Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Milk, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Orange, Sweet, Malt, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Orange Zest, Earth, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by lindsayb612

• “My go-to cup when I'm in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there's actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes
  • “Oh I am soooo glad to have more of this! I put it on hold for the summer as I feel it is more of a fall and winter tea with how rich and warm and comforting it is. I got a small amount from my...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 611 tasting notes
  • “Wait what, I only had a serving left? That sucks. /sipdown I've been freezing all day, which is pretty sad for a Canadian getting cold in Long Beach, CA. It's not cold here, but I'm cold! So, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1056 tasting notes
  • “It seems that cold brewing this one kept the chocolate from dissolving as much and enhanced the other flavors while making the chocolate more of an accent to the other flavors. Interesting.” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks again, Shmiracles!

The orange is very subtle. I added a bit of milk, and the tea blossomed into a chocolate milkshake. The color from the pu-erh adds to the aura of chocolate drink. Definitely a flavorful snack for when I’m craving sweets.

I bought just a little bit to see if I liked it. I’m not too familiar with pu’erh teas. It was alright. I don’t think I would buy anymore though. It just seemed odd to me, not nearly as enjoyable as some of David’s other chocolate teas that I adore so much.

chocolate, orange, puerh…. these are a few of my favourite things! this creation was very well balanced, with the individual elements blending so that they become a tapestry while still retaining their private presences.

rich, but not overpowering. nicely done.

Lately I’ve been really enjoying all the pu’erhs I’ve tried, so I was excited for this one. It’s nice and smooth but I don’t really get any particular distinct taste from it. I guess it most closely resembles a Terry’s Chocolate Orange? That said, I do enjoy it but doubt I’ll be running out to buy more after I finish this pack off.

If you look up this tea and think, “yeah, but I doubt it really tastes like a creamy chocolate orange” YOU ARE WRONG. The smell is EXACTLY what I hoped for. Tasted amazing, especially with a bit of vanilla almond milk. MMMMM.

I bought this tea when it came out and I loved it at first! Then I wanted more and they were always out of stock. Fortunately, I found some at a David’s shop near my house. Now, everytime I’ having this tea, I’m wondering why I wanted it so badly. It’s good, I still drink it, but honestly, I’m still searching for the orange and chocolate tastes. It doesn’t taste what it smells. But you can also don’t care about this fact and just enjoy the tea as it is.

sigh… I don’t love it. I don’t hate it, so I guess that is good. The dry smell is amazing, alluring me into buying 50g. The first sip is slightly bitter. Which is what is putting me off the taste. I don’t think it is how I steeped it because I followed the directions on the package. I do detect the orange and chocolate which together should be amazing. So when I had a half a cup left I added some milk. MUCH BETTER! The bitter taste is gone and the orange flavor is more prominent. I guess for me this tea will be had with milk.

Making a trip to David’s Tea today. So excited!

I really enjoy this tea. It’s like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange overlaid with a mild pu’erh. The earthiness and orange are perfect together. The brew is dark, and just slightly reddish brown.

Soooooo super good, and I’ve not yet acquired a taste for pu’erh. Were I a more refined human being, I’m sure I’d have oodles to say about the sublime earthiness and so on and so forth, but even my father says that I’m no shrinking violet. Thankfully, I find that the chocolate orange flavour mostly overpowers the taste of the pu’erh itself, so it pretty much just tastes like a Terry’s chocolate orange, liquified. Great and good. A keeper.

This was disappointing – I love Chocolate Orange and I found the flavour in this tea very weak. I’ll try to brew it stronger next time.