Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Fruity, Milk, Sweet, Tannin, Tea, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Jasmine, Astringent, Green, Peach, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Flowers, Pear, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this tea, but it took me forever to figure out how to prepare it. Cooler then recommended water (I find anything above 75 C leaves it bitter), and much less tea then recommended. These two adjustments let the tea’s flavor shine, without overwhelming or becoming bitter. If you can handle how temperamental this tea is to make, it is fragrant, and leaves a sweet aftertaste.

Smells wonderful but I don’t like the taste.

Smells amazing in the bag, very fruity, which confused me because it doesn’t say anything about fruit in the ingredients. I thought I had accidentally opened the White Nectarine and had to double check label.
Lightly sweet with a delicate peach flavor, a hint of jasmine. This is more peachy than some supposed peach teas I’ve had. Not all what I was expecting, but it is very good. Being a white tea, you have to be very careful about temp/time. My tiny 5g sample didn’t have any hibiscus flowers in it.

This seems to be one of David’s staple teas, but I never had a chance to get a sample till now. Dry, it smells deliciously of peach and tropical fruit, plus some hints of jasmine. I am pretty sensitive to jasmine, but fortunately this is not very strong, though there is just a tinge of chemical-ness in the flavor. David’s markets this under their white tea section, so I was a little surprised to see how much of the mix is actually green tea. By the look of the mix, I’d guess it’s 2/3 white, 1/3 green. But the green tea is what’s coming out most in the flavor.

I feel like this has almost exactly the same flavor profile as their Three Wishes tea. Three Wishes had some rose petals, but these didn’t come through much in the taste. The main difference was its black/green base instead of this white/green base, but both had strong peach, mango, and jasmine notes. I quite liked Three Wishes, but it was a challenge to steep; if you got the water just a little too hot or left it just slightly too long, the floral aspects would turn it into a nasty mess. Unfortunately, Buddha’s Blend seems like it would be much the same, or perhaps even MORE picky, what with the white base. So much as I love peach and mango, I don’t think I’ll be stocking this.

Still catching up on 24 days of tea reviews. But what better time than a blizzard to stay inside with some tea?

This tea has a nice floral taste to it but it’s too astringent for my liking.

Bitter, floral.

Leaf smells great but brews into an average tea. Wouldn’t buy again.

Second steep was still strong, but didn’t bother with a third.

Flavors: Floral

This smells absolutely amazing! It’s viscosity is also visibly higher than that of other teas—it actually looked thicker as I strained it. It comes out a honey color.

The first sip is actually a bit bitter, but I can taste the sweet jasmine and hibiscus underneath that. I steeped it at 180 for the white tea, but I’ll try 175 to try and play nice with the green tea? Maybe that’ll help. :P

It’s very light and unique. :) It has an intoxicating smell to it. Not really sure what it’s coming from.

I love white and green tea blends, though. Yum! (Plus the skinny tin is super duper cute!)

Flavors: Hibiscus, Honey, Jasmine, Sweet

daily resolution 6/14
Reviewing in retrospect. It just smells so good.
Overleafed and oversteeped the first time around and still enjoyed it (even if it was a tad bitterer than I’d like). Learned from my mistakes, and the second try was light and fragrant, and the surprising peach really came through.
I may or may not have spent the rest of the day shoving the dregs of my mug into my friends’ faces.

Flavors: Astringent, Floral, Green, Jasmine, Peach, Smooth

Got a sample from “your daily resolution” sampler from DAVIDsTEA. I am a fan of florals, especially jasmine and peach and I like the idea of the green/white/jasmine tea blend. The smell of the dry tea really caught my attention, definitely peachy but I noticed a little bitterness undertone when I smelled deeper that did not come through when steeped. I was careful not to over steep, around 2 minutes and that was just about right because it turned out beautifully. It tastes vegetal, grassy and peachy. I know there was a couple of jasmine pearls in there but the jasmine did not come out as much as I hoped, so when I make this again I may toss in a jasmine butterfly (from DAVIDsTEA) to bump up the floral. Now as I get to the bottom of my first cup, I am hooked and my rating keeps moving up. Would recommend to people who like florals and peach.

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I liked this one a lot. I think it’s one of my favorite white tea from DT as of now. I would like to purchase it!