Paradise Found

Black Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

Get lost in it

Ever hear about the tea utopia hidden deep in the jungle? Word is, it’s a pretty enchanted place. People say the hibiscus is always in full bloom, the oranges and mangoes are perfectly ripe, and the subtle scent of cornflower and safflower petals hangs in the air. How can you find this earthly paradise? It’s as easy as steeping a cup. One sip of this fruity black and green tea blend will take you right there.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, apple, black tea, green tea, orange peel, safflower, cornflower, candied mango, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not a big hibiscus fan and this is heavy on the H. I cut the tart zing with sugar and that helped some. I love the way this smells, both dry and brewed – like a tropical paradise. It’s a decent tea, not my fave from David’s Tea, but not the worst thing I’ve ever consumed.

I had such high hopes for this tea. The only tea out of the collection that was black. When I steeped it, I always add milk to the cup first and OMG it was purple. It was gross with milk, and it was nasty without. Not for me. Smelled divine before brewed and totally tart afterwards.

Must have been the hibiscus monster…

I tried this one iced today (cold-steeped overnight). It’s such a pretty clear red but it’s way too tart and there’s a weird aftertaste… I think it might be because of the hibiscus. I’ve never tried a hibiscus tea iced before but it really takes over everything. Blehhh. I’ll be drinking this one hot from now on. It smells nice though.

Dry Leaf Nose: Fruity and sweet.

Liquor: Pink-golden colour and clear, with a sweet tropical mango aroma.

Flavour: Sweet and fruity flavour with tart hibiscus taking the forefront and the black and green teas adding a nice lively mouthfeel. The mango adds an extra sweetness to the cup

We meet again, hibiscus.

Kay Kanada

Please, please, PLEASE reduce the use of hibiscus in teas. I beg of you…

This was Given to me by keenteathyme this has such a fruity smell .. but the taste seams a little off… its got a tart taste mixed in with the fruit .. I added sweetener and a little honey since i had a Cold …. this is one tea i just done really want to finish… :( Disappointment in paradise …

first ingredient – hibiscus.
i was a tea newb and this was a sample.
here is a song about squirrels. kinda.
kinda about squirrels.

“Albini himself commented that this song is about a guy who wants to isolate himself from the world, so he tries to generate electrical power using squirrels. However, his efforts backfire and his life is overcome by these thousands of squirrels and they become the main purpose of his existence, totally defeating the purpose in the end.”

Shellac – Squirrel Song

Thank you Vanilla Beans for sending me this awesome sample as well :)

This one smells interesting. Not necessarily good or bad. Just interesting. It also brews up a deep red colour, which has never been a great sign for me. Thus far I don’t think anything that’s brewed up this colour I’ve kept or even enjoyed.

Well it isn’t Pineapple Oolong or Aloha Pu’erh bad, but not my favourite. Must be the hibiscus.

Thanks again Vanilla Beans!

Mmmmm this tastes just like a normal tea should. I get that hibiscus a lot and i do enjoy it. The mango is more of an after taste. To me this tastes more like a tea you would get in the grocery store, not loose leaf. Its really good but nothing memorable. I think this tea would be more appreciated by someone who is not so passionate about tea, if you know what I mean. It is pretty good but something I would serve to guests. Not bad with a little agave nectar.
I think I am going to have to bump up the rating a bit. I have a little sample pack of this from my online order and I decided I would put it in my Timolino travel mug today. Wow this tea smells so fruity, it really brightened up my day. Everyday I bring a different tea from my collection to school and my friends always ask to smell it. This one by far is the best smelling according to my friends.

Made a big pot of this to wake my up and get me in the right mindset for my first exam. I think it’ll definitely be a re-buy! I am not really a black tea person but this one the fruity and tart overwhelms the black tea. The colour makes me happy on its own, its as close to magenta as I have ever seen.
I love the tartness of the hibiscus combined with the tropical fruit flavours like mangos. It makes a very pleasing combo…

As I suspected, the hibiscus took over the taste and became too bitter for me.
I am glad that I only got 10grams.
The dude at DTs suggested to ice it so I will do that before I say buh-bye to this tea.
Sorry, I didn’t find paradise in this one David. :(