Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Astringent, Jasmine, Fruity, Hibiscus, Green, Peach, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2393 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2155 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My favorite tea’s of all time!! Been drinking it daily for at least a year. In love

Flavors: Hibiscus, Jasmine

I received a sample packet of this with my last order from David’s. This one really isn’t for me. It has a weird after taste. Since I can’t actually taste, I can’t tell you what it is. But I do not like it. I think I’ll brew up a pot of an old favorite like Glitter & Gold or Cranberry Pear to take the taste out of my mouth.

Mind you, someone who can taste might adore this tea. When you read my tasting notes, you should keep in mind that there may be subtler flavors that round a tea out that I am missing.

Anlina

I love being able to buy 10g samples in store. I have saved myself so much money not buying large quantities of teas that are not for me. It’s too bad they don’t offer sample sizes on their website.

Maddy Barone

It’s a shame I live in Fargo ND where we don’t have any tea shops. I’m maybe heading up to the Peg in about a month and if I do, I’ll hit Polo Park. The folks at David’s have always been helpful to me. I’ll get a selection of small amounts of teas I’d like to try.

This tea is everything I love about tea. It has the gentle earthiness of the green and white tea, with the sweet floral notes of jasmine, and the welcome undertone of hibiscus and peachiness. It smells amazing, tastes amazing, works well hot and cold, and brews very even. Some people talk about oversteeping bitterness, but I rebrew off the same bag so never have an issue.

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 15 of the advent calendar. I like white tea and green tea and this one has both so it was right up my alley. It has a nice light flavour with a touch of peach and jasmine. You have to be careful not to over-steep this one or it gets terribly bitter. I enjoyed it and I am betting that it would be great iced.

Flavors: Green, Jasmine, Peach

I thought this tea would be peachy and lychee-like(although I don’t believe there’s any lychee in this tea) but once steeped according to the instructions it’s just a whole mess of bitter. Which is the complete opposite of what you’d expect it to be. It smells so sweet and promising… until you drink it.

With sugar (1 teaspoon ish): Not bad. I can taste the peachiness a lot more now that the bitterness has disappeared somewhat. It reminds me of lipton’s peach iced tea but more bitter, and without the obscene amounts of sugar they put in that drink.

For the price though, I don’t think it’s worth it! Going to try and see how resteeping will fare with this one. Or in the future, try steeping it at a lower temperature for the same time.

Resteeping (with sugar): All the bitterness have faded away and left behind a very distinctive light white/green tea. By that I mean that you can actually taste both the white and green tea! I can taste the peachiness a lot more now, and it almost reminds me of Teavanna’s orange blossom. But without the orange. It’s actually pretty great. I’d rate this particular steeping a 8.5/10

Tea temperature: Boiling and Steep time: a little over 4 minutes, maybe 4 and a half?

Score changed from 45 to 65

Pleasantly surprised by this tea! This is a sample. I was excited about trying a white tea, though its a white/green tea blend, and flavored. The juicy peachy smell is delicious. I’m finding that I looove floral teas, and love the juicy scents of fruity teas (though the fruity tastes have been hit or miss for me). I put my hot water in a mason jar and added a 1.5 tsp of this tea; the scent was immediately amplified. Set the timer and went about my business. When I came back to run it through a filter, the leaves and blossoms had unfurled and were huge! They filled the glass. So pretty. My drink was slightly oversteeped but still quite yummy. I’d like there to be some more of this in my cupboard.

I got this as a sample from my order that I placed with David’s tea. I wanted something with caffeine while I studied so I decided to open this baby up. I think I might have used wayyy too much because I didn’t enjoy this at all.

However, The smell was so amazing that’s why I was super excited to try it! I assumed it was going to taste pretty floral from the description which it did. The scent though was OMG amazing. I will try it again iced to give it another go but it wasn’t as mind blowing as I had hoped.

I didn’t taste any peach at all. The last two sips were very bitter and jasmine-y. I can still taste it on my tongue almost an hour later. Not about it.

It is a decent tea to sip and would be nice with supper I think but if it is as expensive as people say, then I don’t think it’s that out of this world to garner being purchased for that reason.

Flavors: Jasmine, Peach

If you want a basic white tea, this is great. I mean, there isnt much to say about it. A really mild, great tasting white tea! Only warning, as is with all white teas, DO NOT OVER STEEP! This gets very bitter… watch your timer carefully.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Discovered I had a little sample of this in my cupboard. Its light and a little fruity. Don’t know if I’ll purchase it anytime soon though because I’m not drinking as many fruity teas.

Flavors: Fruity

I just watched a religious social experiment documentary called Kumare. Vikram, an Indian-New Jerseyean dipped his toes back into his childhood faith, travelled to India, and started to film a documentary about yogis and babas in India. Vikram observed these “spiritual leaders”, followed them, lived with them, but couldn’t find any real substance to any. He asked, “Is there anything really to these gurus? If it seems so easy, why wouldn’t he be able to do it?”

Vikram turned around and flew back to America. Vikram transformed, with a full beard and put-on Indian accent, into Kumare. Kumare began teaching Arizonans about illusion, mirrors, and the true self. Kumare’s only tenet was that the external guru (effectively Kumare) was fake – an illusion – and that the true guru was inside oneself (for self transformation).

At one point, a psychic relayed to Kumare that Buddha had once said: “If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!” This tale reinforces Kumare’s teaching that the guru is no different than oneself and not to attach to any specific person or symbol other than one’s own self.

Infused with supernatural energy, Davids Tea’s Buddhas Blend is sweet and croppy. The bright, creamy mouthfeel slides into a warming fullness towards the end.

A preparation note: The Steepster averages seem quite extreme (77oz!), but the staff in the NYC storefront specifically warned against oversteeping, going as far as crossing out the 2min steep time in favor of a single minute. I’ve been brewing 2.5 tsps in 500mL at 175F for 1-2 minute to great delight.

Flavors: Almond, Cream, Geranium