Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus Blossoms, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Cardamon, Fruity, Popcorn, Honey, Cranberry, Kettle Corn, Nutty, Tart, Nuts, Round , Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 518 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1350 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2155 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sleigh Ride smells exactly like forever nuts, and the ingredients are mightily similar and they brew up the same pretty pink, so I expected something very close in taste – although what I got was not as close as I expected. There are a lot of commonalities with Forever nuts in the nuttiness and sweetened beetroot flavor, but where forever nuts has a deep nutty overtone, Sleigh ride has a much lighter, fruitier taste that spotlights the hibiscus and apple. Funny this comes out as part of the Winter collection, because I would almost consider this a more summery version of forever nuts (and probably would brew excellent cold as well), but needless to say I love the taste.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Nutty

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I had tried this tea once before and recall liking it but this time I was not a fan. I must have got more of the pineapple and hibiscus in the mix this time because it was very tart. Its like a sour apple. I previously detected more of the nut flavour along with the apple and found this to taste like a slightly more sour forever nuts. I almost tossed this cup because the sourness was really bothering me. With all the apple/nut combinations available I wouldn’t bother with this again.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Welp, this is the last of my David’s winter & holiday samples (thanks again Roswell Strange). This one is a food tea, like I commonly see at Teavana and David’s. It looks and smells quite similar to the Forever Nuts type of tea that has so many versions. There are big chunks of fruit and stuff, and I can see hibiscus as well. Smells fruity, cinnamon-y, nutty.

Meh, this is similar to the other teas I mentioned, except that it has a lot of hibiscus tartness involved. The beginning of the sip is pure tart, and then near the end I can taste the nuts, cinnamon, apples, etc. It’s not horrible, surprisingly, but it’s not something I would drink given other choices.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Nuts, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

soooo i had my sample of this today. First off..it’s a weird looking blend. secondly – it smells gross. BUT once brewed and cooled, i actually like it lol it’s like a weird fruity drink that’s quite tasty EXCEPT that the smell makes me want to..well yeah. soooo i like drinking this…but maybe when i can’t smell…. lol

Another that I’ve run out of and forgot to log… I really ought to pay more attention to what’s in my Steepster cupboard. >.>

I liked this one, but found it a bit biting. It’s a good apple tea with a hint of cinnamon. Enjoyable and very appropriate for the winter holiday season.

Boiling 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I had saved the rest of this for my kids to drink during the summer iced. Although they enjoyed it I don’t plan on getting it again because there are plenty of other teas they like more.

Samples Only TTB

Wow… this smells awesome and tastes even awesomer.
I opened the bag and it smelled like Christmas. I caught a hint of something odd and smokey and I peered at the contents until I noticed little bits of white which I identified as popcorn. I thought “Well this is going to be interesting.” And I was right.

It’s delicious. A slightly sweet, slightly spiced, slightly buttery… I don’t even know how to describe this. It tastes like a mothaeffin SLEIGH RIDE.

There is a sweet fruit flavor in here somewhere but it hides behind the spice and popcorn. The popcorn is a note I never expected to love in tea but now I wonder what other teas need a freaking piece of popcorn added.

So I recommend this. I will keep this sample… and I may have to buy more of it. Because it’s bloody good.

Flavors: Fruity, Popcorn, Round , Spices, Sweet

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

TTB-C R2
I’ll start with something positive – it’s a pretty red color! Beyond that there is not much I can say that’s positive. Too tart, no definable flavors. They list a ton of fruits but I can’t taste anything specifically.

Uh, hm. I think I should have had this before the almond amazingness from yesterday, because this is comparable, yet, nowhere near as good. I can see where it’s going, there’s just too much hibiscus or whatever it is in there making this tart and bitter.

Thank you khamilton611 for sharing this with me in the Tea and Yarn swap!

TTBC2 #15

I needed some little break between the caffeinated teas, so I don’t walk the walls and ceilings at midnight, and so I went with this.

Dry, it smells delicious. When brewed into a crazy neon orange liquor, it still smells delicious. Like plums and cinnamon and Christmas punchiness. The taste is mostly a tart kind of bland. Yes, there’s hibiscus in it. So that’s where the tart comes from. I could taste cinnamony unidentified fruit. Apples? Something like apples.

It was pretty tasty, but fruit teas are not really my thing. And there’s artificial flavoring in this one shrugs.

Now I gotta go deal with my room which has tea packages everywhere, as well as clothes and books in piles of no particular sense or logic. When I think of that, it fills me with dread. I’d rather step into Bird of Prey’s room full of drunk Klingons.

I mean it. sighs

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

I completely can relate about unorganized piles everywhere. And it’s so disappointing when something looks and smells delicious and just turns out bland.