Chocolate Orange

Chocolate, Milk, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Leather, Tar, Chocolate, Orange Zest, Earth, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by lindsayb612

• “My go-to cup when I'm in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there's actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 940 tasting notes
  • “Oh I am soooo glad to have more of this! I put it on hold for the summer as I feel it is more of a fall and winter tea with how rich and warm and comforting it is. I got a small amount from my...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 505 tasting notes
  • “Wait what, I only had a serving left? That sucks. /sipdown I've been freezing all day, which is pretty sad for a Canadian getting cold in Long Beach, CA. It's not cold here, but I'm cold! So, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 937 tasting notes
  • “It seems that cold brewing this one kept the chocolate from dissolving as much and enhanced the other flavors while making the chocolate more of an accent to the other flavors. Interesting.” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 225 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Smells so good and tastes so good! I’ve only tried a few davids teas, but this might be my favorite so far. It reminds me of these chocolate oranges my mom used to buy us at Christmas. Drank with milk and sugar. Doesn’t even taste bad without the milk (and I like milk). No bitterness. A nice and dark color brew.

I’m not a huge pu’erh drinker, but I have to say that I was expecting more chocolate flavor from this blend based on the smell. It’s quite chocolatey when you first open it up, but very little of that chocolate flavor transferred over to the brew, which had a much more prominent orange flavor.

It definitely had that pu’erh earthiness to it (mmm, orange flavored dirt!). Since this has actual chocolate pieces in it, it does make for an oily tea that leaves a residue behind.

This is only pu erh I have in my cupboard. I don’t think I would have liked this a couple months ago but I do! The smell is off putting but the taste is earthy and refined. I don’t really get chocolate but I do taste the orange in there.

Chocolate and orange flavours go together so nicely. I quite liked this tea. Definitely one to re-steep. A lovely pu’erh.

I’ve made it a rule to always keep a stock of pu’erh available in case I ever feel the emergency urge for a nice cup of Hong Kong style (or at least pseudo-) milk tea. Today, I went for it.

Funny, because I tried it before using this tea, but I swear something is off, not that I was shooting for authenticity here (“chocolate orange”-flavoured milk tea??). First of all, I couldn’t taste the flavours quite right— but that might have something to do with all that milk I poured in there. For one, I don’t normally have milk/cream (or sugar, really) with my tea, but… well, let’s just say something went horribly wrong with my milking technique. (Or, I shouldn’t have tried it with regular milk. Or, it could have just been a bad idea to begin with.)

It’s going to be a while before I attempt to make my own milk tea again.

205 °F / 96 °C

Ick! I steaped this according to the instructions, but I really didn’t like it. I found the orange taste really fake and I just didn’t like it at all. It seemed to have a faint taste of dirty socks…

This tea is so damn good. I just do milk and a bit of sugar. I have this one over and over again. and you can really taste the chocolatey orange. Best dessert tea ever.

I wish I liked this tea better… It smelled absolutely amazing, but I found I always over-steeped it and that ruined the taste for me. Or maybe pu-erh teas just aren’t my thing.

I had this tea today, but this time, I added a nice amount of Reddi-Whip on top and it really kicked it up a notch! Tasty! I had 2 tsp of tea with almost 9 oz of water. Steeped for 5 minutes.

Can really taste the orange and the chocolate, and with the noticeable pu-erh it’s actually quite nice. Huh. Good with milk. Doesn’t need sweetener.