Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Okay, now I get this tea, but I am still not putting it at the top of my list of favourites. I love almonds, but there are almond teas that I like more than this one. The nut and the rooibos make for a very nutty flavour (surprise, surprise) but with no fruit to really sweeten it out. I think I will be leaving this one for the bf.

I enjoyed this enough that I wouldn’t mind to much in finishing this tea, but not enough (Though this could change!) that I would be on fire for keeping it in my cabinet. It reminds me a lot of Oh, Canada (Which I didn’t really care for, but I liked the design concept.) Though Oh Canada I would have a lot of trouble drinking down. I don’t taste any hint of apple or of ginger. Some of cinnamon. Ahh well.

I loved the smell of this tea dry and steeped, I thought it smelled fruity! if anyone hasnt noticed I am not good at picking out smells of certain spices or herbs but I hope my nose gets better the longer I drink tea, this was the last sample of my recent davids tea order! and it was good, but I wonder if it was the reason I got a belly ache??? I hope not but this was my first roobios tea! it was good tho, my bf said it tasted like stale punch, but I think he was tired lol.

There are plenty of notes on this tisane, but I did want to add just one comment: I found that if I steeped this closer to 10 + minutes, the flavors mingled and mellowed and it tasted rich and sweet. The first time I brewed this, I stopped at around 4 minutes. For me, there was a marked increase in yumminess with a lengthy, leisurely steep. So, steep on, steepsters, steep on!

Boiling 8 min or more

Mmmmmm definately tastes like hot amaretto. I dont really know what to say but I like, I like. I wish I got 100g of this instead of hot toboggan >.<

Alright, pretty good. It took me most of the mug to get my head around the flavour, but I think I’m there now. It’s a bit odd as it really DOES taste like fruit punch. It has the same essence as one of those cans of frozen fruit punch (the male called it a fruit punch “twang”, and I think I know what he means?). But with spices. Sweet, fruity, and cinnamony but not too heavily spiced. Also, the male seems to quite like it so it gets points for that. He will drink anything but doesn’t typically actively like teas.

And, as DaisyChubb points out, no rooibos unpleasantness!

DaisyChubb

Nice call on noticing the fruit punch twang :D Love it, and now I can totally taste it!

1tsp for 250mL water @100C, steeped 6 minutes.

I wanted to like this but found it has a bit of that minty taste I get some from rooibos and a disagreeable fruitiness that reminds me too much of hibiscus. Got a 25g pack as a gift. I may finish it — rooibos being healthy and all — but I won’t re-purchase.

Rating:

Mmm. Smells like spiced apple cider. Flavor is apple-cinnamony, with a hint of ginger. Creamy almond on the back end. I’m not picking up on the coconut per se, but I think the coconut is adding the creaminess. I really like the apple/cream combination. Another DavidsTea I like!

Thanks to whatshesaid for the sample!

I bought this one in stores a little while back and have tried it many times. I was running low and only had enough for one cup left, so I decided to have it last night.
Obviously this is a winter blend – considering the name.
Its a very comforting and warm tea. It does have a very wintery taste to.
I don’t know, this one is difficult to explain. It tastes pretty much how the name and description describe it.
This one I will not be repurchasing. However, that doesn’t mean anything. I don’t usually repurchase teas, mostly because DAVIDs TEA always has new tea coming out, and I , to try the new ones.
I will be doing reviews on the teas from the fall collection soon, so stay tuned!

Gorgeous tea. I received the Winter Collection for Christmas and this tea was the first in the package to be used up. Fruity, nutty, spicy, yum. Makes a GREAT tea latte. I really hope David’s keeps this one as one of their regular teas and don’t just save it for the holidays.