Buddha's Blend

Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Peach, Flowers, Honey, Grass, Orchids
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1167 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1332 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I normally do not like flavored teas and at first taste the same was true for this tea. After finishing my cup it actually gave me a terrible headache. However, for some reason I decided to give it another chance and I let the water cool a bit more before steeping it and reduced the time by about 30 seconds and was rewarded with a completely new, very enjoyable tea.

While the smell of the leaves is peachy, that doesn’t really make it into the taste which is fine with me. The white hibiscus and Jasmine aren’t overpowering, and add some wonderful notes to the flavor and feel of it. I just wish that there was enough of the blossoms in the mix to be able to have one in the cup every time I scoop some out. It definitely seems to taste better that way.

I got this as an I-just-finished-and-probably-failed-my-first-exam tea, and I’m pretty glad I did. I’m not generally a big white tea drinker, but I’m getting more into it. This has a pretty floral taste, but isn’t too perfumey. However, I am getting an icky aftertaste. Darn it. Also, I think there’s artificial flavouring in this one, which makes me sad. Still, it was nice, and I’m going to be finishing the .6 ounces.

First tea tried of David’s Tea. I really love the aroma of this – peachy! I love fresh peachy and lemony scents, so this attracted me when I first went into the store and asked for help.

Taste wise, it’s very light but not as I was expecting in taste. The scent just throws me off. I don’t know – maybe I’m not an ‘expert’ in tea tasting yet? lol, but I’m steadily developing my sense of taste.

I do drink a lot of green tea, so this was in a sense my first time drinking white tea, not having anything to really compare to.

I’m glad its not just me…this tea really does taste like fuzzy peaches! I was so surprised when I read the ingredients to discover that there are not even any peaches in it! I think it might be the jasmine as I have tried other teas such as Three Wishes Tea which also have jasmine and have a peachy smell and taste. I picked up a 10 g sample yesterday and probably won’t buy anymore but I am glad that I tried it. :)

Purchased a cup of this tea today with agave nectar, very much enjoyed it. I had to come back 30 minutes later and buy a 100g tin after I fell in love with it. Has a very sweet taste but not overwhelming, there is a mild mango like taste which greatly accents the flavor. I found that it tasted much better at home brewed with stevia. I would definitely recommend this tea, a new favorite.

It’s not bad, but it’s not something I’d buy regularly. Very smooth and light, similar to Kiwi’s Big Adventure (which I prefer) in that aspect.

Fantastic aroma!!! Tastes amazing served hot or chilled (with ice and agave nectar)

I know its been forever since i last sat to write a review, so here goes… The Buddha must have had some good taste and so do there people at David’s tea because i was very happy with this green/ white blend. Now, normally I find white teas to be extremely mellow and sometimes without a strong overtone from another flavor i often lose sight of the tea and just taste warm water:( But they really did a great job with this one. As soon as you open the tea a very floral and sweet smell of hibiscus flower and green tea. The opening aroma in itself is amazing, so it lends to the inability to wait long enough for the tea to really brew:) The smooth taste of green tea and white tea really work well together in this blend. It might have been the white that absorbed the grassy flavor of a true green and the green lent to the white tea. However the true wonderfulness of this tea really comes from hibiscus flower petal that are so abundant in the tea itself, not mention they bloom out wonderfully and lend even more of that floral and sweet smell to the tea. You can smell it from around the room as it steeps and i can personally say that after 5 steepings this tea blend definitely has some staying power. 5 steeps! and the smell and flavor maintained tip the end…i just wish i had some more:)

Flavors: Flowers, Honey

Do you ever just stare at tea and look at how beautiful it is?
Yeah well I did that with this tea. The whole white hibiscus blossoms! They’re so pretty to look at! And the scent of the peach isn’t overbearing. Oh this tea is just great to look at and to smell okay
It’s honestly just dang gorgeous.

The peach shines through the jasmine and the hibiscus. I wouldn’t even have known there was jasmine in this if I didn’t read the label! Definitely bought this for the jasmine, but I don’t see or smell it in this blend, so I’m hoping that it’ll come out when I finally drink it.
WAIT WAIT. Yes, I do see the jasmine pearls! But the jasmine to other stuff proportion isn’t as large as I would have liked.
GUYS. IT SMELLS LIKE THE TROLLI PEACH-O’S!!! AND IT EVEN TASTES LIKE IT AS WELL!!
OH GOSH. I REALLY LIKE THIS TEA. IT TASTES LIKE CANDY AND BEAUTIFUL PEACH-O RINGS AND AHHHH SO SO SO GOOD.
but like.. I taste no jasmine at all :( Ahh well. I have like 4 other jasmine teas in my stash, if I want to taste the jasmine, I can just add more to this blend :)

It is a bit watered down for my taste, so I’ll just remember to overleaf a bit :)

Flavors: Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

I came up with this idea the other day that I would like to try all of the David’s Tea teas (the only loose leaf tea shop in my area), that way I know which ones I would like to keep on hand as well as know I’m not missing out on anything. To start off, I’m going through all the teas I currently have to take note of which ones I would like to buy again.

I just had a cup of Buddha’s Blend, using what I had left from the 24 Days of Tea advent calendar. I got a floral and peachy taste from it, and quite enjoyed it. It didn’t overly taste like a green tea to me, not much grassiness to it. I still need to try an unflavored white tea, so no comment on how much flavot the white tea had given off.
I would buy this one again.