Banana Oolong (organic)

Fruit Oolong Blend
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I reached the end of my first 50g packet of this today... and unfortunately I think the bottom was laced with extra stevia. Consequently, it was disturbingly and sickeningly sweet :( Still the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “I finally made it to the new David's tea in San Francisco! I picked this tea to try in the store. I don't know what water temperature this was at. To me it seemed really hot since it took me a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (204/206)! Cold brewed overnight and half drank in the morning and half at work in a timolino. Total cold brew time was 12 hours. I'm pretty excited to see this gone because it was an...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1169 tasting notes
  • “I got a big box of teas in from *greatlin* yesterday! Thanks so much! After my successful go with the mandarin silk oolong the day before, I was craving even more oolong. I knew that this was one...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 225 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Strange but true

We’ve all heard stories about magic and romance happening under a banana tree. But did you know bananas don’t even grow on trees? They are actually the world’s largest herb. And we’ve got plenty more banana trivia where that came from. For example, we bet you didn’t know that banana and oolong tea are best friends. It’s true. The combination of green Oolong and ripe banana is the perfect balance of fresh and sweet. It’ll make you look at bananas in a totally new way. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Oolong, banana, stevia leaf. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Holy yum.

This is creamy banana amazing goodness. mmm just sweet enough. I ate one of the dehydrated bananas and it tasted like one of those banana marshmallows, but the tea itself was very real. Like a banana-bread flavour… no. More like a vanilla smoothie with a fresh banana blended in!

srsly.

So the leaf grade is not as high quality as David’s Milk Oolong, it comes out a tiny bit more chopped up, but I still got a quality 3 steeps out of 1 1/4 teaspoons in a 12 ounce cup. The third steep lost most banana flavour, but was still creamy oolong goodness and no bitterness.

Winning!

Kittenna

I am so stoked to try this tea! I loved the banana in Snow Bunny and was looking for another tea with banana, and all I initially ran across was one that also had chamomile (blech). So glad to hear this one’s delicious! It’s on my shopping list now :D

DaisyChubb

You won’t be disappointed! It’s delish :D

This is interesting. The banana flavor is oddly subtle at first, and just when I’m like, I could use more banana….bam, sweet banana. It’s a good flavor with the green oolong. It seems creamier, sweeter, and I like the fruitiness it adds.

Oddly I don’t like actual bananas as much as I like banana flavored things, so I like this a lot.

Definitely going to give this at least another steep tonight. Thanks for sending me some of this, Krystaleyn.

Kittenna

Oh my goodness. Definitely steep it again! If not tonight then tomorrow. I swear it’s better if left to sit for a while :D I give it ~3 min infusions at 94C.

momo

It had no taste :(((( I’m gonna try the rest with a shorter time at first and maybe even not use an infuser on it.

Kittenna

Weird! Although your first infusion was longer than I usually go. Usually for me, at 3 minutes I get a fair bit of banana and some oolong, and the next two are much heavier on the oolong. But if I leave it overnight, I get almost a caramelly banana flavour in the next couple cups. I admit I probably use excess leaf for myself sometimes, but not always. I stick it in a teaball, as well.

ummm
i don’t like banana flavored things. but i do like oolongs lots. so i really wanted to try this.
and i don’t hate it!
but i kinda wanted to love it and don’t so much.
but that is also fine because now i know i should not buy a whole pouch, so that’s nice.
thank you again and again whatshesaid!

I was a little nervous before taking a sip because the scent is a little strange. I’ve had weird experiences with banana teas — usually they end up tasting like banana runts, completely artificial and overwhelming. It doesn’t have the best smell, but the taste is another story! This tea is creamy and sweet. I love that the banana doesn’t overwhelm the cup, but that you can actually taste the oolong in the background. The first thing I taste is the banana (not terribly heavy, but still present) followed closely by the oolong. The finish reminds me of big banana leaves with little flowers — smooth, bright and creamy. This is a very yummy and refreshing cup of tea!

tigress_al

I completely agree, bananas in tea for me as well always tastes artificial and overwhelming (so far). But in this tea, the banana actually works.

