Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Hay, Vegetal, Bitter, Flowers, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Tart, Fruity, Peach, Pear, Medicinal, Green, Astringent, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 9 of my Easter Advent calendar

The smell of this one really got me. Smells very peachy, which is fun because there’s no peach actually in it. Interesting. Oh, right “artificial flavour”. Peaches. Expectations: decreased.

Tried to scoop out a little of everything to put in the steeping basket. I think I was at least mostly successful. Steeped probably too long, since it was a little bitter towards the end of the cup. Ah, well. No one ever said I was an expert.

The taste is distinctly peachy. Not like the fruit…like the sour candy. Since I don’t really like fuzzy peaches I wasn’t all that impressed, but I wasn’t necessarily disgusted. It was…weird. I would have liked the tea, I think, without any kind of flavour added. Why does it have to have flavouring?! Why not just the goodness of tea?!

I have at least one more cup of this left, maybe two. Before I decide if I’d recommend it, I’ll drink it again.

Verdict: because it’s a white base I doubt I’d ever buy it because it’s expensive and not outstanding.

Been drinking more iced teas these days as the weather is starting to warm up (or go crazy in the form of hail/thunderstorms/sun that is vancouver). Smells and tastes super peach and floral – quite refreshing actually.

I know its been forever since i last sat to write a review, so here goes… The Buddha must have had some good taste and so do there people at David’s tea because i was very happy with this green/ white blend. Now, normally I find white teas to be extremely mellow and sometimes without a strong overtone from another flavor i often lose sight of the tea and just taste warm water:( But they really did a great job with this one. As soon as you open the tea a very floral and sweet smell of hibiscus flower and green tea. The opening aroma in itself is amazing, so it lends to the inability to wait long enough for the tea to really brew:) The smooth taste of green tea and white tea really work well together in this blend. It might have been the white that absorbed the grassy flavor of a true green and the green lent to the white tea. However the true wonderfulness of this tea really comes from hibiscus flower petal that are so abundant in the tea itself, not mention they bloom out wonderfully and lend even more of that floral and sweet smell to the tea. You can smell it from around the room as it steeps and i can personally say that after 5 steepings this tea blend definitely has some staying power. 5 steeps! and the smell and flavor maintained tip the end…i just wish i had some more:)

Flavors: Flowers, Honey

Admiral Solaire

4tsp in 29573ml of water, I bet that watered down the taste a tiny weeny bit! lolol

Do you ever just stare at tea and look at how beautiful it is?
Yeah well I did that with this tea. The whole white hibiscus blossoms! They’re so pretty to look at! And the scent of the peach isn’t overbearing. Oh this tea is just great to look at and to smell okay
It’s honestly just dang gorgeous.

The peach shines through the jasmine and the hibiscus. I wouldn’t even have known there was jasmine in this if I didn’t read the label! Definitely bought this for the jasmine, but I don’t see or smell it in this blend, so I’m hoping that it’ll come out when I finally drink it.
WAIT WAIT. Yes, I do see the jasmine pearls! But the jasmine to other stuff proportion isn’t as large as I would have liked.
but like.. I taste no jasmine at all :( Ahh well. I have like 4 other jasmine teas in my stash, if I want to taste the jasmine, I can just add more to this blend :)

It is a bit watered down for my taste, so I’ll just remember to overleaf a bit :)

Flavors: Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

I came up with this idea the other day that I would like to try all of the David’s Tea teas (the only loose leaf tea shop in my area), that way I know which ones I would like to keep on hand as well as know I’m not missing out on anything. To start off, I’m going through all the teas I currently have to take note of which ones I would like to buy again.

I just had a cup of Buddha’s Blend, using what I had left from the 24 Days of Tea advent calendar. I got a floral and peachy taste from it, and quite enjoyed it. It didn’t overly taste like a green tea to me, not much grassiness to it. I still need to try an unflavored white tea, so no comment on how much flavot the white tea had given off.
I would buy this one again.

I think I’ve finally found some steeping parameters for this where it didn’t taste soapy: 1 tsp per 8 oz, low 80sC, 2.5 minute steep. I underleafed it instead of using cooler water, and while the flavours were muted, I could definitely smell peach and jasmine.

I’ll probably stick with this method, as I’d rather deal with this tea being a tad weak than tasting like soap.

I had this today after I came home from a long day of walking around downtown Toronto for Doors Open. A well-deserved drink indeed! The weather was absolutely gorgeous today – you couldn’t possibly have asked for anything better.

This is so lovely! It’s light and floral with a definite peach taste/smell. It looks quite lovely when steeping because of the white hibiscus buds. I have drank this hot and cold. straight and with a bit of agave. Its really delicious either way, however agave is not needed. I only put it in when Im trying to be a sweet tooth craving.

Flavors: Flowers, Grass, Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

This blend is very smooth, you can taste the jasmine in the back and enjoy some acid fruit in the front

Flavors: Flowers

Floral AND fruity, with just a slight tang of bitterness that I actually enjoy. Well worth the purchase!

Fruity but light. Not a hint of bitterness. A mellow tea for a calm mind!