Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Orange, Earth, Fishy, Sweet, Malt, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Orange Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss, Bitter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow. This tea has impressive scent! In the bag it smells like Terry’s Chocolate Orange and when steeped, it smells like I am in a chocolate factory (I’ve been to one, so I know what it smells like!). This is a nice full bodied tea, the taste is ok, faint taste of oranges. I was a little disappointed with this part because I was expecting a bit of orange taste. Definitely not a huge loss because I love the smell of this tea :)

It was my afternoon treat! Great taste… so creamy!!
More to buy!:)

Tastes just like the name implies. I love it because you don’t taste too much pu’erh which is great because you still reap the benefits of drinking it. A great morning tea for me.

Nice if you don’t steep it too much. The earthy pu-erh taste can get really intense. Sometimes I really like this tea and sometimes I actually can’t stand it. I thought I liked it a lot more than I did – I don’t think pu-erh is my favourite.

This sample came out of the Great Canadian Travelling Teabox (thanks Christina!) but I think I might have some tucked away in my cupboard as well.

I’m generally not a big fan of DT’s pu’erh base but in this instance it really works well with the flavours in this blend. The earthy notes compliment the chocolate giving it a bittersweet dark chocolate flavour with just a hint of orange. It would be nice if the orange flavour were a bit stronger and tangier, but I’m such a chocolate lover that I don’t mind too much. Probably my favorite DT pu’erh.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea smells like just chocolate oranges. The taste begins with a hint of orange, but it’s very brief. Then the strong chocolate flavor takes over and the taste ends with a long, earthy pu’erh finish. If you like pu’erh, you’ll probably like it. But, I felt the balance was off. Could have used more orange and less chocolate. It was a fun sample, but I won’t be ordering it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange

This is one of the samples that the lovely and kind Roswell Strange picked up at her local David’s and shipped to me. Thanks again, dear! I’m hot on the trail of a replacement tea for Butiki’s Three Friends, otherwise known as the best chocolate-orange tea ever… So even though I’m not a huge fan of puerh blends, I figured I would give this one its chance. It’s a mixture of small puerh leaves, dried orange peel, and tons of chocolate chips. I made sure to stir the tea inside the basket at the end of the steep so that I could get all of that chocolate chip goodness in my cup. This made the tea look like muddy water, but too bad! :P

Steeped aroma is heavy on the milk chocolate (yum) along with some sharp orange notes, as if from the peel itself. I can smell the puerh base a little bit, but it just smells earthy, not fishy or unpleasant. Ooh, this is a no for me. It didn’t smell fishy but it certainly tastes like it, which I was not expecting at all. The orange is also not as present as I would like, though the chocolate is definitely there. Ick, that fishy/swampy aftertaste… No thank you!

Flavors: Chocolate, Earth, Fishy, Orange

Roswell Strange

Sorry this one wasn’t a success :(

Cameron B.

I’m sorry too! I was hopeful. D:

Sipdown! I’m actually finishing the bit of this that I have. It smells great, lots of orange chocolate here. The primary taste is chocolate, with orange following up. I don’t get much depth to the pu erh here, though it’s earthy enough that I can tell what it is. It brews up very dark in color, and has a fair amount of astringency, though not enough to make me run and hide. Kinda reminds me of dark chocolate if I set my mind to it. Pretty good, and I’m glad I tried it, but probably not something I’ll keep on hand.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I find this tea most enjoyable. It is not as complex as a Dayi puerh but it is tasty. It has a very strong orange flavor and a slightly subdued chocolate flavor, both added to this tea. I also added a small amount of vanilla agave syrup that I bought at David’s Tea as well. This definitely intensified the vanilla flavor that was already listed for this tea. There is already an intense natural sweetness to this tea, the agave syrup modified that nicely. there is no bitterness or astringency to this tea. I don’t get any malty flavor from this tea (meaning tea malt) despite it being listed in the description. I also don’t get the leather or tar that is listed.

I brewed this once in a 10oz tea steeping mug with 2 tsp leaf and boiling water for 30 sec. The directions called for 4 minutes but I figured I would start with 30 sec and see how it is. I find most puerh over brewed at 4 min.

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange, Sweet

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I probably wouldn’t purchase this tea if I was at a tea house but when I am at a coffee/tea cafe this is a good choice, especially if you are getting tired of having the same selection of Darjeelings and basic greens. (nothing against them but it’s always the only selection!)

This is a full flavor with a taste of orange and chocolate. I am not really sure where the pu erh taste comes in….This seems much more like a black to me.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt, Orange, Smooth