Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Almond, Cream, Geranium, Jasmine, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Peach, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2160 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2498 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2005 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally do not like flavored teas and at first taste the same was true for this tea. After finishing my cup it actually gave me a terrible headache. However, for some reason I decided to give it another chance and I let the water cool a bit more before steeping it and reduced the time by about 30 seconds and was rewarded with a completely new, very enjoyable tea.

While the smell of the leaves is peachy, that doesn’t really make it into the taste which is fine with me. The white hibiscus and Jasmine aren’t overpowering, and add some wonderful notes to the flavor and feel of it. I just wish that there was enough of the blossoms in the mix to be able to have one in the cup every time I scoop some out. It definitely seems to taste better that way.

I got this as an I-just-finished-and-probably-failed-my-first-exam tea, and I’m pretty glad I did. I’m not generally a big white tea drinker, but I’m getting more into it. This has a pretty floral taste, but isn’t too perfumey. However, I am getting an icky aftertaste. Darn it. Also, I think there’s artificial flavouring in this one, which makes me sad. Still, it was nice, and I’m going to be finishing the .6 ounces.

First tea tried of David’s Tea. I really love the aroma of this – peachy! I love fresh peachy and lemony scents, so this attracted me when I first went into the store and asked for help.

Taste wise, it’s very light but not as I was expecting in taste. The scent just throws me off. I don’t know – maybe I’m not an ‘expert’ in tea tasting yet? lol, but I’m steadily developing my sense of taste.

I do drink a lot of green tea, so this was in a sense my first time drinking white tea, not having anything to really compare to.

I’m glad its not just me…this tea really does taste like fuzzy peaches! I was so surprised when I read the ingredients to discover that there are not even any peaches in it! I think it might be the jasmine as I have tried other teas such as Three Wishes Tea which also have jasmine and have a peachy smell and taste. I picked up a 10 g sample yesterday and probably won’t buy anymore but I am glad that I tried it. :)

Purchased a cup of this tea today with agave nectar, very much enjoyed it. I had to come back 30 minutes later and buy a 100g tin after I fell in love with it. Has a very sweet taste but not overwhelming, there is a mild mango like taste which greatly accents the flavor. I found that it tasted much better at home brewed with stevia. I would definitely recommend this tea, a new favorite.

It’s not bad, but it’s not something I’d buy regularly. Very smooth and light, similar to Kiwi’s Big Adventure (which I prefer) in that aspect.

Fantastic aroma!!! Tastes amazing served hot or chilled (with ice and agave nectar)

I just watched a religious social experiment documentary called Kumare. Vikram, an Indian-New Jerseyean dipped his toes back into his childhood faith, travelled to India, and started to film a documentary about yogis and babas in India. Vikram observed these “spiritual leaders”, followed them, lived with them, but couldn’t find any real substance to any. He asked, “Is there anything really to these gurus? If it seems so easy, why wouldn’t he be able to do it?”

Vikram turned around and flew back to America. Vikram transformed, with a full beard and put-on Indian accent, into Kumare. Kumare began teaching Arizonans about illusion, mirrors, and the true self. Kumare’s only tenet was that the external guru (effectively Kumare) was fake – an illusion – and that the true guru was inside oneself (for self transformation).

At one point, a psychic relayed to Kumare that Buddha had once said: “If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!” This tale reinforces Kumare’s teaching that the guru is no different than oneself and not to attach to any specific person or symbol other than one’s own self.

Infused with supernatural energy, Davids Tea’s Buddhas Blend is sweet and croppy. The bright, creamy mouthfeel slides into a warming fullness towards the end.

A preparation note: The Steepster averages seem quite extreme (77oz!), but the staff in the NYC storefront specifically warned against oversteeping, going as far as crossing out the 2min steep time in favor of a single minute. I’ve been brewing 2.5 tsps in 500mL at 175F for 1-2 minute to great delight.

Flavors: Almond, Cream, Geranium

Mmmm yummy! I got a sample of this in my order. I was skeptical, I always burn the delicate teas and they taste gross, but not this one. It was so floral and relaxing. I would definitely pick up 2oz of this every now and then, though it’s not a favorite.

Flavors: Jasmine

Thanks to Ost for sending another sample that’s been added to my wishlist! I oversteeped this a bit (and probably should have used cooler water), being too used to the blacks I’ve been having lately. But, it smelled wonderful and tasted good. This confirms yet again that I am in love with floral teas, which I didn’t necessarily expect this to be based on the name alone (I didn’t look up what was in this until after I’d already started drinking it). I could taste some sort of sweet fruit in this as well, but I was honestly so surprised by the flavor overall that I didn’t pay too much attention to specifics. I actually ended up not really noticing the little bit of bitterness either.

Flavors: Floral