Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Apple, Tart, Coconut, Pineapple, Cardamon, Fruity, Popcorn, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Nutty, Round , Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this one, it’s a favourite of mine but I have to drink it really hot and really steeped. I’ll purchase again if I can

I fortunately tried this tea before I read the negative reviews. I enjoyed it. It was certainly full of hibiscus flavor and heavy on the cinnamon, but I steeped it only a short time. This was a gift and while I enjoyed the other tea I received more, it was enough to get me interested in investigating David’s further.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Honey, Pineapple

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Surprisingly I am enjoying this quite a bit more then I thought I would. Yes …yes it is a bit hibiscusy but if you can get over that it has a great nutty flavor to it. Though I don’t think the name Sleigh ride quite suits it. Figgy nutty pudding …or something like that. Also, it is much better when it’s a bit colder.

It is a sweet tasting tea which everyone says it is nothing but hibiscus. The tea didn’t remind me of anything, and that allows one’s mind to wander while enjoying it. Therefore in keeping with the tart notes that everyone is talking about with this tea:

The books recommended for this tea are Burned, The Crank Series, by Ellen Hopkins, At Risk by Alice Hoffman.

This is what made me fall in love with tea. I got this as a gift last xmas and i was truly blown away. This tea is pro bly my favorite of all time. The subtle cinnamon flavor, combined with the beautiful color and the sorta popcorn flavor that comes through really nicely makes it a classic. I always drank it hot and an employee at DavidsTea suggested to me to drink it iced and i loved it just as much :) you must try this

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cranberry, Fruity, Kettle Corn

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I thought I was in for a doubled-Forever Nuts, when I opened up this tin. The smell is identical. And to be honest, I wish the taste was identical, too. I’m not a fan of Forever Nuts—too pink, too artificial, too much apple when all I really want is almond—but it is in every way superior to Sleigh Ride. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much hibiscus going on in this! (Granted, as a hibiscus hater, any hibiscus is too much, so take the review with a fat pinch of salt.)

Maddy Barone

This one sounds so good! But I don’t care for hibiscus either. Thanks for the heads up.

So disappointing :(

Day 22 of “24 Days of Tea.” The smell of the dry tea and the smell once it’s been steeped is delightful. I like the smell of this tea more than I like the taste. It’s not terrible but it’s far from being a favourite. It’s just “okay.” If the hibiscus wasn’t in this, I would rate it higher. Too tart for me. I even sweetened it up with some agave nectar and it was still too tart. Has a nice apple-cinnamon flavour that I like, along with a touch of nuttiness. Steeps to a beautiful, deep red colour. I like it but I don’t love it. Darn that pesky hibiscus!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nutty, Tart

Sleigh Ride smells exactly like forever nuts, and the ingredients are mightily similar and they brew up the same pretty pink, so I expected something very close in taste – although what I got was not as close as I expected. There are a lot of commonalities with Forever nuts in the nuttiness and sweetened beetroot flavor, but where forever nuts has a deep nutty overtone, Sleigh ride has a much lighter, fruitier taste that spotlights the hibiscus and apple. Funny this comes out as part of the Winter collection, because I would almost consider this a more summery version of forever nuts (and probably would brew excellent cold as well), but needless to say I love the taste.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Nutty

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I had tried this tea once before and recall liking it but this time I was not a fan. I must have got more of the pineapple and hibiscus in the mix this time because it was very tart. Its like a sour apple. I previously detected more of the nut flavour along with the apple and found this to taste like a slightly more sour forever nuts. I almost tossed this cup because the sourness was really bothering me. With all the apple/nut combinations available I wouldn’t bother with this again.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Welp, this is the last of my David’s winter & holiday samples (thanks again Roswell Strange). This one is a food tea, like I commonly see at Teavana and David’s. It looks and smells quite similar to the Forever Nuts type of tea that has so many versions. There are big chunks of fruit and stuff, and I can see hibiscus as well. Smells fruity, cinnamon-y, nutty.

Meh, this is similar to the other teas I mentioned, except that it has a lot of hibiscus tartness involved. The beginning of the sip is pure tart, and then near the end I can taste the nuts, cinnamon, apples, etc. It’s not horrible, surprisingly, but it’s not something I would drink given other choices.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Tart