Sleigh Ride

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut, Hibiscus Blossoms, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Fruity, Popcorn, Round , Spices, Sweet, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Tuscanteal
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 oz / 356 ml

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 496 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1236 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1928 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus blossoms, candied pineapple, candied papaya, beetroot, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds, popped rice, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Backlog from last night. It was my last cup of the day, just before I went to bed. I didn’t care much for the smell which reminded me a lot of Forever Nuts (I’m one of the few who doesn’t like it THAT much… I could easily live without it) with more cinnamon. I received it as a sample with one of my orders and I wouldn’t have bought it for myself but I was very curious to try it.

Anyway in the end I kind of enjoyed it. My friend had a cup of Forever Nuts at the same time so I could compare the two. It is quite similar I think, and both are OK but not favorites of mine. The taste of this one made me think of like an apple pie with a lot of cinnamon. I enjoy homemade apple pies and apple crumbles very much, but I’m very picky when it comes to apple and cinnamon flavoured stuff. I guess that’s why I’m not such a big fan of this.

Anyway it was still nice before going to bed yesterday :)

I loved this tea the first time I tried it, and immediately ordered a large package. After repeated tastings though, the love has faded. I love the cinnamon notes, but mixed with the berried, it is not quite “right”. Will be putting this at the back of the cupboard hoping that after a while the love will return.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I have not been drinking tea long, so if you are a tea veteran feel free to ignore me. When I first started drinking teas I wanted them so strong and so flavorful. I didn’t want ‘tea’ at all. But now, I can’t stand strong flavours. I want to taste the tea and have a nice delicate cup of tea I can sip and enjoy while I read or study. This tea was not it. That said, I did like it. Very fun flavour. So close to an apple cider. Tasted nothing like tea though and that is disappointing. I will finish the large bag I bought, but I’d never get more of it that’s for sure.

Sleigh Ride was one of the teas included with the 2013 DavidsTea advent calendar. Like a lot of herbal blends, it contains hibiscus blossoms, which have a tendency to overpower all other flavors. Unfortunately, the hibiscus flavor is definitely the dominant note in Sleigh Ride, which ruined the blend for me with its tartness.

It also has all kinds of tasty ingredients like apple, cinnamon, popped rice, and candied papaya/pineapple, but these were hard to taste with the hibiscus. While I’ll drink the rest of my small sample, I’m not sure this is a blend I will purchase again. I think it could have had a very unique taste without the hibiscus, but with it, it’s just mediocre and similar to so many other herbal blends on the market.

Received this as a sample, and I’m so glad I didn’t pay for it. Even after a steep of 30 minutes (and it calls for 2 tbs per cup!) this tea was weak and mostly tasted of hibiscus.

Boiling 8 min or more

We got a sample of this (always love samples, although I wish they’d give me something oolong or something different to try.) It was heavenly upon first smell. It also tasted good, but not amazing for me. My hubsy really liked it – an 80 he says. Its a one steeper though.

5g of tea, 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon sugar, milk. I’m not sure I would buy it again, as it was very drinkable but not special for me. I may need to buy it for husby though, he seemed very impressed.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Why oh why did I buy this before reading about it? I just brewed a cup and I feel sooooo gross. The tartness is overwhelming.

I received a sample of this tea from my DavidsTEA order. I found Forever Nuts to be slightly too tart for my tastes, already. This was like drinking liquid Sour Skittle powder. I think I may have to try a shorter steep time if I ever try this again.

Got this as a sample with my Perfect Mugs order – yay for samples!

I have to admit, the description had me hooked! It just sounded too adorable. I opened up the packet and OMG IT SMELLS LIKE CHRISTMAS!!! A very fruity Christmas.

Unfortunately, this tea just did not live up to its beautiful scent. I steeped it for a full 6 minutes but it tasted weak and one dimensional. It probably doesn’t help that I have a general meh attitude toward hibiscus teas…

This tea made me realize I hate hibiscus. All my tea reviews are negative lately. Sigh, the DavidsTea winter and holiday collections just didn’t do it for me this year.