Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Floral, Flowers, Jasmine, Sweet, Round , Tannin, Fruity, Milk, Tea, Bitter, Perfume, Soap, Hibiscus, Honey, Astringent, Green, Peach, Smooth, Hay, Vegetal, Grass, Tart, Pear, Medicinal, Almond, Cream, Geranium, Dry Grass, Orchids, Smoke
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I may have tried this initially either in the store or as a sample packet from a purchase. Or not. Or read about it from other reviewers. Whatever.

One day when I was in a David’s store here, I ran into a client who raved and raved about this tea being her favourite. She often doctors it up with organic baby rose buds she buys from a health food store. Between this chat and the intoxicating scent of the dry tea, I ended up buying a good bit to try and formulate my own perspective.

Based on what I don’t know, I had expected this tea to taste false, unlike real things. Nope. I had given the bag a good shake to ensure that I would be getting a bit of everything on my scoop, brewed it quickly with boiling water that I had walked away from for a few minutes to let cool a bit.

This is lovely tea. Lovely. Yellow amber in the glass. Smooth, light, intoxicating flavour. Floral and fruity but mellow and not too much of either. Rose, jasmine, and lychee fluttering about on a delicate white tea base. Apparently, there is green tea as well, but it must be just a suggestion to give a bit more body.

All in all, a very nice balance of flavours and a very nice cup indeed.

Evol Ving Ness

And now after having posted my review, I am reading what others have said about this tea. And they say peaches. Yes, peaches. It could be peaches. It could be lychees. It could be both. Whatever. It’s delicious.

I really like this tea. I once oversteeped it, however, and it became quite bitter, so now I only let it steep for 5 minutes. The smeel alone is wonderfull and, though there is no peach in the ingredients, I can distinguish it in the smell/taste. I like the hibiscus blossoms in the blend.

Flavors: Flowers, Fruity, Peach

Day 13/24

I’ve had this tea before iced and it didn’t thrill me, so I decided to give it a go hot.

I like the undertones of this—pretty heavy on the peach and slightly floral. Before, I didn’t really get the peach out of this, which was kind of disappointing, but it’s here in full force tonight. Unfortunately, this tea is very astringent. It’s not too bad but I steeped it at 80 degrees for 2 minutes (which is pretty conservative for how I would normally steep whites and pretty standard for greens) and it’s still has a pretty intense astringency; this tea would likely turn very bitter if you weren’t careful with it.

I’m definitely liking it more than my memories can recall, so I’ll boost it a few points. It certainly not my favourite and I think I would get tired of it very quickly.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Peach

Kristal

I found Cherry Blossom was astringent too :/

Fay

Same :/ Maybe it’s because they’re both white-green blends but get recommended steeping parameters of whites.

Kristal

I think that may be the case!

This was a sample from my last David’s Tea order. I was surprised at how peachy the dry leaf smelled! I was not expecting the large blossoms in this tea either. A nice touch.

Upon brewing this tea I got a lovely bouquet in addition to the peach and pear notes. I didn’t think I would like the jasmine in this, but I stand corrected! I wonder if this would be just as good iced?

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Peach, Pear, Vegetal

carol who

I love this iced. Yum yum. I think I’ll go look in my cabinet and see if I have some….

College Graduation Party Tea #1
Dear David’s Tea… are you kidding me? The label for this tea says 90c/194f for 4-5 minutes. Anyone who tries these recommendations, just like me, will hate the drink and toss it out. I may be an avid tea drinker, but I try to follow directions… I appologize to all those who tasted such a nasty mess, who suggest 194f for a white/green tea blend with jasmine in it anyways.
I am willing to bet the rights to timetravel that Buddha himself would not approve of this tea.

I didn’t like this tea. The first couple of times I made it, I got distracted and let it oversteep, and it was so awful I couldn’t stomach it. Usually really strong tea doesn’t bother me, as I grew up drinking green tea left in boiling water for hours on end.

Finally, I got the courage to make it again, and I’ve found it drinkable, but nothing special. I don’t know if it’s the hibiscus or what, but there’s slightly medicine-y undertones to it. I guess if you like reeeeeally floral brews you might like it, but it’s not my cup of tea.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal

so I got this as a free sample from ordering from the David’s Tea site, as soon as I opened it I was amazed by how great it smells, I was hesitant to take this to work with me this morning so I’m having it with dinner, I usually go with something lower on the caffeine scale for after work wind-down but I figured what the heck, normally with something that smells this great I make my husband take a whiff (he kind of hates it), but he just got 2 of his wisdom teeth removed yesterday so I figured I’d take pity on him and leave him be.. anyways, back to the tea.. nice, floral taste to it, got much stronger as it sat/got to the bottom of the cup.. like really strong, almost like chewing on a flower, if I got it as a sample again I wouldn’t hesitate to make it again but I’m not sure this is one I’ll be keeping on hand at all times.

Flavors: Floral

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

I find pit fruit flavours go well with white teas. Some find they either love it or hate it, my palate LOVES it. Peaches n Cream by Sloane is another good one, but it’s harder to find I think because it’s an Indigo/Chapters exclusive.
This one is a bit more floral than the Sloane one and you can’t over steep it or it gets bitter, so keep an eye on it when brewing!! ;)

Flavors: Floral, Green, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Peach

I’ll have to try cold steeping this one, as it is so so finnicky when it comes to being bitter.
I wish it smelled as sweet and juicy as the dry leaf, but even with 175 temp water and a short steep, I rarely get a relaxing brew. More often than not, I’m left with a bitter cup that is overwhelmed with jasmine.

Oh Buddha’s Blend, I yearn for your to take me to nirvana, but I’ll have to find that in another tea.

Flavors: Astringent, Jasmine

Fjellrev

Welcome back, Daisy! Was wondering where you went. :)

DaisyChubb

hehe, thanks! I got wrapped up in a whirlwind of … well I don’t know what, but I’m back for now at least ;)

I don’t like teas that are so delicate that it becomes a complete crap-shoot on whether or not it’s going to be drinkable every time you make it.

I got this as a sample and I’m guessing the planets must have been aligned in my favour that day because it was AMAZING. Delicate, floral with a light, sweet, fruity quality. I’ve had it sent to me as a sample several more times since then and I can not for the life of me make it as well as I made it that first time. The finished product ranges anywhere from slightly bitter to completely undrinkable.

I’ve experimented with water temperatures, amounts of leaves, amount of water and steeping times. I’ve looked up how other people have made it and followed their advice to the letter. No good. It’s always awful and it’s frustrating because I know how good it can be if only I could get it right again.

Anyway, I don’t think the perfect cup of Buddha’s Blend is going to happen for me ever again and I don’t think a tea whereby the end result is a complete gamble is really worth it, to be honest.