Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Citrus, Cocoa, Malt, Orange, Earth, Fishy, Sweet, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Orange Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss, Bitter
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is only pu erh I have in my cupboard. I don’t think I would have liked this a couple months ago but I do! The smell is off putting but the taste is earthy and refined. I don’t really get chocolate but I do taste the orange in there.

Chocolate and orange flavours go together so nicely. I quite liked this tea. Definitely one to re-steep. A lovely pu’erh.

I’ve made it a rule to always keep a stock of pu’erh available in case I ever feel the emergency urge for a nice cup of Hong Kong style (or at least pseudo-) milk tea. Today, I went for it.

Funny, because I tried it before using this tea, but I swear something is off, not that I was shooting for authenticity here (“chocolate orange”-flavoured milk tea??). First of all, I couldn’t taste the flavours quite right— but that might have something to do with all that milk I poured in there. For one, I don’t normally have milk/cream (or sugar, really) with my tea, but… well, let’s just say something went horribly wrong with my milking technique. (Or, I shouldn’t have tried it with regular milk. Or, it could have just been a bad idea to begin with.)

It’s going to be a while before I attempt to make my own milk tea again.

205 °F / 96 °C

Ick! I steaped this according to the instructions, but I really didn’t like it. I found the orange taste really fake and I just didn’t like it at all. It seemed to have a faint taste of dirty socks…

This tea is so damn good. I just do milk and a bit of sugar. I have this one over and over again. and you can really taste the chocolatey orange. Best dessert tea ever.

I wish I liked this tea better… It smelled absolutely amazing, but I found I always over-steeped it and that ruined the taste for me. Or maybe pu-erh teas just aren’t my thing.

I had this tea today, but this time, I added a nice amount of Reddi-Whip on top and it really kicked it up a notch! Tasty! I had 2 tsp of tea with almost 9 oz of water. Steeped for 5 minutes.

Can really taste the orange and the chocolate, and with the noticeable pu-erh it’s actually quite nice. Huh. Good with milk. Doesn’t need sweetener.

Unsure about this one. I like actual chocolate oranges, but this tea leaves me… unsure. I think perhaps it’s the fact it’s a pu’erh. I’m not a coffee fan at all, so I think it’s the earthy tones in the pu’erh base that’s putting me off. Will give it another try on a cooler day ( if we get one in the near future, not looking likely though!).

Thanks again, Shmiracles!

The orange is very subtle. I added a bit of milk, and the tea blossomed into a chocolate milkshake. The color from the pu-erh adds to the aura of chocolate drink. Definitely a flavorful snack for when I’m craving sweets.