Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Oats, Coconut, Nuts, Tart, Pineapple, Cardamon, Fruity, Popcorn, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Nutty, Round , Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Why oh why did I buy this before reading about it? I just brewed a cup and I feel sooooo gross. The tartness is overwhelming.

I received a sample of this tea from my DavidsTEA order. I found Forever Nuts to be slightly too tart for my tastes, already. This was like drinking liquid Sour Skittle powder. I think I may have to try a shorter steep time if I ever try this again.

Got this as a sample with my Perfect Mugs order – yay for samples!

I have to admit, the description had me hooked! It just sounded too adorable. I opened up the packet and OMG IT SMELLS LIKE CHRISTMAS!!! A very fruity Christmas.

Unfortunately, this tea just did not live up to its beautiful scent. I steeped it for a full 6 minutes but it tasted weak and one dimensional. It probably doesn’t help that I have a general meh attitude toward hibiscus teas…

This tea made me realize I hate hibiscus. All my tea reviews are negative lately. Sigh, the DavidsTea winter and holiday collections just didn’t do it for me this year.

Well, I don’t hate it but I don’t love it. It’s just okay. It smells sweet, noticeable almonds, but I taste tart apples, cinnamon, and, unfortunately, an artificial sweetness. I like the tartness, it’s the underlying sweetness that I don’t like. I didn’t drink this right away, as a result, I discovered that I prefer this cool. I will drink what I have, only 25 g, but I won’t buy it again.

I may despise winter, but I love the re-appearance of this tea! This tastes similar to Forever Nuts, which I also love, but is different enough to warrant a full tin purchase on the second day it is released, haha. Unless I am wowed by one of the new blends, this one remains my favourite winter tea.

For a winter tea, I was expecting it to have a nice cinnamon flavor that is warm and comforting, but this is really not the case, and I was a little disappointed. This tea has a lot of fruit in it, and popped rice (I didn’t even know this is possible)!

This tea is really unique and I’ll tell you why. It is sweet, spicy and tangy! How is this even possible? How can all this be tasted at the same time? Honestly I have no idea, but this is what I’m tasting right now.

My best guess is that the candied fruits add the sweetness, cinnamon add the spice, and the apples and beetroot make it tangy!

Blecch, sour and hibiscus-y.

Smells delicious, fruity and tangy, but not overly so. Beautiful fuscia colour. Yumm.

You could really smell the apple and cinnamon with this one. It also has a pretty mild taste.