Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Green, Jasmine, Peach, Fruity, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Quality and unique tea. This is relaxing, fragrant (but not overly powerful), and peaceful. Do not over brew. This is a nice tea after dinner.

A fruity white/green reminiscent of peach, with floral notes. Sometimes this had an odd bitter tang to it, which may have been the green tea, but overall this was a light, fruity tea, with not a lot of “tea” flavor.

This smells awesomely peachy. I’m not smelling alot of floral notes here, but that could just be my sense of smell betraying me.

I had an operator-error with the first cup. Do NOT forget about this tea and let it steep for 15 min! Yuck. Very bitter. Down the drain it went. I watched the second infusion like a hawk and stopped it at 3 min exactly.

The peach has faded to a very light scent. It tastes kind of eh. Nothing truly distinctive about it. I’ll finish drinking it, but more to increase my water intake for the day than out of true desire.

I’m not going to rate this yet, as I’m sure the first infusion would have tasted much different if I had treated it properly. I’ll have to try again.

The tea is more fragrant than flavorful.

One of my favorite teas to drink. It has such a nice pleasant flavor. It’s not overwhelming, then again I love jasmine and floral type teas. SO for someone who doesn’t like flower teas it wont be for them.

You know how they say that the best relationships are the ones that never feel like “work”? Well, by those standards, this tea and I are a divorced, bitter couple. Oh, how I wanted to love this blend. On paper, the mixture of white and green tea, jasmine pearls, hibiscus blossoms and tempting “artificial flavoring” seemed like a match made in awesomeness heaven. But, in reality, this tea was exhausting. The first time I made it, I followed the instructions, steeping 1 teaspoon for the required amount of time. It smelled amazing. But it tasted bitter, so I broke every cardinal rule of being a distinguished tea-drinker (will they take away my license?) and watered it down a bit; still, it was harsh. This wouldn’t be a deal-breaker for me, necessarily, had the leaves not SMELLED so sweet, making for a weird disparity between what my nose sensed and my taste buds tasted. The second time I made it, it was equally unimpressive and the third time, I specifically used less tea and steeped for less time – still bitter. I shouldn’t have to work this hard to love you, Buddha’s Blend. We had great potential, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea…I think it’s time we see other people. To be honest, you kind of remind me of a Tetley.

My favourite straight tea combination. Subtly floral with jasmine notes. Super refreshing Iced

I went to David’s Tea initially planning to purchase their cookie dough blend. They didn’t have any so I bought Buddha’s blend as a consolation prize. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Immediately the scent drew me in and I made my choice. As a seasoned lover of jasmine tea I knew I was in for a treat, but the extra notes were such a journey I didn’t anticipate. There’s a subtle flavor of peach that lingers long after you drink. I’m in love. I flavored mine with honey and let it steep a bit long. I don’t mind the bitterness if there’s some sweet tones at the end. Though I probably wouldn’t have steeped it long without honey. I bought a tin of this stuff and I have no regrets. A current favourite right now. I can’t wait to try it iced.

This tea is great. Expensive yes… but delicious. It is more of the essence of the ingredients. There is also a great after taste where it lingers. It is also not too flowery. Also, it should be noted that the suggested serving was 1 tsp. So for me, it sort of justifies the price… sort of. But it IS delicious! I have .5 oz to start, and am waiting until I get to the bottom of the bag whether or not I would buy more

I really like this white tea blend but it is one of the most delicate blends I’ve had. If its over-steeped or steeped in overly hot water it is ultra bitter. Follow the suggested temp. and time and you too will enjoy this delicate tea.