Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Earth, Orange, Citrus, Cocoa, Malt, Fishy, Sweet, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Orange Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss, Bitter
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow. This tea has impressive scent! In the bag it smells like Terry’s Chocolate Orange and when steeped, it smells like I am in a chocolate factory (I’ve been to one, so I know what it smells like!). This is a nice full bodied tea, the taste is ok, faint taste of oranges. I was a little disappointed with this part because I was expecting a bit of orange taste. Definitely not a huge loss because I love the smell of this tea :)

It was my afternoon treat! Great taste… so creamy!!
More to buy!:)

Terry’s Chocolate Orange. That is what this smells and tastes like, and i love it. Nothing says Christmas in my neck of the woods quite like a chocolate orange, the staple of stocking stuffers. The main flavour here is the orange, but the chocolate and earthy pu-erh shine through. I recommend stirring the tea in the filter to help dissolve the chocolate bits or else you will get a orange-y first brew and a chocolate-y second brew, but not so much of both flavours at the same time.

Flavors: Chocolate, Earth, Orange

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve been hoarding this for a while, so it was time for a cup. It smells nicely chocolate. Then I get the orange scent more in the brew. There is a chocolate flavour with some citrus notes. A bit like orange hot chocolate, actually. With some notes of malt.

Flavors: Chocolate, Citrus, Cocoa, Malt, Orange

This is a good one, though last year I felt it was either a different blend, or I was getting tired of it.

I really liked this when I owned it.

I got my DAVID’sTea Chocolate Orange Pu’erh in my “Easter Tea Hunt” box in sample side. This tea is really great, it smells and tastes like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange. Lightly citrus and gentle chocolate flavour makes for a great cup on a winter evening.

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange

It has a slight taste of chocolate and orange. I added some almond milk to it. Like before, I am just not a fan of black tea. This one isn’t an exception. I just drank it because I had a three steep sample of it. I had it iced too, I will try it hot next time to see if I like it more.

Iced 32 OZ / 946 ML

Tastes just like the name implies. I love it because you don’t taste too much pu’erh which is great because you still reap the benefits of drinking it. A great morning tea for me.

Nice if you don’t steep it too much. The earthy pu-erh taste can get really intense. Sometimes I really like this tea and sometimes I actually can’t stand it. I thought I liked it a lot more than I did – I don’t think pu-erh is my favourite.

This sample came out of the Great Canadian Travelling Teabox (thanks Christina!) but I think I might have some tucked away in my cupboard as well.

I’m generally not a big fan of DT’s pu’erh base but in this instance it really works well with the flavours in this blend. The earthy notes compliment the chocolate giving it a bittersweet dark chocolate flavour with just a hint of orange. It would be nice if the orange flavour were a bit stronger and tangier, but I’m such a chocolate lover that I don’t mind too much. Probably my favorite DT pu’erh.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea smells like just chocolate oranges. The taste begins with a hint of orange, but it’s very brief. Then the strong chocolate flavor takes over and the taste ends with a long, earthy pu’erh finish. If you like pu’erh, you’ll probably like it. But, I felt the balance was off. Could have used more orange and less chocolate. It was a fun sample, but I won’t be ordering it.