Ice Cream Cake

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Basically this tea makes me want to smash keys at random because I lose the ability to do anything else after taking a sip. OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAH. It's so creamy and I get a lot of strawberry and...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “I really want to eat some ice cream right now. So, what am I going to do? Drink ice cream cake tea! The dry leaves smell really weird. Like something sweet but in an artificial, chemically...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 523 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Yeeaaahhh! It's been too many tea-less days for me. Still not 100%, but throat is no longer rejecting tea, and I can, at least for now, still taste. Woo! So since this was the bottom of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2273 tasting notes
  • “The beau has been dying to brew some of this up, so I figured we'd give it a go. The first thing I noticed was a lot of "scum" on the top, likely from the chocolate, sprinkles and freeze dried ice...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 696 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Let them drink tea

Does life get any better than chocolate cake? Well…what about chocolate ice cream cake? It’s basically the king of desserts – rich, sweet and creamy. And with this decadent black tea blend, your favourite indulgence is just a sip away. It has everything you want in a dessert: white chocolate vanilla, carob, sprinkles, and little pieces of freeze-dried ice cream. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. And a cherry on top.

Ingredients: Black tea, carob, ice cream bits, white chocolate pieces, vanilla, rainbow sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring.

Allergens: Dairy and soy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a really interesting blend. For once I don’t taste the bitterness from the black tea.

As many said, this tea does remind me of Neapolitan ice cream. There is definitely a lot of sweetness that comes from the tea itself, so don’t worry about adding sweetener to it.
The taste is much lighter than expected. From the dry notes in the bag I was expecting a large kick when I drank it, but it was nice that I didn’t have to worry about that this time (compared to Chocolate Cake…which really kicked me in the face!).

I have mixed feelings about this one. Maybe it’s the stevia or carob, but I think the combination of the two I just don’t like!

I like this one! Got to try this one from a friend who ordered it before it was sold out…(ALSO, it’s not even on the site anymore!!! Is it gone?) Anyway, I don’t really taste ice cream but I do like the flavour and the sweetness of this tea!

I had two cups of this this morning. It’s not too bad the second steep around.

I don’t LOVE this tea but I think it’s pretty good, even for something that already has sweetener in it. You can also smell it across the room, a kind of fruity, dessert-y smell.

First Tea today, had a craving for something sweet, this is a solid tea very sweet but a little too much stevia for my taste. You can really taste artificial sweetener and that is not my favorite flavor… once you get past that the tea is creamy in the mouth and tastes somewhat like ice cream, not bad but i probably wouldn’t buy it again though

ahh this one is so strange! i really can smell the chocolate, the vanilla and the strawberry all at once.
it smells milky, like ice cream, and a bit more toasty, which is probably coming from the black tea.
really interesting. everything combined makes it kind of a mash of flavours in your mouth, but it’s not bad.
the strawberry and chocolate go well with the vanilla coming along at the end. i find the sprinkles and stevia barely sweeten it at all, just a little hint to convince you it’s a desserty tea.
i did steep this using one of the DAVIDsTEA filter bags, which are really fine, so i didn’t get any ‘scumminess’ that some of the other reviews mention. and to be honest, i don’t really like to see those colourful sprinkles with all their colour oozing out as it steeps! so a bag is definitely the way to go for this tea, i think.
it’s very different! and i must say that after trying the Birthday Cake tea, i didn’t think i was going to like any of the other cake teas, but i think it was just that too-sweet rooibos. the black tea is definitely a good pairing for these flavours.
overall, i like it! a nice novelty tea to have around, i won’t stock up but i will probably get some more just to have :)

I’m normally skeptical about dessert teas as I find they taste very little like an actual dessert. However, I really really enjoy this Ice Cream Cake tea. It tastes like a cup of orange pekoe tea with milk and sugar mixed in. There is a natural sweetness and creaminess to it that perfectly balances with black tea base. Its relaxing and delicious and it actually satisfies the sugar craving (which is surprising). I bought a sample baggie, but I’m going to have to go back and buy a tin of it now. Its also fantastic iced.

