Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Flowers, Fruity, Peach, Floral, Jasmine, Pear, Vegetal, Medicinal, Green, Hibiscus, Astringent, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I think I’ve finally found some steeping parameters for this where it didn’t taste soapy: 1 tsp per 8 oz, low 80sC, 2.5 minute steep. I underleafed it instead of using cooler water, and while the flavours were muted, I could definitely smell peach and jasmine.

I’ll probably stick with this method, as I’d rather deal with this tea being a tad weak than tasting like soap.

I had this today after I came home from a long day of walking around downtown Toronto for Doors Open. A well-deserved drink indeed! The weather was absolutely gorgeous today – you couldn’t possibly have asked for anything better.

This is so lovely! It’s light and floral with a definite peach taste/smell. It looks quite lovely when steeping because of the white hibiscus buds. I have drank this hot and cold. straight and with a bit of agave. Its really delicious either way, however agave is not needed. I only put it in when Im trying to be a sweet tooth craving.

Flavors: Flowers, Grass, Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

This blend is very smooth, you can taste the jasmine in the back and enjoy some acid fruit in the front

Flavors: Flowers

Floral AND fruity, with just a slight tang of bitterness that I actually enjoy. Well worth the purchase!

Fruity but light. Not a hint of bitterness. A mellow tea for a calm mind!

This was a nice, light tea. It felt very cleansing after a big meal. While I don’t know that Buddha would have drank this (he was born in Nepal and I’m not sure what they would have drank there at the time) it is certainly something I can imagine drinking while at a meditation retreat, or to relax in the afternoon. It tastes like a peachy green tea, nice and fruity.

Buddha’s Blend has a very peachy smell when the tin is first opened, which is quite nice. When brewed, some of that same peachy flavor (a lot of which actually comes from the hibiscus flowers, I think) is transferred to the tea, along with a nice flowery jasmine flavor. Neither flavor is too overwhelming, and I could still taste the tea.

Because I like both fruity and floral teas at times, I was quite fond of Buddha’s Blend. I think it’s one of my favorites in the 2013 advent calendar and it’s one I’d consider ordering again. I do think this is priced a little high for the quantity of white tea you actually receive and I think this would only be a hit with people who enjoy floral flavors.

Day #18 of the advent calendar! Another new taste for me, hurray! This one had a little bit of everything – white tea, green tea, floral, fruit. Not my favourite (I’m not usually a big fan of floral-heavy tea, as this one appears to me), but a nice treat for today.

Fruity, flavorful. A bit bitter at first but soon improved. Nice mellow tea, not too strong; chill.

greatness in a cup. would drink any day, anytime