Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Butter, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Apple, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Raisins, Pineapple, Spices, Popcorn, Nuts, Oats, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

TTBC2 #15

I needed some little break between the caffeinated teas, so I don’t walk the walls and ceilings at midnight, and so I went with this.

Dry, it smells delicious. When brewed into a crazy neon orange liquor, it still smells delicious. Like plums and cinnamon and Christmas punchiness. The taste is mostly a tart kind of bland. Yes, there’s hibiscus in it. So that’s where the tart comes from. I could taste cinnamony unidentified fruit. Apples? Something like apples.

It was pretty tasty, but fruit teas are not really my thing. And there’s artificial flavoring in this one shrugs.

Now I gotta go deal with my room which has tea packages everywhere, as well as clothes and books in piles of no particular sense or logic. When I think of that, it fills me with dread. I’d rather step into Bird of Prey’s room full of drunk Klingons.

I mean it. sighs

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

I completely can relate about unorganized piles everywhere. And it’s so disappointing when something looks and smells delicious and just turns out bland.

This is hands down my favorite davidstea product. I’ve ordered it two years in a row now (no stores in California—boo!) and love it. I buy enough to last me the whole year. I love the initial smell—floral and summer-y despite being a winter tea— and that when brewed it becomes pink. Love it hot or iced.

This tea has a hibiscus bite to it, so if you do not like hibiscus this tea will not be to your liking. It does have a nice fruity flavor beyond the hibiscus. I tried a sip before adding sweetener, but for my taste it needed some. Once I added the sweetener, it mellows some of the hibiscus bite. I also put it over ice, since when a tea has hibiscus I usually need it to be sweetened and iced. I do like it now that i have it doctored to my taste. I can drink this tea again with no problem, which I guess is a good thing since I purchased several Christmas items on clearance that had this tea in it.

VariaTEA

For me, this tea was like Forever Nuts plus hibiscus . I was not a fan.

VariaTEA

At least you found a way to enjoy it though :)

It’s not terrible, I just wish it tasted the way it smells. It smells gorgeous. Spices and fruit and wonderfulness. You go to take a sip, it smells like winter and roaring fires and being bundled up with a good book to read.

And then it tastes like hibsicus. I ended up getting this at the end of the season for a good discount, and there is a small part of me that’s been considering just picking out all the awesome parts and leaving the hibiscus behind. Very little cinnamon or spice. The popcorn is cute but doesn’t really add anything.

I’m disappointed. I’ll drink it, because I bought it. But I wouldn’t buy it again.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tastes more cinnamon-y than I remember from before. At first, I liked the tangy part, but now I’m not so sure.

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea reminds me sooooo much of Forever Nuts. Almost like a cider-y version of it. I got it as a gift, a whole 50g packet. Can’t decide what I think of it. The first few times I loved it – it’s more tart, more cinnamon-y and more fruity than forever nuts. I find that if I steep it for barely 4 minutes, I get less hibiscus taste and more fruit.

However, I don’t think it’s something I could drink every day, it’s a bit tart and as much as I compare it to Forever Nuts.. I love Forever Nuts much more than this for my go-to tea to bring with me to cold, late night lectures.

Still lovely on a cold winter day though. Very cider-like for me. Like if Forever Nuts and Apple Cider had a sweet, twisted baby.

Basically it’s forever nuts, but slightly sweeter, a little more bitter, with more cinnamon. I found the taste to be a little too artificial for me.

EDIT: Resteeped with some added ground cinnamon and added a little Forever Nuts to the mix and… BINGO! Less hibiscus, more cider-like, and nutty

Backlog from last night. It was my last cup of the day, just before I went to bed. I didn’t care much for the smell which reminded me a lot of Forever Nuts (I’m one of the few who doesn’t like it THAT much… I could easily live without it) with more cinnamon. I received it as a sample with one of my orders and I wouldn’t have bought it for myself but I was very curious to try it.

Anyway in the end I kind of enjoyed it. My friend had a cup of Forever Nuts at the same time so I could compare the two. It is quite similar I think, and both are OK but not favorites of mine. The taste of this one made me think of like an apple pie with a lot of cinnamon. I enjoy homemade apple pies and apple crumbles very much, but I’m very picky when it comes to apple and cinnamon flavoured stuff. I guess that’s why I’m not such a big fan of this.

Anyway it was still nice before going to bed yesterday :)

I loved this tea the first time I tried it, and immediately ordered a large package. After repeated tastings though, the love has faded. I love the cinnamon notes, but mixed with the berried, it is not quite “right”. Will be putting this at the back of the cupboard hoping that after a while the love will return.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I have not been drinking tea long, so if you are a tea veteran feel free to ignore me. When I first started drinking teas I wanted them so strong and so flavorful. I didn’t want ‘tea’ at all. But now, I can’t stand strong flavours. I want to taste the tea and have a nice delicate cup of tea I can sip and enjoy while I read or study. This tea was not it. That said, I did like it. Very fun flavour. So close to an apple cider. Tasted nothing like tea though and that is disappointing. I will finish the large bag I bought, but I’d never get more of it that’s for sure.

Sleigh Ride was one of the teas included with the 2013 DavidsTea advent calendar. Like a lot of herbal blends, it contains hibiscus blossoms, which have a tendency to overpower all other flavors. Unfortunately, the hibiscus flavor is definitely the dominant note in Sleigh Ride, which ruined the blend for me with its tartness.

It also has all kinds of tasty ingredients like apple, cinnamon, popped rice, and candied papaya/pineapple, but these were hard to taste with the hibiscus. While I’ll drink the rest of my small sample, I’m not sure this is a blend I will purchase again. I think it could have had a very unique taste without the hibiscus, but with it, it’s just mediocre and similar to so many other herbal blends on the market.