Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Flowers, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Sweet, Tea, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Jasmine, Astringent, Green, Peach, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Pear, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Buddha’s Blend sounded promising so you know I had to go give it a try…

The name alone made me think zen, tranquility, and peaceful thoughts.

I have to say my favorite part about this tea was its smell. It was so delicious I could almost eat it. It was sweet, floral, and had a bit of a fragrance to it. It reminded me of the gummy bears and fuzzy peaches candy.

Once brewed I was a little disappointed as the taste did not quite live up to its delicious aroma. It tasted bitter. This could be my fault as I may have accidentally over steeped it. It did have a nice aftertaste that felt refreshing. I noticed I liked the tea better once it had cooled down – I could then taste more of the sweet floral taste.

I’ll have to give this tea another try and pay more attention to my steep time. With a smell this good it would be disappointing to have the tea taste bitter.

This is a very good tea! I was cautious because of the caffeine content and hibiscus, but it is a fine blend of slightly creamy, very flavourful, and a bit floral.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Milk, Sweet, Tannin, Tea

This smelled pleasantly fruity, but I couldn’t stand the taste. It was very floral, but the green tea was very bitter, so it ended up tasting soapy and unpleasant.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Fruity, Perfume, Soap

Love this tea but will not repurchase due to the artificial flavouring.

I love this tea, but it took me forever to figure out how to prepare it. Cooler then recommended water (I find anything above 75 C leaves it bitter), and much less tea then recommended. These two adjustments let the tea’s flavor shine, without overwhelming or becoming bitter. If you can handle how temperamental this tea is to make, it is fragrant, and leaves a sweet aftertaste.

Smells wonderful but I don’t like the taste.

Smells amazing in the bag, very fruity, which confused me because it doesn’t say anything about fruit in the ingredients. I thought I had accidentally opened the White Nectarine and had to double check label.
Lightly sweet with a delicate peach flavor, a hint of jasmine. This is more peachy than some supposed peach teas I’ve had. Not all what I was expecting, but it is very good. Being a white tea, you have to be very careful about temp/time. My tiny 5g sample didn’t have any hibiscus flowers in it.

This seems to be one of David’s staple teas, but I never had a chance to get a sample till now. Dry, it smells deliciously of peach and tropical fruit, plus some hints of jasmine. I am pretty sensitive to jasmine, but fortunately this is not very strong, though there is just a tinge of chemical-ness in the flavor. David’s markets this under their white tea section, so I was a little surprised to see how much of the mix is actually green tea. By the look of the mix, I’d guess it’s 2/3 white, 1/3 green. But the green tea is what’s coming out most in the flavor.

I feel like this has almost exactly the same flavor profile as their Three Wishes tea. Three Wishes had some rose petals, but these didn’t come through much in the taste. The main difference was its black/green base instead of this white/green base, but both had strong peach, mango, and jasmine notes. I quite liked Three Wishes, but it was a challenge to steep; if you got the water just a little too hot or left it just slightly too long, the floral aspects would turn it into a nasty mess. Unfortunately, Buddha’s Blend seems like it would be much the same, or perhaps even MORE picky, what with the white base. So much as I love peach and mango, I don’t think I’ll be stocking this.

Still catching up on 24 days of tea reviews. But what better time than a blizzard to stay inside with some tea?

This tea has a nice floral taste to it but it’s too astringent for my liking.

Bitter, floral.

Leaf smells great but brews into an average tea. Wouldn’t buy again.

Second steep was still strong, but didn’t bother with a third.

Flavors: Floral