Fruit Green Blend
Bitter, Guava, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! 873. Still pretty meh about this one. Fruity greens and I typically don’t get along, so it’s not too surprising. There’s a bit of fruitiness coming through past the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3013 tasting notes
  • “I apparently like this tea much more than others who rated it. I should preface this by saying that I love the taste of artificial peach and mango. As a kid I was a sucker for that peach drink...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “I am really falling in love with this tea, and green tea in general. It is not really a strong mango tea, but there are definite hints of mango throughout the tea. I think that they really got the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 513 tasting notes
  • “To me, this tastes just like another Canadian classic: Tim Hortons peach juice. I used to drink that stuff as a kid when my mparents went in for coffee (my Mum worked at a Timmie’s when I was...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes

Daydream believer

At our annual staff party last summer, we invented the best drink ever: iced green tea with mango-flavoured ice cubes. It was totally refreshing and subtly fruity, like drinking a cup of green tea while daydreaming about tropical fruit. Hence the name: The Daydreamer. We’ve recreated it for you here, with a sencha green tea lightly flavoured with mango, guava and mangousteen. Steep a cup and dream a little dream of tea. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Sencha green tea, mango, safflower, marigold, natural and artificial mangousteen flavoring, artificial guava flavoring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was the 2nd tea that I decided to try in the spring collection. The smell of this one is intoxicating! When steeped, the citrucy smell mellows and the green tea base really shines through. I really liked that aspect of this tea as I find that in alot of the flavoured green tea blends that the flavouring overpowers the base.

I had this one iced for the first time today and I really enjoyed it. The citrus mell mellows out even more when iced and really allows the classic taste of green tea to come through. Really enjoyable and is almost better for the summer than for spring!

I had this tea for a much needed afternoon pick me up. I like it! There was a nice mango taste with something else… Maybe peach? It was enjoyable but a bit unforgettable. It tasted a bit like Pom Tango but not as good.

Very fruity and light, good iced

This tea is deliciously mango-ey without slapping you across the face with mango – it’s a great, balanced mango and green tea flavour.

Honestly it was better than expected – I drink it almost daily! There are large mango bits scattered throughout the dry leaf. This tea it smells wonderful dry, steeping – hot and cold, really! Bought some for my Mom as a party of her Mothers Day gift, she loves it as well.

ETA: This is a great tea for afternoon sipping – or for taking out and about, iced or hot! Still love it!

Best green tea I’ve had from DAVIDsTEA other than Toasted Walnut.
With most green teas I’m able to leave the bag in for longer than I should without it going too tart, but with this one I found that 4 minutes was the perfect steeping time.
When my 100g tin runs out I won’t hesitate to buy more!

Nice, light, and fruity. There’s a strange artificial aftertaste, though.

After reading Uniquity saying that this tastes like Tim Horton’s Peach Drink, I can’t untaste it! It does taste an awful lot like that. I do like the Peach Drink though, and this is a nice tea for the afternoon, using the small Asian-style cups. I am not head over heals on this one, but it is good enough.

I drank this tea as a ‘Tea of the Day’ sample at David’s Tea. It was served iced.

The flavour that stood out the most was a peach-like flavour. This tea was very bitter.

My DT order arrived yesterday, so its time for another round of tastings for new teas. First up was Daydreamer. I made iced tea for my timolino and my other half’s thermos this morning – our 28oc autumn day called for the iced option! I was really excited to try this one after reading the description too, I love both sencha and mango.

We both really enjoyed it! I do a nice subtle green blend, where the base tea is still taste-able, and the mango was a good match for the sencha. Very light and refreshing after walking through town to my office in the warmth. I did give mine a bit of a longer steep than recommended, I find sencha can cope with it as long as the water is cool enough. I find it helps bring out the accompanying fruit flavour.

All in all, I enjoyed this one. I’ll agree with others in that its not remarkable, or a instant must have (like the first time I tried Chocolate Rocket, for example), but still very enjoyable and refreshing.

I tried this green tea when it was released a few years ago (I think it was 2013??) in the summer collection. I’m adding a tasting note because I remember it so fondly. I’ve never been a huge fan of green teas, straight or flavored, so this blend caught me by surprise. I wish I’d stocked up on it because it is everything I hope a flavored green tea to be – pleasantly bitter, flavorful and fruity. I love trying tropical blends, regardless of the base, so this tea, and its combination of guava, mango and mangosteen, was very well-received. It’s really tasty.

Flavors: Bitter, Guava, Mango