Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Bitter, Floral, Fruity, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Jasmine, Sweet, Astringent, Green, Peach, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Flowers, Tart, Pear, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Smelled lovely, but too bitter for my taste.

Got this as a sample from a recent David’s order. There’s a nice floral aroma to it from the jasmine and hibiscus. Not a fan of the taste at all though. It’s a tart and bitter flavour that really lingers on the palate. Hibiscus generally ruins teas for me but it’s extra rough in this combined with the bitter after-taste. I hate to pour tea down the sink, but this one’s really not for me. If you like hibiscus though, don’t be too put off by this review. I’m generally biased towards it, so you might actually enjoy it.

Flavors: Bitter, Flowers, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Tart

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I burned my sample of this by following DT’s steeping instructions :( It says to use a water at 90’c which is (now that I think of it) odd since it’s a blend of green tea (usually requires water at 85’c) and white tea (usually requires water around 75’c). So, yeah, my first cup was undrinkable. The dry leaves smelled nice though (although maybe too fruity for me) and the leaves were beautiful too. I resteeped it with proper settings and, well, I have less to say about it. Nothing special, not my kind!

I may have tried this initially either in the store or as a sample packet from a purchase. Or not. Or read about it from other reviewers. Whatever.

One day when I was in a David’s store here, I ran into a client who raved and raved about this tea being her favourite. She often doctors it up with organic baby rose buds she buys from a health food store. Between this chat and the intoxicating scent of the dry tea, I ended up buying a good bit to try and formulate my own perspective.

Based on what I don’t know, I had expected this tea to taste false, unlike real things. Nope. I had given the bag a good shake to ensure that I would be getting a bit of everything on my scoop, brewed it quickly with boiling water that I had walked away from for a few minutes to let cool a bit.

This is lovely tea. Lovely. Yellow amber in the glass. Smooth, light, intoxicating flavour. Floral and fruity but mellow and not too much of either. Rose, jasmine, and lychee fluttering about on a delicate white tea base. Apparently, there is green tea as well, but it must be just a suggestion to give a bit more body.

All in all, a very nice balance of flavours and a very nice cup indeed.

Evol Ving Ness

And now after having posted my review, I am reading what others have said about this tea. And they say peaches. Yes, peaches. It could be peaches. It could be lychees. It could be both. Whatever. It’s delicious.

I really like this tea. I once oversteeped it, however, and it became quite bitter, so now I only let it steep for 5 minutes. The smeel alone is wonderfull and, though there is no peach in the ingredients, I can distinguish it in the smell/taste. I like the hibiscus blossoms in the blend.

Flavors: Flowers, Fruity, Peach

Day 13/24

I’ve had this tea before iced and it didn’t thrill me, so I decided to give it a go hot.

I like the undertones of this—pretty heavy on the peach and slightly floral. Before, I didn’t really get the peach out of this, which was kind of disappointing, but it’s here in full force tonight. Unfortunately, this tea is very astringent. It’s not too bad but I steeped it at 80 degrees for 2 minutes (which is pretty conservative for how I would normally steep whites and pretty standard for greens) and it’s still has a pretty intense astringency; this tea would likely turn very bitter if you weren’t careful with it.

I’m definitely liking it more than my memories can recall, so I’ll boost it a few points. It certainly not my favourite and I think I would get tired of it very quickly.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Peach

Kristal

I found Cherry Blossom was astringent too :/

Fay

Same :/ Maybe it’s because they’re both white-green blends but get recommended steeping parameters of whites.

Kristal

I think that may be the case!

This was a sample from my last David’s Tea order. I was surprised at how peachy the dry leaf smelled! I was not expecting the large blossoms in this tea either. A nice touch.

Upon brewing this tea I got a lovely bouquet in addition to the peach and pear notes. I didn’t think I would like the jasmine in this, but I stand corrected! I wonder if this would be just as good iced?

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Peach, Pear, Vegetal

carol who

I love this iced. Yum yum. I think I’ll go look in my cabinet and see if I have some….

College Graduation Party Tea #1
Dear David’s Tea… are you kidding me? The label for this tea says 90c/194f for 4-5 minutes. Anyone who tries these recommendations, just like me, will hate the drink and toss it out. I may be an avid tea drinker, but I try to follow directions… I appologize to all those who tasted such a nasty mess, who suggest 194f for a white/green tea blend with jasmine in it anyways.
I am willing to bet the rights to timetravel that Buddha himself would not approve of this tea.

I didn’t like this tea. The first couple of times I made it, I got distracted and let it oversteep, and it was so awful I couldn’t stomach it. Usually really strong tea doesn’t bother me, as I grew up drinking green tea left in boiling water for hours on end.

Finally, I got the courage to make it again, and I’ve found it drinkable, but nothing special. I don’t know if it’s the hibiscus or what, but there’s slightly medicine-y undertones to it. I guess if you like reeeeeally floral brews you might like it, but it’s not my cup of tea.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal

so I got this as a free sample from ordering from the David’s Tea site, as soon as I opened it I was amazed by how great it smells, I was hesitant to take this to work with me this morning so I’m having it with dinner, I usually go with something lower on the caffeine scale for after work wind-down but I figured what the heck, normally with something that smells this great I make my husband take a whiff (he kind of hates it), but he just got 2 of his wisdom teeth removed yesterday so I figured I’d take pity on him and leave him be.. anyways, back to the tea.. nice, floral taste to it, got much stronger as it sat/got to the bottom of the cup.. like really strong, almost like chewing on a flower, if I got it as a sample again I wouldn’t hesitate to make it again but I’m not sure this is one I’ll be keeping on hand at all times.

Flavors: Floral