Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Milk, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Orange, Leather, Tar, Orange Zest, Earth, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by lindsayb612

• “My go-to cup when I'm in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there's actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “Oh I am soooo glad to have more of this! I put it on hold for the summer as I feel it is more of a fall and winter tea with how rich and warm and comforting it is. I got a small amount from my...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 590 tasting notes
  • “Wait what, I only had a serving left? That sucks. /sipdown I've been freezing all day, which is pretty sad for a Canadian getting cold in Long Beach, CA. It's not cold here, but I'm cold! So, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1017 tasting notes
  • “It seems that cold brewing this one kept the chocolate from dissolving as much and enhanced the other flavors while making the chocolate more of an accent to the other flavors. Interesting.” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ick! I steaped this according to the instructions, but I really didn’t like it. I found the orange taste really fake and I just didn’t like it at all. It seemed to have a faint taste of dirty socks…

This tea is so damn good. I just do milk and a bit of sugar. I have this one over and over again. and you can really taste the chocolatey orange. Best dessert tea ever.

I wish I liked this tea better… It smelled absolutely amazing, but I found I always over-steeped it and that ruined the taste for me. Or maybe pu-erh teas just aren’t my thing.

I had this tea today, but this time, I added a nice amount of Reddi-Whip on top and it really kicked it up a notch! Tasty! I had 2 tsp of tea with almost 9 oz of water. Steeped for 5 minutes.

Can really taste the orange and the chocolate, and with the noticeable pu-erh it’s actually quite nice. Huh. Good with milk. Doesn’t need sweetener.

Unsure about this one. I like actual chocolate oranges, but this tea leaves me… unsure. I think perhaps it’s the fact it’s a pu’erh. I’m not a coffee fan at all, so I think it’s the earthy tones in the pu’erh base that’s putting me off. Will give it another try on a cooler day ( if we get one in the near future, not looking likely though!).

Thanks again, Shmiracles!

The orange is very subtle. I added a bit of milk, and the tea blossomed into a chocolate milkshake. The color from the pu-erh adds to the aura of chocolate drink. Definitely a flavorful snack for when I’m craving sweets.

I bought just a little bit to see if I liked it. I’m not too familiar with pu’erh teas. It was alright. I don’t think I would buy anymore though. It just seemed odd to me, not nearly as enjoyable as some of David’s other chocolate teas that I adore so much.

chocolate, orange, puerh…. these are a few of my favourite things! this creation was very well balanced, with the individual elements blending so that they become a tapestry while still retaining their private presences.

rich, but not overpowering. nicely done.

Lately I’ve been really enjoying all the pu’erhs I’ve tried, so I was excited for this one. It’s nice and smooth but I don’t really get any particular distinct taste from it. I guess it most closely resembles a Terry’s Chocolate Orange? That said, I do enjoy it but doubt I’ll be running out to buy more after I finish this pack off.