Chocolate Orange

Chocolate, Milk, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Leather, Tar, Chocolate, Orange Zest, Earth, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by lindsayb612

• “My go-to cup when I'm in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there's actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “Oh I am soooo glad to have more of this! I put it on hold for the summer as I feel it is more of a fall and winter tea with how rich and warm and comforting it is. I got a small amount from my...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 589 tasting notes
  • “Wait what, I only had a serving left? That sucks. /sipdown I've been freezing all day, which is pretty sad for a Canadian getting cold in Long Beach, CA. It's not cold here, but I'm cold! So, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1012 tasting notes
  • “It seems that cold brewing this one kept the chocolate from dissolving as much and enhanced the other flavors while making the chocolate more of an accent to the other flavors. Interesting.” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought this tea when it came out and I loved it at first! Then I wanted more and they were always out of stock. Fortunately, I found some at a David’s shop near my house. Now, everytime I’ having this tea, I’m wondering why I wanted it so badly. It’s good, I still drink it, but honestly, I’m still searching for the orange and chocolate tastes. It doesn’t taste what it smells. But you can also don’t care about this fact and just enjoy the tea as it is.

sigh… I don’t love it. I don’t hate it, so I guess that is good. The dry smell is amazing, alluring me into buying 50g. The first sip is slightly bitter. Which is what is putting me off the taste. I don’t think it is how I steeped it because I followed the directions on the package. I do detect the orange and chocolate which together should be amazing. So when I had a half a cup left I added some milk. MUCH BETTER! The bitter taste is gone and the orange flavor is more prominent. I guess for me this tea will be had with milk.

Making a trip to David’s Tea today. So excited!

I really enjoy this tea. It’s like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange overlaid with a mild pu’erh. The earthiness and orange are perfect together. The brew is dark, and just slightly reddish brown.

Soooooo super good, and I’ve not yet acquired a taste for pu’erh. Were I a more refined human being, I’m sure I’d have oodles to say about the sublime earthiness and so on and so forth, but even my father says that I’m no shrinking violet. Thankfully, I find that the chocolate orange flavour mostly overpowers the taste of the pu’erh itself, so it pretty much just tastes like a Terry’s chocolate orange, liquified. Great and good. A keeper.

This was disappointing – I love Chocolate Orange and I found the flavour in this tea very weak. I’ll try to brew it stronger next time.

I was really in the mood for a sweet tea so I decided to go for this (from a tea gift set- red velvet cake, chocolate orange and mint chocolate rooibos). First off, I LOVE the smell. I used to HATE orange and chocolate together, and now I love it. I steeped for 5 min. The smell after steeping didn’t smell anything like the smell of the dry tea.

I added a little milk to it and on first taste I loved it. And I still love it. It doesn’t taste as strong as it smells; the orange is very subtle as is the chocolate flavour. Even still, I love the flavour. I am excited to try the other two now!

This was an instant favorite. The chocolate and orange flavors blend perfectly.

I fell in love with this tea from the moment I smelled it. I’m a pure pu-erh fan (pardon the pun) and I love orange chocolate and this tea did not let me down. It tastes much like it smells and with or without a splash of milk (which I recommend for a hot chocolate-like feeling), it warms the body and spirit.

I served this tea to my non-tea-drinking in-laws and they were very surprised at how good it was.

I recommend this tea if you love sweet teas and flavoured chocolate.

Enjoy!

This was the first DAVIDsTEA I ever had, and it drew me into their teas right from the first whiff of the dry leaf. As soon as we got back to my friend’s apartment, I brewed mug. It is fantastic, and I’m glad I got 100g right off the bat. I’m going to have to go for another before the month is out, I can tell.

The tea is very rich and smooth, and just a splash of whole milk really turned this into a nice treat. It’s really nice for when I get home from work at night and just want to curl up with a mug of tea and unwind.

At first, I really enjoyed drinking this delicious tea. I love chocolate and oranges so this tea is a great mix of the two. Though over time the flavour faded but I guess this happens with every tea.

205 °F / 96 °C