Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Jasmine, Orchids, Peach, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1966 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 697 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

FAILURE! I have never had a white tea go bitter on me … this is so bitter it’s undrinkable! I prepared according to David’s parameters and it failed. I still have two small samples that I can try different parameters but I don’t have high hopes.

I let this one steep for 4 and a half minutes, at a very very low temperature after reading everybody else’s comments. The taste is mostly peach, with a faint floral je-ne-sais-quoi, and an astringency I can relate to green tea. There is a sweetness, a bit like cantaloupe. I wouldn’t say it is bitter, but I can see that it’s probably very easy to get there. I actually liked this one, not enough to say I would buy it (this was a sample), but I won’t procrastinate to finish it.

Currently my all time favorite tea. Has a lovely aroma and tastes delicious as long as you don’t oversteep it. I personally prefer my tea on the bitter side so I steep it longer than suggested. If you’ve tried it and hated it, try steeping at a lower water temperature (like around 175 degrees F) and only steep it for 2 minutes. I love drinking it hot and cold so I can have it all year round and I love the hibiscus and jasmine flavour the tea has.

Buddha’s Blend… oh Buddha’s blend…

Funny story…
About a week or two ago, I came to work, filled the tea kettle, several minutes later I went back, filled my cup, let it sit for a few more minutes (didn’t want the water to be too hot for this tea), steeped for the appropriate amount of time, then took a sip. You know, you’re usual tea routine…. what’s unusual about it? I didn’t turn on the kettle!! hahahahahaha So I essentially cold steeped this for 3-4mins before taking a surprising sip. Wasn’t expecting that! IT was cooooooold.
I wasn’t thrilled, but I wasn’t… too disappointed either. It actually tastes pretty good cold steeped like that! Who would have guessed? haha I still got all the amazing flavours and didn’t even guess there was hibiscus. But the interesting thing is, it’s WHITE hibiscus. Is there a difference? I think their must be. ‘Cause I didn’t get the evil tart that I normally get with the hibiscus.

So today is the day to drink it hot! I’m steeping for 4mins and I used the last of my sample so SIPDOWN! I was worried I might do the same thing again, but as I’m writing this note, I am distracted by the steam rising and dancing in front of my eyes, calling to me to try it, only it’s not quite ready yet. It’s turning a lovely shade of pale yellow, unlike when I coldsteeped it. At that point it looked like slightly coloured water.

Smells like flowers, which usually turns me off, but this time it’s soothing the surges of frustration that are plaguing me from things not working and me not having much to do today. I want to be busier.

Is it… do I dare say it… should I admit it… It is a flower tea though… and it’s hot…
I’m going to say it!!! I like my accidental cold steep better!!! WHAT?! Say it ain’t so!!

It’s fine hot, but I think the 4 min steep was too long. It’s got a ting of bitterness to it and it’s not nearly as soft and smooth as it was before. I found it to be sweet and light and refreshing… Now I’m finding it to be deeper and a bit… too… much…? I guess. I liked the way the jasmine was just right before, where as now it feels heavy and not nearly as refreshing as before. How is that possible? And if you can get a great cold steep in minutes, why am I not trying it more?!

I am SO confused!! But this tea is delicious and I would probably keep small amounts in my cupboard for those days I’m want something refreshing. But until I drink down some teas, I shall bid this one a farewell… until we meet again…

TheKesser

Maybe today I steeped it in too hot of water…? That could explain the bitterness too.

Day 9 of my Easter Advent calendar

The smell of this one really got me. Smells very peachy, which is fun because there’s no peach actually in it. Interesting. Oh, right “artificial flavour”. Peaches. Expectations: decreased.

Tried to scoop out a little of everything to put in the steeping basket. I think I was at least mostly successful. Steeped probably too long, since it was a little bitter towards the end of the cup. Ah, well. No one ever said I was an expert.

The taste is distinctly peachy. Not like the fruit…like the sour candy. Since I don’t really like fuzzy peaches I wasn’t all that impressed, but I wasn’t necessarily disgusted. It was…weird. I would have liked the tea, I think, without any kind of flavour added. Why does it have to have flavouring?! Why not just the goodness of tea?!

