Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Jam, Vanilla, Alcohol, Cream, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Honey, Smooth, Sweet, Berries, Maple, Berry, Custard, Maple Syrup, Burnt Sugar, Candy, Rum, Butter, Thick
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great tea if you add more silver needles to it.

Steeped for around 8 minutes and from the other reviews I am seeing that I should have let it go for longer. It’s a nice light flavor but not a lot there- and when I dumped the bag out into a bowl there hardly seems to be any actual tea in there, mainly just mulberries and coconut. Have to hold off on a rating for now.

So today was just awful. I really felt like I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown this morning. Thankfully I was able to take the afternoon off work. And tea is an excellent respite from the world.

I had a coupon for a free cup from Davids. This seemed like a good opportunity to use it.

The salesperson was super nice. I told her that I wanted something vanilla and she pulled down at least 6 cans. I smelled the Vanilla Orchid first and was sure it was the one. None of the subsequent teas smelled nearly as fabulous. And then she brought down this one. Oh. my. goodness. It smells amazing. I just wanted to climb right into the can. Or maybe eat it. It smells creamy and vanilla and… warm, if that makes sense. The salesperson brewed this up in my travel mug and I was on my way. She suggested just leaving the bag in, so I did. This brewed for at least 15 minutes before I actually tried it. Nom nom nom! There was no bitterness or other unpleasant indication of oversteeping. Only wonderful, creamy vanilla and caramel. I’m not really tasting the coconut except in the creaminess. I’ve never had a mulberry, so I can’t speak to how true-to-nature this blend is. I rather don’t care. Whatever it is, it’s fabulous. Highly recommend.

keychange

Sorry you had so much anxiety today—looks like a lot of us struggled on that front today, if that makes you feel any better. I’m glad you got a chance to rest this afternoon, and that you could enjoy this wonderful tea.

Kaylee

Thanks for the kind words, keychange!

First tea I’ve tried from the “sweet indulgence” sampler set. OMG. This one is going on the wish list for sure. It smells amazing! Creamy coconut with the fruity sweetness, I’m in heaven. The taste is smooth and not too sweet. I just can’t get enough of the scent though! Someone make this into a perfume asap please! If anyone is into perfume and can recommend something to remind me of this, I would love you forever

Flavors: Coconut

OK, today’s cold brew isn’t as sour. I suppose it’s how you feel about that mulberry flavour at any given time, but in the cold brew it’s less sour and more sweet berry (maybe overripe berry is a better way to describe it).

I’m happy to keep my rating at 60 for Gold Rush, and I’ll drink my final leaves hot this afternoon.

I’m starting to run out of easy sipdowns. With 70 teas in my house, I’m starting to run out of easy sipdowns. How is this even a thing. And I have 15 Butiki teas winging their way to me as I type. Sorry, 15 Butiki teas plus free samples, AND a swap.

Help. Send help.

Courtney

Haha! Tea overload!

whatshesaid

Exciting!!

Stopped at David’s at a friend’s urging…what? she urged me! and I smelled a bunch of tea and settled on this one (omg omg omg omg they are getting a lime green timolino!! omg omg omg!).

This tea tastes like the creamiest of creamed milk, with some more cream on top, all garnished with the slightest sprinkling of the finest white chocolate. That’s all I have to say. Delicious delicious. I had it as a soy latte (I’m lactose intolerant, and although I “tolerate” lactose of my own choosing, my stomach becomes apoplectic when it sees like 16+ oz of actual milk).
David, you done good, you really done.

pyarkaaloo

this is why i’m jealous of Canada.

aisling of tea

Lime green timolino? AWESOME! Did they tell you about any other colors? PINK, maybe hopes

keychange

Isling, I didn’t hear pink specifically. They said “royal blue”, and said they didn’t know of the rest.
Pyarkaaloo, want me to send you some?

pyarkaaloo

i’m so sorry, i didn’t see this note til just now…
this sounds so yummy! that is so kind of u to offer :D
i’m located in the US tho….is that okay?

Yup, I’ll message you.

Is there anything better than this tea?! I’m in love, I have been drinking this one since it first came out. First you taste the mulberry and the white tea and your left with a decadent creamy coconut taste in your mouth. Not only is this tea just amazing plain, but its literally good anyway! Iced, Iced Latte, Latte, anything! If you haven’t tried it as a latte, I seriously recommend it, it is absolutely to die for especially when you mix it with Movie Night ! (From Davids as well)

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut, Cream

Iced

Sipdown!

This came as part of a set with other teas from David’s, and while I’ve had it to-go before, I appreciated the chance to try it again.

Since the tea was so big and chunky, I steeped the entire sample twice. First time sweetened with cinnamon honey, second time with lemon honey. I think the lemon-honey was a better fit for this tea, but it was otherwise not that remarkable. Sweet, a bit cocnutty, a bit caramelly, you know?

However, I added SO MANY teas to my cupboard today that I’m not sad to see this one leave.

Sipdown. I think this one really isn’t for me. It has an odd plastic note that ruins the blend for me, and considering I’ve been making it in a metal filter I think it’s the tea and not anything else. I’m glad I got to try it but I doubt I’ll get this one again.

Awesome but needs a lot of tea and some agave!