Gold Rush (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Natural Flavours, White Mulberries, White Tea
Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Jam, Vanilla, Alcohol, Cream, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Honey, Smooth, Sweet, Berries, Maple, Berry, Custard, Maple Syrup, Burnt Sugar, Candy, Rum, Butter, Thick
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am currently drinking Gold Rush while writing this, and let me say, it is deeeeelish!

I had 100g free to use up, so today I went into David’s Tea and picked out some teas. I ended up using 50g free towards Bubbie’s Baklava, and another free 50g towards this tea. Honestly, one of the main reasons why I wanted to try this one was because of its price. This is a fairly expensive tea compared to some of the others at DT. I thought that it might be more expensive for a good reason, maybe the ingredients were just THAT much better, you know?

Anyways, I smelled it in the store and it reminded me of butter rum lifesaver candies. The fellow helping me said right away that he gets a very strong rum scent from it, which definitely went along with the candies that I thought of. I don’t get coconut by itself in this tea, if that makes sense. Lots of people have said that the coconut is very noticeable, but I see this more as a cohesive flavor, not so much coconut + mulberries + white tea = caramely goodness. I just get the butter rum flavor right away.

Now that I have actually tasted it, I will say that it is very sweet. I wouldn’t put any sweetener in it. With that being said, it is very, very tasty. It definitely isn’t too sweet. I left the teabag in like I normally do and it wasn;t too strong either. Just right!

I am really glad that I used this as one of my free teas. It was a great tea to try out, especially because it is more expensive than some others. I look forward to drinking this again and might have to splurge once this is done!

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Candy, Creamy, Rum, Sweet

Ooooh yay!
This was the Tea of the Day at DT today and so I bought a full sized cup. The small sample was pretty weak but a nice hot cup with the smidgiest of smidges of honey brought out the really nice coconut flavour of this tea and – what I’m assuming is mullberries (I’ve never had them ) but if that’s what I’m tasting then they’re very nice! I also bought some of their milk oolong so once I taste that one I’ll decide on which I want to use my free 50g on!

Flavors: Coconut, Sweet

Again, another tea that’s a bit to expensive for my tastes. The coconut and caramel taste is a bit of a weird one to me, so I don’t like this as much as most other people appear to. I think I like my coconut flavours blended with fruit above all else. The cup of this I had a while back was good, but I don’t think I’ll go for it again on my own.

I bought myself an ounce of this to try the last time I was in NYC, thinking I would redeem my rewards on it. It’s only ok. Did I do something wrong?

It’s nice, slightly creamy, and coco-nutty. A mild hint of caramel, but even after steeping for the recommended 7 minutes, I still needed to add sweetener to it. It was fine without, but it was missing the oomph. I can see people who generally don’t sweeten their teas to really like this, but I dunno, even sweetened, there’s something missing. I just can’t put my finger on it.

If anyone has any recommendations let me know (if I did something wrong, etc.). Good, just not great given the hype or price!

I went to DavidsTea last week to pick up some teas for my mom and of course, couldn’t resist picking up a little something for myself! I’ve been wondering about this tea, so I picked up a small amount to give it a go. Tonight is my second cup. The first time, it was very sweet, but I could also taste the silver needle in the background. Tonight I decided it tastes like rum. Not bad, but almost too much flavoring for me. I think I’m really starting to move away from heavily flavored teas. There’s just so much to love about great quality unflavored teas.

Taking a break from Lupicia teas, and saving the other 4 or 5 I have left to try tomorrow! This tea is yet another sample from Dexter’s big box of tea love. This blend is very…chunky. There are whole mulberries and big chunks of coconut and other “food” things. I do see a few scant silver needles mixed in with all of the additions. Dry, it smells very sweet and almost vanilla-y with some tart fruitiness.

The steeped tea smells quite mild, but I can definitely identify coconut in there, along with something that reminds me of vanilla. Hmm, this one is a bit too much for me I think. It’s very strong on the coconut, which is fine, but the flavor combined with the mouthfeel gives me the impression of drinking straight coconut milk mixed with butter. There’s definitely too much richness here for me! It’s like eating a coconut candle… :P

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream, Custard, Sweet, Thick

I think I read another reviewer call this tea scrumptious and I think that is the perfect word for it! It is creamy and coconutty and sweet from the mulberries… Very yummy! The only negative thing I could say about it, is that since I literally had Chocolate Macaroon just yesterday, which is also coconutty and which I am IN LOVE WITH… then this one doesn’t quite measure up for me. But that is only because I love Chocolate Macaroon SO MUCH and if I hadn’t just had it, I wouldn’t be comparing it so directly!

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

When I smelled this I couldn’t resist picking some up. The dry leaf smells AMAZING. Rich and sweet and boozy, like some cream liqueur (maybe Irish Cream?)

Sadly, while the tea is nice, it just doesn’t measure up to how amazing it smells in the bag. In the cup there’s a lot of caramel and coconut notes, on the nose and tongue, but I’m not getting much of the white tea (which is pretty sparse amongst the other ingredients). I expect white teas to be light and delicate, but this is just missing something, in the same way I find a lot of white-fruit blends, which are heavy on the fruit and light on white, to be.

I’ll have to give this another try, maybe fiddle with amounts, steeping time and temperature. I have the tea and it was expensive, so maybe I can make it work better.

Flavors: Alcohol, Caramel, Coconut, Sweet

A sample from Memily! I’ve been hanging on to this one, because I’ve wanted to try it for so long, and it sounds delicious. I was waiting for the perfect day, I guess. Today fits the bill — I had to work yesterday, so I think I deserve a treat today. Also, it’s raining heavily and fairly dull, so a sweet, cheering cup is just the ticket!

I gave 5g of leaf (about 2 tsp) 3 minutes in water cooled slightly. I felt I had to do that in honour of the silver needle base, although to be fair there isn’t much of it here. It’s mostly mulberry and coconut!

It’s absolutely delicious. As it cools, it’s just like drinking liquid caramel with a sprinkle of coconut. There’s the tiniest hint of silver needle in the background, which helps to round out the flavour somehow. If there was ever a dessert replacement tea, this is it! I’ve got a gruelling week ahead, so I’m glad it’s starting on a high tea note! This is one I’d definitely try again should the opportunity arise. It’s sweet, warming, caramelly wonderfulness.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp
Memily

Oh huzzah! I’m all out of mine. The silver needle was definitely quite sparse in the blend, I think that’s just part and parcel of it! I was bulking mine out in the end with some straight silver needle to try to get it to last longer.

Scheherazade

Don’t blame you for trying to stretch it. It’s delicious!

Drinking the last bit of this. Tasty!