Ice Cream Cake

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Basically this tea makes me want to smash keys at random because I lose the ability to do anything else after taking a sip. OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAH. It's so creamy and I get a lot of strawberry and...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I really want to eat some ice cream right now. So, what am I going to do? Drink ice cream cake tea! The dry leaves smell really weird. Like something sweet but in an artificial, chemically...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Yeeaaahhh! It's been too many tea-less days for me. Still not 100%, but throat is no longer rejecting tea, and I can, at least for now, still taste. Woo! So since this was the bottom of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “The beau has been dying to brew some of this up, so I figured we'd give it a go. The first thing I noticed was a lot of "scum" on the top, likely from the chocolate, sprinkles and freeze dried ice...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Let them drink tea

Does life get any better than chocolate cake? Well…what about chocolate ice cream cake? It’s basically the king of desserts – rich, sweet and creamy. And with this decadent black tea blend, your favourite indulgence is just a sip away. It has everything you want in a dessert: white chocolate vanilla, carob, sprinkles, and little pieces of freeze-dried ice cream. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. And a cherry on top.

Ingredients: Black tea, carob, ice cream bits, white chocolate pieces, vanilla, rainbow sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring.

Allergens: Dairy and soy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m holding on to my very last bit of this tea! It is rich, creamy and oh so delicious! As much as I’m not the biggest fan of it by itself it is decadent as a iced soy latte! It honestly doesn’t get any better, it actually tastes like ice cream cake! The smell of this tea is the only thing that really turns me off, it smells pretty chemically but the taste is nothing like that! I am actually scared for when I run out, I will for sure savour my last 50 grams!

Really wanted to love it but it’s a bit crap this one.

Doesn’t taste much like Ice Cream at all and the White Chocolate bits melt at a high temp then solidify very quickly leaving your pot a right mess.

Avoid imho.

This tea is one of my favorites. Very disappointed to see it discontinued. Please bring back!

My favourite of the 3 cake inspired teas (the other 2 being Birthday Cake & Chocolate Cake) that came out around the Spring of 2012. It’s decidedly the sweetest of the 3, but not tooth-achingly so (but I’m a fatty and I like pie, so your mileage on that may vary). Rather similar to Birthday Cake, but this one has caffeine where Birthday Cake does not. Alas, as I am sensitive to caffeine.

Out of all of the ‘cake collection’ this was my favorite. Unfortunately, I made myself a bit sick of it as it is a sweeter, heavier tea, and it came out when it was cold outside, so I was drinking a lot of it hot. It is really good, but doesn’t taste that much like ice cream cake!

Very nice, I like these cake ones.

I should have probably known “Ice Cream” would come out sweeter than a lolly pop dipped in ice cream. I fan of sweet teas but do love some sort of flavour in my tea however; this is not the flavour I crave when I needs a pick me up. I can not even smell the tea in the bag anymore with out a gagging reflex. I love a majority of Davids tea but not picking up any ice cream teas again!

Ice cream cake tea smells like equal sweetner and tastes like equal sweetner. Sadly I purchased 100g of it and disliked it after the first sip. It’s way too sweet and the taste made me nauceous. I’m sad about it because the idea of it seemed so appealing. Oh well, one tea out of a few hundred isn’t bad. Lol!

This tea smells amazing – truly like ice cream cake. When steeped the flavour isn’t as strong but it is still yummy and sweet.

I wanted to love this, but didn’t! Smells delicious, but ends up looking murky in the mud (weird filmy stuff on top). And the aftertaste was strange. Not going to purchase it again.