I have at least one more cup of this left, maybe two. Before I decide if I’d recommend it, I’ll drink it again.

Verdict: because it’s a white base I doubt I’d ever buy it because it’s expensive and not outstanding.

Been drinking more iced teas these days as the weather is starting to warm up (or go crazy in the form of hail/thunderstorms/sun that is vancouver). Smells and tastes super peach and floral – quite refreshing actually.

I know its been forever since i last sat to write a review, so here goes… The Buddha must have had some good taste and so do there people at David’s tea because i was very happy with this green/ white blend. Now, normally I find white teas to be extremely mellow and sometimes without a strong overtone from another flavor i often lose sight of the tea and just taste warm water:( But they really did a great job with this one. As soon as you open the tea a very floral and sweet smell of hibiscus flower and green tea. The opening aroma in itself is amazing, so it lends to the inability to wait long enough for the tea to really brew:) The smooth taste of green tea and white tea really work well together in this blend. It might have been the white that absorbed the grassy flavor of a true green and the green lent to the white tea. However the true wonderfulness of this tea really comes from hibiscus flower petal that are so abundant in the tea itself, not mention they bloom out wonderfully and lend even more of that floral and sweet smell to the tea. You can smell it from around the room as it steeps and i can personally say that after 5 steepings this tea blend definitely has some staying power. 5 steeps! and the smell and flavor maintained tip the end…i just wish i had some more:)

Flavors: Flowers, Honey

Admiral Solaire

4tsp in 29573ml of water, I bet that watered down the taste a tiny weeny bit! lolol

Do you ever just stare at tea and look at how beautiful it is?
Yeah well I did that with this tea. The whole white hibiscus blossoms! They’re so pretty to look at! And the scent of the peach isn’t overbearing. Oh this tea is just great to look at and to smell okay
It’s honestly just dang gorgeous.

The peach shines through the jasmine and the hibiscus. I wouldn’t even have known there was jasmine in this if I didn’t read the label! Definitely bought this for the jasmine, but I don’t see or smell it in this blend, so I’m hoping that it’ll come out when I finally drink it.
WAIT WAIT. Yes, I do see the jasmine pearls! But the jasmine to other stuff proportion isn’t as large as I would have liked.
GUYS. IT SMELLS LIKE THE TROLLI PEACH-O’S!!! AND IT EVEN TASTES LIKE IT AS WELL!!
OH GOSH. I REALLY LIKE THIS TEA. IT TASTES LIKE CANDY AND BEAUTIFUL PEACH-O RINGS AND AHHHH SO SO SO GOOD.
but like.. I taste no jasmine at all :( Ahh well. I have like 4 other jasmine teas in my stash, if I want to taste the jasmine, I can just add more to this blend :)

It is a bit watered down for my taste, so I’ll just remember to overleaf a bit :)

Flavors: Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

I came up with this idea the other day that I would like to try all of the David’s Tea teas (the only loose leaf tea shop in my area), that way I know which ones I would like to keep on hand as well as know I’m not missing out on anything. To start off, I’m going through all the teas I currently have to take note of which ones I would like to buy again.

I just had a cup of Buddha’s Blend, using what I had left from the 24 Days of Tea advent calendar. I got a floral and peachy taste from it, and quite enjoyed it. It didn’t overly taste like a green tea to me, not much grassiness to it. I still need to try an unflavored white tea, so no comment on how much flavot the white tea had given off.
I would buy this one again.

I think I’ve finally found some steeping parameters for this where it didn’t taste soapy: 1 tsp per 8 oz, low 80sC, 2.5 minute steep. I underleafed it instead of using cooler water, and while the flavours were muted, I could definitely smell peach and jasmine.

I’ll probably stick with this method, as I’d rather deal with this tea being a tad weak than tasting like soap.

I had this today after I came home from a long day of walking around downtown Toronto for Doors Open. A well-deserved drink indeed! The weather was absolutely gorgeous today – you couldn’t possibly have asked for anything better.