Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Tart, Fruity, Popcorn, Round , Spices, Sweet, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 oz / 344 ml

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 507 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

“Just hear those sleigh bells chingling, ding ting tingling too. It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you.” Day 11 of the advent calendar. A picture perfect night for caroling and for a sweet herbal tea. Tasting this one I can see how people can compare this to “Forever nuts” flavor wise.

It does taste very similar and looks very similar in the cup. The tart nuances of Sleigh ride however sets it apart from its sweet twin. The toasty popped rice (I will admit I mistook for popcorn)adds a balance to all the fruity flavors and makes it a very satisfying blend at any time of the season. Delicious!

Tart apple cider. I’m regretting not making Alpine Punch now, but this is still good.

Merry Christmas! This tea is very delicious! It smells (and looks) a lot like Forever Nuts…but it’s still very good. I’m not crazy for herbal teas, but this was a nice tea after all my festivities today. I got a 50g bag in my stocking. Very nice!

Although I usually only drink black teas, this was a nice change! Very fruity, and very Christmassy! I wouldn’t drink it everyday, but it’s a nice change

Advent calendar day 11. This is one of the few teas I’ve had that gets the hibiscus blend right. There’s enough for you to taste the flavour, but not too much that it goes really tart. The other flavours are appley and cinimony, like Forever Nuts as others have described. I’ve enjoyed having another cup or so of this in the advent calendar this year.

I don’t mind teas with hibiscus. Sometimes it adds that little note that makes a tea into perfection. Here? It’s the bully that demands the entire playground. Dry, this tea smells absolutely amazing, like Christmas and birthdays and homemade apple pie all rolled up into one magic bag of tea. But once it is brewed you get . . . hibiscus. There are undercurrents of the other flavours but it is like they’re very tiny children trying to peek out from behind an elephant and a hippopotamus. Dear David, please please please lay off the hibiscus in your blends for a bit. I’ve been very uninspired lately, and it scares me that all of these uninspiring flavours are becoming permanent wall tins.

The smell of the dry leaves is simply melodic for the nose.
Once infused, the smell is still recomforting and cinnamon goes through it.

The taste is profoundly good, but at the surface there’s the…

DAMN YOU HIBISCUS!

Yep, because once you infuse it a little you seem it’s red-pink color
splash away your tea pot…
The hibiscus is WAY too much strong on here because it blend all the taste
in one mild cinnamon/apple mixture.

This tea is not disgusting, he’s actually good.
But all the amazing flavors it could deliver just never goes through it.
It’s like a delivery man which never deliver your order.
You just hanging up there enjoying the febrility of the moment and then…
There’s not any end. So sad.

Overall
Too much hibiscus on there, but it’s an enjoyable apple/cinnamon blend.

I placed an order to Davids on the 27th, first of all my order came three days early (boo ya!) second, i got 3 of the christmas flavors in my samples :) . Sleigh Ride was one. I wish I had known this tea was so good before I ordered! I used the new thermometer/timer I ordered and I got a perfect cup :) Equally blended apple, cinnamon and hibiscus :) That being said, I’m sitting in my house by myself in my pi’s watching my friends on my FB feed and TV party it up… I’m too young for this.

I was so happy to see that they brought this one back again this year. It was one I really wanted to try last year but never got a chance to! I steeped a cup of this for the first time this morning and was pleasantly surprised. This tea definitely has a strong apple smell which almost reminds me of a mix of forever nuts and the glow. I didn’t like forever nuts and was a bit hesitant to whether or not I would like this tea. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised! The smell of all the spices comes through even more once steeped as does the smell of the apple. I wasn’t sure how much I would like the taste of hibiscus mixed with all the spiced but I must admit that I did. I will pick up some of this once my sample runs out and before it goes away again!

Before this year, I had never tried Sleigh Ride before as fruit infusions never really jived for me. But I’m so glad I’ve worked on that over the past year because this tea is amazing. I bought a web special of Merry Cranberry to tide me over the Xmas season just in case I hated all of the winter teas… now I’m kicking myself because I didn’t have to. Between Sleigh Ride and Spiced Fig, I’m already ultrafestive.

Anyways, back to Sleigh Ride. I’m a notorious hibby lover (Queen of Tarts + Dischord forever) so of course I’m going to love this one. It’s sweet and it’s tart, so similar to strawberry rhubarb parfait… which is another tea that has grown on me.

Sweet Canadian

Its the best! This, chocolate rocket, and green and fruity are what got me hooked on davids.