Gold Rush (organic)

Caramel, Coconut, Alcohol, Sweet, Cream
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I was in DAVIDsTEA today and bought myself the little gong fu teapot and some clear double walled tea cups for my birthday tomorrow. And the new mate teas. I told the girl working that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 812 tasting notes
  • “An oh so drool-inducing sipdown. It's a coconut caramel cloud. This is a sad moment here! I'd buy more but it's quite expensive so maybe I'll reward myself later, like when I finish the semester or...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 770 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (197) I picked up 10 g of this which does not go very far and so I was saving it for when I needed it most. Today my tea experiences have been less than stellar and so when I brewed up...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1922 tasting notes
  • “Took advantage of the fact the tin of this was out (I was packaging some for Cavo) to brew myself up a mug of it! I haven't had it in a while, so I thought "why not?". This is a more expensive one...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1939 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hit the jackpot

Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka! (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I expected a stronger taste, maybe I’ll use hotter water next time. Smells creamy and delicious – tastes faintly the same.

Day #5 of the 12 Days of Christmas 2013. Thanks to Momo-this was the perfect fit and the neatest looking tea I think I received. The mulberries were so pretty as well as the look of the tea in general. This may sound strange, but it Looked so good, I couldn’t wait to drink it. The taste was just as good as the look and aroma. This is my third DavidsTea and I am starting to see similarities in the natural flavoring added to some-can’t wait to try more.

So expensive but so good oh my gosh.

Ladies and gentleman, I now give you my favourite white tea. I really enjoy the flavor of coconut, and I was hoping for a lot of that in this blend. Needless to say, I thought it was great. I also enjoy that it is organic as well. It’s a little bit pricy, $11.50 for 50g, but I feel like it’s worth it for the great white tea quality.

A fantastic tea. Mellow, involved, sweet and comforting, this is the kind of tea you want to pour into a big, fat mug, hold in both hands and curl up watching the rain with. It’s a spritely younger sister bouncing on your bed to get you up in the morning – chipper, sweet and though you might be grumpy to begin with, it’ll turn that frown upside own.

This tea has become the underdog favourite of my collection! I’ve only had the small 12 ish gram sampler that came in my very first david’s tea sample pack, and I’m polishing that off as we speak.

I’m not sure if its the mulberries, or maybe I really like white tea, but I love everything about this tea. I don’t have a whole lot of white teas to compare it to, but perhaps I should try more!

I find this sweet and smooth and creamy without actually being sugary or milky in any way. It smells warm and sweet and comforting. This one’s expensive, so I can’t wait until I get my Frequent Steeper coupon so I can finally stock up!

so I just made my last cup from my 50g bag last night and I was so sad…So I ordered a 100g tin today. Because honestly it’s one of my favorite evening teas. Granted there isn’t a whole lot of white tea taste I get from it. But those dang mulberries! OMG. I will steep this at least twice because it’s a pricey tea. But I wont hesitate to order it despite the cost. It’s like a butterscotch and a caramel candy got together over a wild weekend and had a delicious love child. It’s one of the teas I want to have around all the time. Yes.

I had a lovely moment today where I was drinking this tea in the dark on the balcony in a glorious thunderstorm and an amazing downpour. It was just a wonderful calming moment. <3

As for the tea, it was delicious! I was worried the coconut could be overwhelming, but it was just a delicious afterthought instead. Lovely!

I really didn’t enjoy this one. And it seemed somewhat oily.

I haven’t had this one for almost a whole year I think. I was out of stock and a bit reticent to buy again because it’s a bit expensive. I had to order this week so I thought I might take a 50g bag. I think I like it even more than I used to. Slight taste, very creamy and comforting smell.