Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cake, Creamy, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Butter, Cream, Maple, Rooibos, Caramel, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2260 tasting notes
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2062 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1613 tasting notes
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday...which is Saturday...I'm not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious!!
I finally tried this one even though I bought this a while ago. I ordered 100g of this on the good faith that I would love it, like I love cake.
I was not disappointed. The rooibos is the perfect match for this tea. It is a sweet and almost creamy tea. It has a pretty strong vanilla flavour, or almost like a maple flavour. I can see this being a vanilla cake/icing mix. It definitely would curb any cravings that I have. I think I will have to keep a little of this one on hand for those days that all I want is a sweet treat.

So I tried this for the first time today, and I have mixed feelings about it. I think mostly they’re due to the service I got from David’s, so I don’t want to give the tea itself a bad rating due to bad service because it IS a really nice snack tea, but hopefully the next time I try some it’ll be better because I’m always a rooibos fan.

I went to the DT by my campus after class and picked up a specialty tin of The Skinny and a cup of Birthday Cake to go. I had a bit of a wait before I got my tea (and the employees kept leaving while I was getting everything and paying), but after I got my cup to go and had waited a bit for it to cool down I tried a sip and there was loose rooibos everywhere. So I opened the lid and sure enough, the tea bag had either ripped or not been sealed properly and it was everywhere. I decided to wait to try it until I got home and pour it into one of my mugs with a filter, since it was only a short subway ride, but I was really disappointed with the service.

The tea itself, as I said, makes for an excellent snack tea. It’s very sugary sweet (I had mine with a little bit of agave as well) and the flavouring in the tea comes out more than the rooibos/honeybush. I’m tending to side eye the prevelance of artificial flavours that David’s is relying on for their newer blenders these days, so I don’t think this’ll be something I’ll have too often, but it tastes like it sounds and is definitely a cake tea.

8 min or more

Here’s a secret that I try to hide from other tea lovers: I don’t really like rooibos teas, sometimes their smells will trick me into buying them (see: calming wellness tea from Teaopia that I ended up giving to my mother, and Orange Truffle from Teaopia, which I do enjoy drinking, but only when I’m sick) but at the end of the day they just aren’t my thing.
When I went to DT today (making a Happy Easter even happier) I had a list of their spiring teas I planned to stock up on, and this was not on my list. Actually it was on my “don’t accidentally purchase it because it says cake” list, and yes that was a category on my list. But then I smelled it. And saw the colourful sprinkles. And heard the girls in the shop talk about how amazing it is. And caved.
Which I am so glad I did. To me it smells like a coffee cake (never a bad thing), and tastes like those cakes that used to be at every birthday party you’d go to in elementary school (Never Ever a bad thing). I have celiac so not only is this a great tea in its own right but it also lets me enjoy the old tastes of my childhood.

• as an important side note to other celiacs, If you are really strict about your diet I don’t know if the sprinkles Davids uses are gluten free, I took the chance because I know a lot made in North America are now, and I’m not as strict as I should be, but you may want to look into it.
200 °F / 93 °C

I’m not a huge roobios fan, but i figured since its tea that smelled exactly like a cake I had to try it. Surprisingly it’s not overpoweringly sweet and it’s amazing. I think I should reconsider roobios teas because of this one. I’ll definitely pick up 100g of it when I run out.

so yummy!! and so cute to look at :)

So I started some holiday baking tonight and I figured this was the most appropriate tea to drink while doing so. Hoping maybe it would stop me from eating cookie dough… but come on thats one of the best parts of baking, eating while you do so :P

As for this tea, well I’m currently on my third cup of this tonight… Easy to say this is one of my ultimate favourites. Cake in a cup! Nothing gets better than that. It literally tastes just like a cupcake, delicious!

Flavors: Cake, Creamy, Vanilla

Ost

This tea + Cookie Dough sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Megan Low

So delicious! I think its going to be my go-to baking tea from now on :P

Day #11 of tea – Dessert for breakfast today, haha. This is very, very sweet, and reminds me of Red Velvet Cake. Not surprisingly, since this is another cake tea. I’m not sure which one I like better (I had to ad milk to this one to distract from the rooibos taste), but I’m reminded that while these types of teas are tasty after the first few sips, they do become almost too sickly sweet for me to enjoy properly. I think this has proven to me yet again that I prefer my teas a little more tart.

While quite delicious at first after about 2/3 the way through the mug I decided I had enough. It does taste exactly like vanilla cake, and maybe a little hint of ice cream to me on first sip but it was the slight cinnamon taste after that turned me from it. I will continue to drink it but don’t know if I would buy more, I’m not a cinnamon kind of gal! Defiantly did do the trick and warm me up on a cold day which was exactly what I wanted

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

1 tsp 0 OZ / 0 ML

This was my first cup of the day because….there’s really no better day to tryallthebirthdayteas than on your birthday :) This being the first I tried, it was hard to compare it to others. All I knew was that it wasn’t nearly as sweet as I’d expected it would be. I also felt that it captured the buttercream taste quite well. So glad NayLynn sent me a sample of this to try!

Flavors: Butter, Cream

Marzipan

Happy birthday!

The Cookie Lady

Jennkay

Happy birthday! :)

I love the smell of this tea, it’s almost good enough to eat (in fact I may have snuck a sugar sprinkle or two). It’s not bad at all for a flavoured blend and I really get a strong vanilla cake-batter flavour. A bit artificial? Well yes, but lets be real I didn’t buy a tea called ‘Birthday Cake’ and filled with rainbow-coloured sprinkles so I could get the same nuanced experience as I would with a FTGFOP Darjeeling 1st flush. What this blend is is a fun, tasty tea that makes a good substitute for a calorie-laden dessert.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML