Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Flowers, Fruity, Peach, Floral, Jasmine, Pear, Vegetal, Medicinal, Green, Hibiscus, Astringent, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Hay, Orchids, Bitter, Honey, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Definitely a tasting tea before it ends up in your tea spot of regulars.

I wish I had tasted this one in the store before I brought it home.No sense in wasting the tea leaves now. This tea can become a quick bitterness if one is not careful with steeping time Not my cup of tea, but like books, there are teas for everyone. If you are a green tea connoisseur, I encourage a tasting.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Flavors: Bitter, Jasmine

I believe I got this sample from Jump62359.

This smells juicy and peachy and a bit floral. Steeped up is still juicy peach and floral aroma, but less intoxicating than the dry leaf. Holy flowerbomb! This is very floral, with enough fruity peachiness to keep it from getting lost in the wave of flowers rolling across your taste buds. The peach and the floral actually make a good pair, but it’s just too floral for me. I’m not much of a floral person, but if you are this is for you.

Editted to add, I guess I have tried this one before, seems like I had a much different experience last time. I mentioned the peach drowning out the jasmine. Total opposite experience this time, weird.

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I’ve left this one until last, primarily because green/jasmine teas have never really been my thing, and part of me at least is a bit scared of them. Silly, but true. Because I’m braver at work, I brought this sample with me to try today. I used 1 tsp of leaf in water cooled to around 180, and gave it 3 minutes.

The resulting liquor is a medium yellow-green. It smells surprisingly fruity. The initial flavour is peach — it’s quite fuzzy and natural tasting, thankfully, as peach is something I can be very picky about. After the initial fruitiness, I get mostly jasmine. It’s quite floral and sweet, although not overpoweringly so. A tiny bit of green tea pokes out in the aftertaste, but it’s smooth, a little grassy, and not at all bitter or astringent.

Overall, this one is okay. It’s a combination of flavours that’s never going to be my favourite, but it’s more drinkable than I feared. Thanks to ashleyelizabeth for giving me the chance to try this one!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I recently had my first outing to David’s Tea on a recommendation from a friend. I am so glad I ended up going! I had a lot of fun and the person helping me was very knowledgable. I wanted a floral tea with jasmine, and he hooked me right up! I am partial to jasmine and this delivers well! I have been drinking it on and off for a month. In the beginning I really liked the tea but now I find it a bit bitter. No idea what happened! But while enjoying it, it was great if you like the floral teas!

The smell of this tea is amazing. Very peachy and floral, reminds me of the fuzzy peaches candy. It has a very light taste and I wanted to bring out more of the peach flavor so I tried sweetening it with brown sugar crystals – bad idea. It changed the flavor entirely, I definitely like this tea but will probably experiment with different sweeteners or just stick with it plain.

Flavors: Floral, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

I love this!! I just add a lil bit of honey, and I reach nirvana!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

One of my favourites. So absolutely delicious once I found out the perfect steeping parameters (Thank you Shayne!!). If it’s over steeped or steeped in water that is too hot, it gets SUPER bitter but if steeped properly it’s sweet, floral and super flavourful.

This tea is very relaxing and also very confusing. To me, it tastes very definitively of peach with some honey notes. However, neither of these things are listed in the ingredients list. Whatever, I’m still enjoying it although there is a slight astringency at the end of the sip that I’m not crazy about.

Also, I can’t stop watching Hannibal! Thanks a lot Ost and Virgnia. LOL

Flavors: Honey, Peach

Ost

Ah yes!! Hannibal!! The second season will rip out your heart though…brace yourself. You’ll need a lot of comfort tea after that!

I got this as a gift a while ago, and on the bag the suggested steep parameters had been crossed out and “30 seconds” written in by hand. And, looking at the ingredients, I decided to abide by them.
Sipping it, it’s definitely something that could easily be oversteeped. Dry it smells mostly of jasmine and hibiscus (peaches?), and I get manly jasmine and peach when I sip it. I think the hibiscus is what makes the peach in this; I’m glad there doesn’t seem to be very much of it, and I can’t really taste it on its own (didn’t really see any in the bag, and the brew didn’t instantly turn pink, but you can definitely smell it), as I’m still not a huge fan of hibiscus.
This’ the last of this, as well. At thirty seconds it’s not bad (and can be resteeped); I don’t know if I’d buy it myself, though.

Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve never re-steeped this one before, so I tried that today. A little weak but not terrible, 1:30 the first time, 2:00 the second. It was okay, I guess I’d do it again? I wouldn’t try more than two steepings though. I think sugar helped (1 tsp turbinado).

Flavors: Flowers, Fruity, Sweet