QueenOfTarts

Yeah! I was very surprised! :)

The smell of the dry tea threw me for a little bit because it actually reminded me of pineapple. A quick check of the package revealed that no I had not grabbed the wrong oolong, nor was there any pineapple in this blend. Huh. Whether pineapple or banana (and the brewed tea definitely leans more toward the side of banana) I have to say that I LOVE this tea. It’s delicately sweet and fruity it pairs perfectly with the green oolong base. It’s all very exotic and tropical-tasting. A+

tigress_al

Too bad they discontinued this one :(

Jillian

I know – but at least I stocked up when they were clearing it out.

I’m really surprised by this tea, the balance is perfect. Most flavoured teas tend to have the flavouring mask the actual taste of the tea, but this one does a beautiful job showcasing the awesome taste of oolong. When drinking, I first get the banana taste, something similar to banana daiquiri which was part of the summer collection, but the taste isn’t too strong nor sweet. I do not really like bananas, but for some mysterious reason, I seem to enjoy most banana teas…! Then, after 4-5 seconds, the banana taste seems to vanish completely, and I fully taste the oolong, almost as strongly as if I was drinking a straight Tie Kwan Yin. The aftertaste is a great, light mix of these two flavours, which screams for one more sip… one more, and one more!

Isabella Luna Gadbois

I bought it this morning! Can’t wait to try it !

Amariel

I definitely noticed the banana taste fade..it was strongest when I first got the tea, and then dissipated as it cooled. It could be from leaving the bag in the whole time, but the oolong in it alone was pretty awesome.

This is another tea I bought in Janelle’s tea sale and once again the dry leaf smelled like white cheddar powder you put on popcorn. Perhaps there was some of that powder stored near the teas because they all seem to be off. Granted I have never had the teas before so maybe that is what they actually smell like but it seems like time and time again the teas I thought I would love have fallen short of my expectations (and by “fallen short” I mean the cups went down the drain and the teas went into the swap box).

This tea, unfortunately, is no exception to that trend. When I woke up and saw so many people had gone for fruity oolongs this morning I felt compelled to finally test out the Banana Oolong I have had for a little bit. This tea really just tastes off. It is almost as if something in it has gone bad. No numbers because I am not sure if this tea is actually as bad as this cup or if I just happen to have a bad batch. Well, it was worth a try. Thank you Janelle for sending some of this my way.

I got this in a swap from nwolf
I’ve kinda newly ventured into oolongs, after a recommendation from my local tea house.
This is good, creamy, slightly banana tasting & green tasting. (Although not earthy like the last oolong I had), It’s very green tasting, like a not quite ripe banana.
This is super nice, but not quite enough banana taste, but still a really great delicious tea. Probably one I will order!

I love bananas and I love oolong so when I saw this I had to try it. It smells really sweet, but I think that is from the stevia more than from the dried banana.

Banana is a weird thing. I think it’s kind of difficult to get that real authentic banana flavour in a tea, but either way, this is still delicious! It’s very light, slightly sweet (not overly sweet or sour like some fruity teas can be) and refreshing.
It has the same ‘banana’ aftertaste as another tea I had from DavidsTea that had bananas in it, but that was a black tea (organic snowbunny), and I think this banana-y taste works much better with the lighter, floral flavours of oolong, and without the nuts.

We’ll have to see how this one lives up to my other favourite teas at home, but this just might be one I’ll have to get a good stock of when my sample runs out. Plus, this being all organic is an added bonus. Nom!

Slightly creamy. Butter. High quality oolong taste. Seaweed complementary flavour in the background. Banana closer to the end of the taste. The banana taste goes really well with the oolong flavour. The stevia is well blended, I am usually sensitive to the taste/aftertaste.