Kiwi's Big Adventure

Green Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Kiwi, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass
Grass, Sweet, Tangy, Vegetal, Apple, Fruity, Tart, Tropical, Lemongrass, Lemon, Melon, Lemon Zest
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I have enough for one more cup of this, which makes me happy because I think it's a _delicious_ kiwi tea! Now the hard part is deciding whether to enjoy it tomorrow and finish it right away or ...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1928 tasting notes
  • “This is still a lovely tea, but I’m reducing my rating as I’ve since tried many teas that I enjoy more than this one. It’s light and fruity, but now I feel it needs a bit more tea leaves versus...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Upped the rating; made this iced. This is so much better as an iced tea over brewing hot. I can taste the kiwi flavor better. Strange! I made a second glass with a couple kiwi ice cubes and that...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “NEW TEA FRENZY! Can't believe my local DavidsTea had all three out today when I went to restock some Chocolate Cake! Nice surprise :D Dry tea smells deliciously fruity, and although I might not...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Fasten your seatbelt

There’s something about a kiwi fruit that just makes us smile. It could be their cute round shape, or their fuzzy skin, or their bright green colour. But we think the best think about a kiwi is the taste – like a cross between a peach and a melon, only better. So it goes without saying that this kiwi-spiked green tea is a real treat. From the second the aroma hits you, you know you’re in for something special. Sweet, fruity, tart and lively, it’s an adventure you won’t soon forget.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This sample came from Roswell Strange. She was sending me a bunch of David’s teas that she purchased for me at a store (thanks again!) and I asked her if this one was any good, so she ended up sending me some! Aw, you shouldn’t have… I admit, a lot of the reason I was drawn to this tea is that the name is super adorable and makes me think of a kiwi (the bird, not the fruit) with a little suitcase going on a worldwide road trip. Lol! Visually, it looks like sencha or bancha leaves to me, and they’re combined with lemongrass and pieces of dehydrated kiwi and apple (I love that I can see the black seeds in the kiwi pieces). The dry scent is heavenly – it’s sweet and tart at the same time and very fruity, with just a bit of grassiness from the tea. I steeped mine for 3 minutes at 175 degrees.

Mm, the brewed aroma is also heavenly! That same sweet-tart juicy fruity aroma combined with grassy tea. At first, I was disappointed by the flavor. The beginning of the sip is mostly grassy green tea taste, but partially through that kiwi pokes its fuzzy little head out and then it dominates the rest of the sip. And then it leaves a lovely juicy kiwi aftertaste that lingers! I admit, the kiwi flavor here is somewhat candylike, but not in an artificial overly sweet way, it just has the most impossible level of juiciness and the sweet-tart combination is wonderful!

On a side note, I added a bit of sugar to see if it would make this even better, and I think it actually made it less enjoyable. So maybe I’m not sugar addicted anymore, lol!

Thanks Roswell, I love this one! :)

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Grass, Sweet, Tart, Tropical

Roswell Strange

Hooray! Glad you liked it :)

Tamarindel

I’ve been curious about this one. Glad to hear it doesn’t taste artificial.

Cameron B.

Tamarindel, there is something candy-like about it, but not necessarily glaringly artificial.

Tamarindel

Candy I can live with :) Some of my favorite foods are candy.

mj

Lupicia’s kiwi is THE BEST

I polished off the last of this last night. I don’t get kiwi from this one so much as I get lightly fruity green tea. It’s a terrible travel tea, but at home it’s a fantastic after dinner treat. Nice and mellow and light.

I don’t really like this tea.. It has a great smell but I’m just not a fan of the flavor. Lots of lemongrass and green tea taste but it lacks something.

Flavors: Lemongrass

First tasting note! Wooo~ I’m excited.

I initially didn’t have very high expectations of this, and bought a small sample to try because I was curious. With just a bit of white honey, I was very impressed! They succeeded in making it taste like kiwi, and all the other flavors kick in as well creating a nice blend of fruity goodness :9

It’s a pretty light tea, which some people might not enjoy. However, I have now found the go-to tea when I am craving something light rather than full-bodied. Definitely a re-buy!

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Lemon, Melon

Light, but not flat. I enjoyed this for the first time as an iced tea. It is flavourful without being overbearing. I loved that I could still taste the green tea. It is naturally sweet, so it doesn’t need anything else added. I would certainly buy it again.

The last kiwi-flavoured tea I had was…rather unfortunate to say the least (it tasted like Buckley’s cough syrup). Thankfully this one is far and away a better blend. There’s loads of kiwi and apple bits – so much so that I ended up using a bigger scoop than normal because I wanted to make sure I had enough actually green tea in there.

The flavour of the tea is quite light but fruity with a distinct kiwi flavour that I can pick out easily – there’a also a slight hint of citrus from the lemongrass but it’s subdued by comparison. There’s a very fresh green tone to this tea that makes me think it could make a good summer iced tea. Now that winter has finally left us I’m thinking of experimenting more with that sort of thing.

Drank this, it’s been awhile. It’s very fruity, can’t taste much tea. Tangy, and tart, which I attribute to the kiwi.

I think it would make a good iced tea, if I were into that!

I guess ultimately I’m kind of over fruity teas. I’m putting the rest of this in my swap/sell pile. It’s growing.

ETA THIS was my 200th tasting note.  this. Boooo.

Yay for 200! Go you!

Anna

300 is going to be SUPER MEMORABLE. We will make sure you have a Very Special Tea for 300.

whatshesaid

I certainly hope so, Anna! :)

Thanks Sil!

I liked this fruity tea. It was very yummy sweetened and on ice. I will want to have this on hand this summer when it is how outside.

The liquor is a warm, golden yellow. The aroma is much more vegetative than I expected, but then finished with a fruity sweetness. The flavour is much the same. The green tea vegetative taste is aggressively apparent at first sip, but gives way to the fruit flavour that lingers in your mouth. The kiwi and the apple together are very complimentary. The body is slightly creamy/heavy.

3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

So far so good, it’s a nice light tea. I don’t taste any kiwi though, a bit of the apple and maybe a bit of the lemon.