Strawberry Ginger

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Brewed this one up again today, mostly because it found its way to work somehow, and seemed appealing at the time! So why not. I seem to recall having hibiscus issues in the past, so kept the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I got a cute little sample packet of this from *Kittenna*. I love how DAVIDs packages their samples, they're adorable and perfect for taking around in your purse or bag. I brought this one up with...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Heyyyy, do you remember me!? I took a break but now I'm back!! Happy new year! I gave this a good long steep tonight and added some agave. I think this is the perfect way to brew this tea hot....” Read full tasting note
    MilkPocky 145 tasting notes
  • “So I got a cup of this to go when stopping in to pick up some of the new teas. I feel a bit like death warmed over, so I thought a cup of this might perk me up. Um, well...it didn't. It smells...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Spice it up
We’ve all tasted strawberries with cream or chocolate, but have you ever tried them with ginger? It’s surprisingly balanced – sweet, luscious berries are the perfect match for ginger’s zesty heat. Here, we took this winning combination and amped it up even more with tart hibiscus, rosehips and lemon myrtle, plus fruity apples and blackberries. It’s a fresh new way to enjoy your favourite fruit. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, rosehips, hibiscus, strawberries, lemon myrtle, sweet blackberry, ginger, blue mallow blossoms, marigold blossoms.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Herbal teas aren’t always my favourite – I usually find them too bland or “grassy”. I was enticed to smell this in the store and bought a samples worth – strawberries and ginger are two of my favourite things, but again, herbal = skeptical.

I LOVE this tea! It is bright and flavourful – the strawberries are definitely the dominant (delicious!) flavour, but the ginger is there as well – bringing just a little heat and “zing” to the party. Also a favourite of my 10 yr old!

What the hell is up with David’s Tea and hibiscus? Like rooibos, it seems to want to ruin any fruit teas that I’m mildly interested in.

It smells like it could be better, as it needs more strawberry and ginger than hibiscus, there is barely any strawberry flavor in this, and the ginger is there once you go through the hibiscus tart after taste.

Unlike rooibos, I am more indifferent to hibiscus, as it is not disguisting, but it seems to be overpowering potentially delicious blends, and it is becoming more commonplace in my recent David’s Tea blend purchases.

The description of this made me extremely curious to try this out, since I’m always on the hunt for fruity, caffeine-free teas. A friend of mine told me that this one was delightful, so I ordered 100g and had high hopes.

The smell of the dry leaves is of ginger, with fruity background, not too much of strawberry. If it brewed up the way it smelled, I would be very pleased. The colour of this when steeped is a very pretty raspberry colour. The brewed tea has a funny aroma to it, that I identify with “artificial watermelon candy” (like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, which for the record, I detest!).

On the first sip I got a shock to my tastebuds because it is extremely tart! I should have expected this since this tea is rosehip and hibiscus based, and the tartness combined with the lemon myrtle gives this tea a very citrus-y feel. I think most of the shock was that I was expecting a sweet, strawberry taste and got the polar opposite. I don’t taste any spiciness from the ginger at all.

I added a touch of agave syrup to the tea to take the tart edge off, and although it did bring out the ginger more in the flavour profile, I can’t say that I enjoy this tea. There’s a funny aftertaste that I can’t quite put my finger on and I can’t stomach the idea of polishing off 100g of this.

I think if I’m in the mood for a strawberry tea, I’ll stick to Blazing Strawberries from David’s Tea.

I like this one. A lot of people aren’t fans of it, and I think maybe I might like it a lot because its my first strawberry tea and I have nothing to compare it to!. The scent is extremely strong when you steep it and really fills the room…. but the ginger isn’t so overwhelming that it ruins the light taste of strawberry… I like this one both iced, and hot.

I thought I would like this one. I love adding ginger to my strawberry rhubarb pies, and I thought, “Sounds yummy…”

It’s not. I couldn’t put my finger on what it was that was so off about the smell and the taste until another taster brought it to light. This tea really does taste like dirty strawberries—field strawberries. Though, to me, it tastes like the entire dirty plant, twigs, leaves, and the sad little berries that are no longer fresh.

The flavour is very unnatural and artificial to me. It’s not the worst and I’ll finish off the 50g I purchased on faith alone. But I would never buy this again. It’s just not yummy.

Another favourite from Spring 2012. A good balance of sweet & spicy. Very nice iced, but also palatable when served hot. Count me in among its fans.

This sweet smelling tea has the perfect balance of sourness.

Tangy with a touch of ginger. There might be a subtle after hint of strawberry but not much. I didn’t enjoy this much until I added a touch of agave nectar to sweeten it up. I’ll probably drink the whole bag over time, but I’m not sure that I’ll buy more.

On the outside this tea scared me. Ginger and hibiscus are not my friends. I had to try it though, couldn’t resist the temptation of a new tea.
Hot: It tastes very gingery. I was not a huge fan.
Cold: With agave to balance out the ginger and hibiscus this tea was AMAZING iced!!!! It was sweet and tasted of strawberries but also had a hint of a ginger taste. I would definitely recommend this iced over hot.