Buddha's Blend

Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Peach, Flowers, Honey, Grass, Orchids
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1176 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1343 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Lovely. Absolutely lovely.

I did a tea swap today with De and aisling of tea (if you ever get the chance, swap with them as they will give you BUCKETS of tea) and we used the local David’s Tea as our meetup spot. They got some dried teas and some brewed teas to go, so I followed suit. And let me say, this was one lovely blend.

The flavours of the white and green blend really well together, so you can’t tell which type of tea is dominant. There wasn’t much jasmine flavour in my cup, but it smelled sweet and floral and fruity – almost like peach juice. There was a hint of peach flavour on the back of my tongue, but no one flavour won out over the others. I’m definitely going to add this to my cupboard when I get the chance.

Anna

Hehe, I love the visual – three tea aficionados meet up in a DT and surreptitiously swap leaf packages. I’m picturing secret handshakes and stuff.

Christina

Well, it was more like me giving them one teensy ziploc bag and them giving me a GROCERY BAG full of stuff. I swear, the number of teas they gave me was almost enough to completely double the size of my cupboard.

Anna

That’s how they get you hooked! (They sound awesome.)

gmathis

Sounds like af un day!

This is so lovely! It’s light and floral with a definite peach taste/smell. It looks quite lovely when steeping because of the white hibiscus buds. I have drank this hot and cold. straight and with a bit of agave. Its really delicious either way, however agave is not needed. I only put it in when Im trying to be a sweet tooth craving.

Flavors: Flowers, Grass, Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

This blend is very smooth, you can taste the jasmine in the back and enjoy some acid fruit in the front

Flavors: Flowers

Floral AND fruity, with just a slight tang of bitterness that I actually enjoy. Well worth the purchase!

Fruity but light. Not a hint of bitterness. A mellow tea for a calm mind!

This was a nice, light tea. It felt very cleansing after a big meal. While I don’t know that Buddha would have drank this (he was born in Nepal and I’m not sure what they would have drank there at the time) it is certainly something I can imagine drinking while at a meditation retreat, or to relax in the afternoon. It tastes like a peachy green tea, nice and fruity.

Buddha’s Blend has a very peachy smell when the tin is first opened, which is quite nice. When brewed, some of that same peachy flavor (a lot of which actually comes from the hibiscus flowers, I think) is transferred to the tea, along with a nice flowery jasmine flavor. Neither flavor is too overwhelming, and I could still taste the tea.

Because I like both fruity and floral teas at times, I was quite fond of Buddha’s Blend. I think it’s one of my favorites in the 2013 advent calendar and it’s one I’d consider ordering again. I do think this is priced a little high for the quantity of white tea you actually receive and I think this would only be a hit with people who enjoy floral flavors.

Day #18 of the advent calendar! Another new taste for me, hurray! This one had a little bit of everything – white tea, green tea, floral, fruit. Not my favourite (I’m not usually a big fan of floral-heavy tea, as this one appears to me), but a nice treat for today.

Fruity, flavorful. A bit bitter at first but soon improved. Nice mellow tea, not too strong; chill.

greatness in a cup. would drink any day, anytime