Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Peach, Jasmine, Pear, Vegetal, Medicinal, Green, Hibiscus, Astringent, Fruity, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I didn’t like this tea. The first couple of times I made it, I got distracted and let it oversteep, and it was so awful I couldn’t stomach it. Usually really strong tea doesn’t bother me, as I grew up drinking green tea left in boiling water for hours on end.

Finally, I got the courage to make it again, and I’ve found it drinkable, but nothing special. I don’t know if it’s the hibiscus or what, but there’s slightly medicine-y undertones to it. I guess if you like reeeeeally floral brews you might like it, but it’s not my cup of tea.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal

so I got this as a free sample from ordering from the David’s Tea site, as soon as I opened it I was amazed by how great it smells, I was hesitant to take this to work with me this morning so I’m having it with dinner, I usually go with something lower on the caffeine scale for after work wind-down but I figured what the heck, normally with something that smells this great I make my husband take a whiff (he kind of hates it), but he just got 2 of his wisdom teeth removed yesterday so I figured I’d take pity on him and leave him be.. anyways, back to the tea.. nice, floral taste to it, got much stronger as it sat/got to the bottom of the cup.. like really strong, almost like chewing on a flower, if I got it as a sample again I wouldn’t hesitate to make it again but I’m not sure this is one I’ll be keeping on hand at all times.

Flavors: Floral

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

I find pit fruit flavours go well with white teas. Some find they either love it or hate it, my palate LOVES it. Peaches n Cream by Sloane is another good one, but it’s harder to find I think because it’s an Indigo/Chapters exclusive.
This one is a bit more floral than the Sloane one and you can’t over steep it or it gets bitter, so keep an eye on it when brewing!! ;)

Flavors: Floral, Green, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

I’ll have to try cold steeping this one, as it is so so finnicky when it comes to being bitter.
I wish it smelled as sweet and juicy as the dry leaf, but even with 175 temp water and a short steep, I rarely get a relaxing brew. More often than not, I’m left with a bitter cup that is overwhelmed with jasmine.

Oh Buddha’s Blend, I yearn for your to take me to nirvana, but I’ll have to find that in another tea.

Flavors: Astringent, Jasmine

Fjellrev

Welcome back, Daisy! Was wondering where you went. :)

DaisyChubb

hehe, thanks! I got wrapped up in a whirlwind of … well I don’t know what, but I’m back for now at least ;)

I don’t like teas that are so delicate that it becomes a complete crap-shoot on whether or not it’s going to be drinkable every time you make it.

I got this as a sample and I’m guessing the planets must have been aligned in my favour that day because it was AMAZING. Delicate, floral with a light, sweet, fruity quality. I’ve had it sent to me as a sample several more times since then and I can not for the life of me make it as well as I made it that first time. The finished product ranges anywhere from slightly bitter to completely undrinkable.

I’ve experimented with water temperatures, amounts of leaves, amount of water and steeping times. I’ve looked up how other people have made it and followed their advice to the letter. No good. It’s always awful and it’s frustrating because I know how good it can be if only I could get it right again.

Anyway, I don’t think the perfect cup of Buddha’s Blend is going to happen for me ever again and I don’t think a tea whereby the end result is a complete gamble is really worth it, to be honest.

I definitely taste the jasmine in this tea. It also has a decided fruity characteristic to it even though they add no fruit to it. That must be from the jasmine or the hibiscus flowers. There is also a very slight sour note to this tea, barely noticeable, but there. Despite that it is still an enjoyable tea.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 2 min.

Flavors: Fruity, Jasmine

My favorite tea’s of all time!! Been drinking it daily for at least a year. In love

Flavors: Hibiscus, Jasmine

I received a sample packet of this with my last order from David’s. This one really isn’t for me. It has a weird after taste. Since I can’t actually taste, I can’t tell you what it is. But I do not like it. I think I’ll brew up a pot of an old favorite like Glitter & Gold or Cranberry Pear to take the taste out of my mouth.

Mind you, someone who can taste might adore this tea. When you read my tasting notes, you should keep in mind that there may be subtler flavors that round a tea out that I am missing.

Anlina

I love being able to buy 10g samples in store. I have saved myself so much money not buying large quantities of teas that are not for me. It’s too bad they don’t offer sample sizes on their website.

Maddy Barone

It’s a shame I live in Fargo ND where we don’t have any tea shops. I’m maybe heading up to the Peg in about a month and if I do, I’ll hit Polo Park. The folks at David’s have always been helpful to me. I’ll get a selection of small amounts of teas I’d like to try.

This tea is everything I love about tea. It has the gentle earthiness of the green and white tea, with the sweet floral notes of jasmine, and the welcome undertone of hibiscus and peachiness. It smells amazing, tastes amazing, works well hot and cold, and brews very even. Some people talk about oversteeping bitterness, but I rebrew off the same bag so never have an issue.

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 15 of the advent calendar. I like white tea and green tea and this one has both so it was right up my alley. It has a nice light flavour with a touch of peach and jasmine. You have to be careful not to over-steep this one or it gets terribly bitter. I enjoyed it and I am betting that it would be great iced.

Flavors: Green, Jasmine, Peach