Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Cake, Sweet, Vanilla, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Rooibos, Coffee, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Maple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sooooo good. Really birthday cakey, this is the tea that made me actually enjoy rooibos.

Flavors: Almond, Rooibos, Vanilla

Oh, birthday cake. I initially gave you an 80 rating. I loved you as an occasional dessert tea until last night, when I left you to cool while I was folding laundry and came back to a gross white ring around the surface of my cup. I took a sip anyway, because you smelled so great, but I was hit with an oily/salty combination that was so, so gross. I woke up today, had another tea, and I STILL cannot get that disgusting taste out of my head. I think it may just be because I forgot and let my cup of tea cool completely, so the ice cream bits or something congealed… tea should not clump up like that on the sides. I want to hope it was just a soapy mug or something but I don’t think that was the case. It was nasty. I will be adventurous and finish my bag, but I will NOT let it cool as much and I won’t be buying a tin any time soon.

Well…not very good. I’m surprised at the high ratings. This is bland, flavorless, and boring. Birthday cake is NOT the right name. It’s just an essence, not the true thing. I will not be repurchasing this. Ever.

Flavors: Cake, Coffee, Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It’s not even my birthday, but this tea makes it feel like it is. I found just enough for one steep left in an old bag from two years ago and drank this after dinner. I love the caramel taste!

Flavors: Caramel, Vanilla

Chris Coppens

You can make any day your birthday with birthday cake tea!

I had this tea this morning – I was very excited when I bought it yesterday because it smelled delicious and looked so fun. However, I am left kind of disappointed by the taste – it is almost a movie theater, chemical butter note that I got from it. I feel it needs less butter, more sweet, creamy vanilla in it. I don’t think I will be repurchasing this.

Flavors: Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Cake, Vanilla

Was expecting this to be amazing since creme caramel was so delicious last night. This was just ok, smells cakey and sweet, but the flavours were quite light. I do like it if i was in the mood for a more basic rooibos with a hint of vanilla.

Yum! So very accurately named. Sweet enough on its own I think I could have done without my standard addition of honey. Oh well. I’ll know for next time! Cakey vanilla-y goodness, really nothing more to be said, it’s tasty! I actually finished this sample a couple days ago, which is unfortunate because now I won’t have any left for my actual birthday. Bummer. Definitely something I can see myself buying in the near-ish future though.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

So I started some holiday baking tonight and I figured this was the most appropriate tea to drink while doing so. Hoping maybe it would stop me from eating cookie dough… but come on thats one of the best parts of baking, eating while you do so :P

As for this tea, well I’m currently on my third cup of this tonight… Easy to say this is one of my ultimate favourites. Cake in a cup! Nothing gets better than that. It literally tastes just like a cupcake, delicious!

Flavors: Cake, Creamy, Vanilla

Ost

This tea + Cookie Dough sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Megan Low

So delicious! I think its going to be my go-to baking tea from now on :P

Day #11 of tea – Dessert for breakfast today, haha. This is very, very sweet, and reminds me of Red Velvet Cake. Not surprisingly, since this is another cake tea. I’m not sure which one I like better (I had to ad milk to this one to distract from the rooibos taste), but I’m reminded that while these types of teas are tasty after the first few sips, they do become almost too sickly sweet for me to enjoy properly. I think this has proven to me yet again that I prefer my teas a little more tart.

While quite delicious at first after about 2/3 the way through the mug I decided I had enough. It does taste exactly like vanilla cake, and maybe a little hint of ice cream to me on first sip but it was the slight cinnamon taste after that turned me from it. I will continue to drink it but don’t know if I would buy more, I’m not a cinnamon kind of gal! Defiantly did do the trick and warm me up on a cold day which was exactly what I wanted

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla