Amaretto + Green mate

Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by aisling of tea

• “EDIT: after having butiki teas' lychee oolong this highly placed tea has to drop a few notches.... i find it comforting, but it is nowhere near as pristine as butiki's lychee oolong. sorry david.....” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “I am so glad we finally got a tin of mate. It saves my life on workdays! Amaretto is my new love, which is surprising since I don't usually like amaretto liquor or almond-flavored things. But...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1236 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Amaretto:
If you’re looking to set a romantic mood, look no further than this delicate almond-laced blend. It’s a sweet marzipan dream, made of almond slices, apricots, orange blossoms and rose petals, all in a base of lapacho bark. Never heard of lapacho? Sometimes called “the tea of the Inkas,” people in South American have been using it for ages to cure just about everything, including a lacklustre love life. Get ready: your next grand romance is just a cup away.

Green Mate:
Discover South America
A legend says that the Goddesses of the Moon and the Cloud came to the Earth one day to visit but they instead found a Yaguareté (a kind of jaguar) that was going to attack them. An old man saved them, and, in compensation, the Goddesses gave the old man a new kind of plant, from which he could prepare a ‘drink of friendship’.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

EDIT: after having butiki teas’ lychee oolong this highly placed tea has to drop a few notches…. i find it comforting, but it is nowhere near as pristine as butiki’s lychee oolong. sorry david…..

Cavocorax

I’ve fallen out of love with David a bit since I met Harney&Sons and Butiki. And Verdant. m not as amazed as I was.

scribbles

Is funny how tastes change….I used to love David’s, but I have found that I love roasted oolong’s and pu’erh (pu’erh addiction due to you, JustJames :D!!) Won’t give up on David’s dessert teas… but I think have found my tasting preference. Although, still looking into black tea nuances.

I am so glad we finally got a tin of mate. It saves my life on workdays! Amaretto is my new love, which is surprising since I don’t usually like amaretto liquor or almond-flavored things. But something about this blend is just enchanting. And if you find Amaretto by itself to be too sweet, the earthiness of the mate brings it down a bit. But this was just absolutely lovely and was a great moment of peace within a hectic workday. This is definitely one I will reach for again and again.

TheTeaFairy

When chaos is all around, tea does make time stop for a short while, doesn’t it… DT green maté is such a delight on its own that I never thought of mixing it with anything. Using it to tone down some other bold flavors is a great idea!