Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Maple, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Rooibos, Caramel, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1819 tasting notes
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1885 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1425 tasting notes
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday...which is Saturday...I'm not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sweet, cake-like rooibos. Really, an ideal birthday gift for me. It may terrify regular rooibos drinkers, but I personally quite enjoy it. The sprinkles are so cute & tasty.

Mmmmm… I’m a huge fan of dessert teas and this one does not disappoint. I was looking for something sweet after a nice dinner and pulled this out of my basket! When you first open the bag, you immediately smell vanilla and cake and can see a rainbow of spinkles. It immediately put a smile on my face! Even my husband, who isn’t a tea drinker, was rather taken by the smell.

Once it’s done steeping, it still smells very sweet and cake-like. Drinking it tastes like vanilla and frosting. I get a hint of cake… but I wouldn’t say it’s exactly like cake, but hey it will be an excellent substitute when I want something sweet in no time flat.

It’s also my first experience with rooibos and honeybush, and I’m very pleased with the taste. I can’t believe I put off trying it for so long.

A ‘woe is me’ tea. I drink birthday cake when I’m feeling particularly piteous and hard-done-by and it always seems to make me feel better. It gives me a squeeze and says ‘oh Vanitea, your life is so hard – how DO you do it?’ Every once in a while we all need that kind of sympathy.

It has red and green rooibos, honeybush, sprinkles, ice cream bits (what on Earth?), natural and artificial flavoring.. It smells beautiful! I was stunned about the ice cream bits, but when it’s brewed they really make the tea have a creamy and smooth taste.

Rooibos teas all seem to have the same undertone, or background taste (in my opinion). Straight, plain, rooibos tastes great too, but the added flavoring and sprinkles makes this tea exceptional!

I don’t even know where to begin with describing this tea because “cake” is all that’s coming to me. That’s it. Cake. It’s tea that tastes like cake and frosting and it kicks my sweet tooth right into next Wednesday. When I remember that it’s rooibos then it becomes a bit odd because, well, for me rooibos leaves a funny aftertaste, but other than that it’s spot-on and wonderful.

Could be that it’s the sprinkles talking but shhh, just sip.

I like this, I don’t love it. I like a more complex vanilla flavor, and this tastes like box yellow cake…which is exactly what is promised, but I guess I expected something more sophisticated from the brand. It’s nice for something sweet for nighttime and it brews up pretty and red but it has the biggest throw of any tea I’ve ever brewed. I share a one bedroom with my better half and he can smell it brewing in the kitchen from the bedroom. It makes it a bit overwhelming and I can never quite finish a cup. The previous night’s leftovers are lovely the next morning over ice with a splash of milk but I’m still on the hunt for a perfect vanilla rooibos.

Mmmmm this was delicious! It smells like the graham cracker crust that my mom used to make – and tastes like it too! I tried it without anything added and wasn’t too impressed, but when I added milk and sugar it was wonderful. Will definitely get again!

Very delicious. Not so good as a latte though.

Boiling

This tea is so amazing! It tastes like a vanilla cake! Vanilla cake has never been my favourite but this tea is just so splendid!

If I were to use one word to describe this tea, it’d be: nauseating.

I was excited to try a sweet new dessert tea, and to be fair that is exactly what I got, except the sweetness was cranked up to the max. The pure sugary taste was actually very enjoyable at the first sip or two, but by the fourth and fifth sip I knew there was no way I could finish this cup.

Trying not to waste the 50g bag I bought, I tried mixing this with a scoop of orange pekoe. While that made it much more palatable, I can’t imagine finishing the entire bag.