Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Tea, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Astringent, Green, Peach, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Pear, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bitter, floral.

Leaf smells great but brews into an average tea. Wouldn’t buy again.

Second steep was still strong, but didn’t bother with a third.

Flavors: Floral

This smells absolutely amazing! It’s viscosity is also visibly higher than that of other teas—it actually looked thicker as I strained it. It comes out a honey color.

The first sip is actually a bit bitter, but I can taste the sweet jasmine and hibiscus underneath that. I steeped it at 180 for the white tea, but I’ll try 175 to try and play nice with the green tea? Maybe that’ll help. :P

It’s very light and unique. :) It has an intoxicating smell to it. Not really sure what it’s coming from.

I love white and green tea blends, though. Yum! (Plus the skinny tin is super duper cute!)

Flavors: Hibiscus, Honey, Jasmine, Sweet

daily resolution 6/14
Reviewing in retrospect. It just smells so good.
Overleafed and oversteeped the first time around and still enjoyed it (even if it was a tad bitterer than I’d like). Learned from my mistakes, and the second try was light and fragrant, and the surprising peach really came through.
I may or may not have spent the rest of the day shoving the dregs of my mug into my friends’ faces.

Flavors: Astringent, Floral, Green, Jasmine, Peach, Smooth

Got a sample from “your daily resolution” sampler from DAVIDsTEA. I am a fan of florals, especially jasmine and peach and I like the idea of the green/white/jasmine tea blend. The smell of the dry tea really caught my attention, definitely peachy but I noticed a little bitterness undertone when I smelled deeper that did not come through when steeped. I was careful not to over steep, around 2 minutes and that was just about right because it turned out beautifully. It tastes vegetal, grassy and peachy. I know there was a couple of jasmine pearls in there but the jasmine did not come out as much as I hoped, so when I make this again I may toss in a jasmine butterfly (from DAVIDsTEA) to bump up the floral. Now as I get to the bottom of my first cup, I am hooked and my rating keeps moving up. Would recommend to people who like florals and peach.

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I liked this one a lot. I think it’s one of my favorite white tea from DT as of now. I would like to purchase it!

Advent calendar [13/24]

I received this one as a sample not too long ago and I think I found that it was just alright. This morning, however, I tried again at 70 degrees and found that it had no taste. I thought, okay, maybe it’ll be alright at 75. Still no taste, though it was smooth and refreshing once it cooled down for almost an hour. I tried once more at 80 degrees and found a mild hint of fuzzy peach candies with a sour aftertaste.

I’m starting to think that perhaps I’m on my way to getting a cold, and my taste buds are just blocked. I still have some of my sample left. I will have to try it another day.

I think I’ll keep this rating at a 70. There’s nothing inherently bad about this tea, though it’s too mild for my tastes.

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Peach, Smooth

Not huge on this one either. That’s why I didn’t mind the error in my calendar.

Nice! Maybe you can complain to DT for a little something extra? :)

Ah, that’s alright. I am going to go there today through for my free cup of tea for my bday :)

Happy belated birthday!!

Thanks! It was a great day!

Smelled lovely, but too bitter for my taste.

I received another sample of this and am reviewing it a second time as I think I was overly harsh with it the first time around. I think I let it steep too long and cool too much when I wrote the bulk of the review last time. Accounting for both elements this time around have cause me to rethink the 15/100 I gave it previously in favour of the new 45/100 rating. Sure I still wouldn’t purchase or recommend this one, but I’ve softened the outrage of my initial review. I didn’t dump it down the sink this time around but decided not to chance a second steep. I prefer less temperamental teas – in minutes as it cooled, I went from feeling this tea had a delicate balance to being plain awful. Still, the fleeting moment of delicate balance was enough for me to rethink my review. Maybe there’s a lesson about mindfulness somewhere in there?

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Tart

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I burned my sample of this by following DT’s steeping instructions :( It says to use a water at 90’c which is (now that I think of it) odd since it’s a blend of green tea (usually requires water at 85’c) and white tea (usually requires water around 75’c). So, yeah, my first cup was undrinkable. The dry leaves smelled nice though (although maybe too fruity for me) and the leaves were beautiful too. I resteeped it with proper settings and, well, I have less to say about it. Nothing special, not my kind!

I may have tried this initially either in the store or as a sample packet from a purchase. Or not. Or read about it from other reviewers. Whatever.

One day when I was in a David’s store here, I ran into a client who raved and raved about this tea being her favourite. She often doctors it up with organic baby rose buds she buys from a health food store. Between this chat and the intoxicating scent of the dry tea, I ended up buying a good bit to try and formulate my own perspective.

Based on what I don’t know, I had expected this tea to taste false, unlike real things. Nope. I had given the bag a good shake to ensure that I would be getting a bit of everything on my scoop, brewed it quickly with boiling water that I had walked away from for a few minutes to let cool a bit.

This is lovely tea. Lovely. Yellow amber in the glass. Smooth, light, intoxicating flavour. Floral and fruity but mellow and not too much of either. Rose, jasmine, and lychee fluttering about on a delicate white tea base. Apparently, there is green tea as well, but it must be just a suggestion to give a bit more body.

All in all, a very nice balance of flavours and a very nice cup indeed.

Evol Ving Ness

And now after having posted my review, I am reading what others have said about this tea. And they say peaches. Yes, peaches. It could be peaches. It could be lychees. It could be both. Whatever. It’s delicious.