Birthday Cake

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Sprinkles
Cake, Sweet, Vanilla, Cream, Honey, Smooth, Almond, Rooibos, Coffee, Caramel, Anise, Butter, Butterscotch, Creamy, Cinnamon, Maple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

Party like it’s your birthday

What’s the best thing about birthdays? It could be the presents, or spending time with loved ones, but let’s be honest. It’s all about the cake. With vanilla icing, and lots of sprinkles. And this sweet and festive rooibos blend brings the taste of birthday cake to your cup any day of the year – sprinkles and all. Best of all, not only is it low in calories, it also has all the goodness of rooibos. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and eggs

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A ‘woe is me’ tea. I drink birthday cake when I’m feeling particularly piteous and hard-done-by and it always seems to make me feel better. It gives me a squeeze and says ‘oh Vanitea, your life is so hard – how DO you do it?’ Every once in a while we all need that kind of sympathy.

It has red and green rooibos, honeybush, sprinkles, ice cream bits (what on Earth?), natural and artificial flavoring.. It smells beautiful! I was stunned about the ice cream bits, but when it’s brewed they really make the tea have a creamy and smooth taste.

Rooibos teas all seem to have the same undertone, or background taste (in my opinion). Straight, plain, rooibos tastes great too, but the added flavoring and sprinkles makes this tea exceptional!

I like this, I don’t love it. I like a more complex vanilla flavor, and this tastes like box yellow cake…which is exactly what is promised, but I guess I expected something more sophisticated from the brand. It’s nice for something sweet for nighttime and it brews up pretty and red but it has the biggest throw of any tea I’ve ever brewed. I share a one bedroom with my better half and he can smell it brewing in the kitchen from the bedroom. It makes it a bit overwhelming and I can never quite finish a cup. The previous night’s leftovers are lovely the next morning over ice with a splash of milk but I’m still on the hunt for a perfect vanilla rooibos.

Mmmmm this was delicious! It smells like the graham cracker crust that my mom used to make – and tastes like it too! I tried it without anything added and wasn’t too impressed, but when I added milk and sugar it was wonderful. Will definitely get again!

Very delicious. Not so good as a latte though.

This tea is so amazing! It tastes like a vanilla cake! Vanilla cake has never been my favourite but this tea is just so splendid!

If I were to use one word to describe this tea, it’d be: nauseating.

I was excited to try a sweet new dessert tea, and to be fair that is exactly what I got, except the sweetness was cranked up to the max. The pure sugary taste was actually very enjoyable at the first sip or two, but by the fourth and fifth sip I knew there was no way I could finish this cup.

Trying not to waste the 50g bag I bought, I tried mixing this with a scoop of orange pekoe. While that made it much more palatable, I can’t imagine finishing the entire bag.

Just poured myself a cup of this great smelling tea. The dried leaves are so pretty with lots of colorful sprinkles. First sip: I can taste maple syrup.. I can also get some caramel flavor. I am happy that this tea does not taste dirty and woodsy as the rooibos. I was really put off rooibos from the Mint Chocolate from David’s Tea. As I keep sipping I can really only taste the maple syrup, which I don’t even know if it even has it as I don’t see this listed in the ingredients. I like it, the sweetness may help me fight my nighttime dessert cravings.

Veeeeeeery sweet. It has sprinkles in it! And ice cream! Reminds me vaguely of buttercream. There’s a definite cake-like accord here. A fun tea, for sure, but not the sort of thing I’d want to drink every day.

This was my very first tea from DAVIDs and I bought it on my birthday to boot. I was very surprised by it as I had it with my ice cream cake and it was just delightful in every way! It was a wonderful hot counterbalance to my cold cake and I honestly am reluctant to have it again unless there is cake beside me since I cannot imagine not pairing them together!

I will definitely be adding this to my cupboard… but only on my birthday ;)