Gold Rush (organic)

Caramel, Coconut, Alcohol, Sweet, Cream
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 812 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 765 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1917 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1932 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW! This tea is sweet…I got this one to go and asked for agave. I dont know how much they put in it but next time I may just have it unsweetened (thats right…I would have it again!). I dont know if I would buy a tin but I could definetly see a 50g bag of it in my future.

This is such a lovely tea – the mulberries almost taste like caramel

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s very mild with a nice hint of creamy sweetness. I could definitely taste hints of coconut and the delicate flavour of the white tea complimented the mulberries perfectly. I bought 100g and I think it’ll be depleted very soon!

On a side note, a few people (including the girl helping me at DAVIDs TEA) mentioned eating the mulberries after steeping the tea. I tried this and found the mulberries to be extremely sweet and not all that enjoyable.

My taste buds are singing but my wallet is crying. I bought 50g of this and I already want a tin. Brewed it this morning for 6 minutes and the smell alone made me drool. I drank it unsweet and it was so naturally sweet and caramelly… such a happy start to the morning! I picked the mulberries out of the strainer afterwards and they were equally as sweet and delicious. This is right up there with Milk Oolong, and I think it might even take the cake as my new favorite tea.

Excited to try it iced (although I have a feeling this is going to be a strictly hot tea) and as a latte.

I can see why this is the tea of the month it has so much subtle earthy grass fruit nut taste a very pleasant blend.its creamy and smooth loved it so much that I got 100g of it this is my main tea for morning and night

200 °F / 93 °C

I am conflicted with this tea.

Is it delicious? Yes! It is such a lovely creamy caramel flavour that stands very well all on its own. The tea is composed almost entirely of berries with hardly any white tea leaves in it, and definitely no delicate white tea flavour (the coconut and mulberries make sure to obliterate any chance the few white tea leaves had.) 25g netted me just enough tea to make two pots. TWO POTS, for $6! It is such a spendy tea, I feel like a sweet dessert tea fix would be better served with a caramel flavoured rooibos at a fraction of the price.

I think I read another reviewer call this tea scrumptious and I think that is the perfect word for it! It is creamy and coconutty and sweet from the mulberries… Very yummy! The only negative thing I could say about it, is that since I literally had Chocolate Macaroon just yesterday, which is also coconutty and which I am IN LOVE WITH… then this one doesn’t quite measure up for me. But that is only because I love Chocolate Macaroon SO MUCH and if I hadn’t just had it, I wouldn’t be comparing it so directly!

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

When I smelled this I couldn’t resist picking some up. The dry leaf smells AMAZING. Rich and sweet and boozy, like some cream liqueur (maybe Irish Cream?)

Sadly, while the tea is nice, it just doesn’t measure up to how amazing it smells in the bag. In the cup there’s a lot of caramel and coconut notes, on the nose and tongue, but I’m not getting much of the white tea (which is pretty sparse amongst the other ingredients). I expect white teas to be light and delicate, but this is just missing something, in the same way I find a lot of white-fruit blends, which are heavy on the fruit and light on white, to be.

I’ll have to give this another try, maybe fiddle with amounts, steeping time and temperature. I have the tea and it was expensive, so maybe I can make it work better.

Flavors: Alcohol, Caramel, Coconut, Sweet

A sample from Memily! I’ve been hanging on to this one, because I’ve wanted to try it for so long, and it sounds delicious. I was waiting for the perfect day, I guess. Today fits the bill — I had to work yesterday, so I think I deserve a treat today. Also, it’s raining heavily and fairly dull, so a sweet, cheering cup is just the ticket!

I gave 5g of leaf (about 2 tsp) 3 minutes in water cooled slightly. I felt I had to do that in honour of the silver needle base, although to be fair there isn’t much of it here. It’s mostly mulberry and coconut!

It’s absolutely delicious. As it cools, it’s just like drinking liquid caramel with a sprinkle of coconut. There’s the tiniest hint of silver needle in the background, which helps to round out the flavour somehow. If there was ever a dessert replacement tea, this is it! I’ve got a gruelling week ahead, so I’m glad it’s starting on a high tea note! This is one I’d definitely try again should the opportunity arise. It’s sweet, warming, caramelly wonderfulness.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp
Memily

Oh huzzah! I’m all out of mine. The silver needle was definitely quite sparse in the blend, I think that’s just part and parcel of it! I was bulking mine out in the end with some straight silver needle to try to get it to last longer.

Scheherazade

Don’t blame you for trying to stretch it. It’s delicious!

Drinking the last bit of this. Tasty!