Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Butter, Coconut, Cream, Custard, Sweet, Thick, Caramel, Alcohol, Berries, Burnt Sugar
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 835 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1978 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2068 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is AMAZING!!

My dad got a free sample of it one time when he went to DavidsTea, but I’m just now getting to try. I’ve been scared to have it ‘cause I didn’t want to try it and fall in deep love with it ‘cause of the price. I’m scared to love white teas ’cause of the price.

Anyway, so I finally decided to try this one as a coworker of mine just bought it and told me how awesome it really is. So, it’s been in my head for a while now and I thought I’d better give it a shot.

This tea is so good! It’s so smooth and creamy from the coconut, which I can’t get enough of right now, and the mulberries are adding a nice almost caramel taste to it. I just can’t get over how great this tea is. I’m going to do a second steeping shortly. I have enough after that to make one small cup of tea. I’m hoping that I can finish this tea and not be super sad to see it go… :(

Bought this at the Moncton store while the gf and I were heading back from our trp to Halifax earlier this week. I told the SA that I was looking to try more of DT’s white teas and this was one of the three she pulled down from the shelf.

I wasn’t sure how much I would like this since it smelled so sweet and I’ve been looking for more vegetal teas lately. This turned it to be a delight. It has a delicious caramel flavour to it and I really wish it wasn’t so expensive or I’d add it to my permanent collection.

Fjellrev

I agree, it’s ridiculously expensive. This is a tea to snag whenever they have promotions where you get free tea when you spend an x amount of money.

Cavocorax

Yeah I totally abuse the system just to get this one free because it’s so expensive otherwise!

This is the first Davids Tea of the Month of 2012 that I really like! The dry leaves smell sweet and cake-y and it kind of makes me think of a cross between Mulberry Magic and Checkmate. Most of the bulk of the tea is taken up by the giant mulberries and I had to reach way to the bottom of the bag to get a decent amount of white tea in there. But it tastes creamy and bourbon-y and it’s nice and full-bodied. I’ll probably be buying some more before it disappears.

Bonnie

I was wondeering if they remixed those other tea’s…a tease of sorts…pun…and I’m glad you gave a review. I was toying with getting this or not. Like the thought of a bourbon-y tea. Imagine a dessert of baked apples or apple pie (I make a french apple pie and a pie with chedder cheese melted under the top crust..won a prize with both) and then sipping a boubon tea…nice mental picture. Ok want this tea too. Thanks for the good review!

DaisyChubb

Aw man, that mental picture is such a tease Bonnie!

But yes, every time someone drinks this tea I get more and more jealous :D Must. Try!

Day 92 of my 101 days of tea.

Cuppa bought in-store.

I have to say, this is one of my favourite teas of the month in a while. It reminds me of Secret Weapon, which is one of my favourite teas ever, except less chocolatey. It’s the coconut and white tea combination. Currently enjoying a second steep, and it’s certainly just as good as the first was — the flavour is coming out a bit stronger, probably because I’ve left the bag in this time.

This is the kind of tea that benifits from the bag staying in, I think. It hasn’t produced any bad notes yet, and the flavour only seems to be improving as the bag sits in and the temperature decreases.

I might have to get more of this before the month is out……

Ive been wanting this tea for the longest time, I knew that I would love it! This came in the Sweet Indulgence Box and I’m sooooooo happy that it was! This tea has this everything I wanted in a tea! Its creamy, sweet, and almost a caramel, almond flavor. My brother pointed out that it almost tasted like an amaretto. I steeped it for about 10 minutes and literally drank a 16 oz mug in 5 seconds because it was so delicious! I cold brewed the rest and cant wait to try it in the morning! This tea is so expensive though, yet it is definitely worth it.
i only have one more serving left so I am definitely cherishing it. I also ate one mulberry after my steep, yumm!

PS if anyone knows a tea that tastes like this and is a cheaper version , please let me know!

This was the tea for the 5th day of Christmas. Thank you Momo! What a perfect tea for the 5th day!

This is another tea that I tried without having the description in front of me. I had a bit of a cold when trying this, so it could have thrown off my taste buds a bit. When I took a sip I got a bit of a almond cookie taste and now reading the descriptions this sounds odd. This was a very enjoyable cup.

Backlogged.

Day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas exchange, from momo!

DAVIDsTEA’s fruity teas are pretty tasty. And this is another white tea, so that’s a plus (though mulberries seem to compose most of the blend). Definitely no lack of flavor here, and once again reminds me of a pastry or something I’d buy at a bakery to eat. I’m able to notice the coconut a bit, but mulberry is definitely the prominent taste.

This smells so sweet (and slightly like an Kahlua) dry and brewed. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but something drew me to this one.

Mmm I’m enjoying this one. Kind of butterscotch-y and comforting (maybe the butterscotch taste is the mulberries?). I don’t know if I could drink this all the time but I may keep it on hand for when I do feel like a cup.

I bought this tea from the 2 for $5 deal… And it is good. Maybe not top 10, but it’s good. I can taste the coconut and almost a pineapple taste. I don’t even know if it has pineapple but I am getting a hint of it. It is subtle but well worth the $2.50!

Connor Rosine

Protip: The 2 for $5 thing means that if you buy 2 of the Gold Rush packets, you get 50g for $5, rather than the usual price of $11.50.

It’s lovely and golden outside with the sun slivering down into the sharp chilliness of the morning and I want something sweet and sexy.

This seemed the fine choice with golden mulberries and coconut…less a tea and more a decadent dessert.It smells almost buttery.

Once brewed it smells more like tea.It smells sweetly with the edge of coconut and the slight earthy tone of the white silver needles.

As for taste it is smooth and velvety with a sweet creaminess.The aftertaste brings out the coconut and it melts like butter on my tongue.

It’s nice and light.it doesn’t wow me which surprises me with it’s sexy texture but it does leave a sourness that seems out of place .It’s nice and all but I’m not sure I’m going to finish this 50grams the idea just tires me out.Makes me sad!