Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Caramel, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 791 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1687 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I cheated on this one this morning. Made a cup for my wife and didn’t use enough, and when I made it for myself I just added more leaves to the already-used infuser. Anyway.

This tea is such a sweet, mellow, smooth mouthful. I don’t want to gulp and yet I find that I can’t help it. There is a delicateness about the flavour that I usually wouldn’t ascribe to creamy blends – that I wouldn’t ascribe to blends at all, in fact. It’s a very naturally teased out taste.

y u no cheaper, Gold Rush?

Dry Leaf Nose: Smells sweet, almost of fine bourbon and chocolate.

Liquor: Light, golden-clear colour, with a sweet and enticing aroma.

Flavour: The liquor is sweet and fragrant, with an intoxicating, full bodied bourbon note. The body of the liquor is full and satisfying.

Thank you Roswell Strange. Thank you.

I forget how much I love this tea because I drink it so rarely but it’s… amazing. It’s just what I needed after a stressful day at work. I’m on my second steep and I’m getting ready to pick the mulberries out so I can eat them.

And I take it back – Rivertea’s Mulberry White is good, but it’s not creamy coconutty like this. It’s good but it’s a different animal. I probably want both around.

VariaTEA

After getting 10 grams multiple times when I went into DAVIDs, I finally caved and just bought 50 g

Cavocorax

Makes sense! I’m hoping to get enough points with their loyalty program that I can redeem it on this one.

Amariel

It is soo good, and I just know I’m gonna need to get more soon.

Roswell Strange

I’m almost out too :P Of this and Mulberrry White – and I need both around! Saw this on your shopping list though, and I didn’t mind sharing what I do have :)

Sip down!
Not bad of a last cup and pretty caramelly tasting. I only had 4 mulberries left and promptly burnt my fingers fishing them out of my steeper to snack on.

Geeze, with all these teas I’m polishing off, my cupboard count is going down – I’m used to the count going up! I really need to order more teas, heheheheheheheeeeeeeee!

Kittenna

What a terrible problem to have! :P Needing more teas… ahahahaha.

On the (belated) Fifth Day of Christmas, momo gave to me…

Looking at the dry leaf is like looking at a lot of Davids blends — if I didn’t know better I’d say it was herbal. I don’t really see anything in the way of tea, but there are big shreds of coconut and berries. It’s quite pretty.

Very much toasted coconut and burnt sugar (almost caramelly). This is a creamy, decadent cup. There’s a sweetness present that at times crosses into cloying; almost as if I hit a pocket of sweetener or something despite not adding any. This seems to get worse as it cools. Of course, there’s nothing in here that tastes like white tea, either.

Thanks momo!

I brought this to work today in my tea traveller. I was a little bit leery about this plan, because it is a white tea at the end of the day, but I really wanted a hit of sweet and this has such a nice natural sweetness to it. Fortunately, it actually held up really well to a longer steep time and it was deliciously sweet both hot and as it cooled!

This is definitely one of my favorites from David’s Tea, and today I decided to try it as a latte. And I am so glad I did. Basically it tasted like heaven in a cup. No joke. If you haven’t tried this as a latte yet then you are seriously missing out. (At least in my opinion)

VariaTEA

I love this blend. So good. Although I have not tried it as a latte. Alas, I am all out of it :(

Kamyria

hmmm… this sounds really interesting…

what a decadent WHITE !

I am falling head over heels for David’s Teas
I have had so many fine teas shared with me…
all the new friends…
I love mulberries…a childhood dream…we picked and ate them quickly strolling down my grandfathers 120 yard driveway to his farm…
they “littered” the fenceline, and sweet mulberries are divine…
fast forward to 40 plus years in a white tea…mmm… coconut is a fave of mine as well and “Gold Rush” is a perfect name as you know you have come into some unexpected wealth…
I have been lucky to have had this “shared” with me for the
12 Days of Christmas, but I would not hesitate to purchase it…
Purchasing this would be my down payment on Heaven and memories sublime.

Roswell Strange

I’ve never had a fresh mulberry – but I love them in tea! I have a whole tin of this one :)

Oooh I am not with everyone on my opinion of this “tea”.
I sipped at 5 minutes, it tasted like I had poured hot water on a bag of sweetened coconut. I let it steep for a full 10 minutes and it tasted the exact same.
I ate a mulberry after, ugh, just not good. Not for me. Do not want.

So next time I go to swap, someone gets a very expensive bag of mulberries haha.

Tina S.

Normally I don’t agree with returning teas, but with the cost of this one I’d totally support taking it back and getting something you like instead.

Mélsss

Seriously ? This is so disappointing ! I’ve been waiting to try it since he came and I planned to but a BIG pot just because I was sure it was a dream tea..Maybe If I like coconut very much it won’t be that bad ?
I think I’ll need to taste it before buying it..thanks for the warning :)

DaisyChubb

You never know Melsss, eveyone else seems to love it so you might too!

@Tina – it’s okay, I was smart(ish?) and only got a 20g bag so I only have enough for one or two cups at the moment. If I had paid more than 10bucks even I think I would have taken it back for sure!

This was just as good as I was expecting! Liquid caramel goodness! I think my entire teaspoon only has about two actual tea leaves, but it was delicious all the same. Definitely a re-buy!

Kittenna

Definitely craving it now… Mmmmmmmm!