Daydreamer

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! 873. Still pretty meh about this one. Fruity greens and I typically don't get along, so it's not too surprising. There's a bit of fruitiness coming through past the vegetal green tea...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I apparently like this tea much more than others who rated it. I should preface this by saying that I love the taste of artificial peach and mango. As a kid I was a sucker for that peach drink...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “I am really falling in love with this tea, and green tea in general. It is not really a strong mango tea, but there are definite hints of mango throughout the tea. I think that they really got the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 481 tasting notes
  • “To me, this tastes just like another Canadian classic: Tim Hortons peach juice. I used to drink that stuff as a kid when my mparents went in for coffee (my Mum worked at a Timmie's when I was very...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Daydream believer

At our annual staff party last summer, we invented the best drink ever: iced green tea with mango-flavoured ice cubes. It was totally refreshing and subtly fruity, like drinking a cup of green tea while daydreaming about tropical fruit. Hence the name: The Daydreamer. We’ve recreated it for you here, with a sencha green tea lightly flavoured with mango, guava and mangousteen. Steep a cup and dream a little dream of tea. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Sencha green tea, mango, safflower, marigold, natural and artificial mangousteen flavoring, artificial guava flavoring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Apparently it is so good that I will be day dreaming about it all day haha. Not so accurate. What I mean is that it’s not terrible, but there are better teas out there.

It has sencha green tea leaves, mango, safflower, marigold, natural and artificial mangousteen flavoring, artificial guava flavoring. Personally, I like my tea to be more natural than this.

The main thing that you can taste when you drink this tea is the green tea itself. It’s kind of boring, I was expecting more fruitiness with all these ingredients!

I was surprised by the very mild aroma of this tea. I expected. The smell of mango to be more prevalent. Really the only specific scent I did pick up was peach, which oddly is not listed on the ingredients. The liquor is a darkish yellow with a green tint to it. Not a lot of richness present in this look of the tea. The favour and body are both extremely mild. The fruit flavour was mostly an aftertaste. No one flavour becomes apparent above the rest. It’s a very smooth blend. Vaguely floral after a few sips. Not as bitter as the more traditional green teas, but it gets more apparent towards the end of the pot.

The taste of the green tea is strong and there is a slight aftertaste of a fruity mango flavour.

Green tea with mango, guava, mangosteen. Mild and sweetly fruity. Overall, pretty tasty, but a little forgettable, too.

Nice, but only as an iced tea.

Got this as a sample & decided to give it a try even though I’d been thinking I’m not one for Japanese green teas. This smelled heavenly dry & steeped; lovely mango/tropical fruity aroma. The taste is more lightly green with a fruity undertone. Some astringency, but not bitter. Rejuvenated my curiosity in Japanese greens, but I think I’ll stick to the flavored Senchas.

I love guava. But unfortunately I don’t really taste a strong guava flavour. I do like however the soft fruity taste. It’s not over powering and its not too tasteless. For me this is a comforting tea and I love it. I can only imagine how amazing it would be cold. I have finally gotten the hang of brewing green teas.

This tea isn’t jam-packed full of flavor like others from David’s, but what it does have is really good. It got the grassy, nutty taste of the Sencha and the mango adds a punch of fruit. It is very refreshing and not overpowering like some fruit teas. Very relaxing and recommended.

This one reminds me of an enhanced Bubbly (from DT’s wine collection). Not bad.

When I opened the bag, it smelled quite like the peach teas I have. I wasn’t sure what to expect. However, the first steep allowed the green tea to shine through with a light undercurrent of fruitiness. The second steep tasted earthy and fruity, but not tired, like some green teas can taste after a while. I’m really enjoying it.