Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Oats, Coconut, Nuts, Tart, Pineapple, Cardamon, Fruity, Popcorn, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Nutty, Round , Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Now I’m not one to shy away from hibiscus, but this one has over done it for me. It probably doesn’t help that I prefer tart in cold drinks. Getting past the hibiscus this one is pretty good. Strong apple and cinnamon flavour that makes it feel like Forever Nuts, which I do enjoy, but I feel like this one’s trying a bit too hard. Plus all that hibiscus…

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Oats

Drinking any tea hot with hibiscus in it has always turned me off too. I swear hibiscus gives off a dry mouthfeel when brewed hot?

I usually only like hibiscus teas when they are iced. I know this is in the 24 Days of Tea, and this is one I’m not looking forward to. It’s been a few years since I’ve had it, but I remember not enjoying it…

Me too, iced/cold brewed is the only way I can deal with it too. But with that said, the idea of cold brewing a hibiscus tea with spices in it doesn’t seem right either, hence making tisanes like this almost pointless.

That’s what I was thinking. Iced spiced tea just seems wrong :P

Agreed! I’ll be revisiting this tea soon so I’ll have to see what happens…

Hibiscus and apple and cinnamon are all very prominent in Forver Nuts. Do you think the ratio is just off on this one?

Forever* darned iPhone keyboard

I think so. The flavours in this are a mix that I believe could work, and the dry leaf smells pretty good, so I can only imagine that it’s off in terms of ratio. Admittedly I wasn’t really on the ball with steep time here, so it could have over-steeped causing this tart mess. I know it’s in the 24 Days of Tea so I’ll try again with a short steep time.

Apple. Cinnamon. Hibiscus. And the slightest bit of coconut.

Sweet, but not too sweet. Tangy, but not too much.

It reminds me of hot apple cider with spices. Very autumnal. If it weren’t pitch dark out there—thanks daylight savings time—I’d consider going out to rake up some leaves, just to come back to a hot mug of this.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Hibiscus

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

That’s hilarious. I often fantasize about doing seasonal things and getting myself all cold and happy-tired so that I can come in and enjoy my tea even more.

Evol Ving Ness

This patch of the city seems to have perfect yellow leaves that are just barely hanging onto the trees before they fall. So beautiful.

I totally appreciate apple teas just now. Especially ones like this.

Yesterday’s cup didn’t have much hibiscus as the liquor was barely tinted reddish tones.

Not a fan. I guess this may be a tea that you either love or hate, based on a vast number of the reviews here that either give it a 90-100 score or a below 50. There doesn’t seem to be much in the middle. I am thinking it is the almonds that make this tea undrinkable for me. I just don’t like the flavour that the almonds give off in steeped tea. I feel the same way about Forever Nuts. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Monthly TTB Club.

This is pretty good. It’s a nice cinnamon-hibiscus with a hint of nuttiness. I can see why it reminds people a bit of Forever Nuts, but I definitely prefer that one. This one doesn’t remind me quite as much of a dessert, and tastes a bit less special, although it does seem like a good wintertime tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Don’t like this one. Whenever i steep, all i can taste and smell is beets. Dry, it smells quite nice. Glad i only got 30g of this on a whim..

I didn’t know if I was going to like this or not, but the tea itself is rather pretty with large pieces of cinnamon and nuts. I’m not a big fan of fruit tea, but this smelled nice dry, and after letting it steep for a while, it brewed to a nice red color. I was worried that it would be sour like a strong hibiscus tea, but this is more like a spiced cider. A rather weak cider, but it is enjoyable. I sweetened it with splenda. Since I let it steep for so long, I didn’t think I could steep it a second time.

Anyway, this tea came in Tracey’s traveling tea box. There were a lot of great choices, but this was one I wanted to try first. This is my second sample David’s Tea, I think. I like it, though I doubt I would drink it without splenda.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

Overboard TTB #8

This was the rare cup of tea that I ended up dumping out after just a few sips. Cinnamon and hibiscus fighting each other in my mouth is not my idea of a cheery holiday sleigh ride!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Tart

I’ve really liked these tea before, the first few cups, but as I do a sip down (and in comparison with Forever Nuts), I like it less. Today I get an overwhelming flavor of popped rice, and I’m really tasting the tartness of the hibiscus. Overall, figuring out the many cups I’ve had, it’s still a good tea.

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The smell of this tea reminds me of winter and is definitely a delicious one too! The tartness of the hibiscus is balanced by the coconut, apple and cinnamon. The papaya and pineapple add a slight fruitiness! Perfect served hot or over ice as a teapop :)

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Hibiscus, Pineapple

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

When I first had this tea i was very surprised. I usually like my teas pretty strong in taste, but I was in the mood for something with less of a kick and more of a subtle tone. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but even though i put less than i usually use, it still had that beautiful red color-and a fruity kick! I was not expecting it, so i couldn’t tell if I liked it. I had it again recently at a good friends house and I was satisfied. Not a favorite, but I needed to blog about it.