Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Jasmine, Orchids, Peach, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2367 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 697 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks Jump62359 for sending this to me in the game of Tealephone.

Holy moly, this smells so fruity and juicy. Went I checked my mail this morning, I could smell it as I was pulling it out of the mailbox, through the package. I already knew I had to have what ever was in there iced.

I had no idea what hibiscus looked like before. I know what it tastes like, but I never knew what thing among all the other things in a blend was the hibiscus. So when I saw the huge whole flower in the bag I didn’t know what it was. Saw that it was hibiscus, and said oh no you don’t, and took it out of my infuser.

I love jasmine, it’s just about the only flower that I like in my teas. And I like peaches (sort of manditory when you’re the state below Georgia. In elementary school, if you didn’t eat your peach cup that came with your lunch, the kids would fight over who got it, and then talk about how weird you were for not wanting it). The peach seems to drown out the jasmine here. I do get it at the end of the sip, but its sort of perfume-y and fake, and then it melds with the peach in a long lingering after sip.

Overall, it’s not bad. I might try steeping it a bit shorter just to cut back on the perfume taste, but a nice iced tea all the same.

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I’ve left this one until last, primarily because green/jasmine teas have never really been my thing, and part of me at least is a bit scared of them. Silly, but true. Because I’m braver at work, I brought this sample with me to try today. I used 1 tsp of leaf in water cooled to around 180, and gave it 3 minutes.

The resulting liquor is a medium yellow-green. It smells surprisingly fruity. The initial flavour is peach — it’s quite fuzzy and natural tasting, thankfully, as peach is something I can be very picky about. After the initial fruitiness, I get mostly jasmine. It’s quite floral and sweet, although not overpoweringly so. A tiny bit of green tea pokes out in the aftertaste, but it’s smooth, a little grassy, and not at all bitter or astringent.

Overall, this one is okay. It’s a combination of flavours that’s never going to be my favourite, but it’s more drinkable than I feared. Thanks to ashleyelizabeth for giving me the chance to try this one!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I recently had my first outing to David’s Tea on a recommendation from a friend. I am so glad I ended up going! I had a lot of fun and the person helping me was very knowledgable. I wanted a floral tea with jasmine, and he hooked me right up! I am partial to jasmine and this delivers well! I have been drinking it on and off for a month. In the beginning I really liked the tea but now I find it a bit bitter. No idea what happened! But while enjoying it, it was great if you like the floral teas!

The smell of this tea is amazing. Very peachy and floral, reminds me of the fuzzy peaches candy. It has a very light taste and I wanted to bring out more of the peach flavor so I tried sweetening it with brown sugar crystals – bad idea. It changed the flavor entirely, I definitely like this tea but will probably experiment with different sweeteners or just stick with it plain.

Flavors: Floral, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

I love this!! I just add a lil bit of honey, and I reach nirvana!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

One of my favourites. So absolutely delicious once I found out the perfect steeping parameters (Thank you Shayne!!). If it’s over steeped or steeped in water that is too hot, it gets SUPER bitter but if steeped properly it’s sweet, floral and super flavourful.

This tea is very relaxing and also very confusing. To me, it tastes very definitively of peach with some honey notes. However, neither of these things are listed in the ingredients list. Whatever, I’m still enjoying it although there is a slight astringency at the end of the sip that I’m not crazy about.

Also, I can’t stop watching Hannibal! Thanks a lot Ost and Virgnia. LOL

Flavors: Honey, Peach

Ost

Ah yes!! Hannibal!! The second season will rip out your heart though…brace yourself. You’ll need a lot of comfort tea after that!

I got this as a gift a while ago, and on the bag the suggested steep parameters had been crossed out and “30 seconds” written in by hand. And, looking at the ingredients, I decided to abide by them.
Sipping it, it’s definitely something that could easily be oversteeped. Dry it smells mostly of jasmine and hibiscus (peaches?), and I get manly jasmine and peach when I sip it. I think the hibiscus is what makes the peach in this; I’m glad there doesn’t seem to be very much of it, and I can’t really taste it on its own (didn’t really see any in the bag, and the brew didn’t instantly turn pink, but you can definitely smell it), as I’m still not a huge fan of hibiscus.
This’ the last of this, as well. At thirty seconds it’s not bad (and can be resteeped); I don’t know if I’d buy it myself, though.

Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve never re-steeped this one before, so I tried that today. A little weak but not terrible, 1:30 the first time, 2:00 the second. It was okay, I guess I’d do it again? I wouldn’t try more than two steepings though. I think sugar helped (1 tsp turbinado).

Flavors: Flowers, Fruity, Sweet

Oh my goodness, this is horrid. I wanted to love it – my daughter got me two of the automatically locking tins at DAVIDs with her allowance – and yet, this is repulsive to me. Bitter, fake and… of course, fake strawberry flavoring in it, or something I’m wildly allergic to. Bleh. This is the worst face I’ve made all day for a tea. Just disgusting.

Who was it that asked for a tea that I HATE? Yeah, you’re getting some of this. :)

lmao

Virginia

Hahaha it’s ME! I’ve had this before…Girl it ain’t THAT bad! XD I thought it was ok. This is why I love asking people to send me one sample of something they really dislike, I find it so interesting to compare. Tastes vary so much from one person to the next.