Hot Toboggan (organic)

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I picked this one up in the good old days, and by that I mean the time when people thought coming home with ten different samples from DavidsTea was ridiculous! If only they knew then… Anyways, I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Interesting. I didn't get the caramel notes as discribed. My first reaction was that it tastes like a sort of light cider. Definitely something you could enjoy on a cold snowy day. Still...” Read full tasting note
    RachanaC 429 tasting notes
  • “Chosen for medicinal purposes...I have the plague, and was trying to nap, so I didn't want something too caffeine-y, but something with spice for my sinuses. Ear pressure got too bad though, and I...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 590 tasting notes
  • “This tea = not for me. I can see what it was maybe trying to taste like... but to put it in few words, I couldn't even finish my cup. It tasted like bath water. Dirty bath water. wtf? Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Get fired up
Playing in the snow can be pretty hard work. You’ve gotta stay energized. Focused. Warm. So, what’s in your thermos? How about this blend of green tea, apple, cinnamon, and almonds? You get all the benefits of green tea plus all the sweet, creamy flavour of a caramel apple. Pack some to go and you’ll really heat things up on the toboggan run. And with a tea this delicious in your hands, you’ll never want to come in from the cold.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The caramel apple (or apple pie) smell I get from this tea gave me the impression that this tea would have a nice fruity note to it. Upon first sip, I noticed something strange, strange like this taste does not belong and out of place. I sat there thinking to myself what it could be.

I looked into my teabag and saw that there was lemongrass inside! I kinda felt like this tea could’ve done without it because lemon grass doesn’t add a fruity taste to the tea, it makes the tea taste a little savoury.

Kay Kanada

I totally agree! The lemongrass is out of place in this one…

I was intrigued by this tea as it sounded very similar to Mom’s Apple Pie (which I love), so I figured I would get a bag of this to take home. Unfortunately I think I oversteeped it as the cinnamon is overpouring everything. I am not getting the caramel apple taste that I was hoping for. I will try for a shorter steeping time and see how that goes.

Oh….there is a new tea that i like in town! It’s the 2nd 2011 Winter Collection Tea by Davidstea that i taste (the first was Chocolate Chili Chai) and i like it so much! The smell is lovely, and the taste is too!
If you’re craving for apple pie or apple pieces with caramel dip with a cinnamon twirl, you’re gonna love this one!

Claims to taste like a caramel apple. It doesn’t, but I see where they’re going with that. Pleasant enough, but a bit boring. I’ll enjoy what I have, but I wouldn’t buy again.

Not a huge fan of the lemon grass thing

Perfect cold day/night tea.
A really nice spin on the apple cinnamon teas that I have actually had a lot of trouble looking for.
It has no overwhelming taste or bitterness all is balanced and it tastes nothing like a green tea.
None of the overwhelming nut taste that I have found in other variations on the apple cinnamon theme.
warm,soothing,gentle and even a little refreshing.

In my opinion It’s just a soft-core and watered down version of Tea Forte’s Harvest Apple Spice (which is not for the faint of heart).I do think it’s a great staple apple cinnamon drink for most people.I however would rather have much more drama.

The first time I tried this I think it was over-steeped because I found the after taste stronger than the actual tea.

When steeped properly its delicious! Tastes how it smells. I sweeten it with a bit of maple syrup to bring out the maple taste. Really good hot and can imagine its delicious cold too :) I recommend trying it. Make sure you use 2 heaping teaspoons to ensure it has enough flavour.

From the description of this tea (and a DAVIDsTea newsletter of making it like hot apple cider) the smell of the leaves wasn’t exciting… very light spice smell and apple.

I don’t smell the caramel apple at all. Maybe it’s a bad batch or I got a scoop of all the lightweight bits?

Steeped, I find it to be a mild citrus taste and a bitter after taste. Not spicey or appley. shrug I had high hopes for this one >__<

It’s was my night treat last night….I was not sure I like the taste!
I think it’s the cinnamon it bug me too strong.
After a couple of sips, it feel better to taste..
Don’t know if i’m gonna buy more..