Bought this for myself for my birthday almost two years ago. Had finished 50g within a month or two. I miss it. :(

VariaTEA

Perhaps someone has some that they would be willing to swap with you!! Don’t give up home, you might have it again :)

VariaTEA

Oh wow…I meant hope, although don’t give up your home either. I think it might be time for bed

A refreshing cool early autumn evening,all is still and serene for a Friday. So while listening to the nostalgic sounds of KSQM and reading through “Bel Ami” I chose this delicious offering. The flavors of the ice cream is really well emulated in the blend. The sweetness is not too overpowering and satisfies the craving for dessert without the added calories. The warm fragrance adds to the effect of the tea and subtly paints the picture of that slice of cake. It’s definitely a keeper for the sweet tooth. <3

This is bloody delicious! I wish I’d bought some when it was out, as it looks like it doesn’t exist anymore… :(

It’s hilarious that I’m reviewing this now, because I’m pretty sure it’s been at least two years (perhaps 3) since DT stopped making it. So you’ve correctly deduced that I’m currently drinking some old-ass tea!

I had fallen in love with this back when I first discovered the exciting new world of dessert teas, when DT opened in my city. I thought this was amazing. I was seriously pissed when they discontinued this one and the chocolate cake tea in favor of keeping birthday cake. Birthday Cake, the nasty rooibos tea that I couldn’t get past….I haven’t had it in years, but that was my opinion then.

So, I’ve been hoarding my small packet of this ever since, my precioussssssssss! Hoarding, but not actually drinking, which I realize now is stupid. The tea gets worse with age, not better. I can’t honestly tell you that age has ruined what I have left of this, it’s been sealed in its zippy bag all this time…. But I also can’t tell you that I’m enjoying this cup. ‘Cause I’m not.

Why would anyone think that ice cream cake would make a good tea flavor? How can you ever replicate that?! No wonder they stopped making it. It’s like drinking liquid chemicals, which I imagine that’s mostly what it is anyway. I would not be surprised if the deliciousness has faded with time, but I suspect this is more or less the perfect nutshell example of how far my tea tastes have come in the last few years.

Also a lesson that hoarding tea is pointless, how can you enjoy it if you don’t drink it? Then you try, but it’s old and disappointing.

I can taste a suggestion of ice cream cake, but honestly man, if I want ice cream or ice cream cake, there’s no way I’m going to pretend to talk myself into thinking a cup of fake flavored tea would take care of the craving.
I even put some milk in this to add some creaminess. It’s not terrible, but I don’t even feel compelled to keep my last little bit. There are way better teas to drink!

I’ve got about enough of this left for 2 cups I think, so if any dessert tea fans out there are curious and just want to try this for fun, it’s yours! Just let me know!

Goodbye, ice cream cake tea. You represent everything I used to love. When I was young and innocent.

Courtney

I’m so bad with hoarding, even though I know I shouldn’t. I want to save teas for bad days haha.

TheKesser

Yeah I’m really bad for the hoarding too. I’ve got a few teas that are easily 3+ years old including this one and the Chocolate cake. I’m so scared to drink a few of them ‘cause I know I’ll never get them again and I can’t bring myself to say goodbye. haha And there’s a few that I can’t stomach so they sit in there until I either give them away or decide I’m okay to toss them. I’ve had to throw out a lot in the past ‘cause I knew they just weren’t going anywhere…

whatshesaid

I’m trying to go through my stash now and either drink or give away or toss everything I’ve been clinging to…no point keeping it!

greenteafairy

Another tea hoarder here… I know I should drink up my discontinued favorites, but I have an incredibly hard time going through with it.

TheKesser

whatshesaid since reading your mention about going through your stash, I think you’ve inspired me to do the same. I have a few off the top of my head I know I can get rid of and not even miss.
greenteafairy I feel the EXACT same way.

whatshesaid

Yeah it’s a good time of the year to “Spring clean” your tea stash!!

Courtney

I actually just steeped up the last cup of a discontinued tea I’ve been hoarding. Thanks for the nudge whatshesaid.

whatshesaid

If we don’t do it, they’ll just sit there, sadly stagnating forever in our cupboards