Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Jam, Vanilla, Alcohol, Cream, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Honey, Smooth, Sweet, Berries, Maple, Berry, Custard, Maple Syrup, Burnt Sugar, Candy, Rum, Butter, Thick
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW! This tea is sweet…I got this one to go and asked for agave. I dont know how much they put in it but next time I may just have it unsweetened (thats right…I would have it again!). I dont know if I would buy a tin but I could definetly see a 50g bag of it in my future.

This is such a lovely tea – the mulberries almost taste like caramel

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s very mild with a nice hint of creamy sweetness. I could definitely taste hints of coconut and the delicate flavour of the white tea complimented the mulberries perfectly. I bought 100g and I think it’ll be depleted very soon!

On a side note, a few people (including the girl helping me at DAVIDs TEA) mentioned eating the mulberries after steeping the tea. I tried this and found the mulberries to be extremely sweet and not all that enjoyable.

My taste buds are singing but my wallet is crying. I bought 50g of this and I already want a tin. Brewed it this morning for 6 minutes and the smell alone made me drool. I drank it unsweet and it was so naturally sweet and caramelly… such a happy start to the morning! I picked the mulberries out of the strainer afterwards and they were equally as sweet and delicious. This is right up there with Milk Oolong, and I think it might even take the cake as my new favorite tea.

Excited to try it iced (although I have a feeling this is going to be a strictly hot tea) and as a latte.

I can see why this is the tea of the month it has so much subtle earthy grass fruit nut taste a very pleasant blend.its creamy and smooth loved it so much that I got 100g of it this is my main tea for morning and night

200 °F / 93 °C

I am conflicted with this tea.

Is it delicious? Yes! It is such a lovely creamy caramel flavour that stands very well all on its own. The tea is composed almost entirely of berries with hardly any white tea leaves in it, and definitely no delicate white tea flavour (the coconut and mulberries make sure to obliterate any chance the few white tea leaves had.) 25g netted me just enough tea to make two pots. TWO POTS, for $6! It is such a spendy tea, I feel like a sweet dessert tea fix would be better served with a caramel flavoured rooibos at a fraction of the price.

I’m on a roll with teas today, logging more than I have in quite some time!
I was a little nervous about this one, as David’s can sometimes have weird things going on in the flavourings to me that can come off as artificial on my tongue…but this isn’t like that. It’s sweet, and coconuty, and the mulberries are super yummy.
This is one I’d never buy on my own, being that it’s more pricey and I’d be afraid I didn’t like it, so I feel super lucky that Plunkybug sent some my way to try! :)
yummy.

Plunkybug

It’s one of the older blends, so I feel it has been spared the newer flavourings. It is pricy, which is why I use it as a frequent steeper redemption when I can. Also, try this as a latte. I don’t think you will be disappointed. :P

This wasn’t something I was all that interested in due to the coconut, but I got a whiff of it and decided to give it a try.

Well I’m glad I did! It’s a pretty sweet blend, with heavy creamy vanilla and fruit notes. I’ve never had mulberries before so I don’t really know what they taste like, but this reminds me of raspberry jam and maybe something a little more tropical. The coconut is definitely there, but in a good way. A few weeks back I had some pineapple squares with coconut, jam, and vanilla icing, and this keeps reminding me of those. I wouldn’t need to have this all the time, but I’m really enjoying it!

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Jam, Vanilla

Reviewing from my tablet, so apologies in advance for any egregious typo-ing. I bought this in the vague hope that it might replace my ever-dwindling supply of Rivertea’s Mulberry White, which is delicious, refreshing fruit in a cup. Given my reaction to pretty much everything I’ve tried from DavidsTea, I have no idea what I was expecting. First of all, there is very little actual “tea” in this blend. No wonder the white needle is listed as the third ingredient. My cup was predominantly mulberries and coconut meat, with a few sad, stray needles. That wouldn’t have been an issue, except the smell of whatever vanilla flavoring the fruits were infused with was overwhelming. Skeptical, but willing to be proven wrong, I brewed it up. I’m not sure who listed alcohol as one of the flavor profiles, but that is exactly what I’m getting. It’s like cheap vodka with subpar vanilla flavoring to try and offset the burn. The oily film it leaves in my mouth is also reminiscent of the regret I experience right before a hangover. I couldn’t even taste the coconut past it. Who in their right mind took something as delightful as mulberries and thought: “You know what this needs? Artificial flavoring.” I am baffled and irrationally angry over what could have been a superior blend, if not for DavidsTea’s penchant for drowning out a tea’s natural elements. I choked down half of a big mug, the rest went down the sink. But my boundless optimism had me wondering if maybe a second steep would have washed most of the flavoring away. To test, I picked a mulberry out of the wet leaf and took a tentative bite, only to spit it out immediately. Credit where credit is due – that awful flavoring is really in there. Disappointing all around.

Flavors: Alcohol, Cream, Sugar, Vanilla

I’m trying this tea for the first time. Picked up 50g of this beauty when I was last in Victoria BC. Sigh… It’s criminal that there isn’t a David’s within 500 miles of me.

Decided to grab this one (along with 15 or so others) because it’s my sister’s favorite. The dry leaf won me over, so 50g into the bag.

Dry Leaf: butterscotch liqueur, caramel, coconut
Liquor Notes: browned butter, caramel
Tasting Notes: rounded butterscotch & caramel throughout

I adore this tea. I never would believe a white tea could pack such warm flavor. This is an awesome transitional tea (think Summer to Fall). I appreciate the caramel & balanced richness without having any spice. It’s just delicious & comforting.

All in all, this will definitely be a regular in my tea cabinet & I’m seriously regretting only picking up 50g of this one… So wishing it wasn’t so pricey! But oh is it delectable.

Flavors: Alcohol, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel