Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Cake, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Rooibos, Coffee, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Maple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I only drink this cold steeped in almond milk, and I find it legit tastes like crème anglaise. It’s absurdly delicious, and I’m glad that there’s one or two rooibos blends from DT that I actually enjoy.

Very good! I like it a lot. However, the aroma is quite artificial so I don’t think I’ll buy it regularly. Actually, the list of ingredients is surprisingly artificial. I still like the nice little vanilla-caramel taste of that rooibos.

Flavors: Vanilla

Super yummy, it’s definitely a rooibos. If Rooibos teas bother you, I’d say this one woudn’t be an exception.

I mostly taste caramel and maple in this tea, slightly creamy. Doesn’t burn easily nor does it oversteep easily. Great dessert tea, makes your whole room smell of maple.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was one of the first teas I bought while learning about DAVIDsTEA. I bought a 50g bag and came home to drink 3/4 of it before realizing that it is better as a tea latte. I forgot this while brewing my nightly pot this evening and just served it hot with milk and agave.

Birthday Cake is a sweet, dessert tea that is a calorie-friendly alternative to the mug of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream I planned on having ;)

This is a nice tea to have in my cupboard – a lot of people enjoy the smell, although I personally think it smells better than it tastes (even with sugar and milk).

Flavors: Cake, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML
Kristal

Whenever I go to the mall (which isn’t too often) I always get a birthday cake latté as a little treat :)

meakbot

Tea lattes are such a nice little pick-me-up! Every time I go to the mall I always spend $25 at DT and then don’t want to buy a $5 latte… I’m the worst.

Kristal

I totally hear you. Last time I was at the mall I spent around $60 on 14 different kinds of tea from there (only 10-26 grams of each tea though!) and thus I resisted the temptation to spend another $4.50 for a latté. Would have been nice though. Oh well.

Sooooo good. Really birthday cakey, this is the tea that made me actually enjoy rooibos.

Flavors: Almond, Rooibos, Vanilla

Oh, birthday cake. I initially gave you an 80 rating. I loved you as an occasional dessert tea until last night, when I left you to cool while I was folding laundry and came back to a gross white ring around the surface of my cup. I took a sip anyway, because you smelled so great, but I was hit with an oily/salty combination that was so, so gross. I woke up today, had another tea, and I STILL cannot get that disgusting taste out of my head. I think it may just be because I forgot and let my cup of tea cool completely, so the ice cream bits or something congealed… tea should not clump up like that on the sides. I want to hope it was just a soapy mug or something but I don’t think that was the case. It was nasty. I will be adventurous and finish my bag, but I will NOT let it cool as much and I won’t be buying a tin any time soon.

Well…not very good. I’m surprised at the high ratings. This is bland, flavorless, and boring. Birthday cake is NOT the right name. It’s just an essence, not the true thing. I will not be repurchasing this. Ever.

Flavors: Cake, Coffee, Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It’s not even my birthday, but this tea makes it feel like it is. I found just enough for one steep left in an old bag from two years ago and drank this after dinner. I love the caramel taste!

Flavors: Caramel, Vanilla

Chris Coppens

You can make any day your birthday with birthday cake tea!

I had this tea this morning – I was very excited when I bought it yesterday because it smelled delicious and looked so fun. However, I am left kind of disappointed by the taste – it is almost a movie theater, chemical butter note that I got from it. I feel it needs less butter, more sweet, creamy vanilla in it. I don’t think I will be repurchasing this.

Flavors: Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Cake, Vanilla

Was expecting this to be amazing since creme caramel was so delicious last night. This was just ok, smells cakey and sweet, but the flavours were quite light. I do like it if i was in the mood for a more basic rooibos with a hint of vanilla.