Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cream, Vanilla, Caramel, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1172 tasting notes
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1345 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1165 tasting notes
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday...which is Saturday...I'm not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious!!
I finally tried this one even though I bought this a while ago. I ordered 100g of this on the good faith that I would love it, like I love cake.
I was not disappointed. The rooibos is the perfect match for this tea. It is a sweet and almost creamy tea. It has a pretty strong vanilla flavour, or almost like a maple flavour. I can see this being a vanilla cake/icing mix. It definitely would curb any cravings that I have. I think I will have to keep a little of this one on hand for those days that all I want is a sweet treat.

So I tried this for the first time today, and I have mixed feelings about it. I think mostly they’re due to the service I got from David’s, so I don’t want to give the tea itself a bad rating due to bad service because it IS a really nice snack tea, but hopefully the next time I try some it’ll be better because I’m always a rooibos fan.

I went to the DT by my campus after class and picked up a specialty tin of The Skinny and a cup of Birthday Cake to go. I had a bit of a wait before I got my tea (and the employees kept leaving while I was getting everything and paying), but after I got my cup to go and had waited a bit for it to cool down I tried a sip and there was loose rooibos everywhere. So I opened the lid and sure enough, the tea bag had either ripped or not been sealed properly and it was everywhere. I decided to wait to try it until I got home and pour it into one of my mugs with a filter, since it was only a short subway ride, but I was really disappointed with the service.

The tea itself, as I said, makes for an excellent snack tea. It’s very sugary sweet (I had mine with a little bit of agave as well) and the flavouring in the tea comes out more than the rooibos/honeybush. I’m tending to side eye the prevelance of artificial flavours that David’s is relying on for their newer blenders these days, so I don’t think this’ll be something I’ll have too often, but it tastes like it sounds and is definitely a cake tea.

8 min or more

Here’s a secret that I try to hide from other tea lovers: I don’t really like rooibos teas, sometimes their smells will trick me into buying them (see: calming wellness tea from Teaopia that I ended up giving to my mother, and Orange Truffle from Teaopia, which I do enjoy drinking, but only when I’m sick) but at the end of the day they just aren’t my thing.
When I went to DT today (making a Happy Easter even happier) I had a list of their spiring teas I planned to stock up on, and this was not on my list. Actually it was on my “don’t accidentally purchase it because it says cake” list, and yes that was a category on my list. But then I smelled it. And saw the colourful sprinkles. And heard the girls in the shop talk about how amazing it is. And caved.
Which I am so glad I did. To me it smells like a coffee cake (never a bad thing), and tastes like those cakes that used to be at every birthday party you’d go to in elementary school (Never Ever a bad thing). I have celiac so not only is this a great tea in its own right but it also lets me enjoy the old tastes of my childhood.

• as an important side note to other celiacs, If you are really strict about your diet I don’t know if the sprinkles Davids uses are gluten free, I took the chance because I know a lot made in North America are now, and I’m not as strict as I should be, but you may want to look into it.
200 °F / 93 °C

I’m not a huge roobios fan, but i figured since its tea that smelled exactly like a cake I had to try it. Surprisingly it’s not overpoweringly sweet and it’s amazing. I think I should reconsider roobios teas because of this one. I’ll definitely pick up 100g of it when I run out.

so yummy!! and so cute to look at :)

My room mate and I picked up a few teas at David’s this afternoon and this was first up on our to drink list and has been on my to buy list for about a month but I never seem to make it out to David’s Tea nearly as often as I’d like . They first brew I did of the tea was a bit on the week side. However after a second brew with more leaves and a longer steep time my opinion of it greatly improved. It was sweet and aromatic and tasted like creamy vanilla frosting. I have been disappointed recently with two of the vanilla teas I purchased but this was the right amount of sweet I was looking for. Not to mention it’s caffiene free status as a rooibos makes it an excellent treat before bed and the sprinkles make it fun even if they leave tye-dye splotches on the grating of my infuser.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

You can’t go without a smile when preparing tea with sprinkles in it. It’s colourful and fun, I’ll say that for sure. However, it tastes more mapley than cakey in any way. It’s certainly not bad, and it’s fun and festive. However, DAVIDsTEA seems to be stuck on mapley tastes with its dessert teas, and it does sometimes get in the way of their fun names and trying to find good and different tastes.

This looks and smells so yummy…even dry…I smell white cake and maple syrup.
So, the sweet cake iness of this blows me away.
I was sure I had reviewed this once before, But I cannot find it.
I remember the first time I had tried this, I was blown away as well
I have never tried Oh Canada, so I have never had a tea like this.
I read one review that said this tasted like every other vanilla tea…
Au contrare…I taste the honey, maple syrup, creamy richness…mmm…
Most of all, I taste a Big white cupcake with frosting and sprinkles and No,
It is not my birthday, but it feels like it.
Thanks Alex :-)

It’s nowhere near my birthday, but I wanted something sweet! Lately I’ve been realizing that I don’t have many caffeine-free or dessert-like teas in my cupboard. So tonight I went to the closest David’s and got a cup of this to go, as well as their “sweet indulgence” box, which contains 12 examples of sweet/dessert teas.

This tea really does taste like cake! It was a bit plain because I didn’t ask for a lot of agave nectar in the mix (just enough to give a bit of sweetness), but the vanilla/honey flavour is very true to the taste of real cake.

For a long time when I thought of rooibos tea, I thought of the taste of pine resin. But it’s teas like this that are slowly winning me over – I’m seeing how how versatile rooibos is to carry and enhance sweet flavours. :-)

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Vanilla

Indigobloom

Agreed on the rooibos dessert teas!! I love the ones with a honeybush base. So much yum

Would have liked a stronger cake flavor…perhaps I’m brewing this wrong? Next time will add more to tea bag. But love the idea of a cup of cake!

190 °F / 87 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
JustJames

i just like the idea of anything dr who in my tea cup, lol.