Kiwi's Big Adventure

Green Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Kiwi, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass
Fruity, Lemon, Lemongrass, Bitter, Citrus, Grass, Apple, Sweet, Tangy, Vegetal, Tart, Tropical, Melon, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Fay

2 Images

Fasten your seatbelt

There’s something about a kiwi fruit that just makes us smile. It could be their cute round shape, or their fuzzy skin, or their bright green colour. But we think the best think about a kiwi is the taste – like a cross between a peach and a melon, only better. So it goes without saying that this kiwi-spiked green tea is a real treat. From the second the aroma hits you, you know you’re in for something special. Sweet, fruity, tart and lively, it’s an adventure you won’t soon forget.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I purchased this tea for two reasons.

1.) I love kiwi fruit – fresh and dried.
2.) I love the name of this tea. Pee-wee’s Big Adventure is one of my favorite childhood movies.

I’ve steeped it on a few different occasions and have yet to be impressed. I taste lemon/lemongrass and slightly bitter green tea. I don’t get any kiwi flavor at all. I’m really bummed about this one.

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass

Oh my gosh this is so good iced. Perfectly balanced flavours between fruity kiwi and green tea. I need to go buy this again for the summer and ice it all the time. Also brews a really pretty shade of lime green.

Flavors: Fruity

This as a tea lemonade—so good! This is a light tea, so the lemonade dominates, but there’s a nice subtle kiwi note in the background with just a hint of the green tea. In the future I’d be interested to try this with either pink lemonade or using frozen strawberries instead of ice just to really kick it up a notch, but as is looking like a summer fav.

Iced 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I’m pretty neutral about this one, actually. Granted, I forgot that I had it so it has been sitting in my cupboard for quite some time.

I remember being incredibly excited about this one when I bought it in the spring. I love fruity green teas, and this one most certainly fits that description. I’d say it tastes more like fruit than green tea, actually. It’s wonderful iced, I’ll give it that. Maybe my lack of enthusiasm now has to do with the fact that it’s January, and what I really crave is a rich, hot tea to make me feel cozy. It’s funny how drastically my tea preferences change with the seasons.

I like this because it’s refreshing, fruity (lots of sweet kiwi and citrus as well), and great to make into iced tea or even tea pop. I could do with a bit less sweetness, but it’s great for blending with straight green or white teas. But for some reason it just isn’t what I want today. Meh.

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Grass

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Deliciously fruity and herbal with just a twinge of green tea to balance things out. Very comforting as a hot tea. I’ve yet to try it iced, but I have a feeling i’ll enjoy it even more.

Flavors: Apple, Lemongrass

Did not get much of the fruity flavor

A decent tea, it tasted a lot like green apple Jolly Ranchers. In the end, a bit too candyish for me to re-stock, but I didn’t mind finishing off my sample.

Swap from Cameron B aka Obligatory Tea #1.

I’m generally getting dried kiwi. Dry leaf aroma, wet leaf aroma… I can mostly taste dried grass and hay, but as I let the tea sit in my mouth, the kiwi and apple appear (mostly the kiwi), but they’re weak. The aftertaste is the best part – it’s like I’ve just eaten dried kiwi. Yummers! Funny how the flavoring works.

Not a keeper though it was nice to try.

Mmm nice. Light, vegetal, and fruity. A bit grassy, with a nice, strong kiwi flavour. Bright but not really getting into tart. A touch astringent, hints of bitterness.

Flavors: Grass, Sweet, Tangy, Vegetal

This sample came from Roswell Strange. She was sending me a bunch of David’s teas that she purchased for me at a store (thanks again!) and I asked her if this one was any good, so she ended up sending me some! Aw, you shouldn’t have… I admit, a lot of the reason I was drawn to this tea is that the name is super adorable and makes me think of a kiwi (the bird, not the fruit) with a little suitcase going on a worldwide road trip. Lol! Visually, it looks like sencha or bancha leaves to me, and they’re combined with lemongrass and pieces of dehydrated kiwi and apple (I love that I can see the black seeds in the kiwi pieces). The dry scent is heavenly – it’s sweet and tart at the same time and very fruity, with just a bit of grassiness from the tea. I steeped mine for 3 minutes at 175 degrees.

Mm, the brewed aroma is also heavenly! That same sweet-tart juicy fruity aroma combined with grassy tea. At first, I was disappointed by the flavor. The beginning of the sip is mostly grassy green tea taste, but partially through that kiwi pokes its fuzzy little head out and then it dominates the rest of the sip. And then it leaves a lovely juicy kiwi aftertaste that lingers! I admit, the kiwi flavor here is somewhat candylike, but not in an artificial overly sweet way, it just has the most impossible level of juiciness and the sweet-tart combination is wonderful!

On a side note, I added a bit of sugar to see if it would make this even better, and I think it actually made it less enjoyable. So maybe I’m not sugar addicted anymore, lol!

Thanks Roswell, I love this one! :)

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Grass, Sweet, Tart, Tropical

Roswell Strange

Hooray! Glad you liked it :)

I’ve been curious about this one. Glad to hear it doesn’t taste artificial.

Cameron B.

Tamarindel, there is something candy-like about it, but not necessarily glaringly artificial.

Candy I can live with :) Some of my favorite foods are candy.

Lupicia’s kiwi is THE BEST