Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Apple, Tart, Coconut, Pineapple, Cardamon, Fruity, Popcorn, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Nutty, Round , Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I may despise winter, but I love the re-appearance of this tea! This tastes similar to Forever Nuts, which I also love, but is different enough to warrant a full tin purchase on the second day it is released, haha. Unless I am wowed by one of the new blends, this one remains my favourite winter tea.

For a winter tea, I was expecting it to have a nice cinnamon flavor that is warm and comforting, but this is really not the case, and I was a little disappointed. This tea has a lot of fruit in it, and popped rice (I didn’t even know this is possible)!

This tea is really unique and I’ll tell you why. It is sweet, spicy and tangy! How is this even possible? How can all this be tasted at the same time? Honestly I have no idea, but this is what I’m tasting right now.

My best guess is that the candied fruits add the sweetness, cinnamon add the spice, and the apples and beetroot make it tangy!

Blecch, sour and hibiscus-y.

Smells delicious, fruity and tangy, but not overly so. Beautiful fuscia colour. Yumm.

You could really smell the apple and cinnamon with this one. It also has a pretty mild taste.

I honestly thought this was Forever Nuts! Both Forever Nuts and Sleigh Ride are in the Caffeine-Free sampler set, so when I happened to look at the bottom of the tin, I was flabbergasted. The thing is, I’d even been reading the reviews for Forever Nuts and agreeing with them, so…. Clearly Sleigh Ride and Forever Nuts were Separated At Birth.

Dry, this tea smells sweet, sort of reminds me of muffins. It brews up to a .deep pink-red color and smells like fruity cinnamon. It tastes like a tart apple pie- not super tart, but just a bit. The fruity apple-cinnamon flavor is nice and subtle. I found it relaxing at the end of the day.

I’m definitely going to have to try some Forever Nuts tonight… see if they’re different at all.

Bought 500 grams on last david’s tea sale. glad i got enough , one of my favorites for winter

It has pineapple in it. Among other fruits. By all accounts, I should hate this. But I don’t. I do have to be in the right mood for it, though. Arguably the best smelling tea I’ve ever consumed… I’d wear this as a perfume if I could. Reminds me a bit of Forever Nuts, but with a more pronounced fruity flavour.

Man this tea has a lot going on. Out of the myriad of flavors going on I mostly taste cinnamon and a roasty nuts. Has a red color to it that I assume comes from the beet.

Well I loved this tea. I am a fan of hibiscus so this one tasted like a fruity cider. I also tried this on ice, and it was a very nice iced tea.