Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach, Honey, Flowers, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Orchids, Bitter, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1719 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1849 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is very relaxing and also very confusing. To me, it tastes very definitively of peach with some honey notes. However, neither of these things are listed in the ingredients list. Whatever, I’m still enjoying it although there is a slight astringency at the end of the sip that I’m not crazy about.

Also, I can’t stop watching Hannibal! Thanks a lot Ost and Virgnia. LOL

Flavors: Honey, Peach

Ost

Ah yes!! Hannibal!! The second season will rip out your heart though…brace yourself. You’ll need a lot of comfort tea after that!

I got this as a gift a while ago, and on the bag the suggested steep parameters had been crossed out and “30 seconds” written in by hand. And, looking at the ingredients, I decided to abide by them.
Sipping it, it’s definitely something that could easily be oversteeped. Dry it smells mostly of jasmine and hibiscus (peaches?), and I get manly jasmine and peach when I sip it. I think the hibiscus is what makes the peach in this; I’m glad there doesn’t seem to be very much of it, and I can’t really taste it on its own (didn’t really see any in the bag, and the brew didn’t instantly turn pink, but you can definitely smell it), as I’m still not a huge fan of hibiscus.
This’ the last of this, as well. At thirty seconds it’s not bad (and can be resteeped); I don’t know if I’d buy it myself, though.

Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve never re-steeped this one before, so I tried that today. A little weak but not terrible, 1:30 the first time, 2:00 the second. It was okay, I guess I’d do it again? I wouldn’t try more than two steepings though. I think sugar helped (1 tsp turbinado).

Flavors: Flowers, Fruity, Sweet

Oh my goodness, this is horrid. I wanted to love it – my daughter got me two of the automatically locking tins at DAVIDs with her allowance – and yet, this is repulsive to me. Bitter, fake and… of course, fake strawberry flavoring in it, or something I’m wildly allergic to. Bleh. This is the worst face I’ve made all day for a tea. Just disgusting.

Who was it that asked for a tea that I HATE? Yeah, you’re getting some of this. :)

lmao

Virginia

Hahaha it’s ME! I’ve had this before…Girl it ain’t THAT bad! XD I thought it was ok. This is why I love asking people to send me one sample of something they really dislike, I find it so interesting to compare. Tastes vary so much from one person to the next.

FAILURE! I have never had a white tea go bitter on me … this is so bitter it’s undrinkable! I prepared according to David’s parameters and it failed. I still have two small samples that I can try different parameters but I don’t have high hopes.

I let this one steep for 4 and a half minutes, at a very very low temperature after reading everybody else’s comments. The taste is mostly peach, with a faint floral je-ne-sais-quoi, and an astringency I can relate to green tea. There is a sweetness, a bit like cantaloupe. I wouldn’t say it is bitter, but I can see that it’s probably very easy to get there. I actually liked this one, not enough to say I would buy it (this was a sample), but I won’t procrastinate to finish it.

Currently my all time favorite tea. Has a lovely aroma and tastes delicious as long as you don’t oversteep it. I personally prefer my tea on the bitter side so I steep it longer than suggested. If you’ve tried it and hated it, try steeping at a lower water temperature (like around 175 degrees F) and only steep it for 2 minutes. I love drinking it hot and cold so I can have it all year round and I love the hibiscus and jasmine flavour the tea has.

Buddha’s Blend… oh Buddha’s blend…

Funny story…
About a week or two ago, I came to work, filled the tea kettle, several minutes later I went back, filled my cup, let it sit for a few more minutes (didn’t want the water to be too hot for this tea), steeped for the appropriate amount of time, then took a sip. You know, you’re usual tea routine…. what’s unusual about it? I didn’t turn on the kettle!! hahahahahaha So I essentially cold steeped this for 3-4mins before taking a surprising sip. Wasn’t expecting that! IT was cooooooold.
I wasn’t thrilled, but I wasn’t… too disappointed either. It actually tastes pretty good cold steeped like that! Who would have guessed? haha I still got all the amazing flavours and didn’t even guess there was hibiscus. But the interesting thing is, it’s WHITE hibiscus. Is there a difference? I think their must be. ‘Cause I didn’t get the evil tart that I normally get with the hibiscus.

So today is the day to drink it hot! I’m steeping for 4mins and I used the last of my sample so SIPDOWN! I was worried I might do the same thing again, but as I’m writing this note, I am distracted by the steam rising and dancing in front of my eyes, calling to me to try it, only it’s not quite ready yet. It’s turning a lovely shade of pale yellow, unlike when I coldsteeped it. At that point it looked like slightly coloured water.

Smells like flowers, which usually turns me off, but this time it’s soothing the surges of frustration that are plaguing me from things not working and me not having much to do today. I want to be busier.

Is it… do I dare say it… should I admit it… It is a flower tea though… and it’s hot…
I’m going to say it!!! I like my accidental cold steep better!!! WHAT?! Say it ain’t so!!

It’s fine hot, but I think the 4 min steep was too long. It’s got a ting of bitterness to it and it’s not nearly as soft and smooth as it was before. I found it to be sweet and light and refreshing… Now I’m finding it to be deeper and a bit… too… much…? I guess. I liked the way the jasmine was just right before, where as now it feels heavy and not nearly as refreshing as before. How is that possible? And if you can get a great cold steep in minutes, why am I not trying it more?!

I am SO confused!! But this tea is delicious and I would probably keep small amounts in my cupboard for those days I’m want something refreshing. But until I drink down some teas, I shall bid this one a farewell… until we meet again…

TheKesser

Maybe today I steeped it in too hot of water…? That could explain the bitterness too.

Day 9 of my Easter Advent calendar

The smell of this one really got me. Smells very peachy, which is fun because there’s no peach actually in it. Interesting. Oh, right “artificial flavour”. Peaches. Expectations: decreased.

Tried to scoop out a little of everything to put in the steeping basket. I think I was at least mostly successful. Steeped probably too long, since it was a little bitter towards the end of the cup. Ah, well. No one ever said I was an expert.

The taste is distinctly peachy. Not like the fruit…like the sour candy. Since I don’t really like fuzzy peaches I wasn’t all that impressed, but I wasn’t necessarily disgusted. It was…weird. I would have liked the tea, I think, without any kind of flavour added. Why does it have to have flavouring?! Why not just the goodness of tea?!

I have at least one more cup of this left, maybe two. Before I decide if I’d recommend it, I’ll drink it again.

Verdict: because it’s a white base I doubt I’d ever buy it because it’s expensive and not outstanding.

Been drinking more iced teas these days as the weather is starting to warm up (or go crazy in the form of hail/thunderstorms/sun that is vancouver). Smells and tastes super peach and floral – quite refreshing actually.