Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Caramel, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1182 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW! This tea is sweet…I got this one to go and asked for agave. I dont know how much they put in it but next time I may just have it unsweetened (thats right…I would have it again!). I dont know if I would buy a tin but I could definetly see a 50g bag of it in my future.

This is such a lovely tea – the mulberries almost taste like caramel

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s very mild with a nice hint of creamy sweetness. I could definitely taste hints of coconut and the delicate flavour of the white tea complimented the mulberries perfectly. I bought 100g and I think it’ll be depleted very soon!

On a side note, a few people (including the girl helping me at DAVIDs TEA) mentioned eating the mulberries after steeping the tea. I tried this and found the mulberries to be extremely sweet and not all that enjoyable.

My taste buds are singing but my wallet is crying. I bought 50g of this and I already want a tin. Brewed it this morning for 6 minutes and the smell alone made me drool. I drank it unsweet and it was so naturally sweet and caramelly… such a happy start to the morning! I picked the mulberries out of the strainer afterwards and they were equally as sweet and delicious. This is right up there with Milk Oolong, and I think it might even take the cake as my new favorite tea.

Excited to try it iced (although I have a feeling this is going to be a strictly hot tea) and as a latte.

I can see why this is the tea of the month it has so much subtle earthy grass fruit nut taste a very pleasant blend.its creamy and smooth loved it so much that I got 100g of it this is my main tea for morning and night

200 °F / 93 °C

I am conflicted with this tea.

Is it delicious? Yes! It is such a lovely creamy caramel flavour that stands very well all on its own. The tea is composed almost entirely of berries with hardly any white tea leaves in it, and definitely no delicate white tea flavour (the coconut and mulberries make sure to obliterate any chance the few white tea leaves had.) 25g netted me just enough tea to make two pots. TWO POTS, for $6! It is such a spendy tea, I feel like a sweet dessert tea fix would be better served with a caramel flavoured rooibos at a fraction of the price.

This is a great tea if you add more silver needles to it.

Steeped for around 8 minutes and from the other reviews I am seeing that I should have let it go for longer. It’s a nice light flavor but not a lot there- and when I dumped the bag out into a bowl there hardly seems to be any actual tea in there, mainly just mulberries and coconut. Have to hold off on a rating for now.

So today was just awful. I really felt like I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown this morning. Thankfully I was able to take the afternoon off work. And tea is an excellent respite from the world.

I had a coupon for a free cup from Davids. This seemed like a good opportunity to use it.

The salesperson was super nice. I told her that I wanted something vanilla and she pulled down at least 6 cans. I smelled the Vanilla Orchid first and was sure it was the one. None of the subsequent teas smelled nearly as fabulous. And then she brought down this one. Oh. my. goodness. It smells amazing. I just wanted to climb right into the can. Or maybe eat it. It smells creamy and vanilla and… warm, if that makes sense. The salesperson brewed this up in my travel mug and I was on my way. She suggested just leaving the bag in, so I did. This brewed for at least 15 minutes before I actually tried it. Nom nom nom! There was no bitterness or other unpleasant indication of oversteeping. Only wonderful, creamy vanilla and caramel. I’m not really tasting the coconut except in the creaminess. I’ve never had a mulberry, so I can’t speak to how true-to-nature this blend is. I rather don’t care. Whatever it is, it’s fabulous. Highly recommend.

keychange

Sorry you had so much anxiety today—looks like a lot of us struggled on that front today, if that makes you feel any better. I’m glad you got a chance to rest this afternoon, and that you could enjoy this wonderful tea.

Kaylee

Thanks for the kind words, keychange!

First tea I’ve tried from the “sweet indulgence” sampler set. OMG. This one is going on the wish list for sure. It smells amazing! Creamy coconut with the fruity sweetness, I’m in heaven. The taste is smooth and not too sweet. I just can’t get enough of the scent though! Someone make this into a perfume asap please! If anyone is into perfume and can recommend something to remind me of this, I would love you forever <3

Flavors: Coconut