Buddha's Blend

Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Peach, Flowers, Honey, Grass, Orchids
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1179 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1345 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

greatness in a cup. would drink any day, anytime

Buddha’s Blend is a blend of white and green tea and has hibiscus blossoms and jasmine pearls in it! OMG FLOWERSSS YAY!!!

I first tried this tea when it was the tea of the day, and now I am sipping it peacefully in my own home, in my little Chinese tea cups! I have now experienced something today, that I did not get to when I tried it in the store, THE FLOWERSSS!

The flowers amaze me when I steep it. I put one in and it was super tine, and now, it is like 5 times that size, it’s beautiful!

The main thing I taste is the white tea and there is a background taste that is kind of fruity. It would most likely be good cold too!

I like this tea, it’s an easy drink. Only complaint would be that the taste doesn’t live up to the smell. This aroma of this tea is out of this world, but the taste is quite mild. Best brewed strong, and enjoyed clear. I have a hunch that it would make a great floral iced tea, if you’re in to that kind of thing :)

Quality and unique tea. This is relaxing, fragrant (but not overly powerful), and peaceful. Do not over brew. This is a nice tea after dinner.

A fruity white/green reminiscent of peach, with floral notes. Sometimes this had an odd bitter tang to it, which may have been the green tea, but overall this was a light, fruity tea, with not a lot of “tea” flavor.

This smells awesomely peachy. I’m not smelling alot of floral notes here, but that could just be my sense of smell betraying me.

I had an operator-error with the first cup. Do NOT forget about this tea and let it steep for 15 min! Yuck. Very bitter. Down the drain it went. I watched the second infusion like a hawk and stopped it at 3 min exactly.

The peach has faded to a very light scent. It tastes kind of eh. Nothing truly distinctive about it. I’ll finish drinking it, but more to increase my water intake for the day than out of true desire.

I’m not going to rate this yet, as I’m sure the first infusion would have tasted much different if I had treated it properly. I’ll have to try again.

The tea is more fragrant than flavorful.

One of my favorite teas to drink. It has such a nice pleasant flavor. It’s not overwhelming, then again I love jasmine and floral type teas. SO for someone who doesn’t like flower teas it wont be for them.

You know how they say that the best relationships are the ones that never feel like “work”? Well, by those standards, this tea and I are a divorced, bitter couple. Oh, how I wanted to love this blend. On paper, the mixture of white and green tea, jasmine pearls, hibiscus blossoms and tempting “artificial flavoring” seemed like a match made in awesomeness heaven. But, in reality, this tea was exhausting. The first time I made it, I followed the instructions, steeping 1 teaspoon for the required amount of time. It smelled amazing. But it tasted bitter, so I broke every cardinal rule of being a distinguished tea-drinker (will they take away my license?) and watered it down a bit; still, it was harsh. This wouldn’t be a deal-breaker for me, necessarily, had the leaves not SMELLED so sweet, making for a weird disparity between what my nose sensed and my taste buds tasted. The second time I made it, it was equally unimpressive and the third time, I specifically used less tea and steeped for less time – still bitter. I shouldn’t have to work this hard to love you, Buddha’s Blend. We had great potential, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea…I think it’s time we see other people. To be honest, you kind of remind me of a Tetley.

My favourite straight tea combination. Subtly floral with jasmine notes. Super refreshing Iced