Jolly Jellybean

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A smile a sip.
One sip of this sweet, rich rooibos blend and you’ll know spring is right around the corner. It could be the sunny taste of pineapple, or the exotic creaminess of coconut. It could be the pretty calendula and cornflower petals. Then again, it might just be the jellybeans. You heard us right, jellybeans – that’s what gives this tea its irresistibly sweet and fruity kick. So why do jellybeans remind us of spring? Because they make us happy. Why else?

Ingredients: Red rooibos, coconut, pineapple, calendula, strawberries, cornflowers, and jelly beans.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Fatty says: NOT SWEET ENOUGH! This is a rooibos with coconut, pineapple, and jellybeans. Cute, and I dig the novelty factor, but all things considered, I find it rather bland. I sweeten almost all of my tea anyway, so the jellybeans are just kind of superfluous for me. I’d rather consume my sugar as sugar, and not in bean form. Meh.

The smell of this tea is more appealing than the actual taste of this one so far. I had gotten the tin and there does not appear to be any jelly beans to be found.

Tea of the day. It was ok.

My thought process through this tea experience:

Hmm…no smell
That’s a wimpy jelly bean
Surely there’s more than that pathetic little guy in here
Oh! Look at all the jelly beans!
I wonder if I can eat them???
This tea smells like puke!!!! (while steeping)
Hope it tastes better than it smells
Bland smell/no more puke! (after steeping)
No flavor
Tastes like honey (with two tsp raw honey)

This tea is pretty disappointing. And for anyone interested…yes I ate the jelly beans! :) This tea has no taste to it. I picked this tea to try something different, but I got nothing. No aroma no smell…nothing. The only thing saving this tea is the fact that I have some honey. Wish it would have been better.

Random fruity tea and there were no jellybeans in my bag :( Very disappointing, but makes a tasty iced tea during summer parties and goes well with lemon. Well… I wouldn’t buy it again.

Iced 5 min, 0 sec

Also didn’t receive any jelly beans in my sample bag. Didn’t seem to have all that much flavor to me but the flavor it did have was nice a fruity. Wouldn’t buy it.

Have I mentioned how much I hate rooibos? This particular rooibos tea is neither sweet, nor creamy, as the bag suggests.

As well, I had expected more flavors with jellybeans mixed in, but all I could taste was bland terrible rooibos.

I couldn’t even finish my first and only cup, I had to dump it in the sink.

Very disappointing.

So, I ordered 25g of this and I also got a small sample with another online order that I made. I decided to try this one at work, so I brought the small sample with me.
This one tastes like Swampwater. When I smelt it in stores, I didn’t even put the two together, but now that I’ve tried it, it is amazingly similar. I love swampwater too, so that’s good. I didn’t end up getting any of the jellybeans in the sample that had, but I’m going to go ahead and buy some from the bulk barn and add them to my tea. I want to know what it tastes like with them. I bet I definitely wouldn’t need to add sugar after those things disolve. haha
Hoping they keep this one around for a while. I might have to order a tin of it at some point.

I had never previously enjoyed a rooibos, I find the fuzzy feeling it leaves on my tongue after I drink it unsettling. This one is different though, it smells so sweet and delicious and lacks that bizarre feeling. It’s a little creamy, and a lot fruity.

Loved this seasonal tea. I found that the jellybeans add a different kind of flavour to it. I did steep the jellybeans, instead of eating them, and found that it put just enough sugar in the tea and made it good. Though I did find that the bottom of the cup was not the best cause it had all sunk to the bottom and had gotten cold. But I love the coconut and pineapple taste perfect for spring.