Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Butter, Coconut, Cream, Custard, Sweet, Thick, Caramel, Alcohol, Berries, Burnt Sugar
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 917 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2066 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2262 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I told the girl working that it was a birthday present for myself. I am not sure if she was just in a good mood or it was because I had spent so much already, but she gave me a free tea for my birthday tomorrow! What a great day! And the parking meter still had an hour on it so I didn’t have to pay for parking either.

So I decided to go with this as my free tea. I probably steeped it about 10 or 15 minutes, I wasn’t really watching. Sweet, coconutty, and caramel. Too bad this tea is so expensive. I have to increase the rating because it is sooo good!

EDIT: I also cold brewed some for today. It is awesome! Just as good cold as hot!

Azzrian

Yay happy birthday and congrats on the purchases!

Fjellrev

Happy birthday! And excellent choice. I looooove this one.

Alphakitty

Happy birthday! ^^

ashmanra

Wow, sounds like your birthday started today! Happy birthday! :)

Bonnie

Happy Birthday Early!!!

gmathis

Free tea…there’s a celebration waiting to happen! Happy birthday.

tigress_al

Thanks everyone, my day in lieu of my birthday was spectacular!

Angrboda

Happy birthday

TassieTeaGirl

Happy birthday! I got a free TOTM for my birthday last year too. Either it’s a policy, or we just found some nice people!

TheTeaFairy

Happy birthday late! Also love this one iced!

tigress_al

Ya, I was suprised when she said I could have a free tea!
Thanks everyone!

An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It’s a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I’d buy more but it’s quite expensive so maybe I’ll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or something.

I’m also trying to shrink my stash a bit here. I have a DT bag filled with pouches that I told myself to finish before I make an order, most likely to Butiki teas (yay!). I started at a dozen and now I’m at half a dozen.

We shall meet again, Gold Rush.

2066 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (197)

I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up the cup of Brioche (which I did not love last time I had it), I decided to make this as well so if all else failed, I would know I had a tasty cup waiting.

Luckily Brioche was a success but that isn’t stopping me from enjoying this awesome creamy, caramel candy tea. Mmmmmm… You will be missed Gold Rush, but I am sure we will be together again.

In other news, I went upstairs to make dinner and ended up brewing two cups of tea and making a side of kale. Somehow I forgot to make the actual meal. Oops…

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut, Cream

Suziqzer

So you forgot part of dinner..? At least you satisfied your tea cravings :)

VariaTEA

Haha. Yeah. I made what was important though – tea and veggies :P

Loads of antioxidants :)

Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven’t had it in a while, so I thought “why not?”. This is a more expensive one to refill so I don’t have it on a regular basis – but it’s so good that I totally could.

It’s basically a super yummy cuppa of hot, liquid caramel and coconut. Mmm! So sweet and indulgent and rich! Plus you can still slightly taste the silverneedle which is awesome because I really enjoy silverneedles…

Watching the BBCan2 live feeds now, and someone just made a cup of green tea. It had me thinking that, should I ever make it into the house (which I hope to, someday) then I’d have to go without all my tea. It’d be one of the hardest things to do, but for Big Brother I think I could do it…

I’d try to smuggle in a few tins, though ;)

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

Cavocorax

Ooooh, Gold Rush!
And you wouldn’t be able to bring your own tea in? Is it because the sponsors choose it all?

Roswell Strange

They only get certain foods in the house because of the branding; the brands have to give their consent to be included (because you can see everything the house guests eat), and then also get Big Brother approval. I highly doubt all my tea companies would give consent ;) Though perhaps if I brought them in unmarked tins and just never talked about what I was drinking? That’d be hard though…

Roswell Strange

As it is, they have bagged Green tea (ick), possibly a bagged black, I think a peppermint, and then iced tea? Like Brisk or something like that…

Suziqzer

I imagine you could get them to let a brand of loose leaf in if the brand paid for sponsorship of the show. Just a thought… Might not have to be totally without.

Mmm… Extremely sugary mulberry tea with a bit of coconut and a hint of white tea. :) This is more like it.

I think the sugaryness is one of the reasons I like this tea so much. I even bought plain dried mulberries, and yes they are indeed as sweet as they make this tea. They’re incredible, but most of the flavour is sweetness. Sadly the coconut does leave a bit of oil on the top of the cup. And it’s extremely expensive for what it is, since it contains so many heavy berries and so little light white tea.

Oh well. I’ll still get some every once in a while.

(I didn’t pay any attention to steeping. I dumped some tea into the strainer, added boiled water, let it sit while I made a mango smoothie… this tea is a good one for less than ideal brewing situations, although it’s not exactly high in caffeine, which makes it less ideal for work.)

205 °F / 96 °C
Cavocorax

As soon as my frequent steeping rewards are redeemable, I’m getting some of this!

Bear With Me

the low content of actual tea makes it super forgiving. I think Gold Rush and Earl of Lemon are the only really forgiving whites that DAVIDs has released. I can steep ‘em both all day long in my timolino and add water as needed (sooooo glad I got a 250g bag of EoL before it got taken away. It’s soooo lemony!. I need me a plain lemon white, it’s such a good combo)

OMGsrsly

I was actually thinking of Earl of Lemon, but then realized I didn’t have any left. :) So then I had this one. And it was good. I’ll have to look around for a lemony white tea, that’s just lemon-citrusy. Sounds so refreshing. :)

Yeah, that’s why I’m collecting points Cavo. Free Gold Rush. :)

Roswell Strange

I’ve got enough point for two free 50g bags so far… Meep.

