Orange Blossom

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cream, Floral, Fruity, Herbs, Orange, Sour, Tart, Vanilla, Black Currant, Wood, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “sipdown! which leaves me still at 224 because i snuck a tea to keep out of the travelling tea box A. ;) I figured that while i’m doing a good job of not increasing my cupboard tonight with...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6818 tasting notes
  • “My hubby loves the smell of this tea; he says it reminds him of orange flavored Campino candies. I’m not a huge fan of orange flavored anything and I’m even less of a fan of orange peel, so I’m not...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! 799. Again because the rest goes to Sil. Muahahahahahahaha. Two can play this game! I think I’m a bigger fan of the Joy’s Teaspoon version of this (Creamsicle), as it’s...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “This tea is amazing. Sweet and creamy…orangey without setting off my acid reflux, vanilla-y without being fake or cloyingly sweet. This is perfection in a mug. I think we may end up with a...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

Blended by angels, this is one enchanting tea. It’s a subtly sweet rooibos blend of orange peel, orange blossoms and currants, all kissed with vanilla bean creaminess. Grown among the clouds in heaven and harvested by cherubs, it tastes like a golden ray of sunshine. One sip and you’ll find yourself running along a beach at sunset, surrounded by turtle doves. Don’t believe us? Steep a cup for yourself and see where your imagination takes you.

Ingredients: Rooibos, currants, orange peel, orange blossoms, vanilla pieces, marigold blossoms, safflower petals, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tried this in the store yesterday, and wasn’t crazy over it even though I like my orange blossom. The base was quite loud and covered up the delicate floral notes. They served it iced, which I imagine is the better way to go with this one, but it still gets a “no thanks” from me.

Man, I don’t know what it is with some of David’s fruity teas and their artificial flavours but they remind me of bubblegum somehow. I just can’t get over it – I expected a deeper orange flavour. This one was great until the underlying artificial taste hit and then I disliked it. Which is a bummer, because I really wanted to like it.

A sample from Memily! I’ve been drinking this one on an evening over the past few nights, and it makes for a delicious pre-bedtime treat. I’ve been using 1.5 tsp of leaf, and giving it 4-5 minutes in boiling water before adding a splash of milk. The flavour is a rather nice candy orange — a little like an orange flavoured lolly, or orange boiled sweets. There’s a light hint of floral in the background, and a whiff of perfume. It sums up orange blossom pretty perfectly to me!

I’ll have no trouble finishing off my sample of this one. It’s a pleasant orange rooibos, easy to drink, and caffeine free to boot! A win with me.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I have come to love red rooibos for the all the caffeine free blends it enables. This is a rooibos blend with orange blossoms and currants. There is a tour of sour currant and medicine-like rooibos, but mainly the natural orange flavor comes through the most. It is a little too tart to be an orange creamsicle flavor, but there is definitely a vanilla presence in among the orange. Sweet without sugar, this would be extra special with some milk or as a dessert late. Simple, comforting, caffeine free.

Flavors: Cream, Floral, Fruity, Herbs, Orange, Sour, Tart, Vanilla

Sipdown (145/151)!

So to finish this off I cold brewed it because my tea twin VariaTEA said she liked it iced/cold and since I’d already experienced a hot cup and still had enough left for a cold brew I figured “why not”.

I must say, this was just as good cold as it was hot and, in fact, may have been even more creamy/Creamsicle like. I’m wondering if that’s because the rooibos base was less present this way, so the other notes got to shine more. Regardless it was delicious, but I’m still not totally sold on stocking this one. Certainly not in any sort of quantity; but maybe in 10g or 20g sample pouches for spontaneous cups? I don’t have any other sort of orange rooibos/honeybush blend stocked. In fact, I have a very small selection of fruity rooibos to begin with. So maybe this could have a place.

Probably not, though.

I keep a small amount of this on hand at all times. I do like it but don’t drink it all the time. It just borders on too rooibos-y for me. What were your cold steeping parameters? How much tea to water and time brewed?

Roswell Strange

About a tbsp. of leaf, 25 oz. of water and I wanna say 10 hours?

Don’t worry. I am not sold on stocking it either but it opened to my eyes so now I am open to trying orange creamsicle type drinks. I have a version from Lupicia now which I think I will send some to you to try.

I drank this iced. It has a nice real orange flavor, little floral honey cream flavor there. It’s naturally sweet.

Sipdown!! (167)

This is less creamsicle today than it was yesterday which is making me feel more okay with saying goodbye. However, it is more like see you later as I will probably pick this up now and then to satisfy a craving for the creamsicle flavor.

Have you tried Della Terra’s Orange & Cream?

I haven’t but I have heard good things. This is just so much more accessible though. However, if I do end up placing a Della Terra order, I might toss it in to try it out.

Aimee Popovacki

i have teavana’s wild orange blossom, and i mix it with the pure vanilla rooibos from davids sometimes, or the vanilla orchid oolong from davids.. and its unreal…

First cup of the day! I had to try this tea, I bought some of it and Creme Brulee earlier this week to stock up on some new rooibos. Also I have this one in mind as a latte tea haha.

Anyways, the dry aroma is mostly oranges and cream. I steeped for around 4 or 5 minutes and put it in my travel mug. Weirdly, the steeped aroma does have a bubble gum note to it, as well as a creamsicle smell lol. First time I’ve gotten heavy bubblegum from a tea, Honeydew Mate has a little bit, must be some type of flavoring mixing with the rooibos.

As for the flavor, this is pretty mellow, orange and cream but again bubblegum..a weird little tea in my opinion. I need to try a few more cups, this has great potential. I also want to try orange & cream by Della Terra now lol.

Overall, not a bad rooibos but I need to have a few more cups before making up my mind about it. First impression = not the best.

Flavors: Cream

I got this to-go at the David’s near Union Station on the path.

This tea, both dry and brewed, smells heavenly – like orange with a hint of cream. However, even with a bit of sweetener, the taste of the orange is very muted, and it’s even a bit medicinal. Perhaps it’s best to describe it as ‘subtle’, but what I was hoping for instead was something a bit…bolder perhaps? Even a bit more like an orange popsicle?

Yeah, this tea was a huge let-down for me as well. That, and uggh rooibos.

I find thst I’m slowly changing my opinion of rooibos. I don’t know if I would like it straight, but I think it does make a good carrier for fruit teas.

First infusion: very sweet topnotes, even bubblegum! Creamy, too… how does it do that?
Second infusion: still bubblegummy. How strange. And a lot of colour still coming through in the infusion!

Flavors: Cream