Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Tart, Fruity, Popcorn, Round , Spices, Sweet, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 oz / 344 ml

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 508 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Very similar to Forever Nuts, right down to the pink colouring. The taste is slightly different – maybe the rice or the pineapple? – but it’s just as delicious.

When I first starting drinking tea, I enjoyed this one. I thought it reminded me of apple cinnamon tea. However, as I’ve been getting used to a wider variety of teas, I started to dislike this tea more and more. I find it too tart because of the hibiscus, and quite frankly all I can taste is a tart-sour liquid explosion. I rememember that when I started drinking this tea a few months ago I used to be able to taste the cinnamon (perhaps I’ve accidentally used all the cinnamon pieces previously?) but not anymore- just hibiscus, which I am not fond of.

I cannot recall if I steeped this for the correct amount of time, but the first few times I made this tea I found it a bit on the sour side, I had to sweeten with honey to really enjoy it and appreciate the rest of the fruity notes. It wasn’t too long before I could drink it straight and it was no longer a problem.

Oh my, my, my is Sleigh Ride ever delicious! It is by far one of my favorites. It tastes similar to a warm cidar on a cold winter day. I keep full stock of this one!

No matter how short I steep this or how little tea I use, I always end up with this rancidly strong cup of purple. Don’t get me wrong, the colour’s nice but it ends there. I don’t know what it is but I always get it really strong, spicy and gross. I’m not sure if it’s the cinnamon or something else but bleck this is terrible.
EDIT: I think this may be my preference despite the reviews similar to mine, but because of that chance I’m removing the rating and just keeping the review.

I loved the beetroot and hibiscus. What a delicious tea. It was tart and warming on a cold afternoon, and I’d be curious to taste it iced. The taste reminded me of Forever Nuts, as did the color. In my opinion, the tarter the better!

I don’t mind hibiscus so this tea gets a thumbs up from me! I find I can get two steeps out of one serving in my travel mug (4 tsps) so that’s a great bonus. Just the right amount of tart. Haven’t tried it iced, anyone recommend it?

It smells like cinnamon – yum! First few tastes were really nice – mild and cinnamon-y. Then the tart (apple or hibiscus?) kicked in – not as nice. I can see why so many people said “no hibiscus please!”. I don’t have a lot of experience with hibiscus, as I tend to avoid fruity blends. Might try it again. Not pleased about the need for artifical flavours – what, the long list of ingredients wasn’t enough?

When I went to the store I smelled this tea and was confused because I had come into the store to replenish my Forever Nuts stash. It’s basically a fancier, winterier version of Forever Nuts. Really yummy, resteeped great, and relaxed me so well the other night that I was falling asleep while drinking it.

I loved the smell of this, which is why I purchased it but the flavour is a little sour to me. Adding sweetener did not help either. Not my fav from the holiday collection.