Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Orange, Orange Zest, Tannin, Dark Wood, Earth, Round , Chocolate, Citrus, Malt, Fishy, Sweet, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Peat Moss, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow. This tea has impressive scent! In the bag it smells like Terry’s Chocolate Orange and when steeped, it smells like I am in a chocolate factory (I’ve been to one, so I know what it smells like!). This is a nice full bodied tea, the taste is ok, faint taste of oranges. I was a little disappointed with this part because I was expecting a bit of orange taste. Definitely not a huge loss because I love the smell of this tea :)

It was my afternoon treat! Great taste… so creamy!!
More to buy!:)

I just bought more of this after going many months without it. To be honest, it was a bit nostalgic. This was the tea bought during my very first loose-leaf shopping trip and I still love it as much as before. I like the cocoa and the fresh orange taste (rather than dried/bitter orange peel common to most orange flavoured teas.) I can’t taste a lot of the pu’erh but there is a bit of earthiness to the blend that I attribute to the pu’erh base. I love that this tea doesn’t overstep, and I love that this tea is very dark and flavourful.There are many tannins to be tasted but there is absolutely no bitterness to this tea at all.

I brewed three cups using the same 1.5 tsp of leaves and all three cups were extremely flavourful. It was a very pleasant surprise. I will not be letting my stash run out of this tea again soon.

Flavors: Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Wood, Earth, Orange, Round , Tannin

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

Not a fan of this one. I didn’t think would like it because I’ve never been a fan of chocolate and oranges together. Plus it’s a pu’erh.

SO GOOD! Reminds me of cracking open a Terry’s Chocolate Orange…

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange

Terry’s Chocolate Orange. That is what this smells and tastes like, and i love it. Nothing says Christmas in my neck of the woods quite like a chocolate orange, the staple of stocking stuffers. The main flavour here is the orange, but the chocolate and earthy pu-erh shine through. I recommend stirring the tea in the filter to help dissolve the chocolate bits or else you will get a orange-y first brew and a chocolate-y second brew, but not so much of both flavours at the same time.

Flavors: Chocolate, Earth, Orange

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve been hoarding this for a while, so it was time for a cup. It smells nicely chocolate. Then I get the orange scent more in the brew. There is a chocolate flavour with some citrus notes. A bit like orange hot chocolate, actually. With some notes of malt.

Flavors: Chocolate, Citrus, Cocoa, Malt, Orange

Plunkybug

This is a good one, though last year I felt it was either a different blend, or I was getting tired of it.

OMara

I really liked this when I owned it.

I got my DAVID’sTea Chocolate Orange Pu’erh in my “Easter Tea Hunt” box in sample side. This tea is really great, it smells and tastes like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange. Lightly citrus and gentle chocolate flavour makes for a great cup on a winter evening.

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange

It has a slight taste of chocolate and orange. I added some almond milk to it. Like before, I am just not a fan of black tea. This one isn’t an exception. I just drank it because I had a three steep sample of it. I had it iced too, I will try it hot next time to see if I like it more.

Iced 32 OZ / 946 ML

Tastes just like the name implies. I love it because you don’t taste too much pu’erh which is great because you still reap the benefits of drinking it. A great morning tea for me.