Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1638 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea smells incredibly delicious, it reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. I thought it would taste very fruity with a hint of spices, but it really tastes more almond-y than anything else. It’s good when you know what to expect, but I don’t think I would repurchase it. It has an aftertaste that bothers me, maybe some fake almond/cherry flavour that lingers.

A spiced, smooth rooibos embraced by coconut: this tea really calms you down and warms you right up. Although once upon a time a previous obsession with this one and a resulting overdose ruined it for me, revisiting it has been nothing short of therapeutic. What surprises me most is how much flavour there was despite having been on the shelf for so long (2.5 years!) – although, granted, I did try to compensate by adding more tea leaves to the brew.
As they say, everything in moderation!

205 °F / 96 °C

Love this!
I was surprised at the strength of the almond that came through in the steeped tea – sometimes I find that the nutty essences are lost when they’re steeped, but this was wonderful. I agree with the other commenters that it would be much better suited to an afternoon or night-time tea than morning. Definitely a rooibos that I really love, which has been difficult to find lately, and one that I hope sticks around for a while.

This is probably my favourite tea from David’s. At first when i smell it i get hints of apple and almond. Second, the coconut takes over. I love apple and coconut together so this worked perfectly. The rooibos prevents it from being overly sweet, but it still has dessert qualities. I love this and would suggest it to anyone.

I really don’t want to rate this low, because it isn’t my cup of tea in the first place. I really hate coconut, it’s not something I enjoy eating ever. However, the smell of this tea was absolutely amazing and I couldn’t get away from how good it smelled. I could just barely smell a hint of coconut, and I figured the taste would be the same.

I really wish it was, since it tasted exceptional, and I probably could drink it (grudgingly). The coconut really overpowered the drink for me, although I will likely be giving it a second try in the future.

If you don’t like coconut, and figure this tea could taste good I would recommend avoiding it. However, if you do, it does have a very sweet and unique flavour.

I am definetely not in a rush to ever have this one again!..I couldn’t even finish the cup the first time! To me it tasted like warm fruit punch and that was a big turn off for me…I got it for Christmas in the Winter Collection and now am stuck with 25g of it…

I went to David’s Tea to buy some teas (read… way too many) and smelled this one. Wow, I was not expecting to buy it yet I was blown away by the dried tea smell. It smells like Amaretto.

Taste: sigh. It is perfect. Amaretto, with a hint of coconut. I love it. I am also happy that it does not taste like a woody rooibos. Even though I promised myself I would not buy anymore teas this month I might just have to stock up on this one before it runs out. Damn I am going to need another job.

Lovely. Rooibos with detectable almond and coconut flavours for sure. Excellent even if it steeps for a little too long.

I had a sample of this one, and mmmm!

Love the blend of coconut and apples together! Never knew I would like that kind of combo and I did when I tried this one! sooo good, very nice

I was in my local mall and naturally, I couldn’t resist the pull of David’s Tea, especially not when I knew they had new teas in. The smell of this tea absolutely blew me away. Sweet, almondy, delicious – someone else compared it to amaretto – a fair comparison, I would say. Unfortunately for me, the taste didn’t quite live up to the smell. It was still very yummy with a slight marzipan flavour, but it’s possible that it smelled TOO good.