Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So, apparently I am allergic to something I ate/drank last night. Half of my chin has swollen up and it hurts so much worse than I ever thought a rash could. ;~; I didn't have anything strange or...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “This is *NOT* my cuppa tea. I couldn't bring myself to finish more than a few sips. Down the drain it went :( Peach and Jasmine... Very similar to the Buddhas Blend tea. only stronger overall. In...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells just like champagne, and is brisk, dry, and fruity. So I can see where it gets the name. But unfortunately that's where the similarity ends. It tastes like peaches and candied...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “Hilarious, my Art of Tea order that took them seven business days to bother to ship came a day earlier than UPS said. Well at least I can say I'd use UPS again. So after learning that a 1 minute...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Pop your cork
Why save all the festivity for New Year’s Eve? Just making it out of bed on time deserves a toast. Do your socks match today? Bring on the bubbly! And this festive blend of green tea, candied pineapple, and champagne flavour is worth getting excited about. Sweet, fruity, and complex, it’s the perfect way to make every occasion special. Try it chilled in champagne flutes with crisp honey-drizzled pears or fresh berries. It’s a little luxury you could get used to.

Ingredients: Green tea, candied pineapple, mullein blossoms.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Finally got to try this one today. My lovely friend who works at Davids made me it iced with Aguave. She said the key is to brew it for only a minute, and I think she is right. It reminded me a lot of iced green teas that you buy in the bottle, but it was still really good. I would love to try it with some carbonation to see how it tastes.

As my favourite tea from the Wine collection, and having run out of it months ago, I was excited to see that Bubbly was being offered on the tea wall!

As someone who’s not a fan of champagne itself, the alcohol bite combined with the carbonation makes it difficult to enjoy, I was excited to try champagne flavour, in tea form. From what I can get from real champagne as far as flavour, I think this tea is a pretty close match. Hot, it doesn’t need any added sweetener, but iced I found it needed a little something, and oddly enough, Stevia was the best match. I think the mild tartness caused by the slightly astringent green tea lends itself well to hiding the odd aftertaste of stevia. half of a 1/8 tsp was more than enough to sweeten a 16oz cup of iced tea.

someone else described the floral notes as being jasminey, but I taste more hibiscus. I think it’s the floral notes, combined with the unique flavour of the pineapple, that give the palate the illusion of grape flavour.

I really like it and look forward to bringing in the new year with a cup of Bubbly!

Michelle

Ooh, I really want to try this!

As soon as I smelled this tea I was sold. I definitely was not disappointed by the taste. I’m just beginning to get into green teas. I know it sounds silly but the leafy smell always got to me. This tea is a good starter because the pineapple mellows out the flavor of the tea leaves. It also sweetens it nicely. Overall, a great mildly sweet flavor.

Aimee Popovacki

I always drank green teas last, and I heard about this one, tried it, and it made me more open to trying different green teas!

The Pineapple is strong with this one!

I had this tea over the weekend, and I must say it has a strong and long lasting pineapple aroma to it, and not a displeasing one at all. The flavored was similar to the aroma, leading to a pretty nice cup of tea.

Dry the leaves are green and there are tons of pieces of candied pineapple to offset the darkish color of the leaves, the pineapple smell will hit your nose the minute you open the tin. Steeping the tea takes on a gentle green color and a powerful pineapple aroma that will fill the room.

The final brew is a light green hue with the aforementioned pineapple aroma the flavor is bold and fruity, similar to that of champagne, of course missing the carbonation, surprising really. I have had cheap champagnes that miss the mark in flavor compared to this tea. Certainly wont be a winner for everyone, especially those who do not like a floral fruity taste.

This really does smack of champagne and I find it is fun in that way- yellow in color with a flowery aroma and taste, it is pleasant. Let me add that it also adds artificial flavoring again, and this is becoming a pet peeve. I think if I was really in the mood for this I’d go get it- but I do not like it enough to keep it on hand in quantity.

This was a great treat for me. I am not much of a drinker as I have a hard time finding the right type of liquor that I like. Even though this doesn’t taste exactly like alcohol, it almost reminds me of that sparkly fake wine my parents used to buy my brother and me when we were kids. I loved that stuff. This is an excellent hot treat for me when I wish I could have a drink. In fact, I am going to try this cold this summer and see how I like it cold.

Party in my mouth!

The key to this tea is LOVE. Don’T over steep or it is BITTER as hell! But if you steep it just a minute, yuuuuum! It’s a refreshing taste that wakes up your palate!