Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cake, Coffee, Rooibos, Vanilla, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Cream, Maple, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious!!
I finally tried this one even though I bought this a while ago. I ordered 100g of this on the good faith that I would love it, like I love cake.
I was not disappointed. The rooibos is the perfect match for this tea. It is a sweet and almost creamy tea. It has a pretty strong vanilla flavour, or almost like a maple flavour. I can see this being a vanilla cake/icing mix. It definitely would curb any cravings that I have. I think I will have to keep a little of this one on hand for those days that all I want is a sweet treat.

So I tried this for the first time today, and I have mixed feelings about it. I think mostly they’re due to the service I got from David’s, so I don’t want to give the tea itself a bad rating due to bad service because it IS a really nice snack tea, but hopefully the next time I try some it’ll be better because I’m always a rooibos fan.

I went to the DT by my campus after class and picked up a specialty tin of The Skinny and a cup of Birthday Cake to go. I had a bit of a wait before I got my tea (and the employees kept leaving while I was getting everything and paying), but after I got my cup to go and had waited a bit for it to cool down I tried a sip and there was loose rooibos everywhere. So I opened the lid and sure enough, the tea bag had either ripped or not been sealed properly and it was everywhere. I decided to wait to try it until I got home and pour it into one of my mugs with a filter, since it was only a short subway ride, but I was really disappointed with the service.

The tea itself, as I said, makes for an excellent snack tea. It’s very sugary sweet (I had mine with a little bit of agave as well) and the flavouring in the tea comes out more than the rooibos/honeybush. I’m tending to side eye the prevelance of artificial flavours that David’s is relying on for their newer blenders these days, so I don’t think this’ll be something I’ll have too often, but it tastes like it sounds and is definitely a cake tea.

8 min or more

Here’s a secret that I try to hide from other tea lovers: I don’t really like rooibos teas, sometimes their smells will trick me into buying them (see: calming wellness tea from Teaopia that I ended up giving to my mother, and Orange Truffle from Teaopia, which I do enjoy drinking, but only when I’m sick) but at the end of the day they just aren’t my thing.
When I went to DT today (making a Happy Easter even happier) I had a list of their spiring teas I planned to stock up on, and this was not on my list. Actually it was on my “don’t accidentally purchase it because it says cake” list, and yes that was a category on my list. But then I smelled it. And saw the colourful sprinkles. And heard the girls in the shop talk about how amazing it is. And caved.
Which I am so glad I did. To me it smells like a coffee cake (never a bad thing), and tastes like those cakes that used to be at every birthday party you’d go to in elementary school (Never Ever a bad thing). I have celiac so not only is this a great tea in its own right but it also lets me enjoy the old tastes of my childhood.

• as an important side note to other celiacs, If you are really strict about your diet I don’t know if the sprinkles Davids uses are gluten free, I took the chance because I know a lot made in North America are now, and I’m not as strict as I should be, but you may want to look into it.
200 °F / 93 °C

I’m not a huge roobios fan, but i figured since its tea that smelled exactly like a cake I had to try it. Surprisingly it’s not overpoweringly sweet and it’s amazing. I think I should reconsider roobios teas because of this one. I’ll definitely pick up 100g of it when I run out.

so yummy!! and so cute to look at :)

My initial impression from the dry leaf smell was that this was going to be too sickly sweet – happily, that is not the case. It’s the right blend of rooibos and sweet stuff. I am totally enamoured with sweet, sprinkle-tastic teas but if that’s not your cup of tea steer clear of this one.

Well…not very good. I’m surprised at the high ratings. This is bland, flavorless, and boring. Birthday cake is NOT the right name. It’s just an essence, not the true thing. I will not be repurchasing this. Ever.

Flavors: Cake, Coffee, Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It’s not even my birthday, but this tea makes it feel like it is. I found just enough for one steep left in an old bag from two years ago and drank this after dinner. I love the caramel taste!

Flavors: Caramel, Vanilla

Chris Coppens

You can make any day your birthday with birthday cake tea!

I had this tea this morning – I was very excited when I bought it yesterday because it smelled delicious and looked so fun. However, I am left kind of disappointed by the taste – it is almost a movie theater, chemical butter note that I got from it. I feel it needs less butter, more sweet, creamy vanilla in it. I don’t think I will be repurchasing this.

Flavors: Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Cake, Vanilla

Was expecting this to be amazing since creme caramel was so delicious last night. This was just ok, smells cakey and sweet, but the flavours were quite light. I do like it if i was in the mood for a more basic rooibos with a hint of vanilla.