Sleigh Ride

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut, Hibiscus Blossoms, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Fruity, Popcorn, Round , Spices, Sweet, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Tuscanteal
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 oz / 356 ml

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 505 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2367 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus blossoms, candied pineapple, candied papaya, beetroot, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds, popped rice, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I couldn’t stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug’s worth left of it so I ate it, instead. You know what? I think I like it better this way! Tart hibiscus, spicy cinnamon, buttery popcorn, nutty nuts, fruity fruit… Yes, not bad like this.

Maybe this is not so much a tea tasting note…

cteresa

LOL. Hibiscus I am not sure I ever ate, but I had this dried cherry-dried apple-coconut and other fruits infusions which yes got eaten after the infusion!. But hibiscus or cinnamon, hmm, not sure I believe you :p

CrowKettle

OK! OK! I will admit that I was lucky enough not to have any full cinnamon sticks left in my sample bag- there was just a light coating of dust on the ingredients. lol. As for hibiscus, I strangely like the taste, on it’s own, a lot sacrilege! I’m really bad for munching away at my blends, both dry and wet, however. I sometimes even do it without thinking. The worst experience I’ve had was unthinkingly plopping a dry yuzu rind, from that yuzu temple tea, into my mouth after making some. I couldn’t taste anything for an hour and my sinuses felt “very cleansed”.

cteresa

I am going to have to try eating hibiscus now – it will be all your fault if it goes as wrong as I fear. But I got to try it!

I never had yuzu, real or in tea. It´s going on the list of things to try one day – I love sour things (extra sour gummies, salted sour plums)!

CrowKettle

I apologize in advance for the hibiscus. At least you will have a general idea as to how deprived my taste buds are! ;)

Fjellrev

Bwahaha chaoskampf. You win. I just bought a bit of this chaoskampf for the first time and am oh so curious.

Another sip down from the advent calendar!

By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I’m not actually certain if I’d be able to tell them apart. It’s a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma. Absolutely delicious!

The flavour does differentiate the two, however; Sleigh Ride seems to have some tartness which isn’t present in Forever Nuts, but other than that, it’s apple cinnamon pie with a hint of nuttiness. Really quite tasty, but I prefer the lack of tartness in Forever Nuts.

A great tea to have tried, but another one I won’t be missing! (Although now I’m having wicked cravings for Forever Nuts!)

ETA: Second infusion is weakly appley. Not bad. I could have used more tea, I think, so probably a pretty good result all things considering!

Boiling 8 min or more
tattooed_tea

I love forever nuts. It tastes just like my moms apple crisp.

Kittenna

Mmmmm, apple crisp…

Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you’re so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I’ve tried all of the winter teas, and yes I am aware that Fantasy Island is coming back from the dead. All easily forgivable, how are they supposed to know I’m a DT fangirl?

However, I was offered a sample of this and it was horrible. Tart as sin. The hibiscus completely took over until I couldn’t taste any of the other ingredients she insisted on rattling off. Seriously, I tasted absolutely nothing but hibiscus. So if you’re like me and can’t stand the stuff, please do try this tea, but not in-store and be sure to keep an eye on the steep time.

(not adjusting my rating because it’s not the tea’s fault, bless its little heart.)

Indigobloom

Isn’t it funny how they so cheerily inform you of the new teas?! They must be all high on caffeine or something bahahaaaa

Drunk From Tea

Omg I feel the same way when newbies work at my local DT too, or if I go to a different DT location. Lol, sometimes I think I know more than them (:

1962 tasting notes

Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really liked Forever Nuts once and now I can’t even stand to smell it. Unfortunately, this has gone the same way. Last time I really enjoyed this but I think I have outgrown the nutty, apple herbals because this is just not sitting right. It is weird how you can love some teas one minute and the next, for no explainable reason, no longer like it at all. Also this one has hibiscus and that makes it all the more worse :(

keychange

I’m having the same experience with Sugar and Spice! I used to love it so much, and tonight I ahad to pour my cup down the drain. So so weird.

VariaTEA

I saw. It really sucks too. I am having the problem with Forever Nuts and I have like 30-40 g of it and even the smell is off-putting. I think I might try baking it into a banana bread or something cuz in theory that could be tasty.

Sipdown #7! It needs to be colder out for me to fully enjoy this tea, but this is still a keeper. Sweet and sour deliciousness. This is my advent calendar sample but I still have a half a tin of this to keep me until next Winter.

got this tea from Davids for Christmas and even though ive tried this befor today it seams more special since its Snowing outside and as the Doors swing open at work and the cold wind blows and it chilld you to the bone I hold onto my cup of tea and sip into warm bliss! all the fruts of the season flow sweetly and the hint of Cinnamon is just devine!
i recomed this tea on a cold winter day. or even a thurmous of this while on a sleigh ride or caroling! :)

I remember when I first ordered this tea and I couldn’t drink enough of it. Now that I am used to its place in my cupboard I am not that desperate to have it ALL THE TIME, but I still brew a cup pretty regularly. I love the apple and cinnamon combined with the toasty notes from the popped rice. It is festive and wintery, but also just plain delicious. I adore this blend and I think it will continue to be one of my favourites!

This is the first year I’m even paying attention to this tea. As soon as I smelled it, I figured I might as well get a bit since it reminds me of Forever Nuts, only spicier.

But it’s quite different once you steep it. Sure you get that buttery nuttiness, but the hibiscus here is so amped up. The liquor is a deep red, and that alone is a warning sign that this is going to be Hibiscus City. And it totally is. The cinnamon is there but it’s fighting to stay noticed. As for the coconut, raisins, and other fruits, they’re virtually invisible. This actually reminds me of a bit of mulled wine in a sense, and I can see this tasting alright with a shot of wine.

Would I repurchase? I’m afraid not.

MissB

I contemplated getting 20g of this today to see if it was as good as it smelled. Thanks for confirming my choice!

Fjellrev

No problem! That money could go towards another, hopefully fabulous, tea. :D

I love the little popped rice pieces in the dry tea mix it looks like Lilliputian popcorn.

Sadly that’s where the love stops.

Brewed, this smells like Forever Nuts, but it tastes much tarter. I can’t say that I’m a fan of the tartness in this tea, and as it cools, that aspect becomes increasingly obvious.

Sigh…not good

I eventually gave up on this one and fed it to my drain. On the bright side, I only got 20 grams.

I don’t HATE this, but I’m finding it weird. It’s different every sip. Some sips are over sweet apple/cinnamon. Other sips are really tart pineapple. I didn’t get anything that I would considered toasted rice. This was just a sample that I got with my last order, maybe I didn’t get a good mix of ingredients. There are better cinnamon/fruit blends out there – Kanpe for one.

VariaTEA

I didn’t mind this one so I am very excited to try some Kanpe when I get the chance