Sleigh Ride

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconut, Hibiscus Blossoms, Popped Rice, Raisins, Roasted Almonds
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Tuscanteal
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 oz / 356 ml

2 Images

• “I couldn't stand the thought of having to drink another cup of this cinnamon hibiscus symphony to chaoskampf again. I guess I disliked it a lot more than previously thought. I only had a mug's...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 450 tasting notes
  • “Another sip down from the advent calendar! By aroma, this one smells exactly like Forever Nuts. I'm not actually certain if I'd be able to tell them apart. It's a warm, cinnamonny, nutty aroma....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Ah, newbies at DavidsTea, you're so cute. Yes, I am aware of the tea of the month, and I am aware of some old classics like Buttered Rum and Cream of Earl Grey. And yes, I've tried all of the...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1196 tasting notes
  • “Well I decided to make a cup of this tonight as I am trying to work through some teas to get sipdowns and reign in my cupboard. I read my last review and I really liked this. However, I also really...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1371 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Falling snow, popping chestnuts, cold hands and noses…yep, winter has arrived. But don’t worry, we have the perfect tea to warm you up all December long. Cinnamon, apples, raisins, almonds, and hibiscus combine for a tea that is sweet, tart, and earthy. And beet pieces make it as nice and rosy as a caroler’s cheeks. So hop in your sleigh, snuggle up, and pass a thermos around. It’s lovely weather for a Sleigh Ride together.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus blossoms, candied pineapple, candied papaya, beetroot, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds, popped rice, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

We got a sample of this (always love samples, although I wish they’d give me something oolong or something different to try.) It was heavenly upon first smell. It also tasted good, but not amazing for me. My hubsy really liked it – an 80 he says. Its a one steeper though.

5g of tea, 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon sugar, milk. I’m not sure I would buy it again, as it was very drinkable but not special for me. I may need to buy it for husby though, he seemed very impressed.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Why oh why did I buy this before reading about it? I just brewed a cup and I feel sooooo gross. The tartness is overwhelming.

I received a sample of this tea from my DavidsTEA order. I found Forever Nuts to be slightly too tart for my tastes, already. This was like drinking liquid Sour Skittle powder. I think I may have to try a shorter steep time if I ever try this again.

Got this as a sample with my Perfect Mugs order – yay for samples!

I have to admit, the description had me hooked! It just sounded too adorable. I opened up the packet and OMG IT SMELLS LIKE CHRISTMAS!!! A very fruity Christmas.

Unfortunately, this tea just did not live up to its beautiful scent. I steeped it for a full 6 minutes but it tasted weak and one dimensional. It probably doesn’t help that I have a general meh attitude toward hibiscus teas…

This tea made me realize I hate hibiscus. All my tea reviews are negative lately. Sigh, the DavidsTea winter and holiday collections just didn’t do it for me this year.

Well, I don’t hate it but I don’t love it. It’s just okay. It smells sweet, noticeable almonds, but I taste tart apples, cinnamon, and, unfortunately, an artificial sweetness. I like the tartness, it’s the underlying sweetness that I don’t like. I didn’t drink this right away, as a result, I discovered that I prefer this cool. I will drink what I have, only 25 g, but I won’t buy it again.

I may despise winter, but I love the re-appearance of this tea! This tastes similar to Forever Nuts, which I also love, but is different enough to warrant a full tin purchase on the second day it is released, haha. Unless I am wowed by one of the new blends, this one remains my favourite winter tea.

For a winter tea, I was expecting it to have a nice cinnamon flavor that is warm and comforting, but this is really not the case, and I was a little disappointed. This tea has a lot of fruit in it, and popped rice (I didn’t even know this is possible)!

This tea is really unique and I’ll tell you why. It is sweet, spicy and tangy! How is this even possible? How can all this be tasted at the same time? Honestly I have no idea, but this is what I’m tasting right now.

My best guess is that the candied fruits add the sweetness, cinnamon add the spice, and the apples and beetroot make it tangy!

Blecch, sour and hibiscus-y.

Smells delicious, fruity and tangy, but not overly so. Beautiful fuscia colour. Yumm.