Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Green, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach, Astringent, Fruity, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Buddha’s Blend has a very peachy smell when the tin is first opened, which is quite nice. When brewed, some of that same peachy flavor (a lot of which actually comes from the hibiscus flowers, I think) is transferred to the tea, along with a nice flowery jasmine flavor. Neither flavor is too overwhelming, and I could still taste the tea.

Because I like both fruity and floral teas at times, I was quite fond of Buddha’s Blend. I think it’s one of my favorites in the 2013 advent calendar and it’s one I’d consider ordering again. I do think this is priced a little high for the quantity of white tea you actually receive and I think this would only be a hit with people who enjoy floral flavors.

Day #18 of the advent calendar! Another new taste for me, hurray! This one had a little bit of everything – white tea, green tea, floral, fruit. Not my favourite (I’m not usually a big fan of floral-heavy tea, as this one appears to me), but a nice treat for today.

Fruity, flavorful. A bit bitter at first but soon improved. Nice mellow tea, not too strong; chill.

greatness in a cup. would drink any day, anytime

Buddha’s Blend is a blend of white and green tea and has hibiscus blossoms and jasmine pearls in it! OMG FLOWERSSS YAY!!!

I first tried this tea when it was the tea of the day, and now I am sipping it peacefully in my own home, in my little Chinese tea cups! I have now experienced something today, that I did not get to when I tried it in the store, THE FLOWERSSS!

The flowers amaze me when I steep it. I put one in and it was super tine, and now, it is like 5 times that size, it’s beautiful!

The main thing I taste is the white tea and there is a background taste that is kind of fruity. It would most likely be good cold too!

I like this tea, it’s an easy drink. Only complaint would be that the taste doesn’t live up to the smell. This aroma of this tea is out of this world, but the taste is quite mild. Best brewed strong, and enjoyed clear. I have a hunch that it would make a great floral iced tea, if you’re in to that kind of thing :)

Quality and unique tea. This is relaxing, fragrant (but not overly powerful), and peaceful. Do not over brew. This is a nice tea after dinner.

A fruity white/green reminiscent of peach, with floral notes. Sometimes this had an odd bitter tang to it, which may have been the green tea, but overall this was a light, fruity tea, with not a lot of “tea” flavor.

This smells awesomely peachy. I’m not smelling alot of floral notes here, but that could just be my sense of smell betraying me.

I had an operator-error with the first cup. Do NOT forget about this tea and let it steep for 15 min! Yuck. Very bitter. Down the drain it went. I watched the second infusion like a hawk and stopped it at 3 min exactly.

The peach has faded to a very light scent. It tastes kind of eh. Nothing truly distinctive about it. I’ll finish drinking it, but more to increase my water intake for the day than out of true desire.

I’m not going to rate this yet, as I’m sure the first infusion would have tasted much different if I had treated it properly. I’ll have to try again.

The tea is more fragrant than flavorful.