Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Green, Jasmine, Peach, Fruity, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Pleasantly surprised by this tea! This is a sample. I was excited about trying a white tea, though its a white/green tea blend, and flavored. The juicy peachy smell is delicious. I’m finding that I looove floral teas, and love the juicy scents of fruity teas (though the fruity tastes have been hit or miss for me). I put my hot water in a mason jar and added a 1.5 tsp of this tea; the scent was immediately amplified. Set the timer and went about my business. When I came back to run it through a filter, the leaves and blossoms had unfurled and were huge! They filled the glass. So pretty. My drink was slightly oversteeped but still quite yummy. I’d like there to be some more of this in my cupboard.

I got this as a sample from my order that I placed with David’s tea. I wanted something with caffeine while I studied so I decided to open this baby up. I think I might have used wayyy too much because I didn’t enjoy this at all.

However, The smell was so amazing that’s why I was super excited to try it! I assumed it was going to taste pretty floral from the description which it did. The scent though was OMG amazing. I will try it again iced to give it another go but it wasn’t as mind blowing as I had hoped.

I didn’t taste any peach at all. The last two sips were very bitter and jasmine-y. I can still taste it on my tongue almost an hour later. Not about it.

It is a decent tea to sip and would be nice with supper I think but if it is as expensive as people say, then I don’t think it’s that out of this world to garner being purchased for that reason.

Flavors: Jasmine, Peach

If you want a basic white tea, this is great. I mean, there isnt much to say about it. A really mild, great tasting white tea! Only warning, as is with all white teas, DO NOT OVER STEEP! This gets very bitter… watch your timer carefully.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Discovered I had a little sample of this in my cupboard. Its light and a little fruity. Don’t know if I’ll purchase it anytime soon though because I’m not drinking as many fruity teas.

Flavors: Fruity

I just watched a religious social experiment documentary called Kumare. Vikram, an Indian-New Jerseyean dipped his toes back into his childhood faith, travelled to India, and started to film a documentary about yogis and babas in India. Vikram observed these “spiritual leaders”, followed them, lived with them, but couldn’t find any real substance to any. He asked, “Is there anything really to these gurus? If it seems so easy, why wouldn’t he be able to do it?”

Vikram turned around and flew back to America. Vikram transformed, with a full beard and put-on Indian accent, into Kumare. Kumare began teaching Arizonans about illusion, mirrors, and the true self. Kumare’s only tenet was that the external guru (effectively Kumare) was fake – an illusion – and that the true guru was inside oneself (for self transformation).

At one point, a psychic relayed to Kumare that Buddha had once said: “If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!” This tale reinforces Kumare’s teaching that the guru is no different than oneself and not to attach to any specific person or symbol other than one’s own self.

Infused with supernatural energy, Davids Tea’s Buddhas Blend is sweet and croppy. The bright, creamy mouthfeel slides into a warming fullness towards the end.

A preparation note: The Steepster averages seem quite extreme (77oz!), but the staff in the NYC storefront specifically warned against oversteeping, going as far as crossing out the 2min steep time in favor of a single minute. I’ve been brewing 2.5 tsps in 500mL at 175F for 1-2 minute to great delight.

Flavors: Almond, Cream, Geranium

Mmmm yummy! I got a sample of this in my order. I was skeptical, I always burn the delicate teas and they taste gross, but not this one. It was so floral and relaxing. I would definitely pick up 2oz of this every now and then, though it’s not a favorite.

Flavors: Jasmine

Thanks to Ost for sending another sample that’s been added to my wishlist! I oversteeped this a bit (and probably should have used cooler water), being too used to the blacks I’ve been having lately. But, it smelled wonderful and tasted good. This confirms yet again that I am in love with floral teas, which I didn’t necessarily expect this to be based on the name alone (I didn’t look up what was in this until after I’d already started drinking it). I could taste some sort of sweet fruit in this as well, but I was honestly so surprised by the flavor overall that I didn’t pay too much attention to specifics. I actually ended up not really noticing the little bit of bitterness either.

Flavors: Floral

Visiting Davids Tea today I got to try their “mystery tea” which is melon-themed. It was nice in that it felt authentically melon-like and wasn’t just another tropical pineapple, fruity tea blend. It was sweet, as expected, but actually kind of nice. Melon’s not a flavor I go crazy for, nor is is one that replicates super well without flavoring. It was alright and I think it will be a hit in the Spring/Summer.

Back to Buddha’s Blend…
I’ve smelled this tea few times when I walked into the Davids Tea store, so I figured it was time to actually try it. The loose leaf is gorgeous with big, white hibiscus blossoms, and smells very floral. I was warned when brewing it, not to go over the recommended 4 minutes, which may explain why this tea wasn’t a favorite for some people on Steepster. That said, it still brewed up a lush golden color, and smelled richly fruity, with a focus on peach. The scent has gentler tones of jasmine underneath. Drinking the tea, it definitely seems like a white tea (it’s a white and green blend) and there’s a lightness to the body and mouthfeel of it. The earthy (almost dusty?) flavor of white tea plays nice with the fruity notes, and comes through most at the end of the sip along with the jasmine. I can see in the aftertaste how this tea could get bitter so easily. I feel it being a little sticky or prickly on the back of my tongue. This is a delicious tea, in my opinion, and it is what I wish some of the other summer teas (like Just Peachy) had been. There is natural fruit-sweetness, lush floral fragrance, and genuine tea flavors, all without needing sugar or too much candy-flavoring. Probably too blended and sweet a tea for hardcore white and green tea analysts, but nice for a playful tea drinker.

Flavors: Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Jasmine, Orchids, Peach

Definitely a tasting tea before it ends up in your tea spot of regulars.

I wish I had tasted this one in the store before I brought it home.No sense in wasting the tea leaves now. This tea can become a quick bitterness if one is not careful with steeping time Not my cup of tea, but like books, there are teas for everyone. If you are a green tea connoisseur, I encourage a tasting.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Flavors: Bitter, Jasmine

I believe I got this sample from Jump62359.

This smells juicy and peachy and a bit floral. Steeped up is still juicy peach and floral aroma, but less intoxicating than the dry leaf. Holy flowerbomb! This is very floral, with enough fruity peachiness to keep it from getting lost in the wave of flowers rolling across your taste buds. The peach and the floral actually make a good pair, but it’s just too floral for me. I’m not much of a floral person, but if you are this is for you.

Editted to add, I guess I have tried this one before, seems like I had a much different experience last time. I mentioned the peach drowning out the jasmine. Total opposite experience this time, weird.