Chocolate Orange

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Chocolate, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Chocolate, Orange, Earth, Fishy, Sweet, Malt, Smooth, Vanilla, Leather, Tar, Orange Zest, Dark Bittersweet, Peat Moss
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “My go-to cup when I'm in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there's actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1171 tasting notes
  • “Oh I am soooo glad to have more of this! I put it on hold for the summer as I feel it is more of a fall and winter tea with how rich and warm and comforting it is. I got a small amount from my...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 630 tasting notes
  • “Wait what, I only had a serving left? That sucks. /sipdown I've been freezing all day, which is pretty sad for a Canadian getting cold in Long Beach, CA. It's not cold here, but I'm cold! So, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes
  • “It seems that cold brewing this one kept the chocolate from dissolving as much and enhanced the other flavors while making the chocolate more of an accent to the other flavors. Interesting.” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

So happy together

Some things are just meant to go together. Cups and saucers. Cream and sugar. Tea and cookies. And chocolate and orange. It’s a harmonious combo alright – rich, sweet and decadently dark. And this delicious pu’erh blend has it all: big chocolate chips to satisfy your dessert craving and zesty orange peel for a touch of fruitiness and spice. It’s the kind of thing you could get used to. Which is good, because you and this tea are totally made for each other. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, chocolate, orange peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy. I felt like the chocolate blended really well with the earthiness of the pu’erh, and the hint of orange gave it a refreshing finish. I would definitely try this one again, maybe put it in the cupboard next tea-buying cycle :)

Initial impression- Smells like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange! Delicious! Looks pretty much as advertised- I see chocolate drops, orange peel, and pu’erh. I do wish there wasn’t artificial flavouring, but I’m not too picky about it. After brewing it still retains the wonderful bright orange scent tempered with the dark chocolate scent.
How I brewed it- In 94 degree water (as hot as the machine at work will go) water for six minutes in my fabulous Perfect Mug, I did not brew this with sweetener.
First sips- I only tasted a brief bit of pu’erh before the flavours hit my palette. The orange and chocolate mingle together nicely in this tea. Definitely something I’d buy again.
Would like to try it- with a touch of agave to brighten the flavours a touch or as a tea latte.

I’ve never had Pu-erh tea before so I figured I’d try this. Dry, it smells amazing, just like those chocolate oranges you get at christmas time. Steeped, it smells really odd and a bit off. The taste however, isn’t bad, it’s not as full bodied as I expected (by comparing it to the dry smell) but it tastes alright and would be nice in the morning or nighttime.

I must not have any luck when it comes to Chocolate Orange tea, which is a shame because chocolate orange is my favorite dessert combo and I love almost all dessert teas. I don’t like the smell at all of this tea, I’m not too experienced with Pu-erh so maybe that’s what’s causing it but it really smells, well, fishy to me. It smells like an orange chocolate only when it is out of the bag/tin. The taste is very smokey, and reminds me of like an orange flavored tobacco product of some kind. I’m really sad about the whole thing because I am a huge fan of David’s Tea, chocolate/orange, and tea in general and wish that it had worked out. I’ll have to send this one out in some swaps or something to people who can better appreciate it. Anyone who wants to try, I have 100g of it that now needs a new home!

Yes sir, may I have another? Holy moley this was a dynamic brew. It brewed two wonderful infusions and I will most likely attempt a third. It is everything it says it is, chocolate, orange and a great base of pu erh. Total win for DavidsTea. I’m anxious at the thought of letting it run out!

Woke up this morning with a rage for something sweet, so I rummaged through my tea collection only to remember this gem, which I’d bought in-store and had never tried!

As with most of DAVIDsTEA’s puerhs, don’t oversteep it, as it gets fishy pretty fast. 4-5 minutes is perfect. Otherwise, make sure the water’s warm enough to melt all that chocolate – and boy is there chocolate in there.

The steeped product smells and tastes delicious, if a bit too sweet (then again, I don’t get these sugar rages often).

I had bought this tea recently as Chocolate Orange, not knowing that I had bought it previously as Oh Christmas Treat. I have to say that it’s awesome no matter what you call it, but at the same time I feel that I have been cheated, thinking that I was trying something new.

Okay, I realized I had some of this stuff at home from my Christmas Collection gift set, so I decided to give it another try.

I think I found the secret to make this tea work for me – milk! I found the flavour was much more balanced this time around, and made for a much more enjoyable tea experience. I re-adjusted my rating for this: it takes a bit more effort but it definitely pays off when it comes to flavour, lots of sweet chocolatey-orange taste.

I’m about to go for a resteep and I’ll see how it holds up. I still have about three or four cup fulls worth of tea leaves left, then I’ll decide whether to add this to my collection or not. (:

I absolutely love this tea! I have a cup every morning on my way to class very reminiscent of Terry’s chocolate orange.

I’m a big chocolate lover and I’ve found that this is a great substitute for anybody wanted to stay away from sweets. Totally takes care of the craving!

I had this as a sample TOTD and I liked it. Which it surprising because pu’erh teas and I are not friendly. The dry leaves really do smell exactly like one of the Terry’s Chocolate Oranges! This smell/flavour is still present in the steeped tea, but mellowed by the pu’erh and made a little bit earthier, but not quite as much as some other ones I’ve tried.

I’m thinking a possible future purchase…. but I definitely want to try this one as a cup of tea in the store to make sure.