Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Maple Syrup, Sweet, Vanilla, Cake, Brown Sugar, Cookie, Frosting, Maple, Pancake Syrup, Rooibos, Sugar, Sugarcane, Candy, Caramel, Cheesecake, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Coffee, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just sat down with a cup of this tea. Another one of the samples I got from the sample pack over Christmas 2015. Hooked instantly, so comforting.

This tea is super sweet. I love the cake-y deliciousness. My teenage sister (who is more addicted to sweets than I am) adores this tea and likes being able to participate in “having tea” with the ladies. I think this is a good introduction tea for children as well. They might appreciate the sweetness a bit more than older adults.

The David’s order arrived! I first tried this in a sampler, and despite my emphatic no-rooibos policy, I liked it so much I ordered an entire rainbow tin. You can’t taste the rooibos at all, just decadent buttery frosted cake. It’s kind of over the top, but every once in awhile it’s nice to have something that just tastes fun.

I hadn’t had this in years but I got a free tin as part of a sale, and I’m glad I did. I made this as a latte with sweetened condensed milk and it was just heavenly – very sweet, borderline syrupy and deliciously cakey. Definitely lives up to its name. <3

Flavors: Cake, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Kristal

love, love this as a latte.

This taste like pure vanilla topped with candy and more vanilla. It’s great, really sweet, and might hit the spot if it’s just what you’re looking for :)

I’ve had this sample in my cupboard for an embarrassing number of years. I’m craving something sugary sweet and terrible for me, so I opted for this tea instead of the real thing. The flavor is vanilla and cake. The rooibos is pretty tame, which is good for me because I’m not a rooibos fan. The base is probably why I’ve avoided this tea for so long.

I added a bit of Truvia and now it is a real cake-y dream tea. Ohhh yeaaah! This is like liquid cake batter! I’m so glad I can enjoy this calorie-free, guilt-free tea to satisfy my craving. Yum yum yum! I’ve been all about the dessert teas lately and this is perfection.

Flavors: Cake, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Fjellrev

I would probably have this more often if it weren’t for the base!

CHAroma

The base really isn’t bad! And I normally really dislike both honeybush & red rooibos. I like that it’s caffeine-free. Most dessert teas use a black base and while that tastes great, it’s not conducive to late night drinking.

Fjellrev

I agree that it’s pretty good considering it’s a rooibos, as I also don’t care for it, normally. But I wonder how it would fare with green rooibos instead? Either way, I looooove the maple icing flavour in this. :D

Kristal

One of my favorite teas to make a lattee out of :)

I only drink this cold steeped in almond milk, and I find it legit tastes like crème anglaise. It’s absurdly delicious, and I’m glad that there’s one or two rooibos blends from DT that I actually enjoy.

Very good! I like it a lot. However, the aroma is quite artificial so I don’t think I’ll buy it regularly. Actually, the list of ingredients is surprisingly artificial. I still like the nice little vanilla-caramel taste of that rooibos.

Flavors: Vanilla

Super yummy, it’s definitely a rooibos. If Rooibos teas bother you, I’d say this one woudn’t be an exception.

I mostly taste caramel and maple in this tea, slightly creamy. Doesn’t burn easily nor does it oversteep easily. Great dessert tea, makes your whole room smell of maple.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was one of the first teas I bought while learning about DAVIDsTEA. I bought a 50g bag and came home to drink 3/4 of it before realizing that it is better as a tea latte. I forgot this while brewing my nightly pot this evening and just served it hot with milk and agave.

Birthday Cake is a sweet, dessert tea that is a calorie-friendly alternative to the mug of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream I planned on having ;)

This is a nice tea to have in my cupboard – a lot of people enjoy the smell, although I personally think it smells better than it tastes (even with sugar and milk).

Flavors: Cake, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML
Kristal

Whenever I go to the mall (which isn’t too often) I always get a birthday cake latté as a little treat :)

meakbot

Tea lattes are such a nice little pick-me-up! Every time I go to the mall I always spend $25 at DT and then don’t want to buy a $5 latte… I’m the worst.

Kristal

I totally hear you. Last time I was at the mall I spent around $60 on 14 different kinds of tea from there (only 10-26 grams of each tea though!) and thus I resisted the temptation to spend another $4.50 for a latté. Would have been nice though. Oh well.