Sleigh Ride

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut, Hibiscus Blossoms, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Fruity, Popcorn, Round , Spices, Sweet, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Tuscanteal
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 oz / 356 ml

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 505 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2358 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus blossoms, candied pineapple, candied papaya, beetroot, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds, popped rice, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea definitely smelled like Forever Nuts and Kanpe combined. When steeped, it turns a bright berry colour (unlike Forever Nuts where it is a nice cute pink!). Drinking this I was expecting the tea to be a bit tart—but no! I am really surprised. I definitely taste the apples, pineapple, and papaya, but those are fairly weak compared to a carrot-y taste that I can taste throughout.

Overall, it’s not a terrible tea nor it is the best tea that I have tried. I need to try this iced!

Holy chunks of cinnamon batman! This is like… apple cider, but tea. And delicious. Certainly a magical touch for the holiday season. There’s cinnamon, and apple and popcorn (reminds me of popcorn strings on Christmas trees!) and it’s this wonderful red/purple color. Mmmm… I might have to pick some of this up before the season’s over! Love it!

This is my day #10 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

Well — I slept through some plans today, and I wasn’t interested in rescheduling, so I decided to brew the Sleigh Ride sample Abby gave me earlier today before I left work. I quite liked it.

I don’t drink much herbal tea — or, rather, at all — so it was interesting to see how this side of the coin tastes like. I must admit the fragrance was intoxicating. I barged into my sister’s room when I opened the sample; I wanted someone else to smell it before brewing and confirm my excitement. After my water boiled, I steeped it for about five minutes (while I waited for food to finish heating up in the oven, haha). I allowed myself one last smell once it was finish, then set in to drink the damn thing — and, yes, finally, it was very nice tea indeed.

Sleigh Ride really had a warming feeling, which, yes, duh, hot tea, but the cinnamon was just that — warming! And it just had an overall nice fruity taste through out. I did only really start tasting the papaya towards the end, but maybe I should’ve given it a little stir before drinking? LONG STORY SHORT: I would purchase this one, definitely.

Day 11 of the advent calendar:) This herbal tea is very fruity. I love the smell of it. The taste is not my fave but its different.

Tart, dry and fruity; this tea leaves a very strong example of a fruit tea.

Some people might find it too strong, especially if it’s been left to steep longer than recommended (I’m on my second cup from the same steep right now), but I find it quite rich and enjoyable. It would go very well paired with something sweet or savoury, so long as it wasn’t too tart or sour as well.

A nice, almost mature taste, and not quite what I normally expect from a fruit tea, but excellent for it.

Day 10 on my advent calendar.

I’m not changing the rating on this tea I still find it very underwhelming.

See previous notes…

I’m just not there. I want to be there, but this tea is not for me. I dislike the hibiscus in this blend, and the mixing of cinnamon is simply inappropriate. I don’t even know if I like the fruitiness. I’ll have to give this one a try on another day – I have one more cup left in my sample. I’ll let you know if anything changes, but right now, Sleigh Ride, is not me, it’s you.

**Edit: When first trying Sleigh Ride, I was revelling in how similar this tea smells to Forever Nuts. I wasn’t willing to give Sleigh Ride another chance but I needed to get rid of it (tea overload), so I decided to mix the rest with Forever Nuts and throw it on ice for a beautifully fruity iced tea (about 1.5 tsp of SR/2 tsp of FN, for 20 oz. cup). OH GOOD GOD. I tried it hot before I iced it – COMPLETELY AWFUL. It was so bad, I couldn’t even let it sit on my tongue long enough to figure out what flavours made it so awful. I tried it iced, marginally less awful. I put agave in it, still somewhat undrinkable. I had to put lemonade in this tea just to be able to drink it. Anyway, if anyone comes up with the idea of mixing this tea with Forever Nuts, unless you’re REALLY daring, don’t do it!
Sleigh Ride, it’s OVER. THROUGH! KAPUT.

Boiling 8 min or more

Probably my favorite tea ever. It’s heavenly.

I originally tried this tea as one of the 24 days of tea teas way back when I got the calendar the first year it was offered. I remembered liking it, and so wrote it into the Winter Catalogue of teas that I liked so that my parents could pick and choose which teas they wanted to buy me for Christmas. (since the 24 days of tea calendar was sold out by the time I got around to buying one. Ugh. Must plan ahead earlier next year)

So what do I find this year? A scavenger hunt of an advent calendar that my dad put together, and on day 1 is a 10 g bag of Sleigh Ride. Awesome! I wonder if I’ll have my own version of a 24 days of tea calendar?! I’m more excited this year for my advent calendar than any other year of my life, 5-year-old-me included.

Tasting note. Right. Well, I still like it. It could be because it’s so similar to Forever Nuts, but it might not be. Yes, I do love Forever Nuts, but I DO NOT like coconut. At all. I didn’t remember there being coconut in it last time I had it. But apparently my memory sucks. Live and learn. But you know what? I like it! Not as much as Forever Nuts, but I really like it! I like the slightly-tartness of the hibiscus (I actually like tart teas, so this shouldn’t be surprising) and the popped rice is fun. And the best part is that even though I could see it, the coconut wasn’t an unwelcome addition. Just gave a bit of creaminess to the blend that Forever Nuts doesn’t have. I’m also not one to say no to some candied pineapple :)

Verdict: would re-buy.

This one was oversteeped, which is a pity because it became the all-hibiscus review, and now the sickly-sweet taste is stuck in the back of my throat and I can barely remember the way the rest of it tasted. I’m going to give it a 50 for the moment, because I need to try it again, with a shorter steep time, before I pass judgment.