Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Butter, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Apple, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Raisins, Pineapple, Spices, Popcorn, Nuts, Oats, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Artificial, Earth, Vanilla, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is my favorite tea ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the smell of this tea, for this reason it stands out a lot. It smells like “Christmas” and it is very relaxing. The flavor itself is good as well, I do enjoy it but I still find myself looking for something more. Definitely will buy again around Christmas.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Hibiscus

This tea smells exactly like wine in my opinion, which I do enjoy. The taste is similar, with notes of tart apples and cinnamon. I only have 25grams of this tea, once it is gone I will not re-purchase. A little too tart for my liking.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

At first smell, I didn’t like it at all. I didn’t think it would be a tea I would like. But since it was the first day in my advent calendar, I decided to give it a try. I was surprised that I actually didn’t mind it. It tastes sweet, cinnamony, and it has a bright red colour to it. It’s not a favourite, but it was okay.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Nutty

I was in the mood for a nice creamy dessert tea today so I grabbed this…. I’m not sure why because its not at all what I was looking for.
It’s apple base is fairly evident, a little bit nutty but more fruit flavors stick out to me. This is kind of similar to the Wegmans Almond Ode to Joy (at least I think that was the name?); definitely not going to pick up more of this.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Fruity

Sleigh Ride has such a delicious smell to it. It literally reminds me of Christmas morning. The first time I came across this tea, I literally sat there for a good couple of minutes just soaking up the smell. It has a sweet smell that really reminds me of gingerbread cookies.

I should know better by now, but I always have this assumption that when teas smell sweet, they’ll taste sweet as well. Definitely not the case with Sleigh Ride. It was fairly tart which was a bit of a shock to my taste buds. It really shouldn’t have been all that surprising since Sleigh Ride does contain hibiscus after all.

I wouldn’t say this would be my go-to winter tea, but it definitely is a festive tea. With it’s dark red liquor and strong cinnamon and hibiscus flavours, it really is a type of tea I would only drink during the winter months.

Sipdown from last night!

I took the entire sample of this that I got for Christmas and made a pot to drink while watching some movies on Netflix. This wasn’t bad, but it was very heavy on the hibiscus, and smelled an awful lot like Forever Nuts. I like Forever Nuts, but since it’s not a seasonal blend, I have no reason to try and hold onto this tea.

Alpine Punch on the other hand? That shiz is delicious.

The words trail mix come to mind… I got this for someone else who is very “christmasy” and this morning I decided to sit down and make this for them. The tea looks like trail mix, and it doesn’t remind me of Xmas very much (or a sleigh ride). The brew is a pretty pink color, which is nice. The flavor is pretty bad. The brew begins with a sour fruit taste, and it stays that course throughout. I noted a strange sweet note in the background. I didn’t finish my cup and poured the rest out. This is not my thing.

Flavors: Sour

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

This smells EXACTLY like DavidsTea’s Forever Nuts which is an all-time favourite. Hibiscus teas generally aren’t my favourite but this one is balanced really well with the cinnamon and rounded out with notes of almond and a hint of apple.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Raisins

Tart, light, and fruity hibiscus and apple are at the core of this tea. Cinnamon adds a warm heart, and the popcorn gives the tea body and a silky mouthfeel. This tea is warm, delicious, and full of holiday spirit.

To those who find it too tart I say- bah, humbug!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus