Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2353 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I tried this a few days ago and told my brother it tastes just like Grandma’s Christmas cookies. Made a pot today and he agreed. So much so that he bought a tin when we visited Davids today…I love sharing good tea with people who appreciate it! This tea is almond-y and sweet and juuuuust right.

Amariel

I really like this one and should get more. It’s weird saying that since it is a rooibos, and I don’t usually care for rooibos.

sarai

Out of all the Winter Collection, I think this one is definitely my favourite! Just a great tasting tea!

DaisyChubb

Do you have a recipe for these Grandma’s Christmas cookies? :D

aisling of tea

Mine too, sarai, but that’s just because it’s a lesser of five evils…I’m not horribly impressed with the winter offerings.

I do, DaisyChubb! It involves a cookie press, though. But I’d be happy to share!

sarai

Aisling, I agree – I’m not a huge fan of the other winter collection teas.

After having this hot I decided to make a cup cold. The cold for me was better as it was a bit less strong but still way too sweet for me. I prefer Butiki’s Almond Indulgence as it is less sweet and the smell doesn’t give me a headache. However if you have a really sweet tooth than it’s like a really sugary almond cookie and you should enjoy it.

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Mmmm. This tea.
There’s the spicy, warm-you-up-from-inside quality, balanced by this awesome creaminess that comes out at the end (probably the coconut?). I forgot how freaking delicious this tea is. I wonder if it would be good iced? (Now that it’s summer I’m wondering that about EVERY tea!!)

Jessie

I think it would! I remember wanting to try it iced. Give it a shot.

Daniel Scott

I’m definitely doing that, too. (Eying every tea for icing, that is.)

It’s my first time having this and I don’t know why I didn’t get excited about this tea sooner!! how lovely!
I’m wiped out after my 8 mile run this evening all I wanna do is lay down asap. so I didn’t sip this slowly like I wish I had. But next time I will give it plenty of attention. Probably tomorrow even.

From the Great Canadian TTB.

I feel like this one is kind of all over the place. From the ingredients listed I was kind of thinking a chai blend. On smell it is kind of like a fruity alcohol drink, kind of like a sour gummy candy, and kind of like candied almonds.

I taste rooibos, almonds (kind of like marzipan but still not quite), it is very sweet and kind of floral. I have had candied hibiscus flowers before and this tea is kind of reminding me of that, but again not really. I am getting an alcohol taste as well, maybe white rum or maybe cheap gin. I think a good description of this tea would be a candied rose marzipan with white rum.

Last sample from Courtney. I was offered a temporary promotion at work this week, which starts when I get back from my holiday next week. Hence, I’m trying to clear my drawer of tea samples and the last little bits of packets so that I don’t have so much to carry home on Friday after I clear some space for my temporary replacement.

This is one of the samples that was in my drawer. Dry, this smells very strongly of marzipan — almost as if there was an actual block sitting there. It’s sweet and sugary, and it’s making me think of Christmas. Brewed, the scent is much the same. I’m not a huge marzipan fan, so I was getting a little worried, but oh my goodness. The taste. Almonds and marzipan are in there, but I can mostly taste cherry and coconut, with a gorgeous nuttiness in the background. The cinnamon and ginger come through mostly in the aftertaste, adding a little welcome warmth at the back of the throat. This would have been a great sample to have kept for winter, but I’m just as happy drinking it now. It tastes sort of like cherry almond cake — that’s the closest I can come to putting a description to the flavour — and there’s a wonderful hint of creaminess somewhere in there too. I’m a fussy thing when it comes to rooibos, but this is just gorgeous. There’s none of that brassy woodsiness I usually associate with rooibos, because the flavours are so clear and strong. Spot on! Now all I have to do is feel sad that I only had a one cup sample. Insert sad face here.

YAY! grats on the promotion even if it is temp, that’s fantastic news!

ashmanra

Congratulations!

Tealizzy

Congrats!

Veronica

Congratulations!

Scheherazade

Thank youuuu :) I’ve only been doing my current job for just over three months, so it came as a bit of a surprise. It’s nice to know I’ve made a good impression, though. The person whose job I’ll be covering just got a temporary promotion of her own, so we’ll all be back to normal in about two months. It’ll give me some experience I really need, though, as well as getting me off reception for a while. I’m very happy right now! :)

I can’t think of anything to say about this tea other than I want to marry it and move to Vermont with it, or the Canadian equivalent.

Creamy amaretto coconut sweet spicy SOOOO GOOOD. Even the BF swoons for this. I caught him with his nose in the tin like a love-sick puppy. If this isn’t made part of DT’s permanent collection I might cry.

TeaBrat

I just went to go look it up and all they have are the 250g bags left.

Lindsay

omg really?? I only bought 100g and it will be gone sooner than I would like to admit!

TeaBrat

I am tempted to order some but I don’t know if I want that much without trying it first. :(

ScarletVendetta

I couldn’t have put that better. Mmmmm… :)

Dry Leaf Nose: A blend of rooibos, spice and fruits.

Liquor: Reddish-brown and clear, with a spicy and fruity aroma.

Flavour: Fruity rooibos notes blend well with the apple and spices to give this blend a range of flavours.

Thanks for the sample Raritea!!
Almond and coconut, two of my fave things. yum!
Wow this reminds me of a coconut blend I had from Tealish, only that one was black tea and this is herbal.
The coconut and almond work well together, but it hits the back of my throat in a funny way that I’m not sure I like. I can get past it. Overall a very tasty cup!
The second steep was nice, creamy and mild. No sugar added to either cup so that was nice!
I would consider picking up a cup if I was on the go and needed something decaf to warm me up :)

Sip down day #3/tea #3

Oh the almond goodness. This smells just like almonds. We’ll see if that’s enough to mask the Rooibos.
Almond-ie goodness. I love when the good flavours over power the Rooibos. It means I can have a yummy cuppa before bed without dissrupting the little sleep I do get.

This tastes just like almond biscotti . So delish!