Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Apple Skins, Rice, Tart, Toasted Rice, Fruity, Nuts, Butter, Red Wine, Tangy, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Raisins, Pineapple, Spices, Popcorn, Oats, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Artificial, Earth, Vanilla, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love hibiscus. It tastes like cranberry juice. I usually drink hibiscus tea iced and, like cranberry juice, sweetened. The apple and nuts make this ok hot. I enjoyed it, but I’m not sure if this will replace cold steeped bulk hibiscus flowers for me.

When I smelt sleigh ride I was taken away. It smelt fruity and nutty and delicious. I could totally use it instead of candles to make my house smell amazing! Unfortunately it doesn’t taste nearly as good as it smells. It tasted very fruity and very confusing. Maybe I just don’t like fruity tea’s? But I wouldn’t get this tea again.

Wow the reviews on this tea are brutal! It’s not the tea’s fault!

The bag, fresh out of the box, smells like a McDonald’s apple turnover (that’s a good thing) but only because you haven’t gotten to the hibiscus yet. Hibiscus in a Christmas tea? Yes! And it turns it a festive red color!

It’s appley! It’s kinda cinnamony! The hibiscus adds some bitterness so it’s not too sweet!

I tried it iced at ashmanra’s and it was even more appley! It didn’t have sugar but I’d bet it’d be delightful. I’m going to try making a pitcher of it iced with some sugar.

I liked it :-P

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus

Fjellrev

Haha I don’t even recall how this one tastes. Look like I thought it was middle-of-the-road. Not too brutal.

gmathis

Thank you for making me think about McDonalds fried pies. (Yes, I am old. They called them FRIED when I was a kid. And they were!)

Superanna

@fjellrev Everybody was like “I hate hibiscus and apples! This tastes like satan’s butthole! I give it 15!”

@GMathis ashmanra went for Hardee’s apple turnover the same time I said McDonald’s. I bet they were delicious fried! They’re still suspiciously cheap and great with a cup of coffee.

This tea reminds me of forever nuts.. which is one of my all time faves. But it’s much more tart. From other comments I’ve read, I’m gonna assume the tartness is from the hibiscus. That’s slightly disappointing, but doesn’t mean I don’t like the tea. I could not only taste, but also smell, the popped rice. Kind of like genmaicha smell. It was very subtle though. I didn’t get much nuttiness, more so tart fruit and hibiscus and popped rice. I think I’ll steep it for less time next time ( 5-6 minutes maybe- I oversteeped on accident) it’s yummy though! Not awful at all! This and nutty and spice are my fave holiday teas from them right now! I’ll have another cup of this tomorrow and see how I feel then. For now, I’m giving a thumbs up- although if I could I would ask them to tone down the hibiscus

Flavors: Apple Skins, Hibiscus, Rice, Tart, Toasted Rice

This tea was the first loose leaf tea I ever tried. I first tasted it in last year’s advent calendar hot and loved it. When I heard it was returning this year, I stocked up during the F&F sale. I ended up buying a full tin of 150 g. Since then, I’ve tried it iced and it is even more amazing that way. It tastes like cinnamon and fruit without the cinnamon being too overwhelming. It is my favourite winter/Christmas tea and I will be sad when my tin runs out.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Nuts

Iced 8 min or more

This is my favorite tea ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the smell of this tea, for this reason it stands out a lot. It smells like “Christmas” and it is very relaxing. The flavor itself is good as well, I do enjoy it but I still find myself looking for something more. Definitely will buy again around Christmas.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Hibiscus

This tea smells exactly like wine in my opinion, which I do enjoy. The taste is similar, with notes of tart apples and cinnamon. I only have 25grams of this tea, once it is gone I will not re-purchase. A little too tart for my liking.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Second time reviewing this. Having a cup of it now since I had enough left over in last years advent calendar. It’s actually pretty yummy, I don’t know why I rated it a 50. Now I’d say it’s a 67 ish. I don’t really taste the coconut, and it tastes nice & fruity to me. It’s a nice holiday tea.

Flavors: Apple, Fruity