Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Cake, Sweet, Vanilla, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Rooibos, Coffee, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Maple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Backlogging from last night. Wow, this is sweet! Has a very strong sugary/mapley smell. The taste is pretty close to the description: vanilla icing and sugar. Substituted this instead of some sorbet for dessert last night and it definitely quelled the sweet craving.

2 teaspoons and a little vanilla half and half.

I thought I read somewhere on here that this was like vanilla icing when you cold-steeped it. I tried it, and it didn’t work out. It tastes too medicinal, which is such a bummer. I guess I’ll have to stick to enjoying this one hot.

This tea is one of the guilty pleasures, the idea of adding ice cream (freeze dried or otherwise) just seems so wrong and yet it tastes so right! It’s just like drinking a hot mug of birthday cake, for better or for worse! The Rooibos is completely lost but one doesn’t sit down with a birthday cake tea actually looking for tea do they? It’s not something I could drink every day, but when that sugar craving hits and I have to have some sweet sin this hits the spot!

I try to lose weight but cake gets in the way! Problem solved! This is delicious and fun.

EDIT: Ok, so I had time to get over my initial excitement, and have a few more cups of this tea…II took my time and actually let myself taste it to the fullest. I can definitely understand why people love it, but after tasting Oh Canada, Birthday Cake and Creme Brulee, I can say that they all taste relatively the same. And that is just a big turn off. I thought the odd taste in the Birthday Cake tea was just a fluke, but it is also present in the other ones I listed above. A smoky, harsh flavor that irritates my throat. Must be the rooibos. I no longer care for this one for that reason.

I don’t know how I feel about this one. I added some splenda. I don’t know if I am tasting the splenda or the tea. There wasn’t anything special about it before the addition. I guess I am getting a little cake out of it. I have enough for another cup at some point. Does anyone have suggestions on how they usually prepare this to get the best taste?

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
keychange

apparently this tea is a miracle as a cold brew.

Kayla

Thanks! I don’t have enough to do the “double leaf over ice”. Is there any sort of leaf to water ratio to putting it in a jug in the fridge?

My room mate and I picked up a few teas at David’s this afternoon and this was first up on our to drink list and has been on my to buy list for about a month but I never seem to make it out to David’s Tea nearly as often as I’d like . They first brew I did of the tea was a bit on the week side. However after a second brew with more leaves and a longer steep time my opinion of it greatly improved. It was sweet and aromatic and tasted like creamy vanilla frosting. I have been disappointed recently with two of the vanilla teas I purchased but this was the right amount of sweet I was looking for. Not to mention it’s caffiene free status as a rooibos makes it an excellent treat before bed and the sprinkles make it fun even if they leave tye-dye splotches on the grating of my infuser.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

You can’t go without a smile when preparing tea with sprinkles in it. It’s colourful and fun, I’ll say that for sure. However, it tastes more mapley than cakey in any way. It’s certainly not bad, and it’s fun and festive. However, DAVIDsTEA seems to be stuck on mapley tastes with its dessert teas, and it does sometimes get in the way of their fun names and trying to find good and different tastes.

This looks and smells so yummy…even dry…I smell white cake and maple syrup.
So, the sweet cake iness of this blows me away.
I was sure I had reviewed this once before, But I cannot find it.
I remember the first time I had tried this, I was blown away as well
I have never tried Oh Canada, so I have never had a tea like this.
I read one review that said this tasted like every other vanilla tea…
Au contrare…I taste the honey, maple syrup, creamy richness…mmm…
Most of all, I taste a Big white cupcake with frosting and sprinkles and No,
It is not my birthday, but it feels like it.
Thanks Alex :-)

Sipdown!

Many thanks to VariaTEA sending me a little bit of this to try.

I was really craving something desserty tonight, but since I had DT’s Carrot Cake a few nights ago I had only enough of Birthday Cake for 1 or 2 big mugs, BC would be perfect.

I slightly overleafed, though, just to use it all up.

Smells like maple, a tiny bit! Definitely getting that sweet vanilla cake flavour, though. And of course, I added a little bit of agave nectar to this.

Would have liked a stronger cake flavor…perhaps I’m brewing this wrong? Next time will add more to tea bag. But love the idea of a cup of cake!

190 °F / 87 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
JustJames

i just like the idea of anything dr who in my tea cup, lol.