Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Maple Syrup, Sweet, Vanilla, Cake, Brown Sugar, Cookie, Frosting, Maple, Pancake Syrup, Rooibos, Sugar, Sugarcane, Candy, Caramel, Cheesecake, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Coffee, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I have fallen in love with this tea all over again… as a latte! I’m amazed at how good this is as a latte. I love adding a bit of agave to it, even though it doesn’t really need it, but I find that I love sweet lattes.

Anyways, highly recommend. So yummy

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, so good!

So I tried this for the first time today, and I have mixed feelings about it. I think mostly they’re due to the service I got from David’s, so I don’t want to give the tea itself a bad rating due to bad service because it IS a really nice snack tea, but hopefully the next time I try some it’ll be better because I’m always a rooibos fan.

I went to the DT by my campus after class and picked up a specialty tin of The Skinny and a cup of Birthday Cake to go. I had a bit of a wait before I got my tea (and the employees kept leaving while I was getting everything and paying), but after I got my cup to go and had waited a bit for it to cool down I tried a sip and there was loose rooibos everywhere. So I opened the lid and sure enough, the tea bag had either ripped or not been sealed properly and it was everywhere. I decided to wait to try it until I got home and pour it into one of my mugs with a filter, since it was only a short subway ride, but I was really disappointed with the service.

The tea itself, as I said, makes for an excellent snack tea. It’s very sugary sweet (I had mine with a little bit of agave as well) and the flavouring in the tea comes out more than the rooibos/honeybush. I’m tending to side eye the prevelance of artificial flavours that David’s is relying on for their newer blenders these days, so I don’t think this’ll be something I’ll have too often, but it tastes like it sounds and is definitely a cake tea.

8 min or more

Here’s a secret that I try to hide from other tea lovers: I don’t really like rooibos teas, sometimes their smells will trick me into buying them (see: calming wellness tea from Teaopia that I ended up giving to my mother, and Orange Truffle from Teaopia, which I do enjoy drinking, but only when I’m sick) but at the end of the day they just aren’t my thing.
When I went to DT today (making a Happy Easter even happier) I had a list of their spiring teas I planned to stock up on, and this was not on my list. Actually it was on my “don’t accidentally purchase it because it says cake” list, and yes that was a category on my list. But then I smelled it. And saw the colourful sprinkles. And heard the girls in the shop talk about how amazing it is. And caved.
Which I am so glad I did. To me it smells like a coffee cake (never a bad thing), and tastes like those cakes that used to be at every birthday party you’d go to in elementary school (Never Ever a bad thing). I have celiac so not only is this a great tea in its own right but it also lets me enjoy the old tastes of my childhood.

• as an important side note to other celiacs, If you are really strict about your diet I don’t know if the sprinkles Davids uses are gluten free, I took the chance because I know a lot made in North America are now, and I’m not as strict as I should be, but you may want to look into it.
200 °F / 93 °C

I’m not a huge roobios fan, but i figured since its tea that smelled exactly like a cake I had to try it. Surprisingly it’s not overpoweringly sweet and it’s amazing. I think I should reconsider roobios teas because of this one. I’ll definitely pick up 100g of it when I run out.

so yummy!! and so cute to look at :)

So I made a latte with this, some toasted sesame seeds, and some of Teavana’s Tropical Nut Paradise that I’m trying to use up because I don’t like it all that much. It was AMAZING! Sweet, creamy, nutty, mapley goodness. Since this seems to blend well and make such an amazing latte, I’m bumping up the rating.

I can’t. I just can’t. I wanted to like it. It smells divine when I sniff the dry blend. But after steeping, all I really smell is an overpowering scent of maple syrup. Yes. There isn’t any in the ingredients, but I still smell it. In fact, the entire office smelled it. It also has a certainly oiliness to it when I drink it. No, just no.

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Sweet, Vanilla

Sometimes, like now, I crave this one. Yes, yes, it is not the most natural tasting tea in the world, but that thick vanilla thing held up on a barely detectable rooibos base is pretty stellar with milk or as a latte. A great tea when it late and it has been a hard day.

Absolutely fab for what it is. And the sprinkles make me happy.

Flavors: Cake, Vanilla

Plunkybug

I love making “Oh Canada” into an iced tea strength, and adding a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk before the ice. So yummy.

TeaNTees

Still have yet to try this one! Shocking, I know.

Evol Ving Ness

Oooh, Plunkybug, that sounds delicious!

apieceofquiche

I’m not a rooibos fan, but I really like this one cold-steeped in almond milk. It tastes like melted ice cream to me.

I wanted to love this tea – is has sprinkles in it! And I love sweet things… but this is just too funky for me.

All rooibos tea tends to taste similar to me, and the smells are alike too. I’ve compared this blend to Red Velvet Cake in a different tasting note. It’s a nice, sweet tea. The sight of the melting sprinkles isn’t very appealing, and this is the greasiest tea that I’ve ever prepared. However, taste is more important than sight in this case. Surprisingly, I enjoy this tea more once it’s cooled down, rather than extra hot.

Flavors: Cake