Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Maple, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Rooibos, Caramel, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Ok, so the tasting note for this is technically being posted AFTER my birthday has ended, but I did manage to squeak this cup in before the clock ticked midnight. Hooray! But yes, what better time...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1945 tasting notes
  • “This cooled quite a bit as I got distracted by Lupicia and other tea related things. Now I am sipping on this as I continue to watch Homeland. It is always a nice, pleasant cup. It is also one of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1932 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by MissB, I made myself a giant mug of this. Topped with maple whipped cream, of course, since I have SO MUCH of it in my fridge. My apartment smells like candy, and the tea tastes so...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1471 tasting notes
  • “sipping this delicious little treat while catching up on paperwork and anticipating my birtday...which is Saturday...I'm not the kind of person to try to keep their birthday quiet. Anyway, such a...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just poured myself a cup of this great smelling tea. The dried leaves are so pretty with lots of colorful sprinkles. First sip: I can taste maple syrup.. I can also get some caramel flavor. I am happy that this tea does not taste dirty and woodsy as the rooibos. I was really put off rooibos from the Mint Chocolate from David’s Tea. As I keep sipping I can really only taste the maple syrup, which I don’t even know if it even has it as I don’t see this listed in the ingredients. I like it, the sweetness may help me fight my nighttime dessert cravings.

Veeeeeeery sweet. It has sprinkles in it! And ice cream! Reminds me vaguely of buttercream. There’s a definite cake-like accord here. A fun tea, for sure, but not the sort of thing I’d want to drink every day.

This was my very first tea from DAVIDs and I bought it on my birthday to boot. I was very surprised by it as I had it with my ice cream cake and it was just delightful in every way! It was a wonderful hot counterbalance to my cold cake and I honestly am reluctant to have it again unless there is cake beside me since I cannot imagine not pairing them together!

I will definitely be adding this to my cupboard… but only on my birthday ;)

I really wanted to like this one. Really, really. This tastes I guess more like a watered down Oh Canada. It really doesn’t have a stand out flavor. It’s not horrible, just not anything special

I love this tea! I always buy this tea again and again! The tea smells delicious and tastes delicious as well. Just think of a vanilla birthday cake with sprinkles, that’s how it is!

This tea was too mapley for me. It basically tasted like Oh Canada!, I was not impressed.

This is a fun one to give for a birthday!

This is currently my favourite tea. I really enjoy sweet teas, and this one is warm, comforting, sweet & comfy. My go-to when I don’t know what else I’m in the mood to drink.

Birthday cake, I love anything that has to do with birthday cake! By itself, I don’t taste the birthday cake AS MUCH, but when I add milk and sweetener, it’s a different story. Hot, it tastes and smells like a yellow/white cake baking in an oven. Cold, it reminds me kind of like birthday cake ice cream. This tea oddly reminds me of the Oh Canada tea, it does have some sort of maple aftertaste, but I prefer this tea much better than Oh Canada. This cake tea works great as a dessert served as a latte, it’s very indulgent and even my little brother who is picky about anything loves this tea!

I bought this way back in April when it first launched. I got 100g tin before trying it which I guess i should have gotten less. At first the smell and taste was overwhelming. The taste seemed very artificial but I couldn’t figure out what it tasted like. When you brew this your whole room will smell like the tea. After a few more tries it grew on me and I now like it for the occasional cup with a bit of soy. I wish it was more natural and less artificial. If you love birthday cake and sprinkles and don’t mind artificial tasting tea, this tea is for you!