Snow Bunny (organic)

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Additional notes: Sipdown of this one... because I threw out the last remaining teaspoons. I don't think I've ever thrown out tea before. I DID try this one again.. I took out all of the walnuts...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1536 tasting notes
  • “I took this one out of the *GCTTB* when I had it last month. Banana, walnut bread? Really? That's what this is suppose to be? To me this is chocolate coconut. I actually quite like it, but I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “Blah I made the mistake of using a nasal spray before drinking this, so of course all its nasty artificial sweeteners are stuck in my throat and this will probably taste funny. But that won't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “I've never really been that impressed with this tea. It sorta gets a bitter walnut taste when steeped, instead of the banana nut muffin taste I imagined. I shared a pot with my mom who enjoys it...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Make tracks
Cold mitts putting a damper on your winter fun? Don’t worry. Go ahead and frolic. You can warm your hands back up with a hot cup of this delicious black tea blend. Imagine a thick, warm slice of banana nut bread. Now imagine you could have all that nutty sweetness in your mug right now. With big pieces of banana, toasty walnuts, and pretty calendula petals, it’ll keep you hoppin’ all winter. One sip and you’ll get a warm fuzzy feeling from your head right down to your fluffy white tail.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ehhhh… I wanted to like this tea. Everything about the reviews on steepster had me convinced this was going to be like liquid banana nut bread, and I love me some banana nut bread. It just wasn’t there for me. There was hardly any banana to it. It was like a cup of straight up walnut tea with a touch of a floral note. I also noticed that there are hardly any banana pieces in my bag! The first cup I tried was too bitter but there was a discernible banana taste to it. This has since vanished. I want to give this tea a chance, but I’m just not feeling it. I’ve been reducing the steeping time to try and get rid of the bitter nuttiness but to no avail. Even at 4 minutes this tea is almost unbearable for me. I can only drink this tea lukewarm and with added honey, but this still doesn’t warrant a re-buy. I will probably just use it in lattes in the hopes that I can salvage the remaining 35g or so.
Sadly, not a fan of this tea.

Nice tea. The flavour isn’t too strong, but it’s warm and smooth.

Tea #8 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

It’s like Banana Nut Bread. Kind of a middle-of-the-road tea. Not amazing, but definitely not bad.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Kind of nutty… definitely getting walnut here. Not much banana here which is sad because that was the reason I was excited to try it. Sweetening it doesn’t do anything to bring out fruit, but it does highlight a bitterness that I hadn’t detected before. I’m sampling this from Another TTB, so I’m not sure the age of this tea and know that walnuts tend to go back quickly. So I’m guessing it is the walnut that is bitter. The aftertaste sometimes gets a nice floral bit to it, but it still isn’t enough to redeem. I read some of the reviews about it tasting like play doh and I can see how that comparison could be made. I remain unimpressed by this tea.

2087 tasting notes

Great Canadian TTB

This one smelled amazing to me and since it is no longer available at DAVIDs, I was happy to see it in the box. However, it is falling short of my expectations since it lacks the banana flavor I was hoping for. There is a nice walnut flavor and an almost caramel sweetness from the calendula petals I am guessing. Good but once again, not something I feel the need to stock which is good since I can’t get it anyways.

This tea smells like a warm, toasty banana muffin, but I was afraid it would be too artificial tasting. The aroma mellows out a lot upon steeping and actually tastes quite nice. The aroma is not reflected in the flavor, but it helps to take an inhale of the steam before sipping to get the full experience. Tastes good, but not extra-ordinary.

Probably not the worst tea I’ve had, but it is pretty bad. I was able to tolerate it enough to drink a whole cup, but not the kind you would take home to your cupboard. If you wanted something that tastes like walnuts, then I suggest you may as well take your boiling water and pour it over a bunch of them. Bleh, I like nutty teas, this one not so much.

i think i over steeped this its very bitter…will try again

I simply adore this tea. Find it goes really well with soy milk.

I’d say the banana in this is what really makes it memorable, tasting about as close to banana bread as one could get without the carbs! I would recommend using more rather than less tea when steeping this, as it is not a strong flavour and the second steep around, it loses a lot of its flavour. That being said, it is a fantastic tea overall :)

Not bad.. can’t say I crave it though.