Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Hibiscus, Butter, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Tangy, Tart, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Sour, Raisins, Pineapple, Spices, Popcorn, Nuts, Oats, Caramel, Salt, Coconut, Artificial, Earth, Vanilla, Cardamon, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Round , Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tart, light, and fruity hibiscus and apple are at the core of this tea. Cinnamon adds a warm heart, and the popcorn gives the tea body and a silky mouthfeel. This tea is warm, delicious, and full of holiday spirit.

To those who find it too tart I say- bah, humbug!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus

Time to play 24 days of tea logging catchup. I’ve been taking pics of each one and posting it to Instagram. I got a new phone about 3 weeks ago and I can manually adjust the camera settings so it’s really fun to photograph tea.

I have had this one before, I probably have a prior note somewhere but I didn’t think to check. But I do no I did not at all care for it before. This time around, it’s a bit more tolerable, but not something I would seek out.

It’s a bit like a fruit punch, but with a different flavor to it. I mean, it’s just a weird tea…fruity, then with nuts, but not nearly as good as Forever Nuts and then there’s the popped rice.

I think I will use the rest for iced tea just out of curiosity.

I really wanted to like this one! It was better on the second cup than the first… very tart though so I think I’d have to be in the mood to drink this tea. I will probably give it another chance and try it with a bit of sugar next time.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Tart

1/24 for my tea advent calendar. Unfortunately we started December off with this really awful tea. It had a deep purple colour and the odd tastes of cinnamon and pineapple. Nothing says christmas like beet root, am I right? Anyways did not like this tea.

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Pineapple, Spices

Day 1 of #24daysoftea did not have an auspicious start. I really didn’t like this tea, although a lot of people do. I think hibiscus is not for me.

This tea smells great both hot and cold. This is a very interesting tea as it starts off with a strong nutty flavor and ends on a semi-bitter citrusy note.

It’s advent calendar time again! I really wanted to like this tea and gave it two shots, adding extra sugar the second time, but it’s just too tart for me. A lot of things in here like the apple and popped rice are my favourite, but there’s a bitterness I just can’t handle once steeped.

Happy first day of twenty four days of tea, everyone!

I got a colour changing mug for our anniversary on Friday, and I had to hold off on using it until I could christen it with the joy that is the advent calendar. The best part of today is that it’s my obligatory day off due to training on Saturday. I spent the day cleaning, blogging, baking, drinking tea, and listening to acoustic versions of 80s and 90s songs on Spotify.

I was so excited about my mug that I had to take a video. Sadly, my preparation of the tea was less enthralling than the mug itself. The tea tasted weak and tart with no lingering sweetness. When I found a small amount of it on the mug’s coaster an hour or two later and took a sip, I was in heaven. It had the right balance of tartness, sweetness, and cinnamon.

I finished the last of the sample a few minutes ago, using the last two teaspoons for a cup. It was much more pleasant this way.

Would I buy it again? Possibly. The boyfriend seems to really like it. I want to see how it compares to mulled wine.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Popcorn, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea never really interested me when I saw it on the DAVIDsTEA website.. I just had a feeling I knew what this would taste like and unfortunately, I was right. This cup brewed up a dark pink, reminding me a lot of Forever Nuts. I couldn’t really taste anything that significant.. maybe a little bit of apple and hibiscus.. maybe a tiny bit of almond? For me, this was just a hot cup of fruitiness with nothing that makes it particularly special or wintery. Darn.

Day 1 of 2015 Advent Calendar

A bit of pleasant cranberry-tartness (likely from the hibiscus) with somewhat of a dull overall flavour. There’s a bit of a trailing hibicus aftertaste that is overpowering. I am detecting some nutty-savoury tones mixed with creamy apple and cinnamon that reminds me of Forever Nuts from DAVIDsTEA. This tisane is blended well but has too much hibiscus to it. I am also discouraged by how much “dry leaf” is required to achieve a decent flavour. I’m getting more of a cider flavour as it cools- the apple is coming more to the forefront and balancing out the tartness of the hibiscus.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Tart

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 6 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML
Kristal

Agreed- didn’t care for this tea and it bothered my acid reflux :(