Kiwi's Big Adventure

Green Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Kiwi, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass
Fruity, Lemon, Lemongrass, Bitter, Citrus, Grass, Apple, Sweet, Tangy, Vegetal, Tart, Tropical, Melon, Lemon Zest
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Fay

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Fasten your seatbelt

There’s something about a kiwi fruit that just makes us smile. It could be their cute round shape, or their fuzzy skin, or their bright green colour. But we think the best think about a kiwi is the taste – like a cross between a peach and a melon, only better. So it goes without saying that this kiwi-spiked green tea is a real treat. From the second the aroma hits you, you know you’re in for something special. Sweet, fruity, tart and lively, it’s an adventure you won’t soon forget.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Another tea that TheLastDodo graciously split with me! Have been dying to try this one FOR FOREVER!
But no one seemed to have it. Kinda get why now that I have it. Don’t really taste any kiwi in it…maybe a little, but it just tastes like a bundle of fruits. Disappointed again. :/ What a shame. Plus, I love the Pee-Wee reference in the name of this tea-a name wasted on a tea that doesn’t live up to it. D:
Sad times.
But thankful I got to try it.
There’s only a couple more DavidsTeas I wanna try, but…I think I’ll just wait to find someone who has them and is willing to swap because I have way too bad of luck with buying from them and either having CS issues with my order, or just not liking most of the teas. xD Oy vey.
This tea isn’t bad, but it’s not something I’d buy. Didn’t live up to it’s name in my book :/ But thanks again for splitting this one, TheLastDodo! you are awesome! :D

Flavors: Fruity

I purchased this tea for two reasons.

1.) I love kiwi fruit – fresh and dried.
2.) I love the name of this tea. Pee-wee’s Big Adventure is one of my favorite childhood movies.

I’ve steeped it on a few different occasions and have yet to be impressed. I taste lemon/lemongrass and slightly bitter green tea. I don’t get any kiwi flavor at all. I’m really bummed about this one.

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass

Oh my gosh this is so good iced. Perfectly balanced flavours between fruity kiwi and green tea. I need to go buy this again for the summer and ice it all the time. Also brews a really pretty shade of lime green.

Flavors: Fruity

Made this iced today using the traditional method as opposed to a cold brew (my first time doing so with this tea). This definitely intensifies the green tea and kiwi notes, reducing some of the lemon ones. I really like how this really brings out the kiwi, so I would do it this way in the future, but the green tea is a little bitter in this batch (which I’ve never found before, even when I’ve made it hot), so I might try tweaking times/leaf a bit to get it just right.

Kristal

Making iced tea using black tea for my husband right now. I can’t drink black tea due a sensitive stomach, and I never make iced tea other than fruit herbals, so I hear you on the struggle to not make it so bitter. The “traditional” way of hot brewing it and pouring it over iced failed, so now I’m cold brewing. Crossing my fingers for a successful batch!

Fay

Fingers crossed for you! Cold brewing usually works fine for me, but I find some teas just need the hot water first to really make the flavours shine.

Kristal

The cold brew worked! The tea isn’t bold as you said, but no astringency. Gunna experiment to get a bolder black iced tea with no astringency. Prob gunna by loose black tea instead of bags for this purpose (I just thought bags would be a good, cheap place to start ;) )

raven22

I would love to try this one, but alas, a kiwi allergy kinda rules that out, LOL.

Fay

Haha, yeah probably not the best.

I’m pretty neutral about this one, actually. Granted, I forgot that I had it so it has been sitting in my cupboard for quite some time.

I remember being incredibly excited about this one when I bought it in the spring. I love fruity green teas, and this one most certainly fits that description. I’d say it tastes more like fruit than green tea, actually. It’s wonderful iced, I’ll give it that. Maybe my lack of enthusiasm now has to do with the fact that it’s January, and what I really crave is a rich, hot tea to make me feel cozy. It’s funny how drastically my tea preferences change with the seasons.

I like this because it’s refreshing, fruity (lots of sweet kiwi and citrus as well), and great to make into iced tea or even tea pop. I could do with a bit less sweetness, but it’s great for blending with straight green or white teas. But for some reason it just isn’t what I want today. Meh.

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Grass

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Deliciously fruity and herbal with just a twinge of green tea to balance things out. Very comforting as a hot tea. I’ve yet to try it iced, but I have a feeling i’ll enjoy it even more.

Flavors: Apple, Lemongrass

Did not get much of the fruity flavor

A decent tea, it tasted a lot like green apple Jolly Ranchers. In the end, a bit too candyish for me to re-stock, but I didn’t mind finishing off my sample.

Swap from Cameron B aka Obligatory Tea #1.

I’m generally getting dried kiwi. Dry leaf aroma, wet leaf aroma… I can mostly taste dried grass and hay, but as I let the tea sit in my mouth, the kiwi and apple appear (mostly the kiwi), but they’re weak. The aftertaste is the best part – it’s like I’ve just eaten dried kiwi. Yummers! Funny how the flavoring works.

Not a keeper though it was nice to try.

Mmm nice. Light, vegetal, and fruity. A bit grassy, with a nice, strong kiwi flavour. Bright but not really getting into tart. A touch astringent, hints of bitterness.

Flavors: Grass, Sweet, Tangy, Vegetal