Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Bitter, Jasmine, Floral, Hibiscus, Peach, Honey, Flowers, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Orchids, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1939 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1922 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 694 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally do not like flavored teas and at first taste the same was true for this tea. After finishing my cup it actually gave me a terrible headache. However, for some reason I decided to give it another chance and I let the water cool a bit more before steeping it and reduced the time by about 30 seconds and was rewarded with a completely new, very enjoyable tea.

While the smell of the leaves is peachy, that doesn’t really make it into the taste which is fine with me. The white hibiscus and Jasmine aren’t overpowering, and add some wonderful notes to the flavor and feel of it. I just wish that there was enough of the blossoms in the mix to be able to have one in the cup every time I scoop some out. It definitely seems to taste better that way.

I got this as an I-just-finished-and-probably-failed-my-first-exam tea, and I’m pretty glad I did. I’m not generally a big white tea drinker, but I’m getting more into it. This has a pretty floral taste, but isn’t too perfumey. However, I am getting an icky aftertaste. Darn it. Also, I think there’s artificial flavouring in this one, which makes me sad. Still, it was nice, and I’m going to be finishing the .6 ounces.

First tea tried of David’s Tea. I really love the aroma of this – peachy! I love fresh peachy and lemony scents, so this attracted me when I first went into the store and asked for help.

Taste wise, it’s very light but not as I was expecting in taste. The scent just throws me off. I don’t know – maybe I’m not an ‘expert’ in tea tasting yet? lol, but I’m steadily developing my sense of taste.

I do drink a lot of green tea, so this was in a sense my first time drinking white tea, not having anything to really compare to.

I’m glad its not just me…this tea really does taste like fuzzy peaches! I was so surprised when I read the ingredients to discover that there are not even any peaches in it! I think it might be the jasmine as I have tried other teas such as Three Wishes Tea which also have jasmine and have a peachy smell and taste. I picked up a 10 g sample yesterday and probably won’t buy anymore but I am glad that I tried it. :)

Purchased a cup of this tea today with agave nectar, very much enjoyed it. I had to come back 30 minutes later and buy a 100g tin after I fell in love with it. Has a very sweet taste but not overwhelming, there is a mild mango like taste which greatly accents the flavor. I found that it tasted much better at home brewed with stevia. I would definitely recommend this tea, a new favorite.

It’s not bad, but it’s not something I’d buy regularly. Very smooth and light, similar to Kiwi’s Big Adventure (which I prefer) in that aspect.

Fantastic aroma!!! Tastes amazing served hot or chilled (with ice and agave nectar)

Definitely a tasting tea before it ends up in your tea spot of regulars.

I wish I had tasted this one in the store before I brought it home.No sense in wasting the tea leaves now. This tea can become a quick bitterness if one is not careful. Not my cup of tea, but like books, there are teas for everyone. If you are a green and bitter tea lover, I encourage a tasting.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Flavors: Bitter, Jasmine

Thanks Jump62359 for sending this to me in the game of Tealephone.

Holy moly, this smells so fruity and juicy. Went I checked my mail this morning, I could smell it as I was pulling it out of the mailbox, through the package. I already knew I had to have what ever was in there iced.

I had no idea what hibiscus looked like before. I know what it tastes like, but I never knew what thing among all the other things in a blend was the hibiscus. So when I saw the huge whole flower in the bag I didn’t know what it was. Saw that it was hibiscus, and said oh no you don’t, and took it out of my infuser.

I love jasmine, it’s just about the only flower that I like in my teas. And I like peaches (sort of manditory when you’re the state below Georgia. In elementary school, if you didn’t eat your peach cup that came with your lunch, the kids would fight over who got it, and then talk about how weird you were for not wanting it). The peach seems to drown out the jasmine here. I do get it at the end of the sip, but its sort of perfume-y and fake, and then it melds with the peach in a long lingering after sip.

Overall, it’s not bad. I might try steeping it a bit shorter just to cut back on the perfume taste, but a nice iced tea all the same.

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I’ve left this one until last, primarily because green/jasmine teas have never really been my thing, and part of me at least is a bit scared of them. Silly, but true. Because I’m braver at work, I brought this sample with me to try today. I used 1 tsp of leaf in water cooled to around 180, and gave it 3 minutes.

The resulting liquor is a medium yellow-green. It smells surprisingly fruity. The initial flavour is peach — it’s quite fuzzy and natural tasting, thankfully, as peach is something I can be very picky about. After the initial fruitiness, I get mostly jasmine. It’s quite floral and sweet, although not overpoweringly so. A tiny bit of green tea pokes out in the aftertaste, but it’s smooth, a little grassy, and not at all bitter or astringent.

Overall, this one is okay. It’s a combination of flavours that’s never going to be my favourite, but it’s more drinkable than I feared. Thanks to ashleyelizabeth for giving me the chance to try this one!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp