Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Coconut, Burnt Sugar, Candy, Creamy, Rum, Sweet, Butter, Cream, Custard, Thick, Caramel, Alcohol, Berries
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW! This tea is sweet…I got this one to go and asked for agave. I dont know how much they put in it but next time I may just have it unsweetened (thats right…I would have it again!). I dont know if I would buy a tin but I could definetly see a 50g bag of it in my future.

This is such a lovely tea – the mulberries almost taste like caramel

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s very mild with a nice hint of creamy sweetness. I could definitely taste hints of coconut and the delicate flavour of the white tea complimented the mulberries perfectly. I bought 100g and I think it’ll be depleted very soon!

On a side note, a few people (including the girl helping me at DAVIDs TEA) mentioned eating the mulberries after steeping the tea. I tried this and found the mulberries to be extremely sweet and not all that enjoyable.

My taste buds are singing but my wallet is crying. I bought 50g of this and I already want a tin. Brewed it this morning for 6 minutes and the smell alone made me drool. I drank it unsweet and it was so naturally sweet and caramelly… such a happy start to the morning! I picked the mulberries out of the strainer afterwards and they were equally as sweet and delicious. This is right up there with Milk Oolong, and I think it might even take the cake as my new favorite tea.

Excited to try it iced (although I have a feeling this is going to be a strictly hot tea) and as a latte.

I can see why this is the tea of the month it has so much subtle earthy grass fruit nut taste a very pleasant blend.its creamy and smooth loved it so much that I got 100g of it this is my main tea for morning and night

200 °F / 93 °C

I am conflicted with this tea.

Is it delicious? Yes! It is such a lovely creamy caramel flavour that stands very well all on its own. The tea is composed almost entirely of berries with hardly any white tea leaves in it, and definitely no delicate white tea flavour (the coconut and mulberries make sure to obliterate any chance the few white tea leaves had.) 25g netted me just enough tea to make two pots. TWO POTS, for $6! It is such a spendy tea, I feel like a sweet dessert tea fix would be better served with a caramel flavoured rooibos at a fraction of the price.

I only bought 12g of this tea just to try it. My sample was pretty much all mulberries and coconut flakes and very little white tea, so when I brewed it up I grabbed some white tea and mixed it up so that it would be actual tea. The main flavour of the tea is coconut, and I believe the mulberries add a bit of sweetness as well. It’s a nice taste, but I dunno if I like it with the white tea because it completely masks the taste of it. I would like this better as a herbal tea, especially because adding the white tea into the mix jacks up the price to nearly $12/50grams. To me, this tea isn’t worth the cost and I prefer just a plain white tea instead. However, if you like light tasting coconut tea, this tea is indeed for you.

Flavors: Coconut

I am currently drinking Gold Rush while writing this, and let me say, it is deeeeelish!

I had 100g free to use up, so today I went into David’s Tea and picked out some teas. I ended up using 50g free towards Bubbie’s Baklava, and another free 50g towards this tea. Honestly, one of the main reasons why I wanted to try this one was because of its price. This is a fairly expensive tea compared to some of the others at DT. I thought that it might be more expensive for a good reason, maybe the ingredients were just THAT much better, you know?

Anyways, I smelled it in the store and it reminded me of butter rum lifesaver candies. The fellow helping me said right away that he gets a very strong rum scent from it, which definitely went along with the candies that I thought of. I don’t get coconut by itself in this tea, if that makes sense. Lots of people have said that the coconut is very noticeable, but I see this more as a cohesive flavor, not so much coconut + mulberries + white tea = caramely goodness. I just get the butter rum flavor right away.

Now that I have actually tasted it, I will say that it is very sweet. I wouldn’t put any sweetener in it. With that being said, it is very, very tasty. It definitely isn’t too sweet. I left the teabag in like I normally do and it wasn;t too strong either. Just right!

I am really glad that I used this as one of my free teas. It was a great tea to try out, especially because it is more expensive than some others. I look forward to drinking this again and might have to splurge once this is done!

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Candy, Creamy, Rum, Sweet

Ooooh yay!
This was the Tea of the Day at DT today and so I bought a full sized cup. The small sample was pretty weak but a nice hot cup with the smidgiest of smidges of honey brought out the really nice coconut flavour of this tea and – what I’m assuming is mullberries (I’ve never had them ) but if that’s what I’m tasting then they’re very nice! I also bought some of their milk oolong so once I taste that one I’ll decide on which I want to use my free 50g on!

Flavors: Coconut, Sweet

Again, another tea that’s a bit to expensive for my tastes. The coconut and caramel taste is a bit of a weird one to me, so I don’t like this as much as most other people appear to. I think I like my coconut flavours blended with fruit above all else. The cup of this I had a while back was good, but I don’t think I’ll go for it again on my own.