Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Almond, Cream, Geranium, Jasmine, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Peach, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2179 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2014 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Visiting Davids Tea today I got to try their “mystery tea” which is melon-themed. It was nice in that it felt authentically melon-like and wasn’t just another tropical pineapple, fruity tea blend. It was sweet, as expected, but actually kind of nice. Melon’s not a flavor I go crazy for, nor is is one that replicates super well without flavoring. It was alright and I think it will be a hit in the Spring/Summer.

Back to Buddha’s Blend…
I’ve smelled this tea few times when I walked into the Davids Tea store, so I figured it was time to actually try it. The loose leaf is gorgeous with big, white hibiscus blossoms, and smells very floral. I was warned when brewing it, not to go over the recommended 4 minutes, which may explain why this tea wasn’t a favorite for some people on Steepster. That said, it still brewed up a lush golden color, and smelled richly fruity, with a focus on peach. The scent has gentler tones of jasmine underneath. Drinking the tea, it definitely seems like a white tea (it’s a white and green blend) and there’s a lightness to the body and mouthfeel of it. The earthy (almost dusty?) flavor of white tea plays nice with the fruity notes, and comes through most at the end of the sip along with the jasmine. I can see in the aftertaste how this tea could get bitter so easily. I feel it being a little sticky or prickly on the back of my tongue. This is a delicious tea, in my opinion, and it is what I wish some of the other summer teas (like Just Peachy) had been. There is natural fruit-sweetness, lush floral fragrance, and genuine tea flavors, all without needing sugar or too much candy-flavoring. Probably too blended and sweet a tea for hardcore white and green tea analysts, but nice for a playful tea drinker.

Flavors: Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Jasmine, Orchids, Peach

Definitely a tasting tea before it ends up in your tea spot of regulars.

I wish I had tasted this one in the store before I brought it home.No sense in wasting the tea leaves now. This tea can become a quick bitterness if one is not careful. Not my cup of tea, but like books, there are teas for everyone. If you are a green and bitter tea lover, I encourage a tasting.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Flavors: Bitter, Jasmine

I believe I got this sample from Jump62359.

This smells juicy and peachy and a bit floral. Steeped up is still juicy peach and floral aroma, but less intoxicating than the dry leaf. Holy flowerbomb! This is very floral, with enough fruity peachiness to keep it from getting lost in the wave of flowers rolling across your taste buds. The peach and the floral actually make a good pair, but it’s just too floral for me. I’m not much of a floral person, but if you are this is for you.

Editted to add, I guess I have tried this one before, seems like I had a much different experience last time. I mentioned the peach drowning out the jasmine. Total opposite experience this time, weird.

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I’ve left this one until last, primarily because green/jasmine teas have never really been my thing, and part of me at least is a bit scared of them. Silly, but true. Because I’m braver at work, I brought this sample with me to try today. I used 1 tsp of leaf in water cooled to around 180, and gave it 3 minutes.

The resulting liquor is a medium yellow-green. It smells surprisingly fruity. The initial flavour is peach — it’s quite fuzzy and natural tasting, thankfully, as peach is something I can be very picky about. After the initial fruitiness, I get mostly jasmine. It’s quite floral and sweet, although not overpoweringly so. A tiny bit of green tea pokes out in the aftertaste, but it’s smooth, a little grassy, and not at all bitter or astringent.

Overall, this one is okay. It’s a combination of flavours that’s never going to be my favourite, but it’s more drinkable than I feared. Thanks to ashleyelizabeth for giving me the chance to try this one!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I recently had my first outing to David’s Tea on a recommendation from a friend. I am so glad I ended up going! I had a lot of fun and the person helping me was very knowledgable. I wanted a floral tea with jasmine, and he hooked me right up! I am partial to jasmine and this delivers well! I have been drinking it on and off for a month. In the beginning I really liked the tea but now I find it a bit bitter. No idea what happened! But while enjoying it, it was great if you like the floral teas!

The smell of this tea is amazing. Very peachy and floral, reminds me of the fuzzy peaches candy. It has a very light taste and I wanted to bring out more of the peach flavor so I tried sweetening it with brown sugar crystals – bad idea. It changed the flavor entirely, I definitely like this tea but will probably experiment with different sweeteners or just stick with it plain.

Flavors: Floral, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

I love this!! I just add a lil bit of honey, and I reach nirvana!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

One of my favourites. So absolutely delicious once I found out the perfect steeping parameters (Thank you Shayne!!). If it’s over steeped or steeped in water that is too hot, it gets SUPER bitter but if steeped properly it’s sweet, floral and super flavourful.

This tea is very relaxing and also very confusing. To me, it tastes very definitively of peach with some honey notes. However, neither of these things are listed in the ingredients list. Whatever, I’m still enjoying it although there is a slight astringency at the end of the sip that I’m not crazy about.

Also, I can’t stop watching Hannibal! Thanks a lot Ost and Virgnia. LOL

Flavors: Honey, Peach

Ost

Ah yes!! Hannibal!! The second season will rip out your heart though…brace yourself. You’ll need a lot of comfort tea after that!

I got this as a gift a while ago, and on the bag the suggested steep parameters had been crossed out and “30 seconds” written in by hand. And, looking at the ingredients, I decided to abide by them.
Sipping it, it’s definitely something that could easily be oversteeped. Dry it smells mostly of jasmine and hibiscus (peaches?), and I get manly jasmine and peach when I sip it. I think the hibiscus is what makes the peach in this; I’m glad there doesn’t seem to be very much of it, and I can’t really taste it on its own (didn’t really see any in the bag, and the brew didn’t instantly turn pink, but you can definitely smell it), as I’m still not a huge fan of hibiscus.
This’ the last of this, as well. At thirty seconds it’s not bad (and can be resteeped); I don’t know if I’d buy it myself, though.

Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML