Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Hay, Vegetal, Bitter, Flowers, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Tart, Fruity, Peach, Pear, Medicinal, Green, Astringent, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally do not like flavored teas and at first taste the same was true for this tea. After finishing my cup it actually gave me a terrible headache. However, for some reason I decided to give it another chance and I let the water cool a bit more before steeping it and reduced the time by about 30 seconds and was rewarded with a completely new, very enjoyable tea.

While the smell of the leaves is peachy, that doesn’t really make it into the taste which is fine with me. The white hibiscus and Jasmine aren’t overpowering, and add some wonderful notes to the flavor and feel of it. I just wish that there was enough of the blossoms in the mix to be able to have one in the cup every time I scoop some out. It definitely seems to taste better that way.

I got this as an I-just-finished-and-probably-failed-my-first-exam tea, and I’m pretty glad I did. I’m not generally a big white tea drinker, but I’m getting more into it. This has a pretty floral taste, but isn’t too perfumey. However, I am getting an icky aftertaste. Darn it. Also, I think there’s artificial flavouring in this one, which makes me sad. Still, it was nice, and I’m going to be finishing the .6 ounces.

First tea tried of David’s Tea. I really love the aroma of this – peachy! I love fresh peachy and lemony scents, so this attracted me when I first went into the store and asked for help.

Taste wise, it’s very light but not as I was expecting in taste. The scent just throws me off. I don’t know – maybe I’m not an ‘expert’ in tea tasting yet? lol, but I’m steadily developing my sense of taste.

I do drink a lot of green tea, so this was in a sense my first time drinking white tea, not having anything to really compare to.

I’m glad its not just me…this tea really does taste like fuzzy peaches! I was so surprised when I read the ingredients to discover that there are not even any peaches in it! I think it might be the jasmine as I have tried other teas such as Three Wishes Tea which also have jasmine and have a peachy smell and taste. I picked up a 10 g sample yesterday and probably won’t buy anymore but I am glad that I tried it. :)

Purchased a cup of this tea today with agave nectar, very much enjoyed it. I had to come back 30 minutes later and buy a 100g tin after I fell in love with it. Has a very sweet taste but not overwhelming, there is a mild mango like taste which greatly accents the flavor. I found that it tasted much better at home brewed with stevia. I would definitely recommend this tea, a new favorite.

It’s not bad, but it’s not something I’d buy regularly. Very smooth and light, similar to Kiwi’s Big Adventure (which I prefer) in that aspect.

Fantastic aroma!!! Tastes amazing served hot or chilled (with ice and agave nectar)

This is sample #2 from my last online purchase. I must admit that I wanted to purchase online instead of in store partially because of the free samples.

I think my buds fell out of favour with green and white teas after I oversteeped too many. I also think my variable temperature kettle thinks 80 degrees C means 100 degrees C. I’m not sure if it’s because my kettle is old, or because it just doesn’t stop at the right temperature period. This is the first time I’ve stuck a thermometer inside the teapot to check. Perhaps I can start going back to green and white now that I’ve figured this out.

Anyway, the sample smells like fuzzy peaches without a peachy taste. The sample contained big buds and very little tea, to my disappointment.

There’s not much colour to the brew. It’s got a very vegetal mouth feel that’s quite smooth and creamy. The aftertaste is a little astringent with hints of sweet hay. I think I prefer keeping my nose in the cup to actually drinking it.

I really didn’t like this much at first. I’m not sure why, but the tea seems to be opening up and going from ultra bland to mildly sweet. I’m enjoying it more now that it’s cooled to room temperature.

I probably wouldn’t buy this. I’m happy to have received the sample, though.

Flavors: Floral, Hay, Vegetal

I got this one as a sample as well. I really like green teas, but this one has a weird flavouring to me.

As for ordering online vs in store, it depends on how much I’m ordering. If I’m buying lots I go online because over $50 means free shipping + 3 free samples, so it costs no more + extra stuff, but I like going in store if I just want a TINY amount of a tea (i.e. like 8 grams just to try) or want something right away.

Interesting! I think I can see the weirdness of the flavouring. I feel like it goes from peachy to hay like very quickly. It’s sharp and then not sharp, for me. I think it lost that edge as it cooled.

I feel like I really want to start exploring online tea stores. DAVIDs is just so convenient. I think I like getting random samples.

Smelled lovely, but too bitter for my taste.

Got this as a sample from a recent David’s order. There’s a nice floral aroma to it from the jasmine and hibiscus. Not a fan of the taste at all though. It’s a tart and bitter flavour that really lingers on the palate. Hibiscus generally ruins teas for me but it’s extra rough in this combined with the bitter after-taste. I hate to pour tea down the sink, but this one’s really not for me. If you like hibiscus though, don’t be too put off by this review. I’m generally biased towards it, so you might actually enjoy it.

Flavors: Bitter, Flowers, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Tart