Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Maple, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Rooibos, Caramel, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1771 tasting notes
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1877 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1420 tasting notes
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday...which is Saturday...I'm not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This looks and smells so yummy…even dry…I smell white cake and maple syrup.
So, the sweet cake iness of this blows me away.
I was sure I had reviewed this once before, But I cannot find it.
I remember the first time I had tried this, I was blown away as well
I have never tried Oh Canada, so I have never had a tea like this.
I read one review that said this tasted like every other vanilla tea…
Au contrare…I taste the honey, maple syrup, creamy richness…mmm…
Most of all, I taste a Big white cupcake with frosting and sprinkles and No,
It is not my birthday, but it feels like it.
Thanks Alex :-)

It’s nowhere near my birthday, but I wanted something sweet! Lately I’ve been realizing that I don’t have many caffeine-free or dessert-like teas in my cupboard. So tonight I went to the closest David’s and got a cup of this to go, as well as their “sweet indulgence” box, which contains 12 examples of sweet/dessert teas.

This tea really does taste like cake! It was a bit plain because I didn’t ask for a lot of agave nectar in the mix (just enough to give a bit of sweetness), but the vanilla/honey flavour is very true to the taste of real cake.

For a long time when I thought of rooibos tea, I thought of the taste of pine resin. But it’s teas like this that are slowly winning me over – I’m seeing how how versatile rooibos is to carry and enhance sweet flavours. :-)

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Vanilla

Indigobloom

Agreed on the rooibos dessert teas!! I love the ones with a honeybush base. So much yum

Would have liked a stronger cake flavor…perhaps I’m brewing this wrong? Next time will add more to tea bag. But love the idea of a cup of cake!

190 °F / 87 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
JustJames

i just like the idea of anything dr who in my tea cup, lol.

Sip down! I got this tea back in May and, although I really enjoyed it at first, my palate has changed a bit to prefer spicier teas rather than sweet. That being said, I looked in my tea stash at work today and saw I had enough left for one more cup so I thought I’d finish it off. This tea is definitely very sweet and I kind of feel like I’m drinking a liquefied caramel. It’s not my favorite tea, and I probably won’t be purchasing it again, but I’m glad I tried it!

Im not a person who like rooibos, but I do enjoy this tea! However, I do not drink this tea on a regular occurrence. This is my go to tea when I’m c raving something exceptionally sweet. I don’t know if I would say this tastes like a piece of birthday cake though. I tastes very creamy, sweet and vanilla. It does have a slightly artificial taste, so be warned.

When I make this, it is hot with a bit extra sweetner than a normal person would put in… sweet tooth cravings are some serious business!

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

The smell of this tea is sickeningly sweet, but don’t let that put you off, It tastes much better than it smells. It tastes like vanilla birthday cake. I don’t know if I would keep it on hand, it is not a favorite, but I would enjoy it once every week or two, much the same as I would only enjoy real birthday cake every once in a while.

I received a lovely rainbow tin of Birthday Cake as a Christmas present, and it makes me ever so happy.

Dry: smells really strong, and really sweet, like vanilla icing

Steeped: smells strongly, coworkers said like maple, or something else sweet. Tastes sweet, but not too sweet, and quite like a vanilla cake. An excellent way to start what may be a long day! Coworkers kept commenting how good I was making the room smell as well.

2nd steep: both smell and flavour not as intense, need to steep quite a bit longer for similar amounts of flavour.

I like this tea, but I wanted to like it more. I love sugar and sweet things, nothing is too sweet for me. However, when you take a smell of this tea it is really strong. Not necessarily a really strong sweet smell…. There is something else there that just smells .. Offensive. As in, smelled it early in the morning and gagged :( has anyone else noticed this? after brewing it though, it tastes pretty good. Not too extremely strong or sweet and that offending smell isn’t there in the taste. I wish I knew what it was? My boyfriend thought there was a weird smell too ….

Also, I ordered this tea in the rainbow tin collection, emptied the bag into the canister. I can smell this tea from outside of the closed tea cupboard. A little afraid the scent is going to permeate other teas?

The name of this tea fits perfectly. It tastes like a delicious vanilla birthday cake. As a result, it is a VERY sweet roobios tea. I love it for dessert when I’m craving something sweet but it’s a little much for an every day thing. I do keep it in stock at all times because when I do drink it I absolutely love it.
The one downside is I think the freeze dried ice cream bits leave a really sticky film in my steeper and cup so you have to wash out everything fairly well afterwards.

I feel like I’m the only one who found that this didn’t really have much taste… I generally love sweet teas but I just find that this one was kind of bland! Call me crazy… I’ll have to try it again to figure it out. Can anyone recommend what sweetner is the best with it? Sugar, stevia, honey, agave……?!

Boiling 8 min or more