Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cake, Creamy, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Butter, Cream, Maple, Rooibos, Caramel, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1619 tasting notes
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday...which is Saturday...I'm not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmmm this was delicious! It smells like the graham cracker crust that my mom used to make – and tastes like it too! I tried it without anything added and wasn’t too impressed, but when I added milk and sugar it was wonderful. Will definitely get again!

Very delicious. Not so good as a latte though.

Boiling

This tea is so amazing! It tastes like a vanilla cake! Vanilla cake has never been my favourite but this tea is just so splendid!

If I were to use one word to describe this tea, it’d be: nauseating.

I was excited to try a sweet new dessert tea, and to be fair that is exactly what I got, except the sweetness was cranked up to the max. The pure sugary taste was actually very enjoyable at the first sip or two, but by the fourth and fifth sip I knew there was no way I could finish this cup.

Trying not to waste the 50g bag I bought, I tried mixing this with a scoop of orange pekoe. While that made it much more palatable, I can’t imagine finishing the entire bag.

Just poured myself a cup of this great smelling tea. The dried leaves are so pretty with lots of colorful sprinkles. First sip: I can taste maple syrup.. I can also get some caramel flavor. I am happy that this tea does not taste dirty and woodsy as the rooibos. I was really put off rooibos from the Mint Chocolate from David’s Tea. As I keep sipping I can really only taste the maple syrup, which I don’t even know if it even has it as I don’t see this listed in the ingredients. I like it, the sweetness may help me fight my nighttime dessert cravings.

Veeeeeeery sweet. It has sprinkles in it! And ice cream! Reminds me vaguely of buttercream. There’s a definite cake-like accord here. A fun tea, for sure, but not the sort of thing I’d want to drink every day.

This was my very first tea from DAVIDs and I bought it on my birthday to boot. I was very surprised by it as I had it with my ice cream cake and it was just delightful in every way! It was a wonderful hot counterbalance to my cold cake and I honestly am reluctant to have it again unless there is cake beside me since I cannot imagine not pairing them together!

I will definitely be adding this to my cupboard… but only on my birthday ;)

I really wanted to like this one. Really, really. This tastes I guess more like a watered down Oh Canada. It really doesn’t have a stand out flavor. It’s not horrible, just not anything special

I love this tea! I always buy this tea again and again! The tea smells delicious and tastes delicious as well. Just think of a vanilla birthday cake with sprinkles, that’s how it is!

This tea was too mapley for me. It basically tasted like Oh Canada!, I was not impressed.