Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Hibiscus, Raisins, Pineapple, Spices, Popcorn, Nuts, Oats, Butter, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 1 of #24daysoftea did not have an auspicious start. I really didn’t like this tea, although a lot of people do. I think hibiscus is not for me.

This tea smells great both hot and cold. This is a very interesting tea as it starts off with a strong nutty flavor and ends on a semi-bitter citrusy note.

It’s advent calendar time again! I really wanted to like this tea and gave it two shots, adding extra sugar the second time, but it’s just too tart for me. A lot of things in here like the apple and popped rice are my favourite, but there’s a bitterness I just can’t handle once steeped.

Happy first day of twenty four days of tea, everyone!

I got a colour changing mug for our anniversary on Friday, and I had to hold off on using it until I could christen it with the joy that is the advent calendar. The best part of today is that it’s my obligatory day off due to training on Saturday. I spent the day cleaning, blogging, baking, drinking tea, and listening to acoustic versions of 80s and 90s songs on Spotify.

I was so excited about my mug that I had to take a video. Sadly, my preparation of the tea was less enthralling than the mug itself. The tea tasted weak and tart with no lingering sweetness. When I found a small amount of it on the mug’s coaster an hour or two later and took a sip, I was in heaven. It had the right balance of tartness, sweetness, and cinnamon.

I finished the last of the sample a few minutes ago, using the last two teaspoons for a cup. It was much more pleasant this way.

Would I buy it again? Possibly. The boyfriend seems to really like it. I want to see how it compares to mulled wine.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Popcorn, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea never really interested me when I saw it on the DAVIDsTEA website.. I just had a feeling I knew what this would taste like and unfortunately, I was right. This cup brewed up a dark pink, reminding me a lot of Forever Nuts. I couldn’t really taste anything that significant.. maybe a little bit of apple and hibiscus.. maybe a tiny bit of almond? For me, this was just a hot cup of fruitiness with nothing that makes it particularly special or wintery. Darn.

Day 1 of 2015 Advent Calendar

A bit of pleasant cranberry-tartness (likely from the hibiscus) with somewhat of a dull overall flavour. There’s a bit of a trailing hibicus aftertaste that is overpowering. I am detecting some nutty-savoury tones mixed with creamy apple and cinnamon that reminds me of Forever Nuts from DAVIDsTEA. This tisane is blended well but has too much hibiscus to it. I am also discouraged by how much “dry leaf” is required to achieve a decent flavour. I’m getting more of a cider flavour as it cools- the apple is coming more to the forefront and balancing out the tartness of the hibiscus.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Tart

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML
Kristal

Agreed- didn’t care for this tea and it bothered my acid reflux :(

I opened this and thought “Oh no!” It looked and smelled just like Gingerbread House by Distinctly Tea and at 3 times the price. Thankfully though, once brewed the flavour is different enough that I don’t completely regret the purchase. Plus I did get the pretty collector’s tin. The flavours are similar, with cinnamon and apples being the dominant flavours, I can actually taste the popcorn in this one, though the coconut isn’t as evident. I would probably stick with Gingerbread House in the future due to the price difference but both are good.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Popcorn

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Just like juice. I feel like they either made this tea for people who like juice but don’t want the calories and the sugar or they made this for people who are more into summer iced teas and DT doesn’t want to loose those customers in the winter. Someone suggested in his review to eat it instead. I must say it made a very good oatmeal topping… except when I had the hibiscus bits.

Now I’m not one to shy away from hibiscus, but this one has over done it for me. It probably doesn’t help that I prefer tart in cold drinks. Getting past the hibiscus this one is pretty good. Strong apple and cinnamon flavour that makes it feel like Forever Nuts, which I do enjoy, but I feel like this one’s trying a bit too hard. Plus all that hibiscus…

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Oats

Fjellrev

Drinking any tea hot with hibiscus in it has always turned me off too. I swear hibiscus gives off a dry mouthfeel when brewed hot?

Kristal

I usually only like hibiscus teas when they are iced. I know this is in the 24 Days of Tea, and this is one I’m not looking forward to. It’s been a few years since I’ve had it, but I remember not enjoying it…

Fjellrev

Me too, iced/cold brewed is the only way I can deal with it too. But with that said, the idea of cold brewing a hibiscus tea with spices in it doesn’t seem right either, hence making tisanes like this almost pointless.

Fay

That’s what I was thinking. Iced spiced tea just seems wrong :P

Kristal

Agreed! I’ll be revisiting this tea soon so I’ll have to see what happens…

Alyssa

Hibiscus and apple and cinnamon are all very prominent in Forver Nuts. Do you think the ratio is just off on this one?

Alyssa

Forever* darned iPhone keyboard

Fay

I think so. The flavours in this are a mix that I believe could work, and the dry leaf smells pretty good, so I can only imagine that it’s off in terms of ratio. Admittedly I wasn’t really on the ball with steep time here, so it could have over-steeped causing this tart mess. I know it’s in the 24 Days of Tea so I’ll try again with a short steep time.

Apple. Cinnamon. Hibiscus. And the slightest bit of coconut.

Sweet, but not too sweet. Tangy, but not too much.

It reminds me of hot apple cider with spices. Very autumnal. If it weren’t pitch dark out there—thanks daylight savings time—I’d consider going out to rake up some leaves, just to come back to a hot mug of this.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Hibiscus

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
keychange

That’s hilarious. I often fantasize about doing seasonal things and getting myself all cold and happy-tired so that I can come in and enjoy my tea even more.

Evol Ving Ness

This patch of the city seems to have perfect yellow leaves that are just barely hanging onto the trees before they fall. So beautiful.

I totally appreciate apple teas just now. Especially ones like this.

Yesterday’s cup didn’t have much hibiscus as the liquor was barely tinted reddish tones.