Amaretto

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Another one done! This tisane has a strong over the top almond taste and smell. It has a good variety of ingredients but it still seems like it needs more depth and dimension for my liking. This...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Amaretto indeed! This tastes like almond extract! I should use the liquid to make pancakes or something. I feel it would be better in baked goods than on its own. It's a bit thin, yet intense...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 484 tasting notes
  • “Finally moved into my new place! But I'm coming down with a cold. It's in the very early stage so my senses are still sharp enough to review this. Ever since I was a young child, almond has...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Went for my 20-week ultrasound on the 1st, everything looks good and... it's a BOY! We're refraining from telling anyone but a few select individuals (who can keep a secret) and, well, my fellow...” Read full tasting note
    Fae 252 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Love at first sip

If you’re looking to set a romantic mood, look no further than this delicate almond-laced blend. It’s a sweet marzipan dream, made of almond slices, apricots, orange blossoms and rose petals, all in a base of lapacho bark. Never heard of lapacho? Sometimes called “the tea of the Inkas,” people of South American have been using it for ages to cure just about everything, including a lacklustre love life. Get ready: your next grand romance is just a cup away.

Ingredients: Lapacho, almond, apricot kernels, orange blossoms, rose blossoms and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Right of the bat, you get a deep smell of Amaretto, complimented by the nutty smell of almonds.

I steeped for 5 minutes, let it sit for 30 minutes, and than began to drink.
It was spicy sweet, and incredibly delicious.

I saw this when it was first being introduced in stores (I checked online and saw no description of it) and bought it without even thinking because 1. I LOVE amaretto and 2. it smelled absolutely captivating.

I tried it as soon as I got home, following all the steeping instructions. The tea came out very weak and barely tasted like it smelled (you know what I mean?)
Anyway, because it smells so delicious in the bag, I’ve been steeping it every now and then when I feel like giving it another try.
I’ve tried steeping it with just hot milk. I’ve tried hot water, a bit of milk, and condensed milk. I’ve tried Just water. Tonight I tried hot water and a teaspoon of condensed milk.

Conclusion: 1.5 spoonfuls might not be enough OR I’m just not familiar with how lapacho bark should taste OR this tea just isn’t actually all that great.

Looking for something sweet after dinner and this tea has been calling to me over the last few days, I love the smell of amaretto and almond. I’m watching Man Of Steel for the first time, my husband is a huge Superman fan whereas I am predominantly a Batman fan. I love original comic references but most modern film adaptations forget the comics, so far this film has yet to impress me.

This tea has a strong scent, very much amaretto and almond, it’s heavenly. The blend itself may not look too tempting but it’s scent makes up for that, it looks dry and desert like. I just gave it to my husband to sniff and he said it’s like sherbet. It’s perhaps a little on the sour side and not as sweet as amaretto but sherbet…I wouldn’t go that far. Still it’s nice to have another’s perspective.

Once steeped the scent is still very amaretto but definitely more dry too and heavily nutty. The nutty part I don’t mind as I love nuts…..and I just realised that can sound a little rude.

Flavour wise again it’s heavily nutty, the almond being more dry than sweet and rather savoury at that. In fact the sweetness has been lost in preparation it would seem, raw it was sweet and sticky almost but now it tastes like I’ve eaten a handful of whole almonds. It’s nice but not amaretto so slightly disappointing there. Kind of toasty taste too it as well.

I wouldn’t trade for more of this, just not what I was expecting despite it’s wonderful raw scent. Oh well, still made a nice tea post dinner.

mj1851

If you were stateside, I could send you an excellent almond black tea- very amaretto! But I’m guessing it would be very expensive to ship to the UK :-(

Well. Color me surprised. I got this in a plastic baggie from ashleyelizabeth (thank you!), and before I really looked at it closely, I would have told anyone who asked me that there was rooibos in that bag. That’ll teach me. XD

Anyway, this tea smells VERY much of almond extract—pungent and sweet, almost cloyingly so. It actually reminds me of the wedding cake cupcake that a shop near my house makes. Their icing is VERY sweet, and this smells exactly like biting into one of those.

The brew smells of almonds (though not as strongly) and wet wood, kind of reminiscent of the flavor of a toothpick. Weird, but not altogether unappealing. There’s also quite a bit of “dust” floating around in my cup after steeping, which is not great, but if I like this enough I’ll just steep it in a paper bag from now on.

Unsweetened, this tastes pretty much exactly like a toothpick—woody, and kind of chemical-y, and bitter. Hmm. Perhaps, like its baked counterpart, it needs some sweetness.

Hmm, there might be something there… I added two tsps of sugar, and the toothpick flavor is ALMOST gone, and the almond might be surfacing… I have one more remedy to try.

A splash of milk later, and this tea is the oddest color, like fog, if fog were slightly brown. The milk has taken away the bitter flavor, but it left the toothpick flavor. Blech. I will try it one more time, just to make sure this is not because I scalded the lapacho (I admittedly did not check the recommended temp before pouring boiling water over it), but so far, not a good first impression. I can’t finish this. :(

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Wow this over the top, artificial, sweet, in your face amaretto. I LOVE IT
It’s a bit like HI Cacao that has a ton of amaretto added (hmmmmm remind to do that add amaretto to Cacoa)
I don’t have much more to say. Sometimes you just need something really indulgent and this would be it for me.

I adore this tea. When my best friend got tired of me stealing hers, I finally bought a bag myself. This is a tea I offer to tea virgins, who’ve yet to experience the majesty of tea, and every one so far has loved it. The smell is intoxicating, warm and sweet, and the taste is very gentle. A go-to tea for me, undoubtedly, and one I fear running out of.

In general, the almond is not very strong, perfect for relaxing after a looooong day :) It tastes a bit like marzipan! Apparently there is orange in it hmmmmm I don’t taste it at all! This tea is delicate and smooth. I would say it is almost romantic? Haha yea, and the flowers, I love finding flowers in my tea!

This tea smells amazing….unfortunately the flavour just isn’t there. I found it to be very bland. Might makea better potpourri

I had a cup of this tea while walking home on a cold day.. so delicious!! I really enjoyed it!! I would add a little sweetener next time though.. Maybe some real Amaretto

I love this tea. Perhaps it’s my Italian-Canadian heritage, and my fond memories of almond flavoured goodies from childhood, but this tea is just delicious. It’s like drinking Armaretto, sans alcohol. It also reminds me quite a bit of Dr. Pepper, but in a good way.

If you like almond flavouring, this tea is definitely for you! As soon as you open the package, you’re blasted with a strong mix of almonds and cherries, with an amazing tang. You can taste it, too ;)