Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cake, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Sweet, Almond, Rooibos, Vanilla, Coffee, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Maple
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t know how I feel about this one. I added some splenda. I don’t know if I am tasting the splenda or the tea. There wasn’t anything special about it before the addition. I guess I am getting a little cake out of it. I have enough for another cup at some point. Does anyone have suggestions on how they usually prepare this to get the best taste?

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
keychange

apparently this tea is a miracle as a cold brew.

Kayla

Thanks! I don’t have enough to do the “double leaf over ice”. Is there any sort of leaf to water ratio to putting it in a jug in the fridge?

My room mate and I picked up a few teas at David’s this afternoon and this was first up on our to drink list and has been on my to buy list for about a month but I never seem to make it out to David’s Tea nearly as often as I’d like . They first brew I did of the tea was a bit on the week side. However after a second brew with more leaves and a longer steep time my opinion of it greatly improved. It was sweet and aromatic and tasted like creamy vanilla frosting. I have been disappointed recently with two of the vanilla teas I purchased but this was the right amount of sweet I was looking for. Not to mention it’s caffiene free status as a rooibos makes it an excellent treat before bed and the sprinkles make it fun even if they leave tye-dye splotches on the grating of my infuser.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

You can’t go without a smile when preparing tea with sprinkles in it. It’s colourful and fun, I’ll say that for sure. However, it tastes more mapley than cakey in any way. It’s certainly not bad, and it’s fun and festive. However, DAVIDsTEA seems to be stuck on mapley tastes with its dessert teas, and it does sometimes get in the way of their fun names and trying to find good and different tastes.

This looks and smells so yummy…even dry…I smell white cake and maple syrup.
So, the sweet cake iness of this blows me away.
I was sure I had reviewed this once before, But I cannot find it.
I remember the first time I had tried this, I was blown away as well
I have never tried Oh Canada, so I have never had a tea like this.
I read one review that said this tasted like every other vanilla tea…
Au contrare…I taste the honey, maple syrup, creamy richness…mmm…
Most of all, I taste a Big white cupcake with frosting and sprinkles and No,
It is not my birthday, but it feels like it.
Thanks Alex :-)

Sipdown!

Many thanks to VariaTEA sending me a little bit of this to try.

I was really craving something desserty tonight, but since I had DT’s Carrot Cake a few nights ago I had only enough of Birthday Cake for 1 or 2 big mugs, BC would be perfect.

I slightly overleafed, though, just to use it all up.

Smells like maple, a tiny bit! Definitely getting that sweet vanilla cake flavour, though. And of course, I added a little bit of agave nectar to this.

Would have liked a stronger cake flavor…perhaps I’m brewing this wrong? Next time will add more to tea bag. But love the idea of a cup of cake!

190 °F / 87 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
JustJames

i just like the idea of anything dr who in my tea cup, lol.

Sip down! I got this tea back in May and, although I really enjoyed it at first, my palate has changed a bit to prefer spicier teas rather than sweet. That being said, I looked in my tea stash at work today and saw I had enough left for one more cup so I thought I’d finish it off. This tea is definitely very sweet and I kind of feel like I’m drinking a liquefied caramel. It’s not my favorite tea, and I probably won’t be purchasing it again, but I’m glad I tried it!

Im not a person who like rooibos, but I do enjoy this tea! However, I do not drink this tea on a regular occurrence. This is my go to tea when I’m c raving something exceptionally sweet. I don’t know if I would say this tastes like a piece of birthday cake though. I tastes very creamy, sweet and vanilla. It does have a slightly artificial taste, so be warned.

When I make this, it is hot with a bit extra sweetner than a normal person would put in… sweet tooth cravings are some serious business!

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

The smell of this tea is sickeningly sweet, but don’t let that put you off, It tastes much better than it smells. It tastes like vanilla birthday cake. I don’t know if I would keep it on hand, it is not a favorite, but I would enjoy it once every week or two, much the same as I would only enjoy real birthday cake every once in a while.

I received a lovely rainbow tin of Birthday Cake as a Christmas present, and it makes me ever so happy.

Dry: smells really strong, and really sweet, like vanilla icing

Steeped: smells strongly, coworkers said like maple, or something else sweet. Tastes sweet, but not too sweet, and quite like a vanilla cake. An excellent way to start what may be a long day! Coworkers kept commenting how good I was making the room smell as well.

2nd steep: both smell and flavour not as intense, need to steep quite a bit longer for similar amounts of flavour.