Splash!

Green Tea
Grass, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This one will also be a sipdown..haha man this tea is old! It was part of my first online DT order back in September 2012. Longgg time ago! I made this in my iced tea jug, the rest of the bag...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 823 tasting notes
  • “It's so hard to search for this tea. ANYWAYS I miss you guys. I'm sick. We moved out of our old apartment and into my boyfriend's parents basement (classy I know) right when they were bedridden...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “First of all, I'm not going to rate this one because I bought it expecting not to like it, and that's just not fair. But I put my faith in DavidsTea, they have yet to make a blend I *hate*. It may...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1196 tasting notes
  • “Dry leaf nose: Lemony green tea, with an oceanic note. Liquor: Green with a golden tint. Flavour: Citrusy and minty with a green tea base. Ocean and pine forest notes are present in the cup.” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 149 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Take the plunge
Let us guess – this year, your New Year’s resolution was to get healthy. Well, this cleansing green tea blend is a great first step: with sea lettuce, ginger, peppermint and burdock root, it’ll wash all those toxins away, along with any lingering regrets. Found in the frigid waters off Canada’s coasts, sea lettuce is a popular ingredient in all sorts of cleanses and diets. Plus it gives this lightly minty tea the smell and taste of a fresh ocean breeze. Set sail for a new you!

Ingredients: Organic: green tea, ginger, sea lettuce, cardamom, burdock root, peppermint, red clover. With natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bah! Cardamom you strike again! I dislike you. It’s not my fav and i like the detox tea more than this one but it’s not terrible. When you are drinking a tea for health purposes like detox and cleansing, it’s not going to be a chocolate tea :P I do really think this would have been better with out the middle eastern spice. But what do I know.

Bonnie

Most of these are only good with milk and sweetened like chai. If you have coconut milk add that.

I think the person who created this tea is a sushi addict. It is pretty much the perfect tea to sip while munching on rolls and sushi.

Dry, I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I want to love it, and definitely love notes of it, but every time I sniff the leaves I keep changing my mind about how much. I think I’d prefer it as a deodorant scent than a tea (as unappetizing as that is!) It’s fresh and clean smelling, but there’s just something about it that keeps me from falling in love.

Brewed, it lost some of that weird something and mellowed out scentwise. I definitely can see myself boiling a pot of this to scent my house. Tastewise I find it weaker than I expected, but not in a bad way. I find the mildness actually helped me enjoy the flavour a bit more, keeping the notes from being overpowering.

Splash! isn’t one I think I’ll be reaching for to sip, or that I will ever crave, but if I have fish meals I think this is going to be the one I serve with it. Am a wee bit afraid to try it iced though!

This tea taught me something: Don’t judge a tea based on the first cup if you are unsure about it. Originally, I rated this tea a 65, but since finishing up 25 grams of it, I became accustomed to the seaweed taste and find that it works well with the green tea. Better yet, it’s healthy! I would actually buy this tea again, and will try and avoid rating teas after only 1 cup.

Flavors: Grass, Seaweed

The aroma of this tea is beautiful! Sweet, savory, fruity, smooth. Delicious!

I don’t really understand how it gets this name, it’s kind of funny! But don’t worry, this is going to be a good review :D

This tea is nothing like I have ever tasted in a tea before. At first, (without reading the ingredients) I tasted a minty fennel blend, but now I realize that it was actually the ginger I was tasting!

So yes, a minty ginger! With a hint of cardamom. It’s almost like the Super Ginger tea, with more mint! Delish! The ginger helps settle your stomach, so that’s a plus!

Drank this in the store today. I had no idea what was in it but it tasted like a mint girl guide cookie! Im surprised, I thought it might of had chocolate in it but I guess not. I was drinking it at the same time as cookie dough so maybe they were meshing in my mouth. I liked this, probably wont buy it anytime soon though.

Really refreshing and pleasant taste. It’s more minty than green… not so bitter, but more light and breezy. As per the description, it aims to be a cleansing, oceanic tea, and I find it quite pleasant :) Steep longer for that stronger green tea flavor (that I, for one, enjoy immensely)

tastes MUCH better than it smells when dry.
really minty with a touch of light seaweed behind it.
i prefer Seamist from Silk Road as far as a mint/seaweed tea goes though, so i wont be getting any more of this unfortunately!

Rating based on the healthy feeling when I drink this more than taste

This tastes the way you think a health tea should taste : very earthy, hint of ginger, and a salty edge. I feel so self-righteous when I drink this, like I’m doing something good for myself, but it’s not exactly the best tasting tea in the world and it certainly isn’t my go-to.