Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Butter, Coconut, Cream, Custard, Sweet, Thick, Caramel, Alcohol, Berries, Burnt Sugar
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 935 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW! This tea is sweet…I got this one to go and asked for agave. I dont know how much they put in it but next time I may just have it unsweetened (thats right…I would have it again!). I dont know if I would buy a tin but I could definetly see a 50g bag of it in my future.

This is such a lovely tea – the mulberries almost taste like caramel

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s very mild with a nice hint of creamy sweetness. I could definitely taste hints of coconut and the delicate flavour of the white tea complimented the mulberries perfectly. I bought 100g and I think it’ll be depleted very soon!

On a side note, a few people (including the girl helping me at DAVIDs TEA) mentioned eating the mulberries after steeping the tea. I tried this and found the mulberries to be extremely sweet and not all that enjoyable.

My taste buds are singing but my wallet is crying. I bought 50g of this and I already want a tin. Brewed it this morning for 6 minutes and the smell alone made me drool. I drank it unsweet and it was so naturally sweet and caramelly… such a happy start to the morning! I picked the mulberries out of the strainer afterwards and they were equally as sweet and delicious. This is right up there with Milk Oolong, and I think it might even take the cake as my new favorite tea.

Excited to try it iced (although I have a feeling this is going to be a strictly hot tea) and as a latte.

I can see why this is the tea of the month it has so much subtle earthy grass fruit nut taste a very pleasant blend.its creamy and smooth loved it so much that I got 100g of it this is my main tea for morning and night

200 °F / 93 °C

I am conflicted with this tea.

Is it delicious? Yes! It is such a lovely creamy caramel flavour that stands very well all on its own. The tea is composed almost entirely of berries with hardly any white tea leaves in it, and definitely no delicate white tea flavour (the coconut and mulberries make sure to obliterate any chance the few white tea leaves had.) 25g netted me just enough tea to make two pots. TWO POTS, for $6! It is such a spendy tea, I feel like a sweet dessert tea fix would be better served with a caramel flavoured rooibos at a fraction of the price.

I bought myself an ounce of this to try the last time I was in NYC, thinking I would redeem my rewards on it. It’s only ok. Did I do something wrong?

It’s nice, slightly creamy, and coco-nutty. A mild hint of caramel, but even after steeping for the recommended 7 minutes, I still needed to add sweetener to it. It was fine without, but it was missing the oomph. I can see people who generally don’t sweeten their teas to really like this, but I dunno, even sweetened, there’s something missing. I just can’t put my finger on it.

If anyone has any recommendations let me know (if I did something wrong, etc.). Good, just not great given the hype or price!

I went to DavidsTea last week to pick up some teas for my mom and of course, couldn’t resist picking up a little something for myself! I’ve been wondering about this tea, so I picked up a small amount to give it a go. Tonight is my second cup. The first time, it was very sweet, but I could also taste the silver needle in the background. Tonight I decided it tastes like rum. Not bad, but almost too much flavoring for me. I think I’m really starting to move away from heavily flavored teas. There’s just so much to love about great quality unflavored teas.

Taking a break from Lupicia teas, and saving the other 4 or 5 I have left to try tomorrow! This tea is yet another sample from Dexter’s big box of tea love. This blend is very…chunky. There are whole mulberries and big chunks of coconut and other “food” things. I do see a few scant silver needles mixed in with all of the additions. Dry, it smells very sweet and almost vanilla-y with some tart fruitiness.

The steeped tea smells quite mild, but I can definitely identify coconut in there, along with something that reminds me of vanilla. Hmm, this one is a bit too much for me I think. It’s very strong on the coconut, which is fine, but the flavor combined with the mouthfeel gives me the impression of drinking straight coconut milk mixed with butter. There’s definitely too much richness here for me! It’s like eating a coconut candle… :P

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream, Custard, Sweet, Thick

I think I read another reviewer call this tea scrumptious and I think that is the perfect word for it! It is creamy and coconutty and sweet from the mulberries… Very yummy! The only negative thing I could say about it, is that since I literally had Chocolate Macaroon just yesterday, which is also coconutty and which I am IN LOVE WITH… then this one doesn’t quite measure up for me. But that is only because I love Chocolate Macaroon SO MUCH and if I hadn’t just had it, I wouldn’t be comparing it so directly!

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut