Ice Cream Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Natural Flavours, Roasted Carob, Sprinkles, Vanilla, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Cream, Pancake Syrup, Sugar, Sweet, White Chocolate, Cake, Candy, Cocoa, Honey, Artificial
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “Basically this tea makes me want to smash keys at random because I lose the ability to do anything else after taking a sip. OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAH. It’s so creamy and I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1220 tasting notes
  • “I really want to eat some ice cream right now. So, what am I going to do? Drink ice cream cake tea! The dry leaves smell really weird. Like something sweet but in an artificial, chemically way. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 632 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Yeeaaahhh! It’s been too many tea-less days for me. Still not 100%, but throat is no longer rejecting tea, and I can, at least for now, still taste. Woo! So since this was the bottom...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3132 tasting notes
  • “The beau has been dying to brew some of this up, so I figured we’d give it a go. The first thing I noticed was a lot of “scum” on the top, likely from the chocolate, sprinkles and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Let them drink tea

Does life get any better than chocolate cake? Well…what about chocolate ice cream cake? It’s basically the king of desserts – rich, sweet and creamy. And with this decadent black tea blend, your favourite indulgence is just a sip away. It has everything you want in a dessert: white chocolate vanilla, carob, sprinkles, and little pieces of freeze-dried ice cream. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. And a cherry on top.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a really interesting blend. For once I don’t taste the bitterness from the black tea.

As many said, this tea does remind me of Neapolitan ice cream. There is definitely a lot of sweetness that comes from the tea itself, so don’t worry about adding sweetener to it.
The taste is much lighter than expected. From the dry notes in the bag I was expecting a large kick when I drank it, but it was nice that I didn’t have to worry about that this time (compared to Chocolate Cake…which really kicked me in the face!).

I have mixed feelings about this one. Maybe it’s the stevia or carob, but I think the combination of the two I just don’t like!

I like this one! Got to try this one from a friend who ordered it before it was sold out…(ALSO, it’s not even on the site anymore!!! Is it gone?) Anyway, I don’t really taste ice cream but I do like the flavour and the sweetness of this tea!

I had two cups of this this morning. It’s not too bad the second steep around.

I don’t LOVE this tea but I think it’s pretty good, even for something that already has sweetener in it. You can also smell it across the room, a kind of fruity, dessert-y smell.

First Tea today, had a craving for something sweet, this is a solid tea very sweet but a little too much stevia for my taste. You can really taste artificial sweetener and that is not my favorite flavor… once you get past that the tea is creamy in the mouth and tastes somewhat like ice cream, not bad but i probably wouldn’t buy it again though

ahh this one is so strange! i really can smell the chocolate, the vanilla and the strawberry all at once.
it smells milky, like ice cream, and a bit more toasty, which is probably coming from the black tea.
really interesting. everything combined makes it kind of a mash of flavours in your mouth, but it’s not bad.
the strawberry and chocolate go well with the vanilla coming along at the end. i find the sprinkles and stevia barely sweeten it at all, just a little hint to convince you it’s a desserty tea.
i did steep this using one of the DAVIDsTEA filter bags, which are really fine, so i didn’t get any ‘scumminess’ that some of the other reviews mention. and to be honest, i don’t really like to see those colourful sprinkles with all their colour oozing out as it steeps! so a bag is definitely the way to go for this tea, i think.
it’s very different! and i must say that after trying the Birthday Cake tea, i didn’t think i was going to like any of the other cake teas, but i think it was just that too-sweet rooibos. the black tea is definitely a good pairing for these flavours.
overall, i like it! a nice novelty tea to have around, i won’t stock up but i will probably get some more just to have :)

I’m normally skeptical about dessert teas as I find they taste very little like an actual dessert. However, I really really enjoy this Ice Cream Cake tea. It tastes like a cup of orange pekoe tea with milk and sugar mixed in. There is a natural sweetness and creaminess to it that perfectly balances with black tea base. Its relaxing and delicious and it actually satisfies the sugar craving (which is surprising). I bought a sample baggie, but I’m going to have to go back and buy a tin of it now. Its also fantastic iced.

Bought this for myself for my birthday almost two years ago. Had finished 50g within a month or two. I miss it. :(

VariaTEA

Perhaps someone has some that they would be willing to swap with you!! Don’t give up home, you might have it again :)

VariaTEA

Oh wow…I meant hope, although don’t give up your home either. I think it might be time for bed

A refreshing cool early autumn evening,all is still and serene for a Friday. So while listening to the nostalgic sounds of KSQM and reading through “Bel Ami” I chose this delicious offering. The flavors of the ice cream is really well emulated in the blend. The sweetness is not too overpowering and satisfies the craving for dessert without the added calories. The warm fragrance adds to the effect of the tea and subtly paints the picture of that slice of cake. It’s definitely a keeper for the sweet tooth. <3

This is bloody delicious! I wish I’d bought some when it was out, as it looks like it doesn’t exist anymore… :(

This tea is alright. I had my first sip and wasn’t overly impressed. I decided to add some agave and I found it better that way but it is still not my fav. Might have to try as an iced latte and see if it’s any better.

*Update: I tried this as an iced tea latte sweetened with agave and it was AWESOME!