Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Almond, Cream, Geranium, Jasmine, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Peach, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2160 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2494 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2005 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Holy jasmine….yeaaaaah so me and floral teas, we are not meant for each other. I feel like I’m drinking perfume that’s been watered down. shudder soooo yeah. I totally get the weird peach taste everyone else is getting too, but mostly it’s just a bouquet of blarg. It smells wonderful! But in a hey that’s a really nice scent you’re wearing…. So yeah. Thanks to indigobloom for the sample but we’ll be sending this off to a good home haha

Indigobloom

agreed on this one!!!

I bought this forever ago for my partner. She is an occasional tea drinker so this is still lingering in my cupboard. As a general rule I avoid jasmine but today I grabbed it. I remembered it being a little strong, a little bitter but it’s been months since I made it so I forgot to alter my steeping parameters to allow for this. So I’m drinking a strong, slightly bitter cup of jasmine/peach. I’m not enjoying it much but I have the pot with me and I’m too lazy to move and make something else just yet.

I wonder if anyone’s tried cold steeping this. Easy to find out, I suppose, just read through all 99 tasting notes on it. Umm… Nah.

scribbles

I didn’t like it cold brewed – but me and jasmine are not friends.

Nxtdoor

I put the spent leaves in a jar this morning, for something to do. Bonus if the stuff is drinkable. I’m the same, jasmine and I used to be friends but it’s been years since we broke up.

Roswell Strange

I’ve cold brewed it. I still found it to be quite disgusting cold brewed, though…

JustJames had sent me a sample some time ago, not realizing that I had this tea, and due to it’s taste had given most of it away.

When I was in-store I remember the aroma being wonderfully sweet and peachy. I thought it would be amazing. I didn’t like it too much as a hot brew. The floral notes were a little strong for my liking. I tried it again today, and my mind hasn’t changed. Not my favourite.

In the summer I had cold brewed, not expecting good results, but I remember liking it a lot better as a cold brew – it didn’t seem as floral. So now I have the last bit of mine and JustJames’ combined in a mason jar cold steeping to finally finish it off.

Aimee Popovacki

hahaha sooo gooooood

Dry Leaf Nose: Wonderful fruity and floral aroma that is sweet and clean.

Liquor: Golden green colour with a wonderful fruity, floral aroma.

Flavour: Floral notes prevail in the cup and are well-supported by the fruity notes of the hibiscus. Jasmine hints finish the cup.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

The white hibiscus blossoms are sparking my curiosity. It’s not tart like the red hibiscus?

DAVIDsTEA

It’s actually quite floral – fruity even.

Cattibrie

Having it right now. It is nice and fruity. Tastes like it smells. I get more of a white tea taste from it than a green but I will be buying more of this one.

Sandra Brassard

Your best blend ♥

1 tablespoon for 375 ml

The scent of the brewed tea reminds me of peach gummy sour candy.

Peach is very artificial-tasting. The hibiscus seems to be well-blended and the tartness complements the flavour profile. Jasmine is detected in the background but is also well-blended. White tea taste is present.

As the cup cools, I’m tasting the white/green tea mix astringency which is quite nice at the end of the sip.

This is my second cup of this today. I decided to spread my wings and purchase my first white tea. I had previously tried this one iced, but I prefer it hot.
Word to the wise, be VERY careful with time and temp. If you’re not careful it can be quite bitter. Otherwise it’s a very nice fruity tea with too much going on.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Yeah, the white teas can be deicate.

I don’t know if I genuinely have not tried this one, or if I just overlooked it at some point because I tried it at the same time as a bunch of other teas and it just got lost in the mix…. but WOW.. I like this.. its a nice peachy blend that’s quite floral.. I can hardly tell its a white tea.. which is nice because I am not super partial to white teas :)

scribbles

Another tea coming your way…:)

Aimee Popovacki

lol! .. i feel like i have tried this one at some point but just wasn’t feeling it or something at the time? … i love it!

Ah Buddha’s Blend. Highly acclaimed. And finally yesterday my store had some! They had only a wee bit left but I got there just in time :)

It smells faintly like peaches (not real peaches, but not a completely fake scent either). I’ve smelled that before in Three Wishes. I’m guessing perhaps that’s the jasmine? That’s the ingredient they have in common. So perhaps I shouldn’t say I don’t care for floral teas, just not rose ones.

I did a 30 second steep since it’s a white tea and I’ve been getting great results with that trick. I’m enjoying it. Nice and light. Not overwhelming, but not underwhelming. I could see my fiance really enjoying this one.

why do I ever drink anything else ever. I can’t believe I haven’t had this is two months. It’s perfection. I always avoid it because it’s so touchy about temperature but as I was trying to pick a tea tonight I realized my water was perfect at that very moment for this tea.
Perfect Christmas Eve tea. Now if only netflix would start working!

Cavocorax

Yours is down too? :( No good.

I had high hopes for this tea since I am a meditator, and am not a Buddhist but I think he had some good ideas. But, it wasn’t quite what I was expecting.

This tea is quite pretty to look at. The hibiscus blossoms are beautiful, and it is fun to watch while steeping until it reaches that deep honey white tea color. The smell of it is quite sweet, which is surprising.

In drinking it, it starts with a sweet, fruity taste, then you can taste the Jasmine, and it ends on a floral note. Part of the taste reminds me of an updated version of Jasmine Green Tea. Also, for some reason, the other part tastes similar to DT’s Daydreamer, with a strong mango/peach taste. I would be surprised if this was created by the hibiscus alone (maybe there was something else in the “Natural Flavouring?”), but it is quite unexpected.

I am not sure if I am going to get this one again. It is pretty yummy, but it isn’t really different enough from the other DT options.

Lynne-tea

This is one I forgot to buy when I went on my sample rampage! It seemed like it would be an interesting tea.. I don’t like the sounds of the mango/peach taste coming from no where.. odd.

Indestructible

Yeah – it sure was a surprise – it would be much better if mango/peach or something like that were in the ingredients!