Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple Skins, Hibiscus, Rice, Tart, Toasted Rice, Cinnamon, Fruity, Nuts, Apple, Butter, Red Wine, Tangy, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Raisins, Pineapple, Spices, Popcorn, Oats, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Artificial, Earth, Vanilla, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was the first loose leaf tea I ever tried. I first tasted it in last year’s advent calendar hot and loved it. When I heard it was returning this year, I stocked up during the F&F sale. I ended up buying a full tin of 150 g. Since then, I’ve tried it iced and it is even more amazing that way. It tastes like cinnamon and fruit without the cinnamon being too overwhelming. It is my favourite winter/Christmas tea and I will be sad when my tin runs out.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Nuts

Iced 8 min or more

Dry leaves have cinnamon aroma; hint of tartness with apple, hibiscus, and cinnamon flavour when steeped.

Flavors: Apple, Hibiscus

This is my favorite tea ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the smell of this tea, for this reason it stands out a lot. It smells like “Christmas” and it is very relaxing. The flavor itself is good as well, I do enjoy it but I still find myself looking for something more. Definitely will buy again around Christmas.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Hibiscus

This tea smells exactly like wine in my opinion, which I do enjoy. The taste is similar, with notes of tart apples and cinnamon. I only have 25grams of this tea, once it is gone I will not re-purchase. A little too tart for my liking.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Second time reviewing this. Having a cup of it now since I had enough left over in last years advent calendar. It’s actually pretty yummy, I don’t know why I rated it a 50. Now I’d say it’s a 67 ish. I don’t really taste the coconut, and it tastes nice & fruity to me. It’s a nice holiday tea.

Flavors: Apple, Fruity

I was in the mood for a nice creamy dessert tea today so I grabbed this…. I’m not sure why because its not at all what I was looking for.
It’s apple base is fairly evident, a little bit nutty but more fruit flavors stick out to me. This is kind of similar to the Wegmans Almond Ode to Joy (at least I think that was the name?); definitely not going to pick up more of this.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Fruity

Sleigh Ride has such a delicious smell to it. It literally reminds me of Christmas morning. The first time I came across this tea, I literally sat there for a good couple of minutes just soaking up the smell. It has a sweet smell that really reminds me of gingerbread cookies.

I should know better by now, but I always have this assumption that when teas smell sweet, they’ll taste sweet as well. Definitely not the case with Sleigh Ride. It was fairly tart which was a bit of a shock to my taste buds. It really shouldn’t have been all that surprising since Sleigh Ride does contain hibiscus after all.

I wouldn’t say this would be my go-to winter tea, but it definitely is a festive tea. With it’s dark red liquor and strong cinnamon and hibiscus flavours, it really is a type of tea I would only drink during the winter months.

Sipdown from last night!

I took the entire sample of this that I got for Christmas and made a pot to drink while watching some movies on Netflix. This wasn’t bad, but it was very heavy on the hibiscus, and smelled an awful lot like Forever Nuts. I like Forever Nuts, but since it’s not a seasonal blend, I have no reason to try and hold onto this tea.

Alpine Punch on the other hand? That shiz is delicious.