Bear With Me

I can spare some Earl of Lemon if you’d like some. To hold you over til we find that perfect lemony/citrusy white :) I need to get creative while I’m locked up and come up with unique stuff I can send to the FB tea frens who already have everything. Might need to sneak up to Janet’s before I check in and get a list of all her stuff. There’s bound to be something I can send out!

VariaTEA

I am so close to two free bags – 178 points. My sister didn’t use the card when she bought the 250g of Caramel Corn so I am hoping there might be a way to email them to get the points.

I’m sitting at 234 points atm… :/

OMGsrsly

Mmm, Janet’s Special Orange. :) I’m OK, Bear With Me (hee!), I really do have loads of tea!

Bear With Me

you’re off the hook for now then. But Sil and Dexter are at the top of the list! I feel like I’m forgetting a third person who sent me something recently (besides you OMGsrsly) and it’s really bugging me.

also, for some reason, I’m finding it REALLY important to figure out if i’m a heffalump or a woozle and what colour I am O.o

Roswell Strange

I recently sent you some stuff (pretty much I pawned off my Buddha’s Blend on you) but really; don’t feel like you’ve gotta send stuff my way! My cupboard is finally at a size I’m happy with!

Bear With Me

Yay! I knew I wasn’t going crazy (this time)! I didn’t check the identities list before I ran away from facebook. woops!
you’ll get something eventually, along with the others. Gotta figure out what, and then get together the money. Then I can send ALL the teas to ALL the tea frens! :D (okay seriously, waaaayyyyyy loopy over here. I think you guys would get a kick out of me right about now :P )

OMGsrsly

I think you might be at least partially green. :)

Bear With Me

but what KIND of green?! forest? emerald? lime? grass? apple? hunter? kelly? these are the important questions in life!!!

OMGsrsly

Umm. Green green? Haha. (Yeah idk. I’m falling asleep over here.)

Roswell Strange

Imma say that I’m either orange/teal or Kelly green ;)

Bear With Me

I see what you did there :P

and OMGsrsly – share your sleepiness with me? I haven’t slept a wink since….(counting back) the stupid dog woke me up at 3am on Monday?

OMGsrsly

Roswell, I am so glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read that. Also, YAY ORANGE WOO!

OMGsrsly

My sleepiness is related to tummy troubles and being too warm/stressed to eat. Pretty sure you don’t want all that either. :/

Oh man, this was good and I was so pissed that it was so good XD. It’s another heavy, expensive white blend, but it…guh. It’s amazing. It’s creamy and sweet and almost caramel-like, from what I can remember (I drank it at work while being BORED OUT OF MY SKULL). But I remember loving it. Definitely need to buy more tomorrow.

teaNsympathy

ugh this post is really killing me! I regret not living in Canada, as it takes so long for David’s teas of the month to make it to the New York store (usually not until after the month they’re featured in!) I was placing an order today and didn’t see this until after! I’ve been bummed about missing out all day, and this just added to my regret!!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so though :) And this will DEFINITELY be included in my next order!!

aisling of tea

It is beautiful. So much love! Definitely worth a try nods. Restored my faith in DT!

Tina S.

@teaNsympathy If you call customer service tomorrow they may be able to add it to the order if it hasn’t been packed yet!

Amariel

I definitely want to try this one.

This is actually pretty good, brewed and sweetened at home. I know some of you are like, “sweetened? really?” and yes, really. It is sweet on it’s own, but not sweet enough for me. I added sugar, but not as much as usual. I also added a smattering of white tea leaves from Teavivre since I only get a small amount of this tea, and there’s not much in the bag due to the mulberries being weighty, and because there’s not a very high ratio of tea leaves to mulberries and coconut shavings.

I think this merits a larger bag for more experimentation. Anyone eat the mulberries after?

Indigobloom

I did!! mine was really bitter for some reason. I’d expect that of the leaves, not the berries!

TheTeaFairy

Me too, I had to eat them! but strange, mine were actually VERY sweet! But from experience, blends can be different from one another, that wood explain why Indigobloom’s batch was bitter…

Indigobloom

huh, that is odd! but you’re right, even in fruit from the supermarket, one batch to another can be very different. shrugs

I’m still working on the remaining subjects of our potential home purchase, and I figured I should start drinking down some of the tea samples that I have with the hope that our purchase of the home goes through. That way I will have less little bits and pieces to move once we get in there….hopefully.

I steeped this tea for longer than David’s suggested 4-7 minutes and it is much better this time around. (I experienced no sourness this time – thank you tigress_al for that 10 minute and beyond steeping suggestion).

It has that subtle taste that is typical of many white teas, which is almost overwhelmed by the taste of creamy coconut and honey-like sweetness of the mulberries. It’s lovely as a hot tea, but as it cools it doesn’t taste quite right to me – almost waxy. I’m finishing this sample off today, and although it’s enjoyable, I’m not sure if I would jump to restock it because it’s a little pricey, and there are other white teas out there that I prefer over this one.

Fjellrev

I love but one but wish it weren’t so pricey, especially considering the fact that you don’t get that much actual white tea leaves in it.

canadianadia

I agree, I find I really have to hunt to find the tea leaves in this one

Decided to throw some of this in a travel mug today, and it was kind of a nice change to drink as the mulberries made it quite sweet, whereas most teas I bring along are not overtly sweet. Tasty. Gave the second infusion a very long infusion and it’s pretty good as well. I don’t think I’ll restock this tea though. Too expensive for what it is.

Boiling 8 min or more

So yummy. I made a big pot of this to accompany my essay writing (my standard method for gold rush.. I find it tastes the best when brewed in a big pot for some reason..)
Caramelly coconut with sweet mulberry accents atop a lovely white tea. This tea was what originally made me place my first online order with DT and I have not regretted it since. It is really a decadent tea.
Scrumptious. Enough said.