Blood Orange Pu'erh (organic)

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Citrus country

Most people associate oranges with Florida, but they were actually first cultivated in China thousands of years ago. So it should come as no surprise that orange is the perfect complement to pu’erh, China’s King of Tea. Taste it for yourself in this deep crimson tea, a delicious balance of tart hibiscus, juicy citrus and earthy pu’erh, with the lingering sweetness of licorice root. Orange you glad we didn’t add banana? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified pu’erh tea, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, lemon myrtle, licorice root, orange oil, lemon oil, grapefruit oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I must say that it is a very nice tea if you like oranges. It’s really a pure orange flavor, not that fake, sweet, medicinal, artificial orange taste. It’s the real thing in here. And that’s really about it, it’s a very simple tea and it actually reminds me a bit of orange pekoe (my mom concurs).

I enjoyed it though I like teas with a stronger flavor to it. I left my tea bag in there so that I could get a richer flavor. It was cold once I finished my cup and I still liked it. Next time I think I’ll need to try this as an iced tea.

Boiling

My favourite orange tea of all times. While it’s combined with aged pu’erh it brings out complex notes of earthy-ness.

I had a cup of this this afternoon. It has a beautiful red colour, and the heavy flavour of orange oil. Pu’erh is the base flavour, and it’s perfect with the bright oranges.

I was excited to try this because I like orangey-citrussy teas but I was disappointed in this. It had an really sweet aftertaste that I did not like.

Beautiful dark red color and the orange aroma and taste is very good. Great tea for the afternoon.