Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Cake, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Rooibos, Coffee, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Maple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yum! So very accurately named. Sweet enough on its own I think I could have done without my standard addition of honey. Oh well. I’ll know for next time! Cakey vanilla-y goodness, really nothing more to be said, it’s tasty! I actually finished this sample a couple days ago, which is unfortunate because now I won’t have any left for my actual birthday. Bummer. Definitely something I can see myself buying in the near-ish future though.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

So I started some holiday baking tonight and I figured this was the most appropriate tea to drink while doing so. Hoping maybe it would stop me from eating cookie dough… but come on thats one of the best parts of baking, eating while you do so :P

As for this tea, well I’m currently on my third cup of this tonight… Easy to say this is one of my ultimate favourites. Cake in a cup! Nothing gets better than that. It literally tastes just like a cupcake, delicious!

Flavors: Cake, Creamy, Vanilla

Ost

This tea + Cookie Dough sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Megan Low

So delicious! I think its going to be my go-to baking tea from now on :P

Day #11 of tea – Dessert for breakfast today, haha. This is very, very sweet, and reminds me of Red Velvet Cake. Not surprisingly, since this is another cake tea. I’m not sure which one I like better (I had to ad milk to this one to distract from the rooibos taste), but I’m reminded that while these types of teas are tasty after the first few sips, they do become almost too sickly sweet for me to enjoy properly. I think this has proven to me yet again that I prefer my teas a little more tart.

While quite delicious at first after about 2/3 the way through the mug I decided I had enough. It does taste exactly like vanilla cake, and maybe a little hint of ice cream to me on first sip but it was the slight cinnamon taste after that turned me from it. I will continue to drink it but don’t know if I would buy more, I’m not a cinnamon kind of gal! Defiantly did do the trick and warm me up on a cold day which was exactly what I wanted

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

1 tsp 0 OZ / 0 ML

This was my first cup of the day because….there’s really no better day to tryallthebirthdayteas than on your birthday :) This being the first I tried, it was hard to compare it to others. All I knew was that it wasn’t nearly as sweet as I’d expected it would be. I also felt that it captured the buttercream taste quite well. So glad NayLynn sent me a sample of this to try!

Flavors: Butter, Cream

Marzipan

Happy birthday!

The Cookie Lady

Jennkay

Happy birthday! :)

I love the smell of this tea, it’s almost good enough to eat (in fact I may have snuck a sugar sprinkle or two). It’s not bad at all for a flavoured blend and I really get a strong vanilla cake-batter flavour. A bit artificial? Well yes, but lets be real I didn’t buy a tea called ‘Birthday Cake’ and filled with rainbow-coloured sprinkles so I could get the same nuanced experience as I would with a FTGFOP Darjeeling 1st flush. What this blend is is a fun, tasty tea that makes a good substitute for a calorie-laden dessert.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

THIS TEA IS THE BEST TEA I HAVE EVER TASTED. SMELLS LIKE VANILLA PUDDING AND TASTES LIKE SPRINKLES

Flavors: Maple, Vanilla

I’m not a huge dessert tea person – but this is a good tea when you want something sweet. It tastes a lot like a vanilla cupcake and the sprinkles in the tea are adorable :) I don’t sweeten this tea and sometimes add milk. This is on my list to try as a latté!

Sometimes people with a tendency to commit great acts of derp should not be allowed in the kitchen. I was hit with the baking itch this evening and decided to try my hand at some bread, two quick breads and one crock pot bread. The first bread is a cheesy bread, I pulled it out of the oven and noticed it was awfully flat, after removing it from the pan and slicing it I noticed it was not a loaf of bread but a cheese flavored brick. Turns out I completely skimmed over the ‘baking powder’ line in the ingredients list, it tastes ok (a little sweet) but the texture is so dense. Luckily my almond poppy bread is delicious, and so far the crock pot bread is looking ok, but I am so sad about the cheese fail.

Today’s tea is Birthday Cake by DAVIDsTEA, a blend of Red and Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Sprinkles, Ice Cream Bits, and Natural and Artificial Flavoring. Tea that has sprinkles makes me happy, I mean how can it not? Sprinkles are awesome, I may have been guilty of eating more sprinkles than is necessarily healthy when I worked at an ice cream shop as a teenager. The aroma of this cake is intensely sweet! There are strong notes of cake batter, vanilla, and a hint of cocoa. Under this explosion of cake and sweetness is a really strong note of woodiness from the Rooibos and Honeybush, it is almost like sitting at a table and having a slice of cake with ice cream and sitting next to it is a cup of Rooibos tea.

Giving this cake themed tea a good steeping, the aroma of the wet leaves went from being mostly sweet and cake like to a more even blend of cake batter, ice cream and woodiness. The liquid is very woody! There are also notes of cake batter and honey, but mostly it is fairly dry wood.

Tasting time…perhaps I should have some birthday candles lit to commemorate the theme of the tea. The taste starts out very woody and dry, but also a little waxy from the sprinkles. After the initial woodiness the taste fades to vanilla liqueur and a touch of cake batter sweetness. I found the cake taste from the aroma of the dry leaves has mostly vanished, but what is left is not unpleasant. It is not a bad tea, but it is not one of my favorites.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/07/davidstea-birthday-cake-tea-review.html

crock pot bread… interesting..

Nicole

“commit great acts of derp”… that describes many of my kitchen adventures. :)

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Oh mine too, I am just so bad at cooking and only moderately skilled at baking. My friends and family who are excellent at it just tell me I need more practice…I am not sure it is just that!

Cue the music…. “I’ll give you a taste, make it like your birthday everyday”. I think those Katy Perry lyrics really depicts how this blend tastes, KIDDING! But let me tell you, I actually really like this blend a lot. It does taste like birthday cake, you can actually taste those little notes of cake batter and that makes it so much more festive and enjoyable to drink. It does taste very similar to the Red Velvet Cake actually, so it is a good caffeine-free alternative if you like that blend (Personally I love both of them). I didn’t buy this blend until this summer (which is quite odd because it’s Iced tea season for me now..) and I decided to be a little adventurous and try this iced. I was pleasantly surprised…in a good way…. because it tastes absolutely amazing! It definitely doesn’t have the birthday cake flavour when it is iced (presumably because of the dilution of the ice…duh?) but it does taste like sweet tea you get from the U.S (which I actually love so much) or if you are familiar with the big Arizona Iced tea cans, it tastes just like the sweet tea flavour